Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 25, 2020 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The weather may not be very good but the club members knows how to find some fun.

As expected, fishing takes some strategic mind including the location. Now with that in mind, we do also get more fishing with shrimps this episode. Neat imo.
Aug 25, 2020 7:12 AM

Apr 2010
So that's how you catch shrimp.
And seemed pretty hard but it's all about timing.
And the teacher should learn not to drink in front of her students.
Aug 25, 2020 7:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're not afraid of the rain... the shrimps were interesting to see and it's different from the shrimps to catch with a landing net directly in the sea and they are different and easier to catch it would be cool that they try to fish with landing net one episode or big fishing nets
Aug 25, 2020 7:48 AM

Jan 2014
Hina's frustration as she was failing at the start lol. She's too pure.
Aug 25, 2020 7:50 AM

Aug 2012

That's what you get for taunting, Hina.

Btw, can you eat the shrimp shells? I always remove them before eating shrimps.
Aug 25, 2020 8:24 AM

Oct 2017
Lol that scene where the shrimp fell while Hina was acting smug was hilarious.

Catching shrimps seemed fun and they looked tasty too.
Aug 25, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2019
good episode, also, is no one going to question how long those unnamed girls on top of the bridge were there for so long that they heard Hina scream twice.

anyways, nice cooking short at the end too, and Kuroiwa's sly behaviour to con out Sayaka's money lol.

MrAwesome2018 said:
had a quick search and you can but it is not recommended, I don't eat the shell myself, but it is there if you feel like going madlad mode.
Aug 25, 2020 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
NextUniverse said:
had a quick search and you can but it is not recommended, I don't eat the shell myself, but it is there if you feel like going madlad mode.

Ah, i see. I'll just stick with removing it.
Aug 25, 2020 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
Love the look on hina's face after she caught that shrimp and even more when it fell.

Makoto's always perfect with her hands.

Always love seeing sayaka-sensei tho.
Aug 25, 2020 9:36 AM

Feb 2019
Sayaka chan is adorable. Shrimp is my fave seafood so this was the best episode for me so far. It’s funny I was wondering the same thing as Hina about “wouldn’t nets be better” but everything worked out for the girls.

Another great episode! Swimsuit fishing next time?
Aug 25, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
The cravings I got from this show are real xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2020 11:48 AM

Apr 2016
The true thrill and excitement starts when you see fishing guard approaching to you and you dont have fishing permit.

That's when the real shit begins, when you start running with a fish on your rod ...
Aug 25, 2020 1:14 PM

Jul 2020
Great rainy episode, especially because it's a rainy day irl that makes it so cozy. xD

Oh god looking at Makoto frying those shrimps made me think of that heavenly smell of fried shrimps
Now I want to eat shrimp too ^^
Also, I didn't know you could eat the shell of specific shrimps

Hina and her learning curve, it's so cute.
Aug 25, 2020 4:45 PM

Jul 2017
Even with a precedence of bad weather, nothing's gonna the Breakwater Club from enjoying their fishing sessions.

To have a club room such as Sayaka-sensei's nurse room, well you got what you paid for I'd guess. And fishing for prawns/shrimp whilst ravaging though Sayaka-sensei's food for stock, that's to withhold the liqueur back HEH.

Ooh fishing permits, I'd haven't seen one of those in a long time for approval to fish in communal murky waters. Unlike normal fish-fishing, prawns have the exact same but specific methods to fish successfully. One thing common: IT'S NOT EASY to bait prawns (and that's coming from experience even in recreational prawning), plus waiting time of usually 20-30 seconds.

The key to prawning is patience, and slowly Hina is getting the hang of it. Eating it though...another waiting time to clean the caught prawns. Oono-senpai's cooking was absurdly delicious (made me thirst for prawns).

Next episode...swimsuit fishing?

Another great episode in the fishing encyclopedia books.
Aug 25, 2020 5:15 PM
May 2015
Yuuki, stop with the puns!! I can only handle so much 😭😭

MrAwesome2018 said:
NextUniverse said:

Ah, i see. I'll just stick with removing it.
It's fine if you fry them though. I also remove it but when I fry my shrimps like these girls just did, I don't remove them. The shrimps are more crunchier that way.
jc9622Aug 25, 2020 5:22 PM

Aug 25, 2020 5:34 PM

Aug 2010
I love how relaxing this anime is.

Hina learned today that she has to pay to fish on rivers.
There is no free lunch, dear loli!
Aug 25, 2020 5:56 PM

Aug 2012
jc9622 said:
It's fine if you fry them though. I also remove it but when I fry my shrimps like these girls just did, I don't remove them. The shrimps are more crunchier that way.

Hmm, i'll try it out.
Aug 25, 2020 6:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, even in the rainy day they were not lose hope to having fun. Its funny how Hina cursed that shrimps. The way she yelled out all of her rage was so cute. Gladly she found out the trick to caught up the shrimps. Yep, its thrilling, and so exciting, pretty solid knowledge she got on that day.

Now i really wanted to eat some fried shrimps. Oh, i am hungry, give me some of them too, girls!

Good episode as always.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 25, 2020 8:46 PM

Mar 2019
GREAT EPISODE!!..

Best and Lovely Expressions of the Season: Hina & Makoto (HoukagoTN), Natsume (Deca-Dence)....... and one more character that hasnt appeared yet... Sumi (Kanojo Okarishimasu)

Fav Girls of Season, with Beatrice (Re:Zero S2).
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 26, 2020 12:05 AM
Dec 2019
it was funny to see Hina's competitive side in this episode. i am enjoying this series, as we are actually finding out how to fish, which is tempting me to give it a try.
Aug 26, 2020 4:06 AM

Jun 2019
As an avid fisherman myself I just can't get over having a cgdct show about fishing. It's not only fun to watch but informative as well, I wonder if the recreational fishing industry in Japan helped sponsor production costs?

I am so envious of the girls for their location on the Japanese coast, it looks heaven made for fishing. I do live on the Solent estuary, but everywhere close to me is ports for cruise ships and container ships.

This show has got me so excited to dip my line again, it's been too long since I've been fishing!

Also the OP is just great, the song is catchy and the scenery is stunning, really showing off the Japanese coast to its fullest.
Aug 26, 2020 7:56 AM

Oct 2016
Time for some tasty prawns. The weather seems dank but one can always find a good opportunity to do some different kind of fishing, or is it shrimping.

One can eat a shrimps shells, though I do highly recommend you cut off it's spikes on it's head. Also best to remove the tip of it's tail, just a small tip, that part tends to be watery and it makes oil splatter.
Aug 26, 2020 9:29 AM

Aug 2020
The anime takes place in the real-life town of Ashikita, Kumamoto-ken on the island of Kyushu. Using Google Maps Street View, one can find many of the spots shown in the anime, like this footbridge.

and the konbini:
Aug 26, 2020 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
My love for Oono and Fox Yuki continues to grow! Another great and comfortable episode.

Potential Pool episode next week??? Please lord YES
SoraSenpaiAug 26, 2020 11:06 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 26, 2020 9:38 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I'm all in for more "Cooking with Ohno-senpai" segments.

Pretty chill episode overall. The rainy setting only making it more soothing and those fried shrimps at the end sure looked absolutely delicious. Hina getting frustrated over her failures at catching them was also rather cute to see.

So... since the pool was shown... uh, swimsuits next episode? 👉👈
SouthRzVaAug 26, 2020 9:42 PM
Aug 27, 2020 6:31 AM

Dec 2018
It was a ok episode

But my lesbian nurse really need to start drinking again and stop carrying about boring rules =P

Imo this anime is much more entertaining when she gets drunk and force herself on the little girls,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

She is a fun drunk =P So I say let the nurse drink again and stop being a party pooper

Aug 27, 2020 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
Poor prawns, they fried them alive.
Aug 27, 2020 6:18 PM

Aug 2018
Hum, that really looks good ! I agree with the teacher, the meal needed some beer
Aug 28, 2020 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
Hina getting mad is extremely adorable!
that bellybutton waist exposure of Hina was dangerously ERO!
5/5.

Aug 28, 2020 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
@23feanor probably that's how they cover part of costs. ;)

KusoKao20 said:
The anime takes place in the real-life town of Ashikita, Kumamoto-ken on the island of Kyushu. Using Google Maps Street View, one can find many of the spots shown in the anime, like this footbridge.

and the konbini:
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Aug 28, 2020 2:02 PM

Jun 2019
@KusoKao20 that is so cool to see the locations in the show, thanks for sharing!

@SouthRzVa agree with you there, more cooking with Ohno-senpai! There's something about Ohno-senpai; she may be quiet but she would be the first girl I'd have asked out if I was at school with them. She'd make an amazing wife.
Aug 28, 2020 4:57 PM

Jul 2016
23feanor said:
@SouthRzVa agree with you there, more cooking with Ohno-senpai! There's something about Ohno-senpai; she may be quiet but she would be the first girl I'd have asked out if I was at school with them. She'd make an amazing wife.

Well, she already showed having some nice motherly instincts so we can say she would make an amazing mother as well.
That is... of course, if she doesn't die from embarrassment at such sudden proposal xD
SouthRzVaAug 28, 2020 5:01 PM
Aug 28, 2020 5:23 PM

Apr 2013
God, Ohno is just so...mannnnnnn listen.
Aug 29, 2020 6:48 AM

Aug 2020
23feanor said:
@KusoKao20 that is so cool to see the locations in the show, thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. There was supposed to be a series of live events in Ashikita linked with the anime but they were cancelled due to COVID-19 and the flooding during the typhoon season :(.
Aug 29, 2020 7:32 AM

Aug 2020
Another real life location depicted in the opening, one of the bridges in Ashikita.
Aug 29, 2020 3:33 PM

Nov 2009
Hehe, shrimp fishing...

Also LOL @ Hina's reactions, she's just too funny to watch.

MrAwesome2018 said:

Most times you don't, some people eat the shells if it's a Chinese Dish where all the sauce is on the shrimp, and shrimps in Chinese Dishes are all shelled shrimp, you don't cook Chinese Dishes with unshelled shrimp unless it's "American Chinese".

If you remove the shell, you literally removes 80% of the flavors on the shrimp.

Also, most times when you eat shrimp with shell on is when the shells are pretty well cooked or grilled.

It's similar to how you can eat certain fishes with bones as they're cooked/ boiled to the point where the bones literally falls into little pieces or becomes soft when you bite into them.

(of course, this also depends on what shrimp you're eating, but most common shrimp's shell is edible. Usually only giant prawns and lobsters and crawfish shells are inedible.) (on other note, tiny shrimps like the size of a penny are pretty much all eaten with shells, Markets literally sells "dried tiny shrimps" where the tiny shrimp are just shells)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 30, 2020 6:42 AM

Nov 2017
the rainy atmosphere was so comfortable to watch

@KusoKao20 awesome! thanks for sharing

plz @ me
Aug 30, 2020 8:13 AM

Aug 2012
amlg said:
Most times you don't, some people eat the shells if it's a Chinese Dish where all the sauce is on the shrimp, and shrimps in Chinese Dishes are all shelled shrimp, you don't cook Chinese Dishes with unshelled shrimp unless it's "American Chinese".

If you remove the shell, you literally removes 80% of the flavors on the shrimp.

Also, most times when you eat shrimp with shell on is when the shells are pretty well cooked or grilled.

It's similar to how you can eat certain fishes with bones as they're cooked/ boiled to the point where the bones literally falls into little pieces or becomes soft when you bite into them.

(of course, this also depends on what shrimp you're eating, but most common shrimp's shell is edible. Usually only giant prawns and lobsters and crawfish shells are inedible.) (on other note, tiny shrimps like the size of a penny are pretty much all eaten with shells, Markets literally sells "dried tiny shrimps" where the tiny shrimp are just shells)

That sounds delicious, thanks for the heads-up.
Aug 30, 2020 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
Depending on the dish, if you do decide to remove the shells, if you save them you can use them for stock. I have a friend who makes shrimp stock for their gumbo, and it is delicious.

Also, not to out myself geographically, this is making me bummed that the Tualatin Crawfish Festival was been canceled due to COVID-19. Fingers crossed for 2021.
Sep 25, 2020 2:20 AM

Oct 2010
I’d get scared shitless handling those shrimps. I might as well use gloves
Oct 4, 2020 10:07 PM

Sep 2018
It looks delicious!! The cooking preparation looks so simple haha I want to try it someday!! 
Oct 11, 2020 1:33 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh oh, my heart. It was cute that they were excited to learn that they'd be fishing even in the rain. I can't help bu find it cute when people get excitedly passionate about something. ;o;;

Also, how dare the teacher even complain that they use her snacks when she ate that big clam. At least you can buy more snacks. You can't buy back that big clam.

I like how Yuuki tries to not put up with their advisor's crap. Like, thank you for not indulging this cruddy character.

Honestly our cast was actually really adorable today (except whenever Sayaka is on the scene-- it seems like everyone's mood kinda changes a little, dang).

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 31, 2020 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
I like Yuuki's fox mode :)
Nov 10, 2020 4:39 AM

Jan 2016
Hina is so annoying with all that screaming
Dec 27, 2020 5:35 AM

Sep 2018
The anime becomes more fun in this second part, already in the previous ones the episodes were a bit detached from the usual, this one does not differ substantially for the narrative structure from the first episodes, but the contexts shown during the episode. The script introduces new features that make the vision less monotonous, with a touch of seriousness and a perspective on fishing techniques, giving way to understand that this anime is not only fun and full of cuteness, but also has other aspects that give it greater charm and the possibility of embracing a wider audience. The importance of fun is reiterated, which is essential in every aspect. Hina and Makoto open their own cooking show, who knows if it will last.
Dec 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Sep 2018
Thanks for the pictures @KusoKao20

It is assumed that the places shown were real, but having a real picture of them is always better.

Jan 26, 2021 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
Hina really became cocky about fishing, underestimating the intelligence of the fish and even at times her friends (especially Natsumi). Funny to see the shrimp be like 'nope im outta here' when Hina taunted it lol.

Feb 25, 2021 11:22 AM

Feb 2020
Rain always make the atmosphere so relaxing.

Those nasty shrimps! xD Hina's reactions never fails to amuse me.

SerafosDec 18, 2023 12:15 PM
Dec 14, 2021 6:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode was about fishing in brackish water for shrimp, they use these funny little poles to do it too which I never knew. It was a nice rainy day too, I really like that vibe for fishing. I will say also, when they actually cooked the shrimp and then ate them, idk man, eating them with all the legs attached and stuff, idk if I could do it lol. If the taste is that good maybe I could do it tho, I’m a big seafood fan after all, as well as an avid fisherman!

And very cool to see those real life location comparisons, I’m really glad I checked this thread just for those!
May 10, 2022 7:05 AM

Jul 2021
Not gonna lie it's quite rare for some people to the whole shrimp parts from head to tail
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2020

92 by HibiChika »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

38 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 3, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

70 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 11 Discussion

snowykevin - Sep 14, 2020

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:54 PM

Poll: » Houkago Teibou Nisshi Episode 9 Discussion

Aversa - Sep 1, 2020

42 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.