Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This anime really seems to like telling tragic or sad background stories. Hell, we even get more on a female monster who still retains parts of her humanity.

Feels like Hank is getting less and less screen time with these latest episodes. I guess Schaal made a new friend this episode. That's a sweet song.
Aug 19, 2019 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
This was a sad episode. I feel bad for her.

About time we get to see Hank.

Aug 19, 2019 8:39 AM
Sep 2015
No comment on this episode, but the next episode two werewolves will fight each other so it'll be quite a furry moment ;) I'm wondering if all their body parts are transformed into wolflike body, especially at that part.
Aug 19, 2019 9:05 AM

Dec 2017
Damn that was a sad episode. And finally we got an incarnate who was sane, too bad we got her for only 1 episode.
Aug 19, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 2019
slavemaster_1991 said:
Damn that was a sad episode. And finally we got an incarnate who was sane, too bad we got her for only 1 episode.

This episode covers manga chapters 13-14, Vol 3; there's quite some departure from the source.

Manga/anime differences:

Next episode should finish off Vol 3 content and move into Vol 4.
Aug 19, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2015
It's a shame that even the incarnates that still have their sanity gets slain like this, this was pretty sad.

Next week we seem to have Hank vs another werewolf, looks interesting!
Aug 19, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2018
The first female Incarnate they had to deal with (by "deal", I mean "they had to kill"). Another very different profile, with someone who did not go crazy or something, it is very accurate to say she still kept her humanity until here last moment.

I'm wondering what would have Hank done with her.
Aug 19, 2019 10:30 AM
Dec 2017
Yeah, this show is somewhat mediocre, but i think it doesn't deserve this low score.
This episode is a good example - it shows that monsters are on both sides, but it could've been better.
Aug 19, 2019 11:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything gathering supplies and getting the lay of the land is Schaal's specialty. Even with the country so determined to hunt them down its nice that there's still kind people thats willing to help them. Still it must have been quite depressing and heartbreaking to return as heros yet be seen by the masses as monsters. Still after all this time its nice seeing Beatrice get along so well with Schaal. Its unfortunate that for every good human there's always hundreds of rotten ones who only care about greed. Beatrice's song through her seiyuu Hayamin was just so beautiful especially when combined with her own wishes. Overall a strong ep that did well in showing not just how different the incarnates can be in temperament but also showing how much of an impact the war had on their lives pre war and post war. I think Schaal after this tragic event is starting to realise the path that she needs to take in life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2019
That was just such a sad episode...

Characters like Claude Withers usually end up becoming what they so despised. Maybe his elder brother Cain captures and transforms him, so that he sees the errors of his path?
Aug 19, 2019 12:13 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Kinda glad that Trice & Charles didn't have a romantic relationship. That would have been too cliche. Interesting to learn more about Charles and his complicated family situation. I have a feeling his relationship with Schaal will be very central to the narrative of the show. Series defintely is getting better after the first half.
Aug 19, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
Some parts of this episode were anime-original, but since that part of the manga was kinda short, it was okay, it even managed to make Trice more sympathetic (in the manga, she decides to make the citizens sleep for eternity due her loneliness, here at least she had a stronger reason for doing that, as the only person who still cared about her was killed).

What I'm wondering is why they removed the priest that inspired her to become a singer, however. They did the same with Topher's backstory, and I find that a bit strange, since the manga implies a bit that those people were the same priest. Maybe I'm thinking about it much.

Next episode (and hopefully the one after that) will cover my favorite part of the manga. I just wish they make it justice.
Aug 19, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2018
It's sad seeing an Incarnate who still retained their humanity slain like that. It's honestly quite unfair. She only became hostile when Charles was killed, this was also for reasons of her being an Incarnate. I love that there are people like Schaal who can offer kindness and security in times like this for Incarnates. I'm glad Trice got to sing her beautiful song before her end.

Idk if anyone else is picking up on this, but the dynamic between Claude and Schaal I feel will be very interesting. They differ so much in opinion. I feel like Schaal will eventually allow Claude to see that not all Incarnates need to be slain and that some just need to be shown compassion and humanity. Is anyone else picking up some shipping vibes from them as well? The preview for the next episode confirmed my thoughts, but I'm wondering if anyone else gets what I'm seeing too? They seem close in age and despite Claude wanting to complete his mission and even threatening to turn a gun on Schaal if she gets in the way, he still showed signs of caring. I feel like their differing opinions will lead them to most likely disagree and argue a lot, but in the end will help each other see eye to eye. As I said, I think it would be super interesting to see them like that, because Schaal will most likely help Claude discover that Incarnates are still human too. That'll be cute.

Why is no one talking about Claude just casually mentioning Cain is his older brother? Is everyone else not surprised or did I miss something in the earlier episodes?? Send help.
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Aug 19, 2019 1:45 PM
Dec 2018
sammyk124 said:

Why is no one talking about Claude just casually mentioning Cain is his older brother? Is everyone else not surprised or did I miss something in the earlier episodes?? Send help.

Cain calls him "little brother" (or the other way around) during their meeting at the evening party from couple episodes ago
Aug 19, 2019 2:00 PM

May 2018
So we get to see trice who was once a songstress turned incarnate, it's gud that she was still able to maintain her sanity, but in the end the gov't was dead set on eliminating them all..too bad she has to die cu'z of what she did to the town's folk

So when the gov't tells a potential recruit that they have special powers, I guess what they really mean was that they're expendable, cu'z they don't have any families, or they're on dire straits that they be willing to do anything to relived themselves from hunger.

Ya know for Claude to be this fanatic of putting all them Incarnate into the endanger species list, he should have considered using some of them to hunt their own kind .
Aug 19, 2019 3:00 PM

Oct 2018
machetevuoi said:
sammyk124 said:

Cain calls him "little brother" (or the other way around) during their meeting at the evening party from couple episodes ago

Oh, thank you for telling me, well I'm a state dumbass for not remembering that. I clearly missed it XD
~ These boys must be protected at all costs ~
Aug 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
I felt so sad for Trice, she didn't deserve that
Aug 19, 2019 4:33 PM

Aug 2015
I really enjoyed this episode. It was light and heartwarming but sad at the same time. It was nice to see Trice still had some of her humanity left. Sad that she had to die like that. Looks like we will be seeing Hank in the next episode. Seems like they still wanna kill him...I think they shouldn't but anything could happen.
Aug 19, 2019 5:41 PM

Feb 2011
God this show is even worse than I thought, besides the return of the incarnate of the week format which i foolishly hoped to be gone after the previous two episodes, here are some glaring issues that bothered me throughout the episode:

- Hank: Schaal, we have to kill the incarnates, they slowly lose their humanity and go on a human killing rampage.
What does Schaal do this episode ? Exactly the opposite, befriends an Incarnate which could potentially murder her.

- After getting shot, what does that Charles guy do ? Go straight to Trice, potentially leading his pursuers straight to her by following his blood trail, leading to the death of the person he holds dear.

- EVERYBODY in the village gets affected by Trice's singing, EXCEPT Schaal and Cain's lil bro (forgot his name because he's just that irrelevant). I guess immunity to incarnate powers is a given when you're the main character.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed by a show. I cannot believe I enjoyed the first episode so much and this is how it ultimately goes down.
HatsuyukiAug 19, 2019 5:45 PM
Aug 19, 2019 6:29 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I felt sorry for Trice because all she wanted to do is sing in front of an audience, but since she is an incarnate everyone sees her as a monster. It's a shame that the army had to kill her since she did not pose a threat to anyone until Charles got killed. If Schaal had more time with Trice, she would have surrendered to the army peacefully and used her powers in the fight against the other incarnates. Looks like we have a battle between werewolves next week, but Hank is have trouble transforming after going full beast mode. Maybe when he finds out that Schaal is still alive he can control the beast within Hank.
Aug 19, 2019 7:36 PM

Sep 2013
That's quite the diaphragm to be able to sing like that with half a dozen rounds in the gut.
Aug 19, 2019 7:57 PM

Jan 2018
why did they kill her? the only thing she did when she was angry was putting people to sleep, she wasnt a threat, in fact she would have been really usefull to help people with insomnia
Aug 19, 2019 9:00 PM

Feb 2014
Hayamin's voice as the songstress was beautiful. Sad to see that even the sane ones are slain.
Btw is this anime just slaying characters in the order of the ED appearance like the way Juuni Taisen did?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 19, 2019 11:15 PM
Dec 2018
I just fall for Trice, but she is died... This is not fair, she is not even lost her humanity nor kill the citizens :(
Aug 20, 2019 3:23 AM

Oct 2007
Sad end for an incarnate who just wanted to sing. Well, in a way Schaal helped to kill her, Siren had the soldiers paralyzed with the sleep until Schaal distracted the incarnate by talking to her.

If only this town had the same kind of people as the village that accepted Will the dragon. It would have worked out fine until the time she starts to go crazy like Will did.
Aug 20, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
So...Trice the Songstress a.k.a Siren the Incarnate. And Charles the anime original character.

MAPPA once strikes again with the 1st half being anime original content, that I feel made the short manga extend better in terms of story and progression (that has been since the beginning).

Nice seeing Schaal and Trice forging the human-beast relationship, but the Major is awry of his own brother's sin (Cain) and definitely can see his merciless self to take Cain down ASAP and the Incarnates regardless.

It's shocking to see Trice getting shot, but the circumstances made it hard for her to not be ignored. The first Incarnate to not be a threat, much less her song of songs.

So...Hank isn't dead yet...
KANLen09Aug 20, 2019 8:34 AM
Aug 20, 2019 9:57 AM
Apr 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
God this show is even worse than I thought, besides the return of the incarnate of the week format which i foolishly hoped to be gone after the previous two episodes, here are some glaring issues that bothered me throughout the episode:

- Hank: Schaal, we have to kill the incarnates, they slowly lose their humanity and go on a human killing rampage.
What does Schaal do this episode ? Exactly the opposite, befriends an Incarnate which could potentially murder her.

- After getting shot, what does that Charles guy do ? Go straight to Trice, potentially leading his pursuers straight to her by following his blood trail, leading to the death of the person he holds dear.

- EVERYBODY in the village gets affected by Trice's singing, EXCEPT Schaal and Cain's lil bro (forgot his name because he's just that irrelevant). I guess immunity to incarnate powers is a given when you're the main character.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed by a show. I cannot believe I enjoyed the first episode so much and this is how it ultimately goes down.

Episodes 9 to 12 will be good
I wish they doing justice
Aug 20, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2015
She still had her sanity, so its really unjust to kill her...
Aug 20, 2019 3:39 PM

May 2015
This episode was really sad, but I think it made me discover what is keeping me from liking this anime and that is the 'monster of the week' formula it has built itself on. Would have been a lot sadder if the Incarnate was developed in more episodes rather than killed off in the episode she was introduced. It was a decent episode, but this series is so repetitive it's weird, nothing is developed.
GodLikesMudkipsAug 20, 2019 4:01 PM
Aug 20, 2019 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
A bit disappointed that the fact of Trice being as sane as Hank was never addressed.

Leaving that aside, it was definitely better than the previous episode but it wasn't as emotional as people say either, for me at least.
Aug 21, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
What a waste of an episode.
Aug 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2017
Better than the previous episode but the people here r too unreasonable. Also Cain's little brother is a piece of shit just like him.
Aug 21, 2019 1:31 PM

Oct 2016
This was actually one of the better episodes, in my opinion, though I don't have a lot to say about it. That bayonet scene was nice and brutal. I was hoping the Siren girl would go down the route of peace. I wanted to see if they would still kill off an incarnate that posed no threat whatsoever, but she decided to "attack" the townspeople. Whatever, I'm sure they would have killed her no matter what. This was still a good episode though. Definitely one of the best so far. This anime is a lot better without Hank.

phil2288 said:
slavemaster_1991 said:

This episode covers manga chapters 13-14, Vol 3; there's quite some departure from the source.

Manga/anime differences:

Next episode should finish off Vol 3 content and move into Vol 4.

Huh, I wonder why they decided to change so much. I personally enjoyed the episode, though I haven't read the manga. Which would you personally say did it better, the manga or the anime?

Otorez said:
The first female Incarnate they had to deal with (by "deal", I mean "they had to kill"). Another very different profile, with someone who did not go crazy or something, it is very accurate to say she still kept her humanity until here last moment.

I'm wondering what would have Hank done with her.

Hank would've probably attempted to kill her on the spot. Schaal would probably get between them. My guess is in the end he would've killed another incarnate for his precious Elaine.

ricksed said:
Kinda glad that Trice & Charles didn't have a romantic relationship. That would have been too cliche. Interesting to learn more about Charles and his complicated family situation. I have a feeling his relationship with Schaal will be very central to the narrative of the show. Series defintely is getting better after the first half.

I agree, but there definitely was some chemistry there, even if they weren't in a relationship.

Hatsuyuki said:

>Hank: Schaal, we have to kill the incarnates, they slowly lose their humanity and go on a human killing rampage.
To be completely fair, Hank has been shown to be a lot more deadset on putting down the incarnates. I feel like Schaal was in-character this episode. It didn't seem off to me at all that she didn't kill the incarnate.
>After getting shot, what does that Charles guy do ? Go straight to Trice, potentially leading his pursuers straight to her by following his blood trail, leading to the death of the person he holds dear.
The pursuers already knew there was something hidden on the beach. They would have found her eventually. Perhaps, he thought of his actions as a warning to her. To tell her to get out while she still can.
>EVERYBODY in the village gets affected by Trice's singing, EXCEPT Schaal and Cain's lil bro (forgot his name because he's just that irrelevant). I guess immunity to incarnate powers is a given when you're the main character.
I agree with you on this one. It's just typical plot armor. It gets annoying.

Aug 22, 2019 5:26 AM

May 2019
I like the psychological development of the characters - each Incarnate has a point of fixation that only grows into an obsession. This begins to spiral when they lose their humanity, twisting their sense of reality and perverting their previously good-natured philosophical fixation point.

It seem slike even Hank is going to end up this way - and I think that the overall narrative will be dramatically improved if this does happen.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Aug 22, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2017
I really liked this episode. It seems like Trice never "lost" her humanity. Sad she had to die.

I'm wondering if the incarnates can keep their humanity by having a strong will. Well, only time will tell.

Aug 22, 2019 10:40 AM
Jan 2019
This has been one of the best episodes of this anime, and one of my favorites. It really touched my heart. I felt like crying.
Beatrice was so beautiful, and she had such a sweet and gentle voice. His singing was beautiful.
It is a great shame that she had to die, of all the incarnated, she is one of the few who did nothing wrong after the war. She did not deserve to die. At least, the owner of the bar, Charles, was there to help and support her, and he met Schaal who became his friend and listened to his last song.

This anime is developing well, it has reached a new level for me. Maybe at the end of the season, be one of my favorite anime. I do not regret having made the decision to see it.
Aug 22, 2019 7:59 PM

Dec 2018
Did they explain why the Incarnates weren't human anymore when they returned from war, yet?
Aug 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Aug 2018
Frankly, I think Cain has the right idea. I’m not feeling much love for The pursuers of the incarnates. With the exception of Schall the others seem to have black hearts filled with hate.
Aug 25, 2019 7:49 AM

Apr 2018
Nooo just when there's actually an incarnate that still has her senses; what a shame. She could've teamed up with Hank and defeat enemies. Looks like we'll see wolf vs wolf next
Aug 25, 2019 7:51 AM

Apr 2018
Marcos_Aspira said:
Did they explain why the Incarnates weren't human anymore when they returned from war, yet?
Marcos_Aspira said:
Marcos_Aspira said:
Marcos_Aspira said:
the more they use their incarnate forms, their humanity fades. You can notice from them not being able to transfer back after the war
Aug 26, 2019 4:49 AM

Sep 2010
Sad episode....

glad Trice got to sing again and glad she made a friend who believed in her
Aug 27, 2019 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
I hate that blond-haired brat.
Aug 31, 2019 10:05 AM

Jul 2008
Humanity sucks....that's the gist of this episode.
Sep 13, 2019 7:26 PM

Aug 2017
I didn't like Charles's death, it feels rushed.

Well, RIP Trice, she didn't deserve that.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 25, 2019 4:41 AM

Jul 2019
This week we get a new gisjinhei and this time we're introduced and given a backstory before she goes on a rampage. A mermaid who can make people faint with her voice. She just wants to sing again like she used to before the war, but the townspeople are trying to hunt her down. It was another heartbreaking episode. It never seems like it with this show, but by the end of the episode I always have a lump in my throat. Trying to return to a time that you can never return to. I'm sure everyone can relate on some level.
Oct 14, 2019 8:33 PM

Feb 2014
i am done for with this anime

dropped
Jan 18, 2020 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
So many feels in this episode. It was sad.
Feb 2, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2015
One of the few incarnates who didn't completely lost their control and killed people, pretty sad for Schaal to lose her new friend..

Aug 14, 2020 10:15 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ANOTHER REALLY FINE EPISODE :D
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

80 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.