Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, a chance to deepen friendship for members of the photography club? Nice.

Definitely an important episode for everyone to connect with each other especially Hitomi. Between her and Kurumi, I think they are developing a good relationship too.

Keep it up Hitomi. Wonder what she plans to tell the others next episode.
Nov 16, 2018 10:07 AM

Apr 2010
So Kurumi seems to have a bit of a inferiority complex towards here sister since she doesn't know what she wants unlike her sister.
Still it was nice the see the episode being dedicated towards her.
Hitomi seems to be developing as well.
Nov 16, 2018 11:06 AM

Jul 2017
Man screw Hitomi let's just have the whole show about photography /s

PA Works really stepped up their game with the visuals. That background at the end looked amazing
Nov 16, 2018 11:09 AM

Apr 2016
They made quite a lot of photos with Hitomi, so it would be a shame if she one day disappeared from those photos ...
Nov 16, 2018 11:10 AM

Feb 2017
Aversa said:
So Kurumi seems to have a bit of a inferiority complex towards here sister since she doesn't know what she wants unlike her sister.
Still it was nice the see the episode being dedicated towards her.
Hitomi seems to be developing as well.

Episode was kind of weird I thought we were going get a conclusion to Hitomi’s colorblind

Mod Edit: Removed answer to deleted post
NoLiferSoulNov 22, 2018 3:38 AM

Nov 16, 2018 12:01 PM

Jul 2017
Pleasant episode about developing friendships and getting to know more about Kurumi.
Nov 16, 2018 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
This one was mostly about Kurumi, and Chigusa. She was afraid, and feeling lost. She is passing through that hard time in which we feel a lot of pressure to decide our future, but since there's nothing she's really passionate about, it's no wonder she got discouraged. But Hitomi, and Chigusa gave her support, and she's fine again.

I really like the part they left their heavy baggage behind, and just ran after that ship. Hitomi also lost her ability to see colors soon, but now she is finally ready to share her problem with everyone so something is bound to change. The drawing Yuito showed her was really beautiful too.
Nov 16, 2018 12:34 PM

Mar 2017
So getting her colours back wasn't permanent. I somewhat guessed that was going to be the case.
So this episode focused more on Kurumi.
Aoi's drawing was beautiful. And showing it to Hitomi. It's like they share a unique bond between them now.

So Hitomi is taking the next step. She'll tell everyone about her problem in next episode.
Nov 16, 2018 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode.
I'm really enjoying how the characters interact with each other, and how the relationships blend into the bigger scene.
Ain't those two cute?! :3
Nov 16, 2018 2:37 PM

Feb 2014
It's a shame that Hitomi lost the ability to see colours so soon after she was able to see it last week. Still, she's now ready to tell everyone else about her problem at last, with thanks from Kohaku for giving her the courage to tell the rest of the club members about her colour-less vision.

A lot of the focus of this episode went on Kurumi and Chigusa, whose interactions between the two are certainly amusing. Kurumi might be feeling pressured about her exams and what she wants to do with her future, but with her friends around her as well as the person she looks up to, her older sister, I'm sure she'll be fine. =)

One of my favourite moments of the episode was when the group dashed to the bridge to try and take the picture of the cruise ship. Not only was the animation of them running flawlessly consistent, the background visuals when the harbour came into view at night time looked visually stunning. I'm hoping that P.A Works compile another art book featuring all the background art of this show. =3

Great episode, overall. ^_^
Nov 16, 2018 2:46 PM

May 2010
Oof this anime is boring.
Good animation is not everything.
Nov 16, 2018 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
Eh, so last week was a troll, at least some mystery remains. I am not really into photo stuff so this episode was a bit boring to me with all the focus on it but otherwise it was okay.
Nov 16, 2018 4:11 PM
Apr 2016
It was heavily focused on Kurumi, while she is a genuinely important character, it was boring nonetheless. Hoping the next episode will deliver more attention on Hitomi instead of side characters.
Nov 16, 2018 4:21 PM

Feb 2016
Okay, so we are back at square one with Hitomi's Colors, I knew it was too good to be even true.

At least the episode focused more on the side characters.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 16, 2018 5:22 PM
Mar 2015
Even though he is centered on Kuruimi Chigusa can only make progress with his drawing from Hitomi's inspiration and Hitomi can only see Chigusa's colors
Nov 16, 2018 5:42 PM

Jul 2017
Wait, what?! Hitomi lost her colors again after that? Seriously, why is that?

Looks like this episode is focusing more on Kurumi. Glad that Hitomi and Chigusa was able to help her with her inferiority complex regarding her sister.

Some nice development for Hitomi as well since she even laughed once in this episode and she's finally going to admit her being color-blind to her friends.

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Nov 16, 2018 6:21 PM

Oct 2015
I can't believe Hitomi can't see color again, I really thought we way past that. I wonder what triggered her to see it and lose it again.

I think I can guess what she's going to tell them, and that is that she cannot see color that is the reason she asked what does the view look like.

This episode also focused a bit on Kurumi's uncertain career path in which she's considering photography as a choice. I really love seeing Chigusa and her having those silly moments, but this time Chigusa was on a comforting side and became mature a bit there.

I still wonder what are they going to do since the ship has sailed.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 16, 2018 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
I thought she already told everybody she was colorblind. Did I misinterpret something?

lihle808 said:
I can't believe Hitomi can't see color again, I really thought we way past that. I wonder what triggered her to see it and lose it again.

If I had to take a guess it would be her happiness and state of mind. She was really happy at that point due to her earlier conversation at the bus stop.
Nov 16, 2018 6:35 PM

Dec 2016
Aoi is such a good artist :) Love every piece he made so far. And it's sweet that he shares his drawings to Hitomi first ^^

So it's about time Hitomi reveals her eyesight to all photography members. I have a feeling they will react ok and help her out more from now on ;)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 16, 2018 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

So Hitomi lost her colors again? It'd be nice if they start investigating this phenomenon of how Hitomi can see colors in Aoi's drawing and how she regained them to only lose them again.

Anyways, I guess Kurumi and Chigusa were the main focus of this episode. I liked the scene where the two of them along with Kohaku and Hitomi were running on the bridge. Felt a little reminiscent of Sora Yori but not as charming. I did really like Chigusa giving Kurumi some support that things will eventually come together for her.
I love the fact that Chigusa has an entire album of Kurumi pictures and the fact the latter doesn't mind at all. I so ship these two. xD

Hitomi's finally gonna reveal her color blindness to the rest of the gang.
Nov 16, 2018 7:09 PM

Aug 2017
An episode dedicated to Kurumi. Hitomi lost the ability to see colours again lol. It seems that she'll reveal that in the next episode.
NurguburuNov 16, 2018 7:28 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 16, 2018 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
such a melody ship anime hmmm liked it thus .... finally she confirms with the friends.... maybe she will not go back....
Nov 16, 2018 7:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It should be a crime for PA Works to be able to maintain these gorgeous visuals....Damn

As for the episode, I am really liking the small little romantic steps that some of the ships are taking and I'm especially liking how open Hitomi is becoming around these kids now

Also, the big sister is truly awesome indeed
Nov 16, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2010
the pairings :o mildly getting bored of the anime tho
Nov 16, 2018 8:04 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Very nice episode!

Oddly enough, this was a Kurumi-focused episode but it was a nice change of pace overall. It seems like career deciding has got her flustered and the fact that her sister and two other club members have already decided on what to do in the future puts some pressure on her. It’s great to see Hitomi and Chigusa pull her out of her troubling mindset and finally give her the vital push she needed. Maybe now she can finally pass her tests, lol.
On another note, the whole bunch gathering up together for a Summer Camp was nice to see! Way to go, new President and Vice-President, lol those were some hilarious scenes! Yuito and Hitomi seem to share a unique relationship now and it’s nice to see both of our lead characters developing. It was a really cool picture too, keep it up Yuito! He’s finally found himself a motivation to work harder. Granny Kohaku and Hitomi scenes were to nice to see too! Hitomi’s got herself an iPad now too, just recalled this in the nick of time. Sound Department of this episode was great too despite only a few osts playing in the background and the Animation was glorious as always, thank you P.A. Works!

All in all, a pretty fine episode and looks like there’ll be a confession next episode so I’m looking forward to seeing how that goes!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 16, 2018 8:25 PM

Nov 2017
- hohoho... Asagi and Hitomi become club president candidates...
- So, Hitomi finally reveal that she cant see colors to their clubmates.
gubruikertje said:
Oof this anime is boring.
Good animation is not everything.

- P.A Works doesnt good at comedy or shounen battle... but their good at Drama
Now Loading.....
Nov 16, 2018 9:26 PM

Feb 2015
Hitomi's colors didn't last too long. Kurumi can be seen studying hard for an exam and her sister appeared, she's a pastry chef that studied abroad .The club prepared the camp of the year, they went to the camping place, took some photos, Chigusa and Kurumi talked about her feelings (insecurities about her future) and later with Hitomi about how much she admire her sister, and that she doesn't really fell passion for something. Hitomi and Yuito encountered in the beach and he showed her his new drawing, which let her see color again for a moment. Chigusa was planning to take a photoshoot of a ferry that was going to pass under a bridge, but somehow they got late, so they didn't get it before the ferry disappeared, they ended up photographing the city by night.

Absolutely Kurumi episode, this episode felt like Kurumi is the fragile girl now, despite Hitomi and Asagi have had their own episodes. Here we discover who Kurumi is, she is a confused girl about her future, just like a lot of young people fell when they have to do the big choice of what they are gonna do the rest of their lives. I appreciated how this topic is treated and how secure people can make someone like Kurumi wobble in her thoughts. Chigusa and her have a beautiful relationship. There's a scene where Hitomi and Kohaku are talking in a room and a part where Kohaku is laying in the bed and somehow she took a posture that is weirdly animated.
Atlas77Nov 16, 2018 9:30 PM
Nov 16, 2018 10:46 PM

May 2018
*clap* *clap* nice work P.A Works, for the troll, nice work. Seems they didn't made it easy for hitomi, huh ? -_-)

So, this week is centered on Kurumi-senpai. Yes, she is very fit with Chigusa, and I always love to see when they together at some scenes. I understand her inferiority. I mean, she's among peoples who have dreams, while she didn't have any thought for that.

But in the end, she found it, although at first I think she want to be a model, after Chigusa show bunch pictures of her.
Nov 16, 2018 10:48 PM

Mar 2016
Now that I think about it, why is she keeping the fact that she can't see colours a secret? People with colourblindness don't keep that a secret even though it's much harder to understand.

I want to pull Aoi's chubby cheeks. lol!

The way they use colours in this anime is so beautiful.

I was worried that Hitomi won't be able to see the colours in Aoi's drawing. A sigh of relief had escaped me when she did.
Nov 17, 2018 7:02 AM

Nov 2016
Hitomi lost her ability to see colors again, I honestly didn't have that possiblityon the radar, but it makes sense at this point.

And about time for her to speak out the whole truth.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2018 7:13 AM
Jan 2017
Shirasho said:
I thought she already told everybody she was colorblind. Did I misinterpret something?

lihle808 said:

If I had to take a guess it would be her happiness and state of mind. She was really happy at that point due to her earlier conversation at the bus stop.

I could've sworn she told them before, like back in ep 3 or 4.
Nov 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
thehund said:
Shirasho said:

If i remember correctly, she just told everyone she is from future.
Nov 17, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2017
So it's confirmed that Hitomi hasn't told them about the colorblindness yet. So then what was the thing a few episodes back when prez brought all brown food over to their get together and Asagi got jealous as if he had brought dull looking food for Hitomi's sake. Eh, whatever.

I'm really into the Kurumi/Chigusa ship, so this episode was pretty good for me. I hope we are able to wrap up the other relationships by the end of this series.

I thought it was strange to have Hitomi's colors get taken away immediately after having them come back last episode. I guess the magic of the gold fish or whatever doesn't last very long. She's finally got tell the group anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if they all dropped a "yeah, we know."
Nov 17, 2018 12:15 PM
May 2017
It feels rewarding to watch the girls overcoming their complexes.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 17, 2018 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
Okay, so this is only going to make sense to those who have seen Just Because! but does Kawai (the glasses club member) remind anyone else of Komiya? Because I swear they're the same person.

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Nov 17, 2018 2:01 PM

Dec 2016
Kurumi and Chigusa need to just tell each other their feelings already lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 18, 2018 3:07 AM
Nov 2016
Well, seems like Hitomi will be telling everyone else about her colourblindness and I think we can officially say that the ChigusaXKurumi ship is sailing
Nov 18, 2018 6:06 AM
Jan 2017
kamil88 said:
thehund said:

If i remember correctly, she just told everyone she is from future.
That was after when her grandma joined the club.
Nov 18, 2018 6:04 PM
Mar 2017
Very enjoyable episode this week.
Members of the club have a field trip, on this trip Asagi is named as the new president and Hitomi is the new vicepresident of the art and photography club.
Kurumi seems worried about her future, since she does not know what she wants to do, this adds to the fact that her sister has a lot of success in her career as a patissiere, this makes Kurumi feel insecure. The good thing about this trip is that the boys and girls manage to form stronger bonds, Chigusa gets Kurumi to cheer up and look for what she wants to do in the future, Yuito manages to finish his new work and shows it to Hitomi who is amazed by the beautiful colors of Yuito's drawing.
Nov 18, 2018 8:31 PM
Mar 2018
I have a feeling that Hitomi grandfather is ... Yuito ! what do you think about it ?
Nov 18, 2018 10:18 PM

Nov 2009
Is it me or the last couple of episodes feel like nothing's happening? Like the show makes no headway, just going around in circles?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 19, 2018 11:10 AM
Jan 2016
So Hitome lost her colors again!

Kohaku make always an impact, once again motivating Hitomi!

Seems that this episode was focused more in Kunimi, and her interactions between Chigusa and Hitomi, both of them motivated her to stop having that inferiority complex to her sister, they developed Hitomi and Kunimi friendship, and the scene where Kunimi and Chigusa run in bridge where he motivated her was really awesome and cute, i ship Chigusa and Kunimi, their chemistry is awesome!

Aoi finally did a new drawing and showed to Hitomi, its always cool to see how happy she get!

Btw, Kunimi's sister is really beautifull, and Kunimi looks much like her!

And finally, seems that she will reveal to entire group about her colors!
Nov 19, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2015
CG said:
Is it me or the last couple of episodes feel like nothing's happening? Like the show makes no headway, just going around in circles?

No, I agree that it's been slow. We've more or less just seen a bunch of hanging out and taking pictures or long angsty conversations about the same stuff. Again and again. I like this show but they need to do a better job of coming up with new material that advances things.

Like, we get who crushes on whom and blah blah, we know people are thinking about the future (things that have already been made clear)...but what else? Nothing.

We didn't need another magical photo art club outing episode.
Nov 20, 2018 12:51 AM
Dec 2017
ProofByColor said:
So it's confirmed that Hitomi hasn't told them about the colorblindness yet. So then what was the thing a few episodes back when prez brought all brown food over to their get together and Asagi got jealous as if he had brought dull looking food for Hitomi's sake.

I really need an explanation for this

I swear Hitomi has told the others about her colorblindness rite?If not then wtf actually happened during that scene,or did I read into the scene wrongly?

I'd really appreciate if someone could shed light to this
DyendNov 20, 2018 12:57 AM
Nov 21, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
I'm so tired from Chigusa, can't stand this type of character..
Nov 22, 2018 12:00 AM

Jun 2007
Ttr3211 said:
ProofByColor said:
So it's confirmed that Hitomi hasn't told them about the colorblindness yet. So then what was the thing a few episodes back when prez brought all brown food over to their get together and Asagi got jealous as if he had brought dull looking food for Hitomi's sake.

I swear Hitomi has told the others about her colorblindness rite?If not then wtf actually happened during that scene,or did I read into the scene wrongly?

Currently the only one out of the group who knows is Yuito and Grandma. The brown food scene, I think, was only implying that because Hitomi likes monochrome photos the president went out of his way to make the food monochrome to win her over romantically. Kind of like when a girl likes rabbits and you go out of your way to bring her a rabbit stuffed animal. It's not entirely clear if he even did this on purpose or if what's her name was reading too much into it though.
Nov 22, 2018 7:39 AM
Dec 2017
DeathfireD said:
Ttr3211 said:

Currently the only one out of the group who knows is Yuito and Grandma. The brown food scene, I think, was only implying that because Hitomi likes monochrome photos the president went out of his way to make the food monochrome to win her over romantically. Kind of like when a girl likes rabbits and you go out of your way to bring her a rabbit stuffed animal. It's not entirely clear if he even did this on purpose or if what's her name was reading too much into it though.
Ahh I see,I do recall Hitomi mentioning that she prefers monochrome photos but I didn't really know what it meant and never bothered to check what the word means.That's why I was confused on why the girl was jealous about the food being brown or monochrome.Now I know why.

I honestly wasn't expecting someone to reply to my question since im kinda late to the thread so thanks for taking the time to make clear of the scene for me.
Nov 22, 2018 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
I'm going to be a little negative here despite this being the episode I liked the most so far, mostly due to it being about Kurumi and Chigusa, two characters I've grown to enjoy a surprising lot and are very cute in their interactions.

The thing is. We are in episode 7 and Hitomi is about to tell the entire group that she is color blind. This is significant character growth for her, so I'm okay with the timing. But what is the show going do to from now on? This bugs me because it's like there are two narratives the show is trying to develop with her condition and it is trying to reach emotional meaning for both. And I honestly don't know where does the show intend to be headed.

One of them is about her finding the reason why she's color blind and looking for a way to fix it. The other is about her accepting her achromatopsia and coming to terms with it.

I would be perfectly fine with the latter if the former didn't have so much focus and specific development in that direction already, and I would be perfectly fine with the former if the latter hadn't been framed as such a major character moment. It seems that the series wants to aim for both at the same time, and to a point and mostly in the long term, they are contradictory. You can't accept your condition and fight against it at the same time. The message this would build is quite confusing.

So basically I don't know what does this show want to do with Hitomi, seven episodes in. And that is a serious issue in its structure. Not the slow pacing, not the uneventful nature of the show, not even my own personal disinterest on the main character. This, that reveals a lack of a single established direction in the main narrative this far in the story.
jal90Nov 22, 2018 9:43 AM
Nov 23, 2018 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
So this episode has more flirting with Kurumi and Chigusa, and also a bit of alone together scene with Hitomi and Yuito, and his artwork is so flashy striking colors!
So on the end scene, Will she tell everyone her unusual condition of not seeing colors but in monochrome grayscale?
The impressive art on scene [05:27] is on a raytracing level of graphics art!
4/5.

Nov 24, 2018 12:01 AM

Apr 2015
Not into Kurumi's ship at all, while they talk a lot I don't feel any chemistry between them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

289 by bury133 »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

97 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

114 by basskiller »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.