Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Somari and the Guardian of the Forest
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2020 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The world building in this show continues to impress me. Now, we got a village with witches and that means more characters introduced.

Of course, Golem supports Somali in her journey now. Their character chemistry is still very noticable in the show. Somali and Uzoi's relationship seems to have also improved since their meeting.
Feb 20, 2020 9:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of emotions in this episode again, I love the library part it was beautiful
Feb 20, 2020 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
Thank God no exotic monster consumption this week.

Anyway ... witches this week, they look the most human from all the magical species we've seen so far lol. And ofc the only information about humans there is, is going to get destroyed ... but the next week's episode preview looks interesting.
Feb 20, 2020 9:51 AM
Nomad

May 2014
HAZEL AND PRALINE FINALLY!
Been waiting for so long to see them in the anime, they were both voice-casted really well! Ai Kayano voicing for Hazel and
Ayahi Takagaki voicing for Praline. Both are very fitting!

And once again, a beautiful episode. The visuals for the Witch's Village knocked it out of the park.
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Feb 20, 2020 10:06 AM

Aug 2012

I like the witch sisters, they were cool.

Next episode is Golem's backstory.
Feb 20, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
Next one will be heavy...
Feb 20, 2020 10:16 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
7/10
Feb 20, 2020 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
This show is full of emotions.

So we have a witch village in this episode. Hazel and Praline are interesting characters.

Feb 20, 2020 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
Somali will prob take that food book with them lmao. How precious.
Feb 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Oct 2017
Haitora and Golem's conversation was sad. They both want to be with their daughters forever but they can't.

Both of the witch sister have interesting magic. Hazel's magic was beautiful.
Feb 20, 2020 12:22 PM
Mar 2015
Something fishy happened to the book
Feb 20, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
Seeing that library gave me that Assention of a Bookworm vibe. I thought Mayne would make a sudden cameo lol.

Most of the witches in this episode seemed human, am I missing something here?
- Are the witches (if human) somewhat too strong to be hunted down by other races?
- Is the village a sanctuary of some kind? e.g no hunting or killing in area.
If that were the case the golem should make Somali become Hazel's apprentice. If the witches were human.
Janethan23Feb 20, 2020 12:30 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 20, 2020 12:48 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
In this situation Somali's innocence really helps in allowing Uzoi to recover and put her full trust in the new relationship she has with Haitora. After that ordeal its nice to see Uzoi and Somali remain fast friends. In a way Haitora's situation is more or less the same problem that Golem has that of time. The village within the forest though sure is rather populous. The village library though really is impressive. Having Ai Kayano play Hazel though was an excellent casting decision. Her calm voice serves well to enhance Hazel's role. The ink eating fish though sure was a curious creature. While the battle to stop the giant fish was interesting the cost of using such an advanced attack by Golem sure took a chunk out of his life. Still this move showed well his determination to protect her until the very end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2017
This episode was visually stunning! I could be happy every single day of my life if I lived in that Witch Village 😍

After last weeks episode, I feel like Golem should definitely not leave Somali with the humans... they have horrific lives and her life would constantly be in danger. He should hide her in plain sight... with people who LOOK human but aren't.... people like the witches...
Feb 20, 2020 1:18 PM

Feb 2011
MY BEST GIRL SENSOR IS TICKLING
Feb 20, 2020 1:45 PM

Feb 2019
I really have the urge to pluck those feathers from Haitora's eyesocket, idk it makes me feel very uncomfortable.

One of the best parts of the series is seeing golem go from being an emotionless being to understanding emotions and what love is.

Anyone else get Bookworm vibes off the library? Too bad about the book but golem saving Somali and then saying it didn't matter what happened to the book as long as she was ok was so cute. Looks like we'll meet the head librarian next week. I wonder what type of person she'll be

I'm really not ready for how much this will inevitably break us by the end

I'm really not ready for how much this will inevitably break us by the end
Marinate1016Feb 20, 2020 2:05 PM
Feb 20, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
It's a shame that Golem and Somali had to part ways with Haitora and Uzoi, I would have loved to see them travel together more!! But damn, 301 days left for Golem, it was over a year just a couple of episodes ago... :(

A Witch Village, on first sight, it's absolutely gorgeous!

These Witches sure want you to try their food and beverages, I mean if it's free and don't kill humans, I would be all in!

The library looks incredible!

It's a pity that the book Somali wanted to read to learn about human got damaged by those book eating fish.. Luckily there's still a way to get hold of the information within.

Golem was epic today! That was sick!

Janethan23 said:
Seeing that library gave me that Assention of a Bookworm vibe. I thought Mayne would make a sudden cameo lol.

Most of the witches in this episode seemed human, am I missing something here?
- Are the witches (if human) somewhat too strong to be hunted down by other races?
- Is the village a sanctuary of some kind? e.g no hunting or killing in area.
If that were the case the golem should make Somali become Hazel's apprentice. If the witches were human.

I don't think we would see Mayne outside of that Library ever again! (also no sight of book eating fish as she would destroy them all)

Interesting take though, I wonder as well if these human-like Witches are actually classed as "humans" or if they are considered a completely different species. Cause if they are humans, it would be the perfect place for Golem to leave Somali there.. Let's hope next week will tell us more!
Feb 20, 2020 6:17 PM

Sep 2017
Meh, tried to mash up my screenshots from the library to create the full picture but the backgrounds weren't the same so it's far from perfect

The library was breathtaking though, truly beautiful
Feb 20, 2020 6:47 PM
Oct 2018
Am I the only one that noticed that those witches probably knew about humans before the rest of the world? I mean, the book about humans was last read 304 years ago, but if Im not mistaken the war with the humans happened less than 20 years ago (I could be wrong tho). Episode was good btw
Feb 20, 2020 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Hazel just was... ooff
Feb 20, 2020 8:20 PM

Feb 2016
I don't know if this episode's pace was just fast or the episode itself was kinda rushed, but oh well, it was still a great episode. Bye to Haitora and Uzoi, hopefully we see them again.

Now we're on the witch town, damn this place is fantastic and the witches' design are really cool. Won't leave the Golem Behind either with that Annihilation mode which got me the chills.

Man, to think so many time has passed ever since episode 2... Only around 300 days are left for the Golem... Oof,

Stark700 said:

The world building in this show continues to impress me.

My thoughts exactly, the world building on this anime is huge. Considering that the source is a web manga it's even more surprising. The amount of detail is stunning, it's sad that nowadays most fantasy anime barely have any world building on it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 20, 2020 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
Sad to see Haitora and Uzoi leaving already. Hope we can see them again before the anime concludes.

Anyways, another visually stunning episode.
Leaving the magic aspect aside, the witches look really human-like so I wonder if some of said humans would have already interacted with the villagers before. Especially considering they don't seem really hostile towards new visitors.

As for the visual aspect, I absolutely love the level of detail the witches have as well as the beautiful design of their village and library. This series never fails to impress me with how creative it can be in terms of backgrounds and characters design.

That said, next episode's preview looks super interesting. Really looking forward to it!
Feb 20, 2020 10:22 PM

Jun 2012
The witches' lair looks stunningly beautiful.

And Somali really have some bad luck with monsters, if this goes on, who knows if this Golem could survive long enough even before his time limit.
Feb 20, 2020 10:30 PM

Aug 2015
The worldbuilding of this anime is amazing. I love how much variety we got in terms of locations. Also Golem-taro is becoming best dad from episode to episode.

On a side note, I am reading Blame right now, and besides both Somali and Blame having great worlds, it is so weird having this kind of contrast between two series.
Feb 21, 2020 2:08 AM

Jul 2017
A good farewell to Uzoi and Haitora, "we will remember ye", closing their chapter as Golem Dad and Somali travels to yet another village. And with the lifespan of 301 days remaining, the search for humans must go on. Hope we'll see them again soon.

Once again, the visuals strike gold, and with the melancholic music, doubles the damage of unspeakable overflowing emotions that just oozes charm each and everytime. Definitely loving it a lot.

Onto the Witches' village, I sense Somali like Isekai Bookworm's Myne, just the amazement of books that brings smiles everywhere in the library. Sisters Praline and Hazel definitely are the usual quirks of characters that don't seem fazed to visitors like Golem Dad and Somali, but their magic is vital.

But damn, Somali can't catch a break being at harm's way, and Golem Dad has to shield her, chipping even more of his life away. I'd think this is one way that she knows that if she continues giving it trouble. But this sentence "As long as you are safe, it's not an issue." cements Golem Dad more as Best Dad for the year (and we're just getting started!).

The book of human chronicles, what does it entail? Quite interested, another excellent episode in the books.
KANLen09Feb 21, 2020 2:13 AM
Feb 21, 2020 2:20 AM
Apr 2018
Whenever they mention 'the promise' my heart hurts.
Feb 21, 2020 3:47 AM

Feb 2014
It's a shame that Haitora and Uzoi have parted ways with Somali and Golem, but I do hope that we'll see them again soon. =)

Thanks to Haitora's info, Somali and Golem arrive at the town of witches. I think this is one of the most visually pretty town so far. Lots of bright and vibrant colours used throughout and the designs of the buildings feel almost influenced by the witches' hat. I really like it! ^_^

The hospitality offered to Somali and Golem when they first stepped into the town was very generous, too. Anyway, both Somali and Golem were guided to the impressive looking library where we meet Praline and, a little while later, her older sister, Hazel. Both have different personalities and their witch power differs greatly, but both of them are amusing to watch.

It was great that they found the sole remaining book about the humans, but unfortunately, the book-eating fish chose that time to attack our group and in the end, the big fish caused irreparable damage to the book. When the fish decided to go after Somali next, Golem made his move to protect her and bloody hell did he destroy that fish with ease.

Luckily, the head librarian read this book in the past, so I just hope that Somali and Golem can get the information that they're looking for from her in the next episode.
Feb 21, 2020 6:24 AM

Mar 2015
Jesuschrist, she thicc. Also, were Haitora and Uzoi already on that town? By the dialogs it seemed like not but implying the world's knowledge is gathered there I'm quite baffled by the fact they didn't seem interested on going there.
Feb 21, 2020 12:22 PM

Oct 2018
episode by episode it is getting boring :(
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 21, 2020 4:19 PM

Aug 2018
Backgrounds in this Somali are so gorgeous they make my eyes tear up for real, the random average anime feel like it has backgrounds drawn by pre-schooler in comparison.

For the first time we got some Jotaro-esque level of elimination, I knew the Golem daddy was badass as hell and this obliteration proves it is literally built to eradicate any species after identification.

Big tiddy megane witch and fang tomboy witch sisters are a full win combo, already love them, can't wait to see the headmistress design.
Feb 21, 2020 10:45 PM

Oct 2008
Good Episode! Too bad the book is now useless!
that witch village has some nice Witch ladies! hmmmm.... ¬_¬
good call by the Golem, Somali's safety should still be the first priority!
5/5.

Feb 22, 2020 1:21 AM
Mar 2012
very nice sense of peace of mind for Golem
Too bad the bird pair had to leave, but likely there's more chance finding a cure at the library instead of what their aiming for.
Absolutely beautiful village & that witch's library. Wish to stay more in this village it's like LWA there's so much to explore.
Feb 22, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2015
damn these bookfishes. damn them.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 22, 2020 5:33 PM
May 2016
ULTIMATE DAD POWERS ACTIVATE!
Our golem man has a heart after all.

Goodbye to our desert buddies. That was a great arc. Hope everything turns out well for the two of them.

Holy crap the witch village is gorgeous, and the witch girls are the cutest characters in the whole series.
THOSE redhead sisters god damn, I think I'm in love. Wish they'd both show up in Ishuzoku Reviewers, you know what I mean?

P.S: screw you, book-eating Wishiwashi!
Feb 23, 2020 6:07 AM
Jan 2019
No one is gonna mentioned Golem hidden ability?
Feb 23, 2020 2:41 PM

Sep 2015
I liked this episode of Madoka magika
Feb 24, 2020 8:16 AM

Nov 2019
The siblings are hot but

>Witches
>Non human

Is just duuuuuuuuumb
Feb 24, 2020 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
The world building and ideas here are so cool, I love it! ❤
Feb 24, 2020 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
When I see Haitora, all I can see is a merge of Craft Lawrence and Roy Mustang.
Feb 25, 2020 8:48 PM

Sep 2018
Eh??! They won't journey together? They separate with Uzoi 😞

The librarian is very untidy!!! They didn't take care of the books 😞
In the preview, it's a Golem and human too!
Feb 27, 2020 8:07 AM

Apr 2019
I absolutely love the visuals & atmosphere of the Witch Village, especially of the library! Very S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G! (*0*)
Feb 27, 2020 9:13 AM
Aug 2016
._. ...................................................
Mar 3, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2008
Is it just me or are the witches human?

Also this is what happens when you don't clean your room.
Mar 4, 2020 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
Just when they were a bit closer to getting information on humans... oh well, as long as Somali is safe.
Mar 4, 2020 9:15 AM
Jan 2018
Still got a feeling this anime won't actual have an ending
Mar 8, 2020 5:26 PM

May 2009
Mattinator95 said:
Still got a feeling this anime won't actual have an ending

That's obvious - manga is still ongoing.
Mar 14, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
Great eps, I'm going to be mega sad if the golem is unable to transcend his own mortality!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 26, 2020 6:44 AM

Nov 2016
Bruh, they keep reminding you how painful the finale is going to be with these dialogues xD

This episode still had many fun parts, also like the witches and plot is also getting interesting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2020 12:50 PM
Feb 2018
I hope the witches or knowledge they have gather can help golem live a bit longer
Apr 1, 2020 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
I feel that the pacing was a bit fast this time. Also its a shame that Uzoi and Haitora won't journey together with Somali and the Golem.

The library looks truly beautiful.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

67 by Anarcxh »»
Mar 2, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

145 by ShitList »»
Jan 26, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

68 by phantom346 »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

115 by Muow »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:38 AM

Poll: » Somali to Mori no Kamisama Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kuuderes_shadow - Oct 25, 2019

205 by Muow »»
Dec 26, 2023 6:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.