Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 9 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the swimsuits scene came out of nowhere.

Anyways, I think it's cool that Maple managed to acquire a new title in her name. Seems that there's another event coming and competition is fierce among the guilds. Maple's own guild has some competition too.

Mar 4, 2020 6:12 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the personality gap of the red haired guild leader was funny to watch, tho it was mean of Sally to steal the orb like that.
Sally's tactics are sly in general the moment she set up those two guilds to fight each other was interesting as well.
She certainly isn't someone you want as your enemy.

Tho it seems the other guild is making their move as well checking out her skills and all.
Mar 4, 2020 6:29 AM
Dec 2017
Not realistic - no drama in the guild. By this point someone had to cry about not getting good loot. Jokes aside, seeing our gang just having fun in the game is very satisfying.
Mar 4, 2020 6:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice start at the beach haha and another event with the orbs, it's cool
Mar 4, 2020 6:52 AM
Sep 2015
Maple guild is strong but I'd join Holy Sword because more male players are there.
Mar 4, 2020 6:54 AM
Apr 2019
More cool action with a lighthearted feel, a funny intro beach scene, some mind games between frederica and sally, and some capture the flag combat. Hope to see the 3 main guilds have combat with each other so that some cool skill combinations can be shown and to see the extent of how broken Maple is.
Mar 4, 2020 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
NWO guild wars so intense!!!! this feels like War of Emperium in Ragnarok Online.

Sally has a 1 vs. 1 fight against Fredericka, and then Dread. So much going on I feel so excited watching this.

damn... can't wait for next week! :)
Mar 4, 2020 7:22 AM

Jun 2012
It's really refreshing to see some fair battles. Ignore the last part

And that flame empress, what was that cute reaction. XD
Mar 4, 2020 7:43 AM

Jan 2014
I swear Maple could make anything look cute. No matter the skill.
Mar 4, 2020 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Beach episode part was nice, Sally vs Frederica match was great and the orb raids were really great. Poor enemies that tried to attack Maple Tree. XD
Mar 4, 2020 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
Wth I didn't expect that kind of reaction from Mii. So she's a cute crybaby lolz.
Mar 4, 2020 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
You don't want to mess with Sally. She played the guilds against each other.

The Flame Empress reaction at the end was cute. I didn't expect that.

Mar 4, 2020 8:45 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh yes... clan wars have started... and the difference between large clan and small clan can be seen here but well Mapple's clan is performing well at the beginning of said event
Mar 4, 2020 9:26 AM
Feb 2020
That poor guy who saw maple, realized he was done for, then got hit by TWO max attack two handed hammers that probably have great stats. Gonna be feeling that one after he respawns.
Mar 4, 2020 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
I had a feeling there has to be more to Mii's character, and I'm not disappointed. She was so cute :D
Mar 4, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2008
Oh man, if only I could describe just how much I don't care about Sally's solo plays...

Definitely love how all characters get perfectly timed loots, very nice
Mar 4, 2020 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
nice how the event jusy started
Mar 4, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2015
Sally is having a field day with this event XD.

Maple banging herself on the head while trying to do the "tee hee" pose was SOOO ADORABLE!!!!!! How can they keep making this adorable girl even more adorable!!?!?!?!

I liked the reveal of the true nature for that fire girl. Really cute.

Maple still looks amazing even when she has a cloak on hiding her armour. Seeing the angel Maple again was such a treat. Love the blond hair and halo. Maple really is our angelic angel.

This girl is our holy goddess and I will worship her forever! <3 <3 <3
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2020 11:17 AM

Mar 2019
*Maple enters Boss Lair*
The Boss: "Why Do I hear Boss music ?"
Mar 4, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 2017
Fire girl personality reveal was really cute
New best girl
Mar 4, 2020 11:31 AM

Feb 2019
It's genuinely mindblowing to me how popular this series has got overnight. It's now the top selling LN on Amazon JP lol. Threads here and on reddit are consistently popping, etc. I know reddit and MAL aren't necessarily indicative of the entire anime community in the west, but still pretty cool.

Pretty cool episode. Really showcased Sally's genius, she's definitely the brains of the group and is out here living in 3020 while we in 2020

When the series got announced I never would have imagined it being this big. I hope one day our VRMMORPG capabilities get to the point where we can make this a reality.
Mar 4, 2020 11:37 AM
Dec 2015
This was a good start, but not too much action in this episode. I guess it's a good thing Maple didn't show off her full armaments to her mech suit, and I'm not sure if anyone in the guild noticed that she held back showing the full thing. All she employed was the left arm instead of the full armors shown in the previous episode. Watch that at some point becomes a real shock to everyone when she employs the full thing for the first time.

It was nice to see Angle Maple in action for the first time, and since most probably already got information on that, I suppose it was alright to use it early. We'll we will see how things go, but my guess is we will see Maple vs Payne at some point, but I could be wrong about that. Hopefully not as I'd like to see Maple wreck the poor guy.
Mar 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Jun 2017
Lmao so flame girl is just really good at being a chuuni. I hope Maple shows off her mecha form more :D.
Mar 4, 2020 12:09 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An angel, demon and now a mecha Maple sure is amassing quite the collection of transformations. After the recent battles its nice to see the girls get a chance to relax and prepare. The armour that Iz found sure proved perfect for her. The dual between Sally and Frederica though sure was fun. As expected of a veteran Frederica sure had an impressive collection of spells. While technically a draw both sides managed to gain a great deal of knowledge on one another. The attack group of Sally, Kasumi and Koromu though sure proved to be quite deadly despite their small numbers. Sally though sure had quite the streak thanks to both her cunning and skilful tactics. Despite her stoic nature Mii sure had a surprisingly vulnerable side to her. The 8's first foray as a guild though sure proved impressive. Overall an excellent ep that featured a good mix of action, plot advancement and character expansion. With the order of the holy sword and the flame emperors guild all participating im quite curious to see how Maple tree will match up against them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2020 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
Sally in that swimsuit is
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Mar 4, 2020 1:55 PM
Feb 2019
Well, I dont think Maples guild will do great offensively but defensively they should be secure.
Mar 4, 2020 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
Marinate1016 said:
It's genuinely mindblowing to me how popular this series has got overnight. It's now the top selling LN on Amazon JP lol. Threads here and on reddit are consistently popping, etc. I know reddit and MAL aren't necessarily indicative of the entire anime community in the west, but still pretty cool.

do you have a link of that? so I can show to friends on another forum. :)

I also saw a comment on youtube that it reached #36 on trending. Well, I don't know how trending works.. so not sure if that's an achievement or not.

When I watch the anime there's just the feeling I always want more. I'm also preparing funds on the time they would sell figures. I can't afford to buy figures of everyone, but would at least get one of Maple and Sally if good ones are made.
Liddo-kunMar 4, 2020 2:35 PM
Mar 4, 2020 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
Swimsuits, nice! Sally looked the best wearing hers.. If only Kasumi was there as well.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The guild event has finally begun and Sally wastes no time collecting orbs.. She's definitely enjoying herself.. Even running into two big shots from other guilds. Not gonna lie though, that Flame Empress really gave me the wrong image about her at first. Definitely a bit hot headed with her ability use but her crying afterwards was pretty surprising.

Maple makes great use of her "Angel skill", those poor guys XD Especially the one that got clobbered by two hammers! Ouch!

Liddo-kun said:
When I watch the anime there's just the feeling I always want more. I'm also preparing funds on the time they would sell figures. I can't afford to buy figures of everyone, but would at least get one of Maple and Sally if good ones are made. :)

Couldn't agree more to this, Sally would probably be the one I would get!

Marinate1016 said:

Pretty cool episode. Really showcased Sally's genius, she's definitely the brains of the group and is out here living in 3020 while we in 2020

When the series got announced I never would have imagined it being this big. I hope one day our VRMMORPG capabilities get to the point where we can make this a reality.

It's realy great to see it do really well and I think it deserves it.

Ever since SAO, I really want that VRMMORPG becomes a reality one day and with Anime like Bofuri, it just makes me want it more!
CeddyyBearrMar 4, 2020 2:20 PM
Mar 4, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2017
Event No. 4 comes quite fast, this time a guild competition.

The momentary swimsuit fanservice didn't last long (thank god), but it was nice.

But having Maple only for defense isn't just not helping, it's trying to hide her presence from anyone even at Sally and Co.'s expense. With that, the guild competition takes its start, and Maple Tree draws first blood as easily as usual without her, with the usual high-powered guilds displaying the minimum of their power in magnificence.

It's tough for Sally to keep drawing first blood against these guilds as nothing more than taunts, but when all 8 of them are together (plus Angel Maple), they're practically undefeatable.

This is definitely taking a fun and parodying jab at the usual in-game big action, and definitely loving it!
Mar 4, 2020 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
ShinyOppai said:
*Maple enters Boss Lair*

So true! lol
Maple's meal is ready

This episode was enjoyabley well packed with so many things! Showcasing abilities, single & multy battle combats between more significant opponents, strategies, grinding levels and acquiring equipment as well as silly & fun swimming antics.

I do feel going full angel mode on the unfortunate souls who barged into their area was overkill XD Am forgetting how the cool-down works on that.
Mar 4, 2020 3:11 PM

Nov 2017
ShinyOppai said:
*Maple enters Boss Lair*

Damn,I laughed so hard when I read that :)
Mar 4, 2020 3:15 PM

Nov 2017
CeddyyBearr said:

Liddo-kun said:
When I watch the anime there's just the feeling I always want more. I'm also preparing funds on the time they would sell figures. I can't afford to buy figures of everyone, but would at least get one of Maple and Sally if good ones are made. :)

Couldn't agree more to this, Sally would probably be the one I would get!

If they did one of Maple in that mecha,I'd have that,but no,they'll probably do one of Maple as the giant ruddy alien knowing my luck :)
Mar 4, 2020 3:33 PM

Jun 2015
I could watch this for hours at a time and not get bored!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 4, 2020 3:50 PM
Dec 2009
i watch this anime everyweek, waiting for this maple to suffer alittle bit to cure her idiotic. I guess, she will ascend to god level next episode. i will be very surprised
Mar 4, 2020 4:08 PM

Mar 2010
All the other guilds seem to have only muscle head, which is not good. You need a couple geniuses, which brings me to that puzzle girl. I feel like she is pulling some strings while acting laid back.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Jan 2020
"At least I scored one hit"
*hit Maple again*
PTSD intensified
Mar 4, 2020 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
there's gotta be a reason there's like 10 decently skilled players besides maples group right? everyone else is just weak ass fodder

also no cons to carrying orbs is like playing warsong gulch as a druid but you can go stealth made it a cake walk for Sally.

just realized that sexy priest is voiced by Song's VA in granblue this makes me very happy
Mar 4, 2020 5:29 PM

Aug 2018
So it's a PvP event : I always went for PvE stuff in World of Warcraft, fighting other players has never really been my pleasure (says the me with more than 5k games played on Dota 2...)

Next week's episode should feature a real guild vs guild fight, Maple Tree versus one of the 2 strong ones. I can't wait to see Maple destroying her enemies with her secret weapons !
Mar 4, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, we’re finally seeing the top two guilds in action and they’re really the saving graces for this anime for me. Especially that personality change from Mii, it was really cute. Can’t wait to see more from them, especially Payne since he’s been our mysterious wont-reveal-my-face character this entire time.
Mar 4, 2020 7:07 PM

Sep 2016
Awww she only has shown an arm of the mecha.

Hope she'll get to use it in combat in front of the others :3
bruh
Mar 4, 2020 7:17 PM

Nov 2019
Another dope 5/5 episode
Sally is such a badass her and Maple are such an amazing duo they make this show so fun :)
Mar 4, 2020 8:24 PM

Apr 2017
it was amazing to know sally fought kinda on par with payne now I know his guild doesnt have to much against maples guild :)

Hope maple will blow away everyone in paynes guild including him with full mecha and that monster combination :D
Mar 4, 2020 9:20 PM
Jan 2017
So, we've got a character that tries to prepare before a fight begins and another who puts on a stoic personality because she wants to be a good leader to her teammates. Why can't the show be about them!? Seriously, I'm rooting for anyone other than Maple and her guild at this point. Maple is not better than the other players, she's just luckier than them. Luck is the only thing going for her and it's nigh-impossible for me to root for a character that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. I'd say that I'd hate-watch this show, so that's what I'm doing. Bofuri has officially exhausted my patience and I will enjoy criticizing it.
Mar 4, 2020 9:58 PM
Apr 2008
I wonder if maple can activate all of her transformations at once and what it would look like.
Mar 4, 2020 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
HeroVladimir93 said:
it's nigh-impossible for me to root for a character that gets everything handed to her on a silver platter. I'd say that I'd hate-watch this show, so that's what I'm doing. Bofuri has officially exhausted my patience and I will enjoy criticizing it.
Kinda where am i at the middle of the week is so dead so this is the only airing show i have to watch lol

the moment you start critically thinking about bofuri as a MMO is where you run into a endless list of thinks to point out i feel like most fans have already tuned part out and just enjoy it for what it is which is fine
Mar 4, 2020 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
VIRTUAL UMI DA! Though it was too short and we couldn't even see Kasumi in a swimsuit. Next time include her and Iz too, please. Oh, and Misery... God damn, she's hot af.

The lolis splash turning into a huge wave was hilarious.

Mii is fucking adoable! I love the gap moe.

Sally was amazing this episode.
Mar 4, 2020 11:40 PM

Oct 2018
sally should have been the leader, I think she was with holy sword...
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 5, 2020 2:20 AM
Nov 2019
With the way the scoring favours small guilds (assuming they'll lack manpower) maple tree could win the war on points without taking out any of the big guilds.

Just by snatching a few orbs and defending to the max they would win.

It's a 5 day war and theres 3 episodes to go - itll be interesting to see how it pans out.

The dev's could also take this opportunity to nerf Maple again if she gets to out of hand.
Mar 5, 2020 3:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit Mii! Dont act too brave. You must be join Maple guild for having some fun instead!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2020 4:30 AM

Jul 2014
Maple is too fucking adorable, that teehee while slamming her head with that machine arm was too damn cute, I did not expect flame empress girl to have that gap moe hit. I gotta say... not a fan of Sally at all when she isnt with Maple, its like she's in her own genre side story while Maple's the main one. She isnt really that fun when she doesnt have Maple with her. She takes me out of the story with her hardcore play style unlike Maple's adorable op thing.
That aside this anime has the most randomest animation flex, you can tell it had a healthy production.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2020

168 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 18, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

123 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 17, 7:19 PM

» Unacceptable Developer Response to Maple (spoilers through Ep. 3) - I'm cancelling my MMO subscription

Oiisu - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 16, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

282 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 16, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

139 by yourboy_asta »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.