Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2019 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh silly Aru. I mean, an elementary school bag...lol. That outfit really makes her look like a kid.

Episode is alright. We even got a tennis match with Nako and Aru. Nako's personality is pretty funny when you see her play.
May 3, 2019 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
Aru-Aru Beam! xD
The tennis portion was the best part for me, pretty average episode imo.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

May 3, 2019 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
Good to see that the ninja training is progressing smoothly.
May 3, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
I like that this anime looks like the best examples of school titles and doesn't try to simplify the identity of all the girls to "Bochi's friend with own archetype". At some point, I even began to think that the plot spends even more time on the relationship between Nako and Aru than any of them with MC.
May 3, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
ARU-ARU BEAMU! And don't you have a mirror in your room, Aru?
May 3, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
Was a full on Aru episode, fun overall but I want more Bocchi antics, I knew somewhere down the line Aru wont be able to resist Bocchi and just hug her, that little girl is too adorable, like owning a cute puppy.
Aru's theme song during the tennis match was pretty rad too, but seriously.. how can you even forget that a cap is not part of your uniform...
May 3, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
Decent episode.

Loved the tennis part,

May 3, 2019 1:53 PM

Dec 2016
This was easily the worst episode for me, and Bocchi wasn't even the main in this episode.
I could kinda see the 2 separate jokes of Aru working in the original 4Koma, ending the 4th panel with Aru wearing elementary school clothes for no good reason as the punchline and ending it there. But it really feels like both parts in this adaptation were just stretched out of 2 jokes alone. There was nothing to actually complete from the source in order to make it feel like an actual anime episode, just 2 over stretched out jokes (the repetition of the Aru beam joke over and over was just pure cringe). I also don't get Nako's character, all of the girls have a name that represents her trait or flaw, and she's supposed to be the "good girl" but rather she's just a douchebag when it comes to dealing with Aru. I'm not a stranger when it comes to absurd comedy, but this? I really don't get what's supposed to be funny about this episode.
May 3, 2019 2:02 PM

Dec 2018
Cute episode. Love Arus beautiful green eyes and that adorable little backpack

She and Nako really goes to war, love always starts with a fight. Their love quarrel are cute as hell and ensures me that my waifus is going to be a together in the future, witch sounds thrilling. They are adorable and so much in love with each other. It's nice to observe this young soon to be lesbian couple

This show is more gay then thought it was going to be =) That is just AWESOME we need more waifu on waifu in anime

And I'm pleased to see all the intimacy between my girls in a whole ,holding hands hugging etc. They are so close and loving to each other , and are a really tight group of girls, Love to see that

I want a ,sleepover,,going to the beach, and a ,school play, episodes in the future. And i really wish for a kiss between the girls ,that would be the cherry on the cake and perfection is something this anime should strive after

Anny-how great stuff I'm more then pleased 10/10
Yuri-CrusaderMay 8, 2019 10:01 AM
May 3, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
The background music was on point, imo. Neat episode.

Mieru-chan (or is it Aru?) is still a cute loser with her adorable Aru-Aru Beam.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
May 3, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
Yuri-Crusader said:
She and Nako really goes to war. Their love quarrel ensures me that my waifus is going to be a couple in the future witch sounds thrilling. They are so cute and in love with each other

Of course, you can ship them with each other as you like, but I already told you that this title is not romance in any form. Not to mention that considering her BFF status with Bochi, their ship makes much more sense.
May 3, 2019 3:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Def the best episode so far

Honestly it's been so long since I read the beginning of the manga that I don't really remember these sketches. Ironically makes it funnier since it still feels fresh that way
May 3, 2019 3:42 PM

Aug 2018
this episode adapted chapters 12, 24 and 46

May 3, 2019 3:49 PM

Nov 2016
The episode was ok. Had some amusing moments, but really nothing stood out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2019 4:30 PM

Apr 2012
freakazow said:

Do they adapt chapters out of turn? What's the point of this?
May 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Aug 2018
RobertBobert said:
freakazow said:

Do they adapt chapters out of turn? What's the point of this?

so far its been a pretty solid run of doing it chapter by chapter.
the first episode adapted chapters 1, 2 and 13.5(bonus chapter from Volume 1) as well as the covers from volume 2 + 3
second episode adapted chapters 3, 4, 5
third 6, 7, 8
fourth 9, 10, 11
I guess they adapted them out of turn to get the Aru chapters together.

May 3, 2019 4:39 PM

Apr 2012
@freakazow You think they just decided to make an Aru's character-focus episode?

May 3, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2008
Honshou Mieru is moe!
Nako always outwit Aru in everyway!
5/5.

May 3, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2018
RobertBobert said:
@freakazow You think they just decided to make an Aru's character-focus episode?

yes, I believe so
purple monkey dishwasher

May 3, 2019 5:10 PM

Apr 2012
freakazow said:
RobertBobert said:

yes, I believe so
purple monkey dishwasher

Well, that sounds reasonable. I already start to think that they simply take random chapters and glue them together in one episode, lol.
May 3, 2019 5:10 PM
Mar 2019
I love this show so much. It's so calm, so peaceful, so funny, so cute. aru is the most adorable kid since Tsumugi, all the characters are full of warmth and every characters are interesting and leaves an impression.
May 3, 2019 5:58 PM

May 2018
oh, Aru, you unfortunate girl! :D
really like this ep, nice to see an episode focused not on BOcchi this time.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
May 3, 2019 5:58 PM

Jul 2013
Kimurah said:
I also don't get Nako's character, all of the girls have a name that represents her trait or flaw, and she's supposed to be the "good girl" but rather she's just a douchebag when it comes to dealing with Aru.

She's never a "good girl" type. Her name means "honest, direct child" which explains her frank personality.

May 3, 2019 6:40 PM

Oct 2015
Unfortunate! More like a mental problem. Having an unfortunate event is getting splashed by water on the roadside, your pants tearing in public or your heel breaks or you fall in front of your crush and not this. forgetting a hanger on you and a brush on your hair, or wearing elementary school uniform by mistake doesn't count as being unfortunate but count as having a mental disorder. Not funny at all but absurd even for me.

The punchlines aren't that creative like Asobi Asobase, but are just predictable and a little bit childish. But the animation is still great though, other than that it is bland in my perception.

How I miss Jojo this week!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 3, 2019 6:56 PM

Mar 2016
No, I have bad luck, Aru it's just an idiot. Also, it's funny how everything for Sotca is a jutsu.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 3, 2019 7:31 PM
May 2015
freakazow said:
Wow seriously? If so, the studio did a nice job on making this episode feel pretty cohesive.

May 3, 2019 7:52 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
My fave ep with the most laughs (for me) so far 😙
The character interactions, reactions, and Aru’s introspective inner monologue were all on point 😎
And Nako’s “Mieru” teasing gave me flashbacks to Kazuma’s “Lalatina” 😆

edit: and after rewatching, the dialogue and insert song awesome too 😉
gappasaurusMay 3, 2019 8:14 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 3, 2019 7:57 PM

Jul 2016
Aru's misfortune is definitely something else... poor girl xD

Entertaining episode overall. It wasn't the best one but it sure had some nice moments.

God damn it~
May 3, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2011
Need more Nako in my life!!! She's becoming one of my favorites this season.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 3, 2019 8:50 PM

Feb 2019
I love and enjoy every second of this anime. This, Gabriel Dropout and Ichigo Marshmallow could be the holy trinity of CGDCT.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 3, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
best episode so far. Aru's theme during the tennis match wasjust the cherry on top
May 3, 2019 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
This is why I created an exclusive Aru thread
May 3, 2019 9:57 PM
May 2016
Best episode so far imho. I laughed way too hard with the middle school uniform and Aru's theme song. Bocchi just goes better as a supporting character than as a main imo, I really enjoyed the dynamics and interactions on this episode.
May 3, 2019 11:37 PM

May 2015
Elementary School Backpack!

Oh my...a middle-schooler saying "God Damn" in her mind...

The hell is wrong with you Honshou? First the backpack, now the entire uniform? Don't you have a mirror at home, or did your unfortunate reality break that too?

Turning an unfortunate situation to an advantage as Aru's elementary school getup causes the taciturn Nako to burst out in laughter.

LOL! Now this is a school club that I would definitely join!

"You have an image as a perfect class vice president?" Lol Nako.

LMAO! She tossed the ball at Aru's head! Hahahaha!

Sotca wearing an origami samurai helm...

Episode centered on Honshou today. It was cute. Like Nako said, no need to be perfect. Just be yourself!

"Summer comes in 5-7-5". We doing some Haikus next episode?
May 4, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2017
Quite the episode, best one yet.

We have an episode dedicated to Honshou Aru, the "unfortunate" but comedic character, plus alongside Nako, the jokes don't feel old and feels perfect and complementary.

The perfectionist (but not quite perfect yet) version of herself performing in class is just icing on the cake.
GOD DAMMIT!
May 4, 2019 2:15 AM

Jul 2014
An whole episode for the unfortunate Aru is not what I was expecting, but it certainly delivered on the comedy front as one of the funniest episodes in the entire show so far.
May 4, 2019 2:16 AM

Aug 2018
In the morning, to avoid seeing the friend I did not want to see, I pretended to have a cramp in my leg.

May 4, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2007
An unfortunate episode. Laughed so hard when Aru said "I'm finally finished". xD

Headbutt while wearing an elementary school hat. Aru upgraded her attack.

I guess Nako throwing the tennis ball into Aru's head is payback for all those headbutts.
May 4, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2011
Nice. Aru got the spotlight this time. And I got loads of laughter.
May 4, 2019 4:27 AM

Nov 2013
i actually didn't like this episode too much, even tho i like the teasing between Ako and Nako, but this was just 20 minutes of the same thing that happens every other episode between them lol

i actually felt like skipping the rest of the episode when i saw Aru with the full outfit...like seriously? :v
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 4, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
Aru was the main focus in this episode and her unfortunate luck gives even the likes of Toma Kamijo a run for his money. XD

Accidentally using her elementary school backpack was just a small appetiser of her unfortunate luck. The next day, she was wearing her full elementary school uniform, gets awkward looks at her and also has Nako bursting out laughing and even wanted to take a picture of her then and there. At least she was able to use this as an advantage in the school classroom where everyone applauded Aru for making Nako laugh so openly. =)

Aru can even speak English decently, too. However, she read the wrong page and her response, also in English, was "God damn it!". That had me laughing a lot as well. =3

The tennis match segment had me laughing. So many fails and serving the ball and plenty of salty facial expressions to match that, too! Aru-Aru Beam took many attempts before she finally nailed a lovely serve, but she was happy to concede a defeat, also that led to her misunderstanding Nako and making an embarrassment of herself again. How unfortunate!

Great episode overall, one where it had plenty of funny and cute moments. Hopefully Bocchi will get her screentime back next time, though. =P
May 4, 2019 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
freakazow said:
In the morning, to avoid seeing the friend I did not want to see, I pretended to have a cramp in my leg.

We've all been there, we all.
May 4, 2019 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was terrible. The 'unfortunate' gag is the dumbest thing in the show and it was like the whole episode. The elementary school uniform thing was ludicrous. Aru's theme song was pretty cute I guess but they managed to even ruin the beam gag which I sort of liked before. Nako is honestly the worst character in the show but Aru is becoming just as annoying.

I have a feeling this all works better in 4-koma format, but this anime as a whole isn't really working out for me.
syncrogazerMay 4, 2019 7:22 AM
May 4, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
I can relate to Aru
May 4, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2017
syncrogazer said:
The 'unfortunate' gag is the dumbest thing in the show and it was like the whole episode

I guess the most correct term is "loser", not "unfortunate". They use "loser" in the scans.
"Loser" gives a whole different meaning to the jokes, I think
May 4, 2019 7:24 AM

Mar 2016
lostinexistence said:
"Loser" gives a whole different meaning to the jokes, I think

Honestly, that makes it worse.
May 4, 2019 7:35 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode. Aru became more lovable lol. Every single character is so well written.
May 4, 2019 8:05 AM

Oct 2007
Meta_Yoshi said:
Aru was the main focus in this episode and her unfortunate luck gives even the likes of Toma Kamijo a run for his money. XD

Accidentally using her elementary school backpack was just a small appetiser of her unfortunate luck. The next day, she was wearing her full elementary school uniform, gets awkward looks at her and also has Nako bursting out laughing and even wanted to take a picture of her then and there. At least she was able to use this as an advantage in the school classroom where everyone applauded Aru for making Nako laugh so openly. =)

Aru can even speak English decently, too. However, she read the wrong page and her response, also in English, was "God damn it!". That had me laughing a lot as well. =3

haha. yes, that was funny too. xD

I'm wondering if Nako managed to take the pic of Honsho Mieru?

Great episode overall, one where it had plenty of funny and cute moments. Hopefully Bocchi will get her screentime back next time, though. =P

well, Bocchi had plenty screentime episode 1-4. I don't mind giving one full episode to each of the other main girls, to explore their personalities a bit more. :)
May 4, 2019 8:06 AM

Oct 2014
10/10 episode with 10/10 material 10/10 screenplay 10/10 soundwork
May 4, 2019 2:21 PM

Dec 2018
RobertBobert said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
She and Nako really goes to war. Their love quarrel ensures me that my waifus is going to be a couple in the future witch sounds thrilling. They are so cute and in love with each other

Of course, you can ship them with each other as you like, but I already told you that this title is not romance in any form. Not to mention that considering her BFF status with Bochi, their ship makes much more sense.

Just an mere observation thoughts and some wishful thinking i have while i was engulfing myself in this glorious chef d'oeuvre . My reflections on this media are my own and there for futile to debate further. I rather spend my precious time in a more productive manner
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Happy birthday

Mr_Sai - May 5

5 by Kashi_Otaku »»
May 5, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no ○○ Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

151 by dspr »»
May 5, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

147 by astrovoiiid »»
Mar 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

104 by Forum »»
Feb 8, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Akirion- - Jun 14, 2019

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.