Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 10, 2019 7:16 AM

Nov 2018
Nice, another good episode. Loved the relationship of the trio and the desperate face that Norman is making at the end. I actually felt sad for the three of them. Hope the rest of the season is as good as this.
Mar 10, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2016
I loved how supportive they were for Norman by promising that they'll do anything to help him escape by himself to assure that they'll all escape together when the time is right but how the episode ended was just depressing.

Norman executed the escape plan perfectly but finding out what lies beyond the wall and seeing the final and impossible obstacle standing before them made him so distraught that he abandoned all plans to escape his fate of being shipped out. It's pure despair...

Mar 10, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
I have the say that the show is finally getting interesting. I really liked this episode and the last one best. The intensity is ramping up. Now we know that there is a cliff and there is no chance at all from escaping over the wall, which means they can only leave through the front door. I felt so sorry for Norman and it really looks like he is sacrificing himself because there is no way how they can save him now. I really like him but the dead look in his eyes. He has accepted that this would be his last night in the "cattle farm".
Mar 10, 2019 11:00 AM
Mar 2017
How Norman climbed the wall? This is my question xD
Mar 10, 2019 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
juicykitten95 said:
MetaKite said:
So this episode means Ive only read past it by a few chapters before I stopped reading. It's been about couple years since and I don't think I can continue with this manga or the anime. I'm used to dark but this.....

dont give up hope !!! the payoff might be soon
So I ended up reading a few more chapters past the point I stopped back in 2017 (a point I know will devastate everyone in another episode or 2) and am at chapter 38. Thanks for that. It really didn't go where I thought it was going but I'm still very sad. Although I do have lots of speculations now!!

MetaKiteMar 10, 2019 1:41 PM
Mar 10, 2019 4:53 PM
Dec 2018
I wonder what human society is like aside from these farms. Considering there are vehicles, books, trackers and the likes, mankind must have the industrial infrastructure to produce all those.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Mar 10, 2019 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
While first minutes of the episode were rather calm (not peaceful!), despite the situation of our trio and their allies, the last scenes were simply a blast. Norman having hope to survive, Ray and Emma planning something new, and that huge disappointment when Norman sees that abyss between walls and forest outside the farm.

What I love about this anime is beautiful animation showing emotions of our heroes. They don't need to talk, their emotions - both positive and negative - are shown in their body's behaviour and facial expression. There was no need to hear anything from Norman when he went to get a glass of water to Emma.

It seems we have another cliffhanger, with Norman returning to everyone. Normally I would had been dissatisfied, because I generally do not like cliffhangers. In "Promised Neverland" though, those cliffhangers are not annoying. They only make waiting for next episodes even more exciting. :)
Mar 10, 2019 7:44 PM

Mar 2018
Man~ I think Mama Isabela would make a great dominatrix mistress. Hmmm <3

Toucanbird said:
Damn Daniel, that might’ve been the best episode of nothing happening that I’ve ever seen.

I thought the directing in this episode was fantastic. I felt a few episodes in-between lost the dramatic tension a little bit, but my God, did this episode bring it back full force.

I’m in my 30s and I don’t think I would be able to figure out what to do, let alone 11 trying to deal with this shit.

I’m definitely hooked to see where this series goes from here.
As I recall, I was clearly more creative, excessively curious/adventurous during my early teenage years compared to my current self.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 20, 2019 8:25 PM
I watch anime for the fan service plot since I don't really like ecchi but it just so happens that it is included in mostly the good shows I like. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 10, 2019 8:29 PM

May 2018
The episode ended on a LITERAL cliffhanger this time :D
Mar 10, 2019 10:35 PM
Jun 2017
NO SPOILERS FROM MANGA READERS PLEASE!!!

What the? past the wall is just a cliff? ohh im just wondering if they can really escape or its that tunnel the only way they can escape...
Mar 11, 2019 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
Another cliffhanger, this time a real cliff
Mar 11, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2018
Why did he come back!??? He could've at least waited in the forest and told them later
Mar 11, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
holy cow.... that was amazing.
real cliffhanger huh
Mar 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Feb 2007
Given Mom's own past, I can't help but wonder whether she plans to raise Emma into her successor. High quality produce or not, these three have exactly the intelligence and strength needed for this job - although I doubt they can be broken that easily and while she would survive the training, she'd likely be a bigger liability than the rather unstable Krone was, seeing how Krone simply wanted to become a Mom at any cost, while Emma would likely use this position to find a way out and just one day disappear with all the children if given this chance.
Mar 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Apr 2018
When Norman got over I thought it was just more forest but seems like they have to escape from the gate now!
Mar 13, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
Friggin' damn despair beyond the wall is a death cliff!
damn i want more! this gets epic!
5/5.

Mar 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that the kids have no escape. How could they jump that cliff beyond the wall?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 14, 2019 4:16 AM

Feb 2018
Slores said:
Why did he come back!??? He could've at least waited in the forest and told them later

He just gave up on trying to escape i think , keep in mind they're supposed to get the other kids with them and with a cliff that big it seems impossible .
Mar 14, 2019 6:12 AM

Jun 2017
Damn it, now I can't wait for the next episode where all hell breaks loose, that Cliff at the end took away their last hope of escape, damn. I wonder what Sister Krone left at that drawer, there's only a meager hope left, I wonder what they'll do next.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 14, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
The cruelest plot twist
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2009
Oh SHIT, there's a cliff?? Jesus Christ. That's the first twist I totally didn't see coming. Good stuff.

I also still can't believe Mama straight up broke Emma's leg. That's so fucking savage.

And my man Norman straight up running up the wall is insane lol. I really wonder how they're going to escape now and whether the promise Norman made to Ray (leave everyone else behind so the three of them can escape) will come back eventually.
Mar 16, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
It's episode 9, and the show just keeps establishing how impossible the odds of their escape. The last episode when the mother revealed that she knew everything(with no explanation as to how), and broke Emma's leg feels like BS. I mean it was never explained to us, how she found out about Krone's or Ray's betrayal, she just kind of did. Now, we have this huge abyss and the gate filled with adults and demons, so both possible ways of exits out of the question and there's a lot of uncertainty on what the mother knows. I get the show wants high stakes, but I hate to see something like this having another potential anti-dexus ex machina(if that's a word). The cliff thing kind of came out of nowhere, if their success had such little chance, there'll be no reason to break Emma's leg, so why did the mom do it? She throughout the show seemed 100% certain that they can't escape. The mother doesn't feel challenged by them, and now we know why. She not only has high security but also has all the information on them(as far as we know).

Ah, as a side note, I noticed that the OP had the white butterfly with clipped wings when Emma showed up, and then again when the mother appeared in the OP. I wonder if other small details like that are in the OP as well.
removed-userMar 16, 2019 12:39 PM
Mar 18, 2019 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
Hopless... its hopless... HOPELESS!!! I cant hold it back anymore. FUCK! Norman v.v and everyone. What are you going to do? So fucking tense! Its impossible to escape from the farm.
My only regret is having regrets!
Mar 20, 2019 8:58 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned
Please be careful with spoilers and always add spoiler tags when you're talking about the manga.

Mar 23, 2019 11:23 PM

Mar 2017
my heart is so soft inside while the three of them are discussing how they'll prevent each other from getting shipped out ;w;

Gosh these three!!! I want them to be so happy, they deserve all the happiness and love (T▽T)

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Mar 24, 2019 12:39 AM

Apr 2014
WOW.

Gonna hedge all bets on Norman's "OwO What's this?" in Krone's drawer... Also maybe Phil, because the show keeps giving him emphasis at random moments when he catches someone in the middle of something secretive. Also they keep showing Krone's pen, which she had picked up at HQ... The cliff has just ended their plan. They will have to go through the gate, somehow...

-Ray remembers being in the fetus? What...

-The plan the three had could have just resulted in Don or Gilda or someone else being shipped out as an example...

-Norman wouldn't be able to survive out there for a month with them bringing him food without being caught...
ZeroDragonMar 24, 2019 12:47 AM
Mar 29, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2016
Awww. Norman. I hope they figure this out.
Apr 2, 2019 2:24 AM
Jan 2011
OtakuSilver said:

He literally ran on it upwards holding a sheet lmao. With such gravity-defying capabilities, he might as well jump over the cliff and run away already...
Good anime so far but this scene was very retarded, lazy and disappointing, what he did to climb the wall made no sense whatsoever.
Apr 9, 2019 1:08 AM

Jul 2012
Holy, I don't even know where to start. What an amazing episode

The soundtracks used in this show were all so good, especially in this episode.

The realism in the reaction of Norton realizing his life is going to end the very next night.
The close ups of Norton's faces were all drawn so well to express what he was feeling inside. He was really dead inside at the end.
The camerawork makes this probably the best use of background CGI I've seen yet. It gives off such an eerie feeling and adds so much to the atmosphere to the show.

I'm glad I didn't read the manga before this aired, 'cause this adaptation is so damn good.
Apr 9, 2019 1:12 AM

Mar 2019
-Nanashi- said:
OtakuSilver said:

He literally ran on it upwards holding a sheet lmao. With such gravity-defying capabilities, he might as well jump over the cliff and run away already...
Good anime so far but this scene was very retarded, lazy and disappointing, what he did to climb the wall made no sense whatsoever.
This also confused me lol. Seems pretty unrealistic.

Though did enjoy the anime :)

My anime review website: https://www.takanodan.net
Apr 14, 2019 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
ED song seemed to change.

They finally decided on the escape route. Since the tunnels through the gate lead to the HQ and branch off to the other plants, it's clear that all they have to do is climb over the walls and jump over to freedom. All seemed bright when the trio agreed on a plan to let Norman escape by himself, for the time being, he even said his farewells with the other kids.

BUT THERE'S A FUCKING CLIFF... THE FINAL HURDLE Norman straight up lost the will to even continue anymore...
Apr 20, 2019 11:52 PM

Feb 2014
1. Did he randomly opened that drawer?

2. How the hell he climbed that wall? lol he got back probably like Tarzan? xD

3. He didn't checked out all the wall. Maybe there was a point where it hasn't a cliff.
Apr 22, 2019 11:33 PM

Apr 2014
i mean norman seeing what he saw of course he would have no choice but to come back cause there's nothing he can do but i wonder him seeing what he saw did he come up with anything else and also the thing that sister left that he found what exactly was that

but wow i can only imagine how he felt when he saw that cliff just waiting on the other side
"one step at a time"
Apr 28, 2019 3:17 AM

May 2013
That result made me sad ;~;

What did you tell them, Sister Krone?
Throw the ball into their playing court already.

PS- Ray is such a fucking badass, man. He knew since the beginning. AND HE'S BEEN WORKING ON HOW TO BUILD THE TRACKING BREAKER FOR 6 FUCKING YEARS. What kind of a genius--???? Seriously.
May 1, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2017
Im not sure what suprises me more

The fact that Norman climbed the wall with a fck Spiderman walk or that he managed to get down from the wall without breaking his legs or something lol

I dont see a way out for Norman rip
May 2, 2019 3:12 PM

Feb 2013
Wtf!
That was too cruel, the cliff is huge!
May 13, 2019 12:01 AM

Jan 2015
MH93 said:
dafuq is that!!!!
Yeah, that part was weird as hell, how was he just running up the wall?

The despair that followed was great though, really immersed.
May 23, 2019 9:27 AM
May 2012
Awww, someone said "please write us letters", my hearttttt T_T
Not only is he a super genius, but he can also defy the laws of physics.
Jun 15, 2019 11:03 PM

Mar 2015
They're truly fukt no?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 31, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
Norman just ran upwards a wall that's perpendicular to the surface with no ledges. That's too much even for my suspension of disbelief yo.
Aug 11, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
MH93 said:
dafuq is that!!!!

That's Wile E Coyote making his anime debut as Norman's stunt double.
Aug 18, 2019 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
Oh no! How are they going to escape! Does this mean Norman is going to die?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2019 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
This show's been giving me serious Shinsekai Yori vibes from the beginning, but something about this episode really gave that off.

As this progresses, the sheer sense of despair is becoming even thicker. I know there's going to be a second season, so I can't imagine how this is ending. If I thought it was ending in 3 episodes, I'd expect a tragedy of Urobutcher proportions, but I can't tell. I suspect some terrible things are going to happen regardless. That strong sense of despair oppressing our young heroes reminds me of a Lynn Okamoto work. I'm reminded of my time reading Gokukoku no Brynhildr and all the times I was certain things were hopeless for one or more of the characters.

Ray is such a cool kid. His "I'm not your enemy, but I'm also not your ally" shlock is falling apart. I love 'im.
ZadionOct 29, 2019 11:52 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2020 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
Was not expecting the cliff but waiting to see why norman's so calm I feel like he got some useful info from Krone in whatever thing that was that she left for them.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 6, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2015
Holy crap, so after all they did with planning the escape and all...all of it was for nothing....damn, they will probably feel some despair after knowing that especially Ray who has been a double agent since the age of six, betraying his friends...

Jan 10, 2020 4:21 PM

May 2016
I was not expecting that cliffhanger... watching the despair in Norman's eyes and seeing how he lost all hope is what got me.

Also how Ray lost his cool even though he's usually very calm in stressful situations.
Feb 8, 2020 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was pure despair. God even I felt so awful just from watching. There are almost no options left. Emmas broken leg, the delivery of Norman. I don't want to think of how it must feel for him knowing he will die the next day.

The idea Ray and Emma had was great. This just shows that they would do anything to help Norman staying alive. And for a moment I really got hope for it to go well. Also interesting to hear how Ray knew about the monsters and what exactly was going on.

Norman finally got a chance to see what's behind the wall. The moment Isabella was looking for him the tension got unreal. Something told me she would grin and something went wrong and of course I was right. Fuuuck me. I had the same reaction like Emma and Ray.

Normans eyes showed the ultimate despairation and all hope was gone. I can't believe there's a giant cliff behind the wall. All what they planned, all the work Ray did over the last 6 years, for nothing. They can't escape. I don't see how. The main gate? Sure with all these monsters it shouldn't be a problem right.....?

The only thing left is what Krone left behind for Norman. But tbh what can it be? Pls don't let Norman die, this would be to heartbreaking :(
Natsu88Feb 8, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 16, 2020 11:46 PM
Jul 2015
Man this anime is crazy! The greatest!
Can't even chill a moment watching how those kids would overcome the escape.
Such a perfect twist.
Apr 21, 2020 6:53 AM
Dec 2018
Surprise Surprise... next Obstacle is The Cliff. Never Expected that, now i Get it What that Grandma Mean My Under Control.
Apr 25, 2020 8:46 PM

Apr 2020
Seeing Norman coming back looking absolutely defeated was crushing. Honestly I expected it but I was still shocked
Deep down, we all have trash taste
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.