Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2018 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Young people trying to enjoy fun in the mountains but runs into trouble...

Nowhere is safe. Nowhere.
Sep 28, 2018 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
yo, this was an awesome and creepy episode. I noticed that the story tellers voice at the beginning sounded way more creepy than usual.

the episode itself was scary. When that hand appeared I jumped fuck. creepy ass ending too

But, terrible season overall. This was the only good episode. 2/10
Sep 28, 2018 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
What a way to end this season of Yama no Susume.
Sep 28, 2018 10:28 PM
Jun 2016
Klad said:
yo, this was an awesome and creepy episode. I noticed that the story tellers voice at the beginning sounded way more creepy than usual.

the episode itself was scary. When that hand appeared I jumped fuck. creepy ass ending too

that ending gave me the chillls...:> Most of the time I wonder why I bother with this show, then we get a couple of good ones like that :>
Sep 28, 2018 10:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the echo mixed with fog in the mountains can be dangerous!!! kekeke

Well, irregular season in general, but acceptable!!!
Sep 29, 2018 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
Mountains are scary.
Sep 29, 2018 5:08 AM

Sep 2016
When the mysterious voice said "I'm here. I'm here" at the end, the video stuck. Right when her eyes were bulging out from fear. Gosh. Good thing I didn't watch this at midnight. Then I might not be the only one watching in my bedroom.
Sep 29, 2018 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
Well it's not bad but not really good either, just decent.
Season 7 when?
Sep 29, 2018 9:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The only episode I actually liked. Not as bad as the fourth season, but close enough.

2/10
Sep 29, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2011
wow the jumpscare was nice, the quick echo adds to the creepiness. That Eriko girl though, I get she's outgoing and want to be nice and friendly but if she's not physically strong enough to defend herself, especially for a girl, it's better not to respond to a guy deep in the mountain like that. Gotta be a little more self aware, you know.

This season is pretty good overall, a lot of poor writing still and maybe some episodes were more emotional than scary but it's a satisfying watch. Still reused a lot of setup scenarios though, especially characters doing dumb things as per usual in these horror flicks.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 29, 2018 5:57 PM

May 2008
Klad said:

Only one? You maybe miss some episode. 2/10 is to low...
Sep 30, 2018 7:21 AM

Jan 2015
Creepy episode. And the storyteller's voice was creepy too. Next season after one year again I think xD.
Oct 5, 2018 3:25 PM

May 2018
............WHAT?...............

2/5
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Oct 6, 2018 1:40 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Crap. When the Storyteller started off with that whisper, I was like, "Hoo shit, that's mad creepy". This type of episode is the creepiest because you don't really know what will happen. Like, maybe they'll become like the folks stuck in the fog, or maybe they'll hightail it. But damn it was creepy.
Like, it's one of those things that makes you think like, "Damn, I'm not going up to the mountains anytime soon-- not gonan try to echo either". Shooot.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 8, 2018 3:23 PM

Jun 2013
This was an okay season but overall I really like Yami Shibai franchise.
Dec 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Oct 2015
Probably the shittiest installment to the franchis to date and here I thought it would make a comeback after how good last season was
Jan 21, 2019 12:22 AM
Aug 2017
this is episode was so awesome! A nice ending to the season too. I hope there is another season coming out soon
Mar 30, 2019 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
Kinda disappointing to have the Stroyteller give an extra creepy whisper delivery of the start up line to follow it with simply just an normal episode of Yami Shibai. Don't get me wrong, it was fine, but previous seasons have had finales that actually dealt with like, the lore of the character, so when alter the framing device naturally you're going to be expecting some continuation on that front.

Anyway, the episode was fine. I think the use of echoes was effective at creating an unsettling atmosphere and the 'Jump Scare' with her friend grabbing her shoulder was a pretty good bait and switch. Not really sure her ending up being caught at the end was necessary, and it's kinda confusing that it seems framed around that one specifically getting the short end of the stick, as it seems the friend who was actually doing the yelling was getting off scott-free I don't know, I like to think both of them at least met horrible fates, but considering the yeller didn't seem to experience the figures like her friends, that's kinda doubtful.

Overall, this was probably my favorite season of Yami Shibai honestly. I haven't seen Yami Shibai's first season in about five years, so my memory on it isn't fresh, but it's certainly it's only competition. What I remember about the first season, is that it was the only season capable of effectively building tension throughout it's episodes. Not all of them were winners, but a good chunk where really good at the build-up, in a way that future seasons never were (only a few episodes since then have been good at it). But I also remember it being really repetitive, every episode had the same boom jump-scare, about to die type of ending, and I felt that some of the jump scares actually detracted from a few of the episodes.

Season 6 certainly isn't as good as a horror show, so I can understand those who expect that from it would be disappointed. But 6 has a lot more variety in it than any other season, since it included stories with different emotional ranges/conclusions, some of them could be sad/heartwarming. The hospital episode was still essentially a horror one, but with an ending where the victim survived. And then the rest were comprised of the typical horror affairs. One of the reason Yami Shibai's horror faltered for me, even in season one, was because the endings where always the same, and it was harder to invested in any story where I essentially knew the outcome going in, so having episodes with survival, messes with your expectations. Granted, I don't think the horror ones where as good as the horror ones in the first season.

But then again, I'm a person who greatly values internal variety in my media. In this season is easily the most varied within it's stories. And also, I do think a lot of the sadder emotional ones were well constructed, as were a few of the horror ones. The only major issue I have with this season is that the first two episodes were absolute garbage. But yeah, ultimately, my favorite season of Yami Shibai, I'd actually be down for a seventh season if one were to ever happen. Which is might, I'm a little surprised it's gotten to six to be honest.
Jun 24, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2015
This was scary and better than the others, I would be freaked out too if someone unknown was echoing at a distance.

Overall these were nice, but not that scary. In fact some were emotional and sentimental than horrific.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 4, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2010
Decent Episode. This is the first time I have ever seen a horror story about echo and well it might be a good idea for some disturbing short or maybe even a movie?

Well exectued.

Terrestrious said:

Overall, this was probably my favorite season of Yami Shibai honestly. I haven't seen Yami Shibai's first season in about five years, so my memory on it isn't fresh, but it's certainly it's only competition. What I remember about the first season, is that it was the only season capable of effectively building tension throughout it's episodes. Not all of them were winners, but a good chunk where really good at the build-up, in a way that future seasons never were (only a few episodes since then have been good at it). But I also remember it being really repetitive, every episode had the same boom jump-scare, about to die type of ending, and I felt that some of the jump scares actually detracted from a few of the episodes.

Season 6 certainly isn't as good as a horror show, so I can understand those who expect that from it would be disappointed. But 6 has a lot more variety in it than any other season, since it included stories with different emotional ranges/conclusions, some of them could be sad/heartwarming. The hospital episode was still essentially a horror one, but with an ending where the victim survived. And then the rest were comprised of the typical horror affairs. One of the reason Yami Shibai's horror faltered for me, even in season one, was because the endings where always the same, and it was harder to invested in any story where I essentially knew the outcome going in, so having episodes with survival, messes with your expectations. Granted, I don't think the horror ones where as good as the horror ones in the first season.

Easily. Granted that I have only seen the first 3 and this one, but this one is definitely the strongest along with the first one. Much more varied and interesting. Not every horror story needs to end in a bad way. If we gonna look at some classical horror stories some of them end in a good/okay way. Some of the horror stories were just intended to be a warning.

I am also pretty done with all those jumpscares. They got old pretty fast, no matter what build-up they have. Some of those episodes were much more terryfing on a emotional level and made me feel uneasy. Something that jumpscares never can achieve. There is a reason why most horror connoisseurs hold jumpscares in a low regard. Same with a twist endings - they plagues horror cinema for some time and oversaturated the whole market.
Sep 13, 2019 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
tearofmankind said:

Easily. Granted that I have only seen the first 3 and this one, but this one is definitely the strongest along with the first one. Much more varied and interesting. Not every horror story needs to end in a bad way. If we gonna look at some classical horror stories some of them end in a good/okay way. Some of the horror stories were just intended to be a warning.

4 is the worst season of the show (mostly due to having the entire story narrated, completely detaching me from the story at least) but 5 isn't *awful*. I only recall liking a small handful of episodes but I do feel the need to give 5 credit where it's due, it started the trend of different endings. 6 featured more variance in it's conclusion and featured more of those type of stories in general, but 5 had at least two of the top of my head. I wrote in the final episode thread that I only liked four episodes that season, but still.

I am also pretty done with all those jumpscares. They got old pretty fast, no matter what build-up they have. Some of those episodes were much more terryfing on a emotional level and made me feel uneasy. Something that jumpscares never can achieve. There is a reason why most horror connoisseurs hold jumpscares in a low regard. Same with a twist endings - they plagues horror cinema for some time and oversaturated the whole market.

Yeah definitely. Jump scares are just about startling than actually scaring.
Jan 18, 2020 8:50 AM

May 2016
I went ahead and watched the entirety of this season with my mother since she was looking for something similar to the Junji Ito Collection for a while now and it was okay at most. The variety of the stories made it kind of a hit-or-miss situation especially when it comes to the scary parts. It was pretty fun discussing about what the hell happened in some episodes and it's amusing how she predicted the twist ending most of the time lmao

First season is still the best one. This wasn't the worst season but it's not really good enough to rank above the middle tier. I'll admit that I felt pretty tense at the build-up of some episodes though~

Aug 20, 2020 3:21 PM

Jun 2017
This season was nearly as good as Season 1! what a marvelous recovery! :D

although I honestly didn't understand this episode's idea :/.
Dec 28, 2021 2:15 AM

Feb 2020
That was creepy.

This season was almost as good as season 1. I think the seasons 2-5 were more or less boring, so this was a pleasant surprise.

SerafosMay 23, 2022 6:38 AM
Jun 19, 2022 11:52 AM

Feb 2021
That was fucking creepy!

This was one of the best seasons. Almost as good as S1!

7/10

Sep 23, 2022 6:12 AM

Oct 2019
This season like many of the others didnt really have the horror i was expecting but this really felt like they were doing a change up on us.
This episode was definitely a scary one ill admit.
I feel like several of these eps were somewhat sad or showed human emotions more. Social anxiety, bullying from friends, a wife who wants the door left open for her dog, and a mother and daughter meeting in the afterlife.
Sad there was no finale ep. Like i said, much of the season scary for me but there did feel like a change up which in some of the stories which was ok. This season gets a 4/10.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Oct 18, 2022 6:29 PM
Mar 2019
If you are here, then you'll probably like these.
I just give a 6 to most seasons, nothing special but watchable.
Feb 1, 2023 10:18 AM

Feb 2014
Ok, this was a pretty bad season, not a single epsidoe was scary, and most of them left several things unexplained.
Oct 22, 2023 7:04 AM
Aug 2022
Holly fack that was scary as faaacckkk!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 3 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

10 by Anhahin »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

18 by Anhahin »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

14 by Punkero »»
Feb 1, 2023 9:17 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 2 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

10 by Punkero »»
Feb 1, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 6 Episode 4 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 9, 2018

13 by perdanamenteri »»
Oct 22, 2022 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.