Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, getting water splashed right into the face while running looks like an amusing experience.

I thought the episode looked pretty fun. Not just the running by experiencing the joy of training together. There's even some fireworks to celebrate their joy. The competition looked tough this episode with everyone trying to go for their best time.
Jan 22, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ everyone fell asleep at the video of Ekiden.

Each member is trying to improve and involved in advertising their team.

Not forgetting to play with firework while doing more practice.

The girl decided to enroll in their university.

Back to the real thing, and everyone except otaku guy doing well. It's still not enough even though everyone improved.

Main guy getting surprised by the black guy who does meditation in dark bathroom.

Otaku guy doesn't give up, though (his mental seems to grow up, too), and sensitive to eveyone's expression of worrying about him. He finally passed, so the team can go.

It's time next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 22, 2019 10:26 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, this episode had me both emotionally engaged and laughing. There are only a few that can do that.

It's really nice to see the team's chemistry, viewing together, having each other's back, comforting each other and strengthing each other. Crazy to think how the team was so disunited at the start. This show has team development.

Enjoyed seeing Prince managing to get in there with his resolve and the help of the team, it was a really touching scene.

The Musa part was hilarious.
Jan 22, 2019 12:10 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I cried a lot during Prince's triumph. Haiji crying had me crying even more.

Sound design once again was amazing, Prince realising that his friends will always be there with him no matter what happens, the thoughts will always be with him (being visualized by the drawings on his arms) <3

Prince is standing for himself now.
Jan 22, 2019 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
This episode had a mix of everything also that end part was lovely
Jan 22, 2019 12:54 PM

Feb 2017
He managed to get it on the last chance. I am so happy for Prince, the end almost made me cry.
All that training payed off.
Jan 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
To say that the build up for this episode has paid off would be an understatement. I experienced a wide range of emotions and even tears were welling up throughout the entire second half until I couldn't hold them anymore.

This series is fucking amazing ;_;

5/5 for Prince <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Mar 2017
I was really worried about Prince but he did it! Go, Prince! Also, Haiji crying was too much... T.T

I have already mentioned it on Crunchyroll and on YouTube, but Yuuki Hayashi, the composer, deserves some credit so I'm going to write about the musical cameo of this episode here as well. What we hear on the TV show about the Hakone Ekiden is in fact "Longing" from Haikyuu. Since Yuuki Hayashi composed music for both Haikyuu and Run with the Wind, it's quite a nice touch! If anyone is curious, here is the track. I was actually pretty confused since I immediately thought that I somehow turned on the wrong show. xD

Now, if Hayashi's "You Say Run" also made a cameo I would go crazy, I guess...
IrongrettaJan 22, 2019 1:27 PM
Jan 22, 2019 1:33 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Its pretty impressive someone who never ran seriously before in their life managed to run competitively, I hope they keep it realistic though, if he suddenly ends up faster than other members of the team it wont feel right.
Jan 22, 2019 1:42 PM

Sep 2015
I'm not sure what Musa is talking about, but if its about love he is a very bad wingman. lol
Jan 22, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
I am so happy for prince. I guess he worked really hard, heh :D And Haiji's eyes getting wet in the end of the episode for all the hard work he has put into it.. was so beautiful.

Everything seems to be going very well right now, i hope something doesn't happen.. although i am afraid for the drama purposes something might happen soon..
Jan 22, 2019 2:09 PM

Dec 2014
One of the best episode of the series so far. The closure of the camp, but more importantly ouji's growth. Musa being all sneaky with his secrets (probably about love).
Jan 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
go go prince, he grown up a bit
we see some fireworks so thats cool

Well...
Jan 22, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2017
My little Ouji-san did it! Such a great episode! It's so heart warming to see all the boys happy together and to finally realise that they're not alone anymore... they have each other no matter what! God, i love this anime!
Jan 22, 2019 2:32 PM
Discord Moderator
May 2016
The chemistry this cast has is far too good. Everything flows well no matter which person is being paired with which. The ending to this episode was absolutely magnificent. I assume the bubbles taking up the screen at the end were meant to represent the tears filling Haiji's eyes?

Jan 22, 2019 2:37 PM

Feb 2016
GO PRINCE GO!

Man this episode was so emotional, it had a wide variety of emotions on it I can't even describe them all lol. That ending had me in tears tho, Prince did it after all :')

Ost 10/10

5/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 22, 2019 4:11 PM
Jun 2016
hehe funny how the worst runner in the series is probably been the highlight seeing his growth to try to suceed has been so great :> Just a little each day, just a second faster every so often :>
Jan 22, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, so emotional. Couldn't hold back the tears. T.T

Prince running that final spurt, just internally screaming to himself "Forward! Forward! Forward!" was just so emotional, the tears just wouldn't stop flowing. T.T
When Haiji started tearing up at the end, I started tearing up even more. Price's triumph was such an inspiring scene.
I also love the little thing they did with Haiji looking at everyone and screen slowly bubbling up.

"Even though you run alone, you're not truly alone" sums up this episode so well. <3

The soundtrack was incredible once again, they really know when to put it in to make it hit the hardest.

Also, that Musa in the bath was hilarious. XD

Hakone already next episode?
Jan 22, 2019 5:10 PM

Mar 2018
This was probably the sweetest episode by far.
It starts off with the the team just being such good friends plus that fireworks scene? My heart clenched. I love them all.

Then we continue to see Prince work his ass off and at this point we see just how far he's actually come and to see him give it his all at his last chance and make it? Tears were shed. Him getting them to write 'forward' on his arm, so sweet. Plus seeing Haiji get choked up really got me.

I'm ready for the qualifiers and of course the angst that has to make its way back.
Jan 22, 2019 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
I'm with Haiji, that almost made me cry. Very powerful and beautiful episode.
Jan 22, 2019 5:20 PM

Jul 2017
No tears nor emotions felt from me. However, it was a damn good episode with a great payoff for the weeks of buildup for Prince.
Jan 22, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2015
That was an emotional run by Prince, I almost got teary eyed watching it especially with that "forward" word to encourage him. He sure has great teammates.

I hope they win that race and not give us a second place outcome, after all they've done to prepare.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 22, 2019 5:24 PM

Nov 2018
Haiji crying was an amazing thing to see tbh
Jan 22, 2019 5:31 PM

May 2008
I don't know, personally I didn't really enjoy this episode as much as I did the others. The pacing was all over the place and the animation was also way below average.
On the other hand Ouji is probably my favourite character in this so ofc I appreciate the focus they gave him. And the last shot of Haiji... awwww T__T
Jan 22, 2019 6:39 PM

Dec 2016
For me, it was a wonderful episode because I could finally see Prince getting his official time in a very moving way ♥

After all, the build up during these previous episodes really payed off in the end, now they all can go to the eliminatories and hopefully, to the Hakone Ekiden!

P.S: My poor Haiji! he got really emotional after seeing Prince's achievement. Not to mention that the way he was surronded by his teammates at the end felt really touching as well.
Jan 22, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2016
Please, give Prince a medal or something, he deserves it.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 22, 2019 7:40 PM

Jul 2016
Another great episode. The interactions between the characters were definitely on point. Not to mention that it was very nice to see them all so focused on their goal. They really have become in a family, encouraging and comforting each other all the time. What can I say... I really like how the story has developed so far.

And regarding Prince, I'm so happy for him, to think that he was so out of shape at the beginning of the show and now he finally could get his official time. The last scene with him running while encouraging himself was quite moving. Not to mention that having Haiji crying at the end made Prince's achievement even more touching.

All in all, incredible episode. I can't wait to see their participation in the qualifiers next episode.

P.S.: Oh thanks God!! King, you finally corrected your posture!!!
Jan 22, 2019 7:45 PM
Mar 2015
Forward Prince You did it
Jan 22, 2019 8:52 PM

Sep 2017
What an awesome moment when Prince finally beat the time. He really has come far. From the perspective of someone who knows basically nothing about running I think they made it pretty believable. They went through so much training as shown by the semi montage in the first half of the ep and Prince was even going out running on his own. Of course they had to make him pass at the last possible track meet (unless I misunderstand the calendar)for some dramatic effect, but it was well deserved anyway.
Jan 22, 2019 9:47 PM

Aug 2014
This series continues to impress me as I really enjoyed this episode
Jan 22, 2019 11:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm NGL.....The last few minutes of this episode had me tearing up a little lol....Man I'm so happy for Ouji-san TwT
Jan 23, 2019 12:47 AM
Aug 2011
Once again, some really neat things are being in the visual department.
I'm talking about Haiji's lip quivering to watching everyone else from his perspective meanwhile the screen becomes glossy/distorted due to his tears.
Jan 23, 2019 3:11 AM

Jan 2018
Damn it got dramatic at the end

5/5 episode
Jan 23, 2019 3:34 AM
Oct 2018
Great to see Takeru have some fun with these guys. And prince made it to the officials!
Jan 23, 2019 5:30 AM

Feb 2014
Ouji really did it. He made Haiji's dream come true. What a turn of events
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 23, 2019 5:48 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
While being able to improve that much in that time span is unlikely, Prince's growth was done really well. I felt a sense of accomplishment with him. As Prince started running, I knew he'd succeed, but I still felt emotional about the race. Already crying before he had reached the goal.

stand said:
Once again, some really neat things are being in the visual department.
I'm talking about Haiji's lip quivering to watching everyone else from his perspective meanwhile the screen becomes glossy/distorted due to his tears.

I agree! Such good direction.
Jan 23, 2019 6:38 AM

Mar 2016
I just noticed how pale Ouji is compared to the other characters.

He really got a lot faster than before. There were actually people behind him!

I am worried about Haiji. Really hope he stays well.

It was hard to figure out when exactly did the Tokyo scenes of their practice took place in this episode. I am guessing it happened after the camp.

Breathless Ouji sounds so real that it makes me feel exhausted as well. Can't believe he was voiced by Irino Miyu, who always makes me feel calm.
Jan 23, 2019 9:31 AM
Sep 2015
shiro_kai said:
I'm not sure what Musa is talking about, but if its about love he is a very bad wingman. lol

Not trying to sound like a BL shipper (though I actually am), the thing Musa mention in the bathtub, that Kakeru didn't notice because he's always on the front, so it has to be something that happen behind Kakeru and beyond Musa, is probably that..... Haiji is running very closely behind Kakeru.
Jan 23, 2019 9:32 AM
Mar 2017
Did anyone notice that they recycled a Haikyuu OST in the first part?
I had to laugh really hard as that one guy said that it's really well edited.
Jan 23, 2019 12:17 PM
Apr 2015
phantomfandom said:
shiro_kai said:

Not trying to sound like a BL shipper (though I actually am), the thing Musa mention in the bathtub, that Kakeru didn't notice because he's always on the front, so it has to be something that happen behind Kakeru and beyond Musa, is probably that..... Haiji is running very closely behind Kakeru.

Thank you! I've been looking for this answer since finished watching this ep. XD
Jan 23, 2019 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
Kakeru's character made a complete turn around, Prince gave it his all, they all made it to the qualifier, feels nice
Jan 23, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2016
Haiji trying to get them pumped for the race with the video and they all fell asleep, lmfao.
Musa shitting Kakeru up lol. The part in the bath where Musa left something unsaid, I really hope it's explained around a Musa episode, he deserves one, but...
I suspect it might actually be something twin-centric, the OP video foreshadowing is still in my mind & given they run behind Kakeru, but usually in front of Musa.
Prince did it, he did it and nearly made me cry, so awesome.
This show is amazing.
JokerVenturaJan 23, 2019 4:16 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Dec 2016
PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 23, 2019 3:30 PM
Oct 2016
This episode definitely had some of my favorite moments of the entire series, especially Prince's run for his official record.

It takes a LOT to get me to tear up at things, but from the moment that Prince held out his arm and asked them to write something, that got me. And his push to finish, success, and the way they did Haiji's tearing up all added to that.

Beautiful work. I look forward to seeing where they go from here. More forward.
Jan 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
shiro_kai said:

omg I'm so glad someone else took it that way. Cuz I was trying to think about what he could possibly referring to and all I could think was it had something to do with love because he said 'ah to be young' and if hes running in the front its referring to someone behind him, and that must be Haiji because in the previous episode when Haiji asked if Kakeru had a gf that all seemed like they were hinting at something there.
idk if I'm looking at it through a Bl lense or what. I might be biased, but that's just how it seemed to me~
Jan 23, 2019 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
Gosto muito como a evolução do Príncipe não foi algo repentino, e sim algo gradativo. De fato esse anime foi um dos melhore de 2018 entre os da categoria esportiva.
Jan 23, 2019 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
This is such a wonderful episode!
All of them made it to the qualifiers!
and for sure Haiji cried-up there!
5/5.

You did it PRINCE! YOU DID IT!!! MAE NI!!!
Hayashi's OST is really top tier!
matias067Jan 23, 2019 10:06 PM

Jan 24, 2019 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
What a wholesome episode! Tans, shirtless moments, fireworks, funny moments, and a lot of team chemistry; it was magical! I got a bit worried about Prince, but I never doubted him, and I feel proud. The way the episode ended, with Haiji's tears, was beautiful! They have come far, but their battle is far from over.
Jan 24, 2019 6:16 AM

Oct 2015
I think the pacing of this show is a bit weird. It was really slow on the first half but is picknig up the pace in the 2nd half. Would have liked it better if the pace was established better
Jan 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Feb 2007
No one stops Haiji from giving his speech. :D

Record aside, it was especially great to see Prince actually pass other runners on the way there. ^_^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2018

95 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.