Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 6, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It looks like a fine show and apparently meant to be taken seriously with the amount of drama in this. Plus, there's the supernatural elements in their world.

First episode introduced the important characters but I have no doubt they'll need more time to focus on developing them. There's also seems to be crimes taking place in this city that needs really needs help from the characters. Whatever the case, I think the show has a lot of potential.
Stark700Oct 6, 2019 7:16 AM
Oct 6, 2019 6:34 AM

Apr 2016
So a world where the humans and all the fantasy species live together, and there is a special police unit made from them ? Where did i heard that already. So i see this is an original anime hmm .. the first episode was kinda interesting (just kinda) so i may give it more eps to see whats going on. But the mc-kun seems like a pain in the ass and the first episode was alredy like by a template made so.

Also i can already see this show to attract the wrong kind of people ...
Oct 6, 2019 6:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Remind me so much of Psycho Pass and Cop Craft
Oct 6, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2019
It's like Cop Craft and Double Decker (both anime came out within the last year) had a baby and the baby's grandfather was Lupin The 3rd. Good start and stylized animation, but I need to see more to get a better impression of it.
Oct 6, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Despite the absurdly long name and a new renamed studio (ANIMA&CO.) coming from the same parent company as NAZ in primarily 3DCG animation, police/detective crime-fighting shows are now a thing. The CGI isn't bad though.

Kekkai Sensen, Bungou Stray Dogs, Cop Craft, Psycho-Pass, lay all you want about the similarities of shows like these, I'd think that this show, given its serious tone and story drama, does give it a bit of an edge, but how much of it? I really don't know as of yet.

This show starts off the same way as Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin with the newbie Seiji being introduced to the surroundings and the line of work. Plus the Tokunana group of the (supposedly 6, now 7) specialized people in wits and skills against the villain group that is Nine.

Definitely some character development must be in store. This show really has some potential in the trend of recent police drama shows. Is this new trending wave going to follow the Isekai trend? That's something I don't really wish to know, but going forward it'll be.

Good and intriguing premiere episode, and I'm definitely wanting to see more.
KANLen09Oct 6, 2019 6:52 AM
Oct 6, 2019 7:00 AM

Feb 2019
It's a combination of supernatural plus reality. Interactions bet'n seiji and ichinose were fun to watch. That boss of special 7 seems like he will be an interesting character.
Oct 6, 2019 7:02 AM

Jan 2018
Pretty good episode, I don't know why but every first episode of a cop show I seem to like a lot but the rest not so much. This reminds me a lot of that other cop show that came out in fall 2018, this is pretty much a clone of it... just better. I'll give it another episode.
Oct 6, 2019 7:04 AM

Oct 2014
Cop Craft again? But with better art and worse writing...

This is very dialogue heavy and not much important gets said. Lots of saying exactly what we're seeing and info dumping. I have no clue why the setting needed to incorporate fantasy beings into the world, if there is a reason they have not made it clear yet. The banker straight up had friendly text messages with the robbers on his phone... with a picture of the stolen diamond and all.

I like the color contrasting, but the background art really didn't need the sketch lines over everything. Wouldn't be surprised if this is popular with all the plot twists, action, and eye-catching visuals.
Oct 6, 2019 7:11 AM
Sep 2016
I quite enjoyed it for what it was. The characters seem nice and the action (though that CGI car looked like shit) was pretty good all around. Though the easy highlight for me was the character designs and overall aesthetic of the show which looks fantastic and I where this could be headed.
It really do be like that though.

Oct 6, 2019 7:12 AM

Nov 2016
Not exactly how I expected it to be. Was expecting less goofiness, yet it's not a bad thing at all.

Seiji seems like a pushover, but that punch was pretty cool. I dunno where this will go, just gonna keep watching and hope for a surprise.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2019 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
This was just awful i don't what else to say honestly, it was impressively boring, the attempt at 'humour' made me wish i was dead and my god the art was ugly

Straight drop 1/10

Also the first minute totally fate/stay night
Oct 6, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2018
Not bad. A group of outcasts fighting against the evil forces.
Oct 6, 2019 7:42 AM
Nov 2016
Kid gets saved by person passionate about upholding justice then grows up wanting to be just like that same person? Seems almost childish about their ideals after they get older. Do you guys think Shi- I mean Seiji seems familiar?
Oct 6, 2019 7:46 AM

Dec 2014
well a police story hmmmm... an average first episode
Oct 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Oct 2017
Well this was pretty interesting but not what I was expecting. Thought it would be more serious but o well lets just see where this goes.
MegamiRemOct 6, 2019 8:15 AM
Oct 6, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2016
KANLen09 said:
Despite the absurdly long name and a new renamed studio (ANIMA&CO.) coming from the same parent company as NAZ in primarily 3DCG animation, police/detective crime-fighting shows are now a thing. The CGI isn't bad though.

Kekkai Sensen, Bungou Stray Dogs, Cop Craft, Psycho-Pass, lay all you want about the similarities of shows like these, I'd think that this show, given its serious tone and story drama, does give it a bit of an edge, but how much of it? I really don't know as of yet.

This show starts off the same way as Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin with the newbie Seiji being introduced to the surroundings and the line of work. Plus the Tokunana group of the (supposedly 6, now 7) specialized people in wits and skills against the villain group that is Nine.

Definitely some character development must be in store. This show really has some potential in the trend of recent police drama shows. Is this new trending wave going to follow the Isekai trend? That's something I don't really wish to know, but going forward it'll be.

Good and intriguing premiere episode, and I'm definitely wanting to see more.

yeah that's my thoughts too also most of the staff are from Angolmois (Previous Action NAZ Anime) with two directors this time and that might be the second original anime NAZ is doing after Hamatora
Oct 6, 2019 8:31 AM
Feb 2018
It's like Bem x Cop Craft.
Oct 6, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2016
Something like kekkai sensen will always be welcomed.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 6, 2019 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
This looks like a lot of other buddy cop shows I've seen, not too over the top but not somber or grounded either.

I like Kenjiro Tsuda, but damn, hearing him everywhere it's already becoming nauseating, I seriously don't think his voice fits a detective that looks like he's in his mid 20s, if Ichinose was around his mid or late 30s I'd feel that it would fit. On the other hand our Dorito guy Shimono Hiro (Zenitsu) does fit in well as the typical eager rookie, although I do hope that they explain later on how was he able to break the zip-tie holding his hands along with the pointblank gunshot that threw him off the armored car.

I'll say that I'm far more interested in the sidecast than the main cop buddies, the Vampire blademaster, the loli explosive expert and the oldman specialized in firearms look a lot more interesting (although most likely will be overshadowed by the 2 mains, hope I'm wrong).

The setting with a weird modern city filled with vampires & elves looks fetching, although it sounds like it's there just for fanservice. Hope the show proves me wrong in the long run.

As someone who's big aficionado on western tv cop/detective shows, I found Ichinose's "fishing" when confronting the bank manager and cashier quite weak and cheesy in order to just find the real culprit. I hope the show doesn't focus too much on this kind of interrogation, since I don't remember a single anime cop shop that does this kind of deduction the right way that western tv does.

I'll stick with this show for now.

KimurahOct 6, 2019 8:52 AM
Oct 6, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Not too bad but I still need to see more, obviously, before I can really gain a decent impression from this show.

I hope the side characters get a decent amount of screen time, in particular I like the vampire swordswoman, but it wouldn't really surprise me if they get sidelined in favor of heavy focus on the two main leads.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 6, 2019 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
Reminds me Cop Craft for the atmosphere (funny that Ichinose's voice actress is the same than Cop Craft's protagonist), with a bit of Mayonara no Occult Komouin for the supernatural aspect.

I'll keep looking at it, hoping for a good plot !
Oct 6, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2015
It frustrates me that people are comparing this to Cop Craft when this is much more comparable to Kekkai Sensen or Bungou Stray Dogs.
Oct 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2011
Akane is a Vampire Samurai...thats all I need to know <3

It was an okay first episode. It has a lot of potential. The characters seem really cool. Interested to see where the story goes.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 6, 2019 9:13 AM
Aug 2019
i liked it. the only problems with this episode I have are:

contrasting mc: I can see this series gonna have a serious plot, and im afraid the clumsy but goldhearted and lucky mc could ruin the climatic moments
we didn´t see nothing about the different races: they only showed us that the world is inhabited by other races, but in this episode, that had no relevance for saying this series gonna mix fantasy and police plot

despite of that, the characters aren´t nasty at all, and the misteries have a good balance between suspense and wit. ill keep watching it
7.0/10
Foti66Oct 6, 2019 9:22 AM
Oct 6, 2019 9:36 AM

Apr 2019
That was a surprisingly not bad first episode. I remember the trailer really turning me off when I watched it. It reminds me so much of Kekkai Sensen and Bungou Stray Dogs.
Oct 6, 2019 10:13 AM

Feb 2018
Lot of cliche, kinda funny pretentious dialogues and bad CGI cars.
However, I like art style of this anime and some characters, especially Shiori and Bellmer.
Hope that next episodes will be better
Oct 6, 2019 10:33 AM

Sep 2017
Too generic. Mediocre production. Dropped.
Oct 6, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
I'm just gonna put that there:

Oct 6, 2019 11:29 AM

Jan 2016
First episode is mediocre for me, still too early to tell if this is a hit or miss though.
Oct 6, 2019 11:55 AM
Aug 2018
Not awful, but I'm not really feeling it. Writing is kinda dumb and suspension of disbelief requirement is high. Tired of character design that tries to make guys seem cool by having their bangs cover 1 eye. Also tired of Kenjiro Tsuda.

Not my thing but it seems good enough to entertain people looking for a simple cop show.
Oct 6, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2019
Ashhk said:
Remind me so much of Psycho Pass and Cop Craft

You've got that right..........................................................
Oct 6, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2017
Seems kinda interesting ngl, OP reminded me of Psycho Pass' one iirc.

If Cop Craft told me anything, gotta wait till at least ep 3 to make a judgment on how the quality of the show is going to be.
Oct 6, 2019 12:49 PM
Apr 2015
Pretty much boring
Oct 6, 2019 1:13 PM

Feb 2016
what's up with these long ass names on this season? lmao

Gotta say, I liked the first episode, it doesn't look THAT good, but it seems watchable, hopefully it turns out better.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 6, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2019
whats up with this episode only being 19 minutes long?
Oct 6, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2010
They have beast people. How did they not hear them having a whole conversation. I guess they are just humans with animal appearance??

Honestly couldnt tell difference between the MC and the detective that saved him in the beginning.loll

The mercenaries are also dumb to bring a cop with them..
Oct 6, 2019 2:49 PM

Dec 2015
Doesn't seem to interesting. Seems better than stuff like Kekkai Sensen. But less good than Cop Craft or Tonkotsu Ramens.

I don't know yet. Giving it a few more episodes - and I hope this will be 1 cour only since I guess it might be more of an episodic show (with a bit background plot hinted at and a few connected episodes later near the end).

I don't like that char design - especially the one of the younger police guy. Seems like your usual police show design and setup. And the fantasy stuff ... a bit too much/unnecessary.
Oct 6, 2019 4:15 PM

Mar 2019
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
It's like Bem x Cop Craft.

Funny how I made the point of watching those one after the other, each week. Well now I have the replacement for CC for some bit of time

Swagernator said:
So a world where the humans and all the fantasy species live together, and there is a special police unit made from them ? Where did i heard that already. So i see this is an original anime hmm .. the first episode was kinda interesting (just kinda) so i may give it more eps to see whats going on. But the mc-kun seems like a pain in the ass and the first episode was alredy like by a template made so.

Also i can already see this show to attract the wrong kind of people ...

What do you mean?
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2018
whelp, that was boring I sped through most of it and didn't really see anything of interest other than the tech-loli

dropped
Oct 6, 2019 11:03 PM

Aug 2008
yet can't say much, must wait my 3 episode rule before yay or nai, but lol seems a bit generic, and i do not like the MC to goody for me tastey )))
The spider is watching
Oct 6, 2019 11:03 PM

Mar 2016
The cover art was beautiful, but I wasn't expecting the actual anime's art being this good.

The characters are likeable so far.

I thought this would be more like Psycho Pass, but it's more similar to Double Decker. Although, the art makes it look like this will get dark quite soon.

I had only decided to watch this because I'd liked the cover art and I had also thought the guy in its centre looked kind of nice, so I was worried I wouldn't like this anime. So far, I enjoyed it!
Oct 7, 2019 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
It's kind of the typical anime lol but that's not a bad thing for me. It was easily digestible and fun.

I'm pretty sure the OG detective that the MC met is now the villain of the series, as usual how the tropes play out. He was voiced by Matsuoka Yoshitsugu I recall.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure that was him in the last scene after ending credits!

Much better than Cop Craft thank god LMAO

If you guys want something more serious, check out Babylon from this season!
Oct 7, 2019 2:33 AM
Aug 2018
Despite being devoid of logic, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Jan 2015
People keep comparing this to Cop Craft and I find that pretty insulting since the art/animation wasn't as terrible as that show was. Show's pretty alright so far and is keeping me entertained enough.

Also side note, that sniper man is hot af and I can't wait for all the bara fanarts. ;)
Oct 7, 2019 3:08 AM
Jan 2019
so how did he survive from that bullet? is he wearing a vest? why it seems he got shot and died?
Oct 7, 2019 3:50 AM

May 2009
Haven't watched much anime like this. It felt very much like Kekkai Sensen, but with less interesting (individual) characters and worldbuilding.
I really don't like the logic in this anime. An example being the MC talking to the police through his earplug within a tiny space where no one else noticed.

However it has only been one rushed 'gotta get this mc into the group' type of episode so I will give it 2 more episodes to develop into something more interesting
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 7, 2019 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
Emiya Shirou but a cop
Oct 7, 2019 7:09 AM

May 2012
Good episode

Deserve at least 7 score
Oct 7, 2019 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
That was a good episode and the OP is awesome
Oct 7, 2019 10:02 AM
Sep 2015
It doesn't care to be original as it's confident a dozen of hot men will compensate for it. Originality is not sellable, hot men is.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

19 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Jul 24, 2022 8:00 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2019

13 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 5:26 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2019

11 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 4:57 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2019

17 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 2:36 PM

Poll: » Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2019

23 by Hancock23 »»
Jul 22, 2021 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.