Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2018 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Glad to see Oono and Haro spend some alone time together and it's not even at an arcade.

Felt like one of the less exciting episodes imo and pacing slowed down a little. However, I'm just glad everyone is still in good spirits. I like where Oono and Haruo's relationship is going especially with the hand holding scene :>
Sep 7, 2018 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
FAILED Entrance exams well it was expected thought .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 9, 2018 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
Tbh, I don't remember this part in the manga.
But we're definitely heading towards one ship, which is sad for the other girl, but it can't be helped.

I dread the day when this has to end. For I love both Oono and Hidaka. All laughs will be sad and all tears will be happy.
Argh I don't know how to think about it.
Sep 9, 2018 10:02 PM
Aug 2018
Hey, anyone got that link for the English subs for us scrubs? They're lacking again it seems.
Sep 9, 2018 10:34 PM
Jun 2007
L0G1CK said:
Hey, anyone got that link for the English subs for us scrubs? They're lacking again it seems.

Doesn't seem like they're out yet from /a/non so you'll either need to wait or watch it raw.
Sep 10, 2018 9:27 AM

Feb 2018
Best relatgionship Ono x Haru
Sep 12, 2018 9:12 AM
Aug 2017
Cillu said:
L0G1CK said:

Doesn't seem like they're out yet from /a/non so you'll either need to wait or watch it raw.

where can i watch it raw.
Sep 12, 2018 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
why the hell is it taking so long to be subbed?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 13, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
Fuck me, this atrocious CG turned out to be the most charming romance in a long time and a show I'm actually looking forward to each week. From J.C.S. nonetheless. What is this madness...

On a more serious note, I'm actually kind of glad Haruo failed the entrance exam. Everything going smoothly at that point would reek of happy-go-lucky bullshit and would remove any weight past episodes had.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 13, 2018 2:28 PM
Mar 2015
Seeing from the list number on the announcement board.. I guess he failed at the entrance exam.. too bad for him
Sep 13, 2018 2:32 PM
Mar 2018
i think he failed at test and it was somewhat expected. but i hope they both will change their schools if that nigga fails. this episode was great.
Sep 13, 2018 3:49 PM

Jan 2015
I love and adore this series, and I love and adore Ono and Haruo... The way he makes her feel, every blush and expression he elicits from her, makes me smile from ear to ear. It both warms and breaks my heart to see how perfect they truly are for each other, clashed with the thought that obstacles will always find a way to get in between them. This episode actually got me misty-eyed, seeing how happy Ono was to learn how happy Haruo was to spend so much time experiencing so many new games, with her. Dammit, man!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 13, 2018 4:11 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was so cute and well done, I really love this development.
Sep 13, 2018 4:18 PM
Nov 2016
Well there has been some real character development for Haruo. Comparing from how he used to be an autistic screeching narcissist at the beginning. Haruo actually maturing is nice to see.

I can appreciate that Haruo didn't pass, otherwise the direction could've been heading downhill. And I do not want to see this show become a trainreck, CG shows get enough flak already.
weed lol
Sep 13, 2018 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
Haruo resolution, the music and the slow appearing of the results at the ending was really beautiful (and hard to handle T_T).
They made something really touching with just the minimal.
shiro_kaiSep 13, 2018 6:45 PM
Sep 13, 2018 5:15 PM
Mar 2018
Blackbird said:
FAILED Entrance exams well it was expected thought .

So that's how these boards work, never saw that in detail in an anime before.

Well, they have to fill three more epsiodes and drama is always a good way to fill an episode (I could've used the *cough* joke now as an ironic example, but there are so many examples that I would just die from all that coughing)
Sep 13, 2018 5:19 PM
Mar 2018
shiro_kai said:
Haruo resolution, the music and the slow appearing of the results at the ending was really beatiful (and hard to handle T_T).
They made something really touching with just the miminal.

Yeah kinda weird that one the best and the most touching episode has the least gaming in it. But tbh the whole surreptitious gaming advertising was the least favourite thing for me. I'm just here for the fun of the anime not some prehistoric twitch moments...
Sep 13, 2018 6:58 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, surprisingly cute episode. I was looking forward to this show, but I didn't expect such a development.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2018 7:15 PM
Sep 2018
Really enjoying the anime, follows the manga pretty close too. Only 3 episodes left, not sure at what point it will end as the manga will end with volume 10. This episode was at around vol 6 or 7 I think
Sep 13, 2018 7:20 PM

Jul 2017
They did slow the pacing for this episode, but it was for the better.

Haruo really excelled as a character here with his development and this was a bloody great episode.

Him failing the entrance exams was pretty predictable tbh. No way a guy who never gave a shit about studying would make it to a big school with barely any time.

That kinda reminded me of another show I saw and loved to death.
Sep 13, 2018 7:31 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode! Virtual Fighter introduced, and I was very happy to see it, cuz I remember playing it in the arcade X3 Also Playstation and Sega Saturn was mentioned. Nice! I would be super happy if Dreamcast will also be introduced. So what is/are the next console they will talk about? :D Can't wait to find out!

The moment in the limosine was very sweet ^^ If only Ono talked, but we love her anyways. She really doesn't need to talk at all, her actions and caring is what matters the most :)

So Haruo failed? Can't say I wasn't expecting. Getting away from our comfort zone for days straight is though! His head was full in gaming mode that was consumed for all those years, but at least he tried his best to focus on his studies.
PurpleGirl203Sep 13, 2018 7:34 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 13, 2018 7:39 PM

Nov 2011
Damn...my man Yaguichi sacrificed everything and ended up with nothing. Dude...I hope this doesn't affect him that bad. I wonder what next's episode will deliver.

PurpleGirl203 said:
Getting away from our comfort zone for days straight is though! His head was full in gaming mode that was consumed for all those years, but at least he tried his best to focus on his studies.

It was Months he sacrificed. I mean yeah cramming in years of work in Months is still somewhat unrealistic but that makes his failure more impactful imo
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2018 8:12 PM

Feb 2017
Well, after the violent and cathartic episode 8 (and waiting for who knows how many days) comes this quiet and serene episode 9.

That last plane showing the test's results and missing Haruo's number was sad, almost poetic, but yeah a bit predictable, I wonder how things will get next episode.

By the way, Darkstalkers appears!!!!! How I love that game.
Sep 13, 2018 9:25 PM

Jun 2017
Ughhhhh that ending feelsbadd

being serious though, usually shows don't drag me around like this anymore. this is some real great stuff. too bad its prolly only a 1 cour :(
Sep 13, 2018 9:33 PM

Mar 2018
One of my favorites shows this season, that holding hand ending got me into tears, even though i've already read the manga
Sep 13, 2018 9:51 PM

May 2016
This is proof positive that good writing, direction and soundtrack work can overcome hard to watch CGI(which is either getting a lot better, or I'm getting used to it) :' )

5/5.
tywhoppitySep 13, 2018 10:16 PM
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 13, 2018 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, especially the last few minutes.
Sep 13, 2018 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
My favorite episode so far!

That holding hand scene was heartwarming, especially that it's Oono who initiated it. <3

Felt really sad that Haruo failed to succeed going to the same school with Oono.
He sacrificed his gaming addiction just to have time for studying, which he hates.
Well, people who worked hard are not always rewarded.
I wonder what will happen to this development.
Sep 14, 2018 2:13 AM

Mar 2014
Damn the way that ending just hits you when it shows the numbers and you look for Haruo's number and it's not there...
Sep 14, 2018 6:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh my, this was some serious feels Episode, especially towards the end. Oono and Haruho’s little scene in the limbo sure was touching and also heartbreaking all the same. I’m guessing Oono will probably be moving away for College and whatnot, so that’ll be saddening. I’m hoping that won’t be the case, but my fears are only being convinced by every passing episode since the 6th. On another note, Seeing Haruho fail in the end there though was predictable but hence all the more depressing. I hope this doesn’t take a toll on him.

I’m so glad I gave this show a try yesterday because I’m really enjoying it, despite the horrendous CGI Animation.

I’m looking forward to the next Episode! I wonder how many episodes of this show we’ll be getting but by the looks of it thus far, I’m assuming it’ll probably be 12/13(one cour).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 14, 2018 7:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sleeper of the season. so cute. Loved the scene were she holds his hand and then boom, we're hit at the end with finding out he didn't pass.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 14, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2017
Feelsbadman. I guess it's kinda expected, but it sucks after you know he basically did nothing but study for those months. Idk exactly how high school entrance exams work so maybe there's a re-test for near misses. Or he could just go to a school nearby. I don't think we we're told how far away this school actually is.
Sep 14, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2014
loots of oono and haruo development this episode..feel bad for the guy..I guess he didn't make it...
Sep 14, 2018 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
This show gets better and better. Also, brutal ending. T__T
Sep 14, 2018 9:38 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode!!!
This kind of romance is really one of a kind!
The mom of Haruo on this episode is very entertaining!
I thought Haruo is extremely dense, and then suddenly he had a script on this
episode -> "I will tell Oono my true feelings" ... Looks like i'm wrong after all!
Haruo didn't pass the exam...too bad! I wonder what's gonna happen next!?
5/5!

Sep 15, 2018 1:55 AM
Jan 2016
Aw dude, what the fuck?! He failed!

I was really confused there for a second, because it really seemed like a series finale until that final shot at the end of the episode.
I mean, if the series goes on, I ain't complainin. I fucking love this show.
Sep 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Feb 2018
finally, Ono touched Haruo's hand for the first time right? I thought when the scene in Haruo's car would reveal his feelings to Ono but Haruo was reluctant to say it, during the Haruo and Ono exams only the difference between two exam numbers was not a fortune, Haruo's passion was great he was willing to leave the game's routine and prefer to study in high school above the same as Ono, this enthusiasm that should be an example of where there is kamauan there is a road as heavy as any obstacle if done with the will then the obstacle is just a stone sling. Is that a ranking that passes the exam? if I see Haruo's number is not displayed.
Sep 15, 2018 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, very cute and really compelling.

Well after years of neglecting his studies, there's no way you'd be able to clear the exam of a top school but at the very least he tried his best. Yaguchi my man, respect!

Oono's blushes in this episode were so extremely cute. <3
The game stuff is always fun to watch.

I wonder how the story's gonna continue on now.

Antanaru said:
Fuck me, this atrocious CG turned out to be the most charming romance in a long time and a show I'm actually looking forward to each week. From J.C.S. nonetheless. What is this madness...

Madness indeed. XD
Sep 16, 2018 9:07 AM

May 2015
Locust1 said:
Really enjoying the anime, follows the manga pretty close too. Only 3 episodes left, not sure at what point it will end as the manga will end with volume 10. This episode was at around vol 6 or 7 I think

this is Volume 3 ma dude, we might get more than 13 episodes

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 17, 2018 8:43 AM
Jan 2017
Half a year studying for nothing. Well Haruo you still have Hidaka.
Sep 19, 2018 11:16 PM

May 2015
Vampire = Darkstalkers

Virtua Fighter!

It's a courtesy to lose a round on purpose so that the match can last longer for the other player on a single coin.

Hehe, I remember reading a newspaper one day where in the classified ads section, one person was looking for a pro street fighter player to challenge him. It was weird that it was there, but it existed...

I expected Oono to pick Morrigan. Guess she sticks with the heavies...

Study character combos!!! And stop consulting Geese!

He has to start all they way from Primary School? This is sad...

Oono speaks no words, and yet you can just feel all the emotions between her and Haruo. Despite being an anime centered on games, High Score Girl is really good on jerking on some tears especially with that music. And then we see the reveal on Haruo's exam...This hurts....
Sep 27, 2018 7:40 PM

Aug 2017
Haruo failed in the entrance exam lol. I like his character development.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2018 7:19 AM

Mar 2014
How odd, this felt like a series finale towards the end even though there's still 3 episodes remaining.

Anyway, it's really touching to see just how hard Haruo is pushing himself to stay with Oono-san.

I also really like the pacing of this series. Each episode has so much content in it that even after only 9 episodes, it feels like we've grown up alongside these characters and have gotten to know them over the course of a full series. Really well written and well directed.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 11, 2018 12:06 PM

May 2012
That ending was actually very great! Lovely to see what he'll do for the exam and what kind of romance development will proceed from here!
Oct 17, 2018 10:35 PM
Aug 2017
Ommmfmfmfmfmfmfmfmg this is amazing. Fucking shit he didnt pass thoooooo
Dec 15, 2018 1:21 AM

Aug 2015
This was a strong story arc, well done. Got a little case of feels seeing Haruo try to improve himself to stay with Ono. This is the best the show's been, it even made me forget that I'm backing Hidaka.
Dec 26, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2015
Haruo going to that school was a highly ambitious, admirable, but likely bad idea. A top-notch school would have expectations that he wouldn't be able to meet. He may not be able to play another game, either by himself or with Oono, ever again, driving him to an early suicide.

It's probably for the best he failed that entrance exam.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 29, 2018 9:14 AM

May 2013
He didn't get in! T-T
Dec 31, 2018 12:07 AM

Mar 2014
Not seeing 1942 on that list hurt me very much

He worked so hard for this chance, but still failed ;_;
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 3 Discussion

nehnehneji - Aug 10, 2018

46 by Strikrr »»
Jan 5, 12:56 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Kuroko33 - Sep 4, 2018

34 by asoyboy »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

148 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

68 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.