Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, first half of the episode was calm. We still have the usual trio of Emma, Ray, and Norman planning their escape. Emma is keeping a positive attitude for this despite feeling emotional.

I kinda feel bad for some of the younger kids though. They don't seem prepared for this given their age. On the other hand, I'm glad Emma recovered from injury and is regaining her strength. They're really going to need all the help they can get to escape. Seems there's also some drama among the group again though.

Mar 7, 2019 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
ah, finally some backstory to how they were born and got there in the first place. pretty intense episode, good directing
though, for the most part it felt like nothing happened. welp, more build up for despair, especially how their determined faces changed to horribly frightened

uninstallthegameMar 7, 2019 10:00 AM
Mar 7, 2019 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
The episode certainly doesn't match episode 8 in terms of action, but it's still interesting to see how the plot develops. For one, I definitely didn't expect that ending. Out of all the theories I had, that wasn't one of them.

Also nice to see some backstory as to how they got to the house in the first place. I'm a little curious as to what their plan will be now, all things considered.
Mar 7, 2019 10:14 AM
Jan 2019
Nothing of note happened, yet it was the best episode of this show so far. By a long shot.

The direction was really good, especially during the end when Norman told Emma and Ray that there was a cliff beyond the wall. Even though I'm a manga reader and knew what was coming, I got chills. Everything was so well handled, from Norman's acceptance of his fate, to him coming back from the wall with a dead look in his eyes. I can't imagine what the kid must be going through.

All in all, it was a really well directed episode and although I'm a bit 'eh' on some parts, I loved it.
Mar 7, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
So, the only way for them to escape is through the front gate,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 20, 2019 8:56 PM
cunnysseur
Mar 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2012
I thought they would go a bit far ahead in this episode, but I think I can see what they're trying to do. Norman's eyes were intense af

Edit: Also, new ending shows some new content as well~~~~
Mar 7, 2019 10:25 AM

Mar 2017
No no no no no no! This CANNOT be happening! What the fucking hell are they going to do?! The only, tiny bit of hope left is the things that Krone left in Norman's draw... i'm praying to God there is some kind of solution hidden there
Mar 7, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2018
I’ll be honest I wasn’t a huge fan of how much content they skipped in the first few episodes but these last two episodes more than made up for it. I can’t wait to see how they adapt the rest from here to the end it will all be fast paced thrills I’m so excited! The new ED was also very fitting I think the old one didn’t rewlly fit with the end of the episode very good move on them. Cloverworks Is definitely making a name for themselves right now! They had a rough start with P5 but Bunny Girl Senpai and now The Promised Neverland have been absolute hits! Keep it up!
Mar 7, 2019 10:30 AM
Jun 2016
the tension is unreal.. and the direction was amazing
new ed, i love co shu ne.

next ep is where all hell breaks loose!!!
Mar 7, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode Emma and Ray going crazy with wanting to break their bones or get sick, we also got a part of Ray's backstory and that cliff reveal at the end....
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 7, 2019 10:34 AM

Feb 2017
Well, this ended on a literal cliffhanger. But bad jokes aside, this situation just became more fucked!

By the end of it, I was literally screaming about how worse things have come for these kids.
Mar 7, 2019 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
Still curious why they haven't shown what Sister Krone left for Ray in his drawer and why Norman didn't tell Ray about it.

Cliff reveal at the end gave me chills
Mar 7, 2019 10:41 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I figured there was something like that behind the walls... I felt bad for Norman :(

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Mar 7, 2019 10:52 AM
Aug 2018
This show just keeps getting better, amazingly well directed episode once again. Fuck man, I feel so bad for Norman, he was my favourite out of the trio and I have no clue how or if he's gonna get out of this one.
Mar 7, 2019 10:52 AM

Apr 2018
The second ed is good too but would've prefered a second op since the first one is meh
Mar 7, 2019 10:53 AM

Jan 2019
im a bit disappointed, they could ve shown the scene of Ray's Memories instead of his face, and they skipped out a bunch of other tiny neat details, nothing bad but still

tension is as high as always though

Tasel said:
So, the only way for them to escape is through the front gate,

except its not

hatfielddr said:
Still curious why they haven't shown what Sister Krone left for Ray in his drawer and why Norman didn't tell Ray about it.

Cliff reveal at the end gave me chills

in the next episode
and yeah i got chills too, would have preferred a darker facial expression on norman though

TinselSparkles said:
The episode certainly doesn't match episode 8 in terms of action, but it's still interesting to see how the plot develops. For one, I definitely didn't expect that ending. Out of all the theories I had, that wasn't one of them.

Also nice to see some backstory as to how they got to the house in the first place. I'm a little curious as to what their plan will be now, all things considered.

i know right, there is always some kind of nice reveal or plot twist in each episode i love that kind of story telling it just punches you in the face you expect a jab but its a right hook

Crackersauce said:
This show just keeps getting better, amazingly well directed episode once again. Fuck man, I feel so bad for Norman, he was my favourite out of the trio and I have no clue how or if he's gonna get out of this one.

but thats the fun part, seeing someone on the edge like that , not knowing what will happen and so on :))

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 20, 2019 8:56 PM
Mar 7, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, ended with a huge cliffhanger, but....

Mar 7, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
That was great. The mama-san just knew they couldn't get over the wall. Well played. I am so impressed at how she is not being the most smug of motherfuckers.
Mar 7, 2019 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
well it got a little more towards despair
Mar 7, 2019 11:24 AM
May 2011
I had a feeling this episode would end on a cliffhanger!
Mar 7, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2014
Re_Rem-0 said:
Well, this ended on a literal cliffhanger. But bad jokes aside, this situation just became more fucked!

The cliffhanger is a spoiler itself XDXDXD

Man these episodes just keeps getting better and better! I love the night scene of the whole house and how it looks like it came straight out of a Halloween haunted mansion. I also like the part where emma tells ray to break a leg arm. That was insane lol

On a side note, I also remember being a fetus. Unlike Ray, I don't remember being surrounded by water. What I remember is the sensation of being embraced in a really tight space. I couldn't see or hear, but it's warm and comfortable, and the sensation is so deep rooted in my mind it felt like I was in there for a long, long time, as if I'm living in a time loop. That's the earliest memory I have. Sometimes I'd think it's a dream, but it felt too real, too vivid, too long to be a dream.

Anyway, the end feels a bit dragged out though (like c'mon Norman just say it!)

And norman had let go of the rope when he got on top of the wall. So...

How did he get back down?
ttcchenMar 7, 2019 11:34 AM
Mar 7, 2019 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
I predicted there was a cliff exactly when he passed the wall.
damn.

Jan 2019
Re_Rem-0 said:

By the end of it, I was literally screaming about how worse things have come for these kids.

Their last escape route would be the tunnel right? but the tunnel leads to the headquarters oh noo it's gameover ;O
Mar 2019
I loved how the camera focused on Norman's walking there
Mar 7, 2019 11:42 AM
Oct 2017
Ohh wow :3
fuck this I am picking up the manga.
Mar 7, 2019 11:59 AM

May 2018
heart breaking beautiful episode

Mar 7, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2017
This show is the most intense thing I've ever seen.

Shixzoner said:
I had a feeling this episode would end on a cliffhanger!

Really? How did you know? ;)
Mar 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Feb 2016
Ahhh, Shucks. Kids bidding farewell to Norman had way more emotion in the Manga. That scene of the crying girl got me real hard back then.

I can't wait to see the Anime onlies reaction for next week
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 7, 2019 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode. Wonder if Norman has a plan.
Mar 7, 2019 12:06 PM

Feb 2016
Veldora_Tempest said:

~Blackwall
Mar 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
ttcchen said:
Re_Rem-0 said:

The cliffhanger is a spoiler itself XDXDXD

Man these episodes just keeps getting better and better! I love the night scene of the whole house and how it looks like it came straight out of a Halloween haunted mansion. I also like the part where emma tells ray to break a leg arm. That was insane lol

On a side note, I also remember being a fetus. Unlike Ray, I don't remember being surrounded by water. What I remember is the sensation of being embraced in a really tight space. I couldn't see or hear, but it's warm and comfortable, and the sensation is so deep rooted in my mind it felt like I was in there for a long, long time, as if I'm living in a time loop. That's the earliest memory I have. Sometimes I'd think it's a dream, but it felt too real, too vivid, too long to be a dream.

Anyway, the end feels a bit dragged out though (like c'mon Norman just say it!)

i cannot remember that far but around 3. It feels weird when people are amazed you have memories so far
Mar 7, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2016
ttcchen said:

I was wondering that lmao, Cloverworks forgot probably, I don't remember if this also happened on the manga at said time since it has been a while lol.
~Blackwall
Mar 7, 2019 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
Feel the despair...

This was so depressing and emotionally devastating. Great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
Tasel said:
So, the only way for them to escape is through the front gate, I guess only Phil can save them now.
I would not say this. A rope can help them traverse the cliff .
Mar 7, 2019 12:19 PM
May 2017
"Let's get to cracking." Lmao, I love Emma. Sasuke Jr is really growing on me too. I liked the camera work a lot, especially during that scene where Norman went to get the water. An excellent example of how to show someone's emotions without saying a word.

And it's a fucking cliff? These poor kids can't catch a break.
Mar 7, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
I hate Isabella so much it's almost unhealthy. SHE should be the most hated character this season instead of the generic bitch Malty who I can name about 5 characters exactly like her.
The animation is absolutely amazing. That cliff gave me chills.
I said this last week but I really really want them to all escape and have a somewhat good life... This feels so Game of Thrones-like.
Mar 7, 2019 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
did the ending song change?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 7, 2019 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
This was a charged episode. Seeing Emma and Ray talking about breaking his bones, or catching a "serious cold" was sad because it just felt like they were in denial. As for Norman, he tried to be strong in front of Emma, but he broke down for a moment when he went to get a cup of water. I can't imagine what he is feeling, knowing that his doom is imminent and unable to escape.

But even so Emma and Ray still made him feel like struggling for his life once more, but I guess that cliff understandable killed his hopes. Can't wait to hear what else he has to say before the end, I guess it's truly goodbye. That new version of the ED was poignant for sure.
Mar 7, 2019 12:49 PM
Mar 7, 2019 12:51 PM

May 2018
Yeah im starting to lose interest at this point. I overhyped this too much.
Mar 7, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
The ending with the cliff was shocking. That moment my hopes for them to escape are ruined and I'm also worrying how in the world they are going to pass the gate with all those demons around. Not an easy task but they are running out of options.

Very intense episode!

Mezo-RPWPA said:
did the ending song change?

It did! I thought the ED song was kinda different than usual. Not only the song, but the background has also changed from Black to White :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 7, 2019 1:03 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Isabella broke Emma's leg then. That will sure curtail their escape attempts for some time. If anything Isabella's personalities are like a switch. Liable to turn at any time. No matter how calm you may be the prospect of a grisly death is not something that you can ignore. Despite being given such an opportunity its nice that Norman did not agree with Rays plan. The insight into how Ray found out about the true purpose of the house sure was unexpected. Still the info about the security sure made for some good news for the team. Hmm to think that beyond the walls was nothing but a sheer cliff. Its kinda lucky that the escape didn't go ahead. Curious to see what their next plans will be after this revelation though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
The scene when Ray was telling his story was one of the laziest things I've seen in an adaptation in a while, they didn't show any images of what he was explaining!

But well, I have to say this and last episode were pretty good overall, way better than the first half.
Mar 7, 2019 1:11 PM

Feb 2018
Man this show just keeps getting better. This episode took me from despair, to hope, and back into despair again.

The camera work and animation in the scene where Norman was getting Emma water was really good. They did a fantastic job at showing Normans feeling of utter hopelessness. I loved Emma in that next scene, she's so optimistic no matter what and it really gave me hope. Her plan really seemed like it would work. Also, pretty brilliant that Ray was able to build that device out of the specific parts over the years.

The way the kids reacted to the news of Norman leaving was surprising. It's like how they reacted when they saw Emma's broken leg. I feel like they know.. at least some of them know..

They singled out Phil in several shots again. I'm still convinced he's up to something. I think he has a plan of his own.

So Norman comes back and tells Emma and Ray the news... a cliff, really?! Damn, right back into despair. I knew there would be something out there but honestly I didn't think of that. What the hell are they going to do now?! We can only hope they think of something fast, or whatever Krone left in Norman's drawer will help them. I can't wait to find out!
Mar 7, 2019 1:12 PM

Feb 2014
After the savage defeat from the last episode by Isabella, she added another bombshell to the hopes of the kids by announcing to the five of them that Norman would be shipped out the next evening.

Just seeing the despair on the faces of each of them after hearing that and coming to terms with that fact was heart-breaking, but despite that, the plan was going to go ahead, with Ray, Norman and Emma showing their resolve of making their plan work.

I must say, the OST used for when Norman was preparing to get to the top of the wall was excellent. It gave the scene a lot of hope and courage for Norman to use the rope that was tied to the tree to give him the momentum needed to run up the side of the wall and hoist himself up the top of it.

However, to the shock of Emma, Ray, Don and Gilda, Norman made his way back to the house that evening. It was then showed that over the wall was a cliff that separated him and the nearby land.

What a proper cliffhanger to end the episode. Time is almost up for Norman to try and escape from certain death by the Demons so I'm hyped up for the next episode.

Also, I wasn't expecting a new ED song from Cö shu Nie, but I still liked it. The visuals for the Ed felt different, too. It felt more distorted, but it also had some new stills that I haven't seen before. Hopefully it's not a one-off ED. =)
Mar 7, 2019 1:12 PM

Jan 2017
Intense episode hollyshit. That ending is just brutal. These kids have to go through the front gate now. I don't see any other option.
Mar 7, 2019 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
funny how towards the end Norman realized, "well.....fuck :)"
Mar 7, 2019 1:28 PM

Dec 2016
dafuq is that!!!!
Mar 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Nov 2018
the tension just keep on increasing smh
Mar 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Feb 2018
That fuc*ing kids reaction when they heard, that Norman is going to leave was telling so much.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.