Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 2 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit, the animation style of that multi-headed monster is a bit strange.

Got to see more of Maple and her shield in action. It seems that when she defeats a monster, her shield grows in power. I see this anime is also focusing some more on her character relationship with Sally too. They could be good companions together in that fantasy world.
Jan 15, 2020 6:11 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Maple has grown powerful without even realising it the way she defeated everyone was funny.
Now Sally joins the game and she was really good at avoiding attacks allowing her the defeat a big fish.

The girls working together now seems the be a good combination and i guess they will have no trouble during next event.
Jan 15, 2020 6:35 AM
Dec 2017
Lol, Maple almost won chicken dinner by camping.
Jan 15, 2020 6:46 AM
Feb 2013
Lmao Maple is absolutely ruthless, whether she intends to be or not. The total nonchalance of the stun+poison combo got me.

Not gonna lie, I was surprised by Sally's boss fight having any level of animation, but I think Arifureta just really jaded me when it comes to monster animation.

Overall this series just seems like it'll be a fun character chemistry show.
Jan 15, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
The way Maple defeated everyone during the event was funny.

Now Sally joins the game.

Jan 15, 2020 6:58 AM

Jun 2019
This MC is overpowered. No, i mean overshielded 😂😂😂
Jan 15, 2020 7:19 AM

Jan 2014
This was precious. Gave a number of laughs. Wonder if her entire party later down the line would all be people that specialize in one stat? Like Maple's defense, Sally is Agility/Speed. Are we gonna have likes of a an All out attacker stat at some point?
Jan 15, 2020 7:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Waifu mounts. I mean why the hell not
Jan 15, 2020 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
Another really fun episode! Am loving this so far!
Jan 15, 2020 7:37 AM
Feb 2018
I love the dynamic both girls bring to the show. It really adds to the fast pace feeling that the show brings. Can't wait to see more of these two and the other characters that will be added in their party down the line!
Jan 15, 2020 7:39 AM

Sep 2018
I just love how much fun Maple is having when she plays this game,even tho she doesnt realizes how OP she really is...
Also riding your fast friend because you are so slow - simply genius!
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 15, 2020 7:40 AM

Aug 2012
omg, I had to pause multiple times just to give myself time to laugh, that was epic hahaha. I couldn't stop laughing at how she didn't even realize how savage the way she wiped out everyone trying to run away from her was.

Maple: Deadly Breath!
Maple: Aww, I won't be able to poison anyone if you all run away.
Maple: Paralyze Shout!
Maple: There we go.

hahahahaha, she has truly acquired the [Savage] skill lol
Jan 15, 2020 7:42 AM

Oct 2018
Yes, she is OP as f*ck, and now we have 2 OP players :D

Great episode again, this is such a wholesome anime already
Jan 15, 2020 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
A great episode simply loved the first part poor Maple simply wanted to chill and draw abit yet thoose bastards kept coming and disturb her xDDD
Jan 15, 2020 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Mapple is broken lol, a shield that can eat attacks is op af. Also now Sally joined her with the hardest class to use, what a team they will be.
Jan 15, 2020 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
Maple is beyond broken and I can see Sally ending up being the same way soon if being able to run at high speed with Maple in top wasn't an indicator (I'm not keen on her outfit though, it's the shorts, an armored leotard just works best with a short or mid length skirt if you have to cover up the bottom area), but Sally nearly drowned after defeating that giant fish, that fish looked really cool though.

Jan 15, 2020 8:09 AM
May 2017
Lmao at how they lampshaded the brokenness. It's interesting to see how Maple and Kaede's combo will play out.
Jan 15, 2020 8:10 AM

Mar 2019
Sally is cheating, probably using mods too. she just joined and already clearing dungeons. and maple need to be nerfed.
both reported.
Jan 15, 2020 8:18 AM

Nov 2016
Being so obvlious regarding your own op-and-savageness is actually pretty wicked in a way xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 2020 8:20 AM
Jun 2017
The new Luigi wins without doing anything.
Jan 15, 2020 8:22 AM

Apr 2012
I checked multiple translations, 'but I took a pounding and I liked it'.
Didnt expect that randomly in this anime

Edit: For anyone so obsessive about this not being 'mmo-realistic' go watch Hai to Gensou no Grimgar . You probably haven't, and it deserves more attention.
FluxjeJan 15, 2020 12:21 PM
Jan 15, 2020 8:31 AM

Nov 2017
I recently started playing mmorpg's as well and I even have a htc vive pro. I think that's why I'm enjoying this anime even more. Besides the fantasy and cgdct which I already love anyway. It is quite satsifying to see her being so OP in defence. Has a bit of overlord vibes, but then .. brighter ;]

plz @ me
Jan 15, 2020 8:34 AM

Nov 2018
Speaking about sally,her stats is not a pure agi(agility) type but but she put a little dex(dexterity) type and a small amount of luck type...

When I saw a her pose, that was considered a theft class... And that was a perfect partner for a shield class using a pure vit(vitality) type... I will considered a tanker and a carry team
Jan 15, 2020 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
20 lvl killing even high level players with 1 touch WTF?!
Sally with zero combat skills (she only swam for few days) and only 15 str/ 10 int / 10 vit / 65 agility killed boss without any damage WTF?!
ExcelDogJan 15, 2020 8:51 AM
Jan 15, 2020 8:50 AM
May 2017
Even i became salty for her enemies
Jan 15, 2020 9:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good and funny episode again, Maple and her friend are cute
Jan 15, 2020 10:08 AM
Feb 2019
If she's that fast with only 60 agility I wonder what she will be like with the same amount of agility that Maple has defense.
Jan 15, 2020 10:12 AM
Dec 2019
New players can take out bosses pretty quickly, this game is either unbalanced or it's an anime. Good game would play at least 3000 hours.
Jan 15, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2019
There’s no way Maple would be the first to try out a defense-only build. Hell, it never should’ve even gotten out of alpha with a build this broken. And if you’re going to go with this gimmick, why not go all the way? Let’s have an all STR character. And an all AGI character. Then have them work together in unconventional ways to defeat monsters. Just Maple seems kinda boring, no? But who knows, maybe those aforementioned characters will show up later in the story. I just don’t think if I’ll still be watching the show long enough to find out. Third, games usually have some form of penalty if you attempt to fight anything too high level. You can stack defense all you want, but if a boss is ten or more levels higher than you, they gain some sort of damage bonus that will negate your defense. Fourth, VIT is VIT. RPGs, whether we’re talking tabletop or MMOs, usually have an additional defensive parameter like MND. They might even have more than just two, but simplicity’s sake, let’s just stick with VIT and MND for now. VIT is for physical attacks and MND is for magical attacks. It seems like New World Online won’t even bother with the latter as far as I can tell.

Any self-respecting developer would hotfix this build immediately but everyone instead of getting mad at our protagonist, they prefer to see her ashamed for saying embarrassing nonsense UGUUUU!

Edit: I'm sure they'll tell me to chill out because no one should take this anime seriously OK I know, don't to waste your breath.
RayReynoldsJan 15, 2020 10:29 AM
Jan 15, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2018
I laughed so hard when she paralyzed everyone and poisoned them. Her attacks are so bs I would rage so hard if I was playing against her. Overall the show is pretty good, It's cute and funny. I wonder how long the joke can go on though.
Jan 15, 2020 10:53 AM
Apr 2019
Where she got that paralyze skill... that super op.. lmao..

And what the shield actually do... but they dont give explanation in this eps like how its done in eps 1.... so theres a lot of things i confused about. but okay...

Jan 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Nov 2014
I love how even characters watching her noticed how broken she is. Whole first part of episode, with tournament etc was just perfect. Funny and cute.
Sadly Sally part got a bit weaker. It's still really nice, but I feel she drags Maple down a bit.
Jan 15, 2020 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
This anime is just so ridiculous. Probably its even the moe show of the season. Maple is adorable and her obliviousness for being overpowered is so cute to watch. They had me on the floor when the random character that was watching her kill 100 foes was like: "thats broken isn't it?"

Other than that this show has some amazing background work. Especially the vibrant colors or even the depth of the cave later on is great. The underwater fight suddenly upped the threshhold for animation sequences I expected from this show :)

Nice anime and I'll definitely keep watching this.
Jan 15, 2020 11:08 AM

Nov 2009
This is much better than what I expected. Cute & fun.
These were the highlights for me:
- "You black-armored devil!" - said guy B before being oneshot from Maple gently touching him with her shield.
- "Deadly Breath!" - the most cheerful and gentle AoE massacre attack ever.
- Sally acting as a mount.
- Sally serious mode.
- The usual general chat.
And the ED song fit perfectly this episode's end without the ED vid.
Jan 15, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2015
"So cute, so strong. She's the best." Seems we have a man of culture in the game chat.

But OMFG MAPLE IS SOOO ADORABLE!!!!! Just looking at her makes me grin and say "So cute". But dam she's eating more monsters and people this time XD. One shotting everyone. When she was doing her interview it was too adorable my heart cant take it.

When the guy hit that morningstar off her head was hilarious. God I love this anime so much. Looks like this is easily going to win my favourite anime of this season.

Cant wait to see the white angel version of Maple which looks, well for a lack of better word, angelic lol. Maple has already won best girl of the season for me easily. She's on my top 10 list already. Cant stop gushing over her adorableness.

Hitoribotchan said:
This MC is overpowered. No, i mean overshielded 😂😂😂

Well said XD. The Rising of the Overshielder.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 15, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
This show is so much fun, definitely my favorite so far.

Maple is so fun and cute. And it's nice to have Sally finally joining the game, her chemistry with Maple is great. I love these two.

The fight was awesome.
Jan 15, 2020 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
ok like nice story overal... the character is too overpowered though
Jan 15, 2020 11:56 AM
Apr 2019
Oh shit i just read the manga version...

The chatting board there is so much better.... and i think the paralyze skill is from the skill hydra too.. she infused it to her weapon skill slot..
Jan 15, 2020 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
Aside from the underwater CGI part, enjoyed the overall episode. Maple is clearly broken. Taking 0 damage from over 1000 players and she even has a regen skill from episode 1 in case she ever takes more than 1 damage.
Jan 15, 2020 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Her dedication to eating every monster in the game should give her a Great Devourer title or something. It's an unusual approach. She did get a Devour skill so there is that.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 15, 2020 12:58 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The new gear sure is allowing Maple to handle much more foes. Still if anything being able to gain new skills by consuming the enemy sure is a new one for the books. Maple sure has taken quite well to the game though. But the devour skill combined with Maple's natural innocent nature sure is doing well in making the enemy underestimate her. Her other skills also complement her style pretty well too. Its nice that Maple finally has some friends to play the game with. The time that Risa and Maple spent in that cave though sure allowed both to learn a lot about not just the game but their characters as well. The gear that she got though sure was worth it. Overall a solid ep that while showing well in how solid of a tank Maple's defence skills have made her also did well to introduce the character of Risa as well. Risa's a nice contrast to Maple here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2020 1:04 PM

Jun 2017
Maple's massacre was gold. Sally seems even more OP already...
Jan 15, 2020 1:06 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
She defeated a dragon by just biting it, so how with ordinary gamer ?

Well, 1 thousand.....hmm....not...maybe 1 million won't enough to stop her. After all, she just get an ability to eat any attack. This broken character can't be more stronger, right? Or maybe, she can?

I thought this show only went into CGDCT ( Cute Girls Do Cute Things) but it's not. This show literally become "Cute Girls Destroy the Entire World" with their OP abilities. Sally will join Maple in attempt to destroy the game. And Maple didn't noticed what she already done. LOL

And then they said, this is just the first floor. The second floor about to be opened. My fear just become true. Somehow Maple reminds me of Nadeko from Monogatari Series. Very dangerous person but also an airhead.

Beside from those, if this show use more CG, it would be a bad thing. Looking at furry announcer movements on battle royale event, any CG is not good for this show. But so far, it's OK. That one is already enough.
Nekko_Khayal88Jan 15, 2020 1:10 PM
Jan 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2017
That ruthless yet clever Paralyze Shout + Deadly Breath though, loved it

The fight against that big fish monster was quite impressive, the animation and the CG even looked good
Jan 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Maple did good on the combination of paralyze + poison so that her enemies can't run away.

Also, her three headed poison dragon breathing down poison on players, brutal. :P
Jan 15, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
Maple is literally a GM character lol, if this wasnt comedy I'd be questioning the shit out of this.
Sally is adorable af! her and Maple make a great duo protagonist! kinda surprised she had this much focus in the later half and even got herself a set too.
Man I miss playing MMO but alas I lack the time. Crazy animation with some CGI on that Sally fight tho, did not expect that kind of quality.
5/5! this show is really turning out to be one of the more entertaining one among the shows this season.
Jan 15, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
A Battle Royale huh? Gotta love how she became the target of so many players at once! To then use the Hydra she ate last episode and eliminate everyone around her. She's scary alright! Perfectly combined her skills, absolutely ruthless!

She's a girl of culture, Nazca Lines! I approve!

Risa (Sally) finally joins the game! They form a great team already! Piggy riding on Sally's back cause Maple's movement is too slow, that's great!

I really liked that fish battle, it looked pretty good including the CGI that's been used. Shows that she's very experienced with games and her swimming skills come in handy ofcourse! Awesome battle!
Jan 15, 2020 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
This is epic. So cute and just simply pleasant to watch. Thank you Silverlink for this series.
Btw, I love their facial expressions. Animation and art are definitely top notch.
Even CG monster looked okay (and me saying something like this... That's rare).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 15, 2020 2:30 PM
Jan 2016
Funny episode!

Maple become really strong, it was fun how see managed to defeat everyone without losing any hp, and reaction from everyone was funny!

Sally joined the party, and changed an unexpectred character, and seems she is focusing in Dex, her fight against big fish was awesome, she is skilled, seems she got a cool outfit aswell!

Coments from forum, is always so interesting!

Looking forward to see Maple and Sally in next event as a duo!
Jan 15, 2020 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
Author clearly never played any MMO.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

95 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 1, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.