Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 26, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's Yumemi Yumemite's turn to get more screen time (idol of the Student Council)

Honestly, the first half of this episode bored me. However, that idol girl showed her true self while away from the fans. Yumemi seems like a generic idol when she's in public though. I like how Jabami caught her off guard completely.

Jabami in her idol outfit!
Stark700Aug 26, 2017 6:25 AM
Aug 26, 2017 6:30 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I don't know but the quality of the show has fallen. Next week the contest between them. I hope that the emotion improves a bit.

Aug 26, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
Pipe said:
I don't know but the quality of the show has fallen. Next week the contest between them. I hope that the emotion improves a bit.

It is impossible to keep 1 episode/1 game format. Some setup is needed or it will become too repetitive. Even the psycho girls need some motivation behind their decisions to challenge Yumeko.

Aug 26, 2017 8:46 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
ARubinsky said:
Pipe said:

It is impossible to keep 1 episode/1 game format. Some setup is needed or it will become too repetitive. Even the psycho girls need some motivation behind their decisions to challenge Yumeko.

Yes, I know. The show is following the manga, so all this happened there, but the script lowered in quality, and they aren't keeping the same enthusiasm shown in the manga.

Aug 26, 2017 3:50 PM

Nov 2016
I definitely liked this more than last week.

Faces were pretty lol again

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 26, 2017 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
Yumeko using blackmail so she can get a real gambling that she can enjoy.

That little student council member is planning something. She's probably the on that gave Yumeko the letters and the recorder.

Aug 26, 2017 4:22 PM

Sep 2015
I wonder if the Student Council has more power than the ppl behind the school.
Aug 26, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty much a buildup episode.

I kinda knew that the idol girl had an alter personality or rather was hiding her real personality. Those faces she makes though. xD

Love how Yumeko blackmailed her with the recorder so she could up the stakes.
Yumeko looking good in her stage outfit. <3
Aug 26, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
this was an ok episode
2.5/5

Aug 26, 2017 4:52 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The childish student council member in the hoodie is a snake lol

Either way, this is the first time since episode 1 where I wanted Yumeko to absolutely destroy her opponent with no remorse and honestly, I want this 2 faced, entitled, idol bitch to lose it all

REALLY looking forward to the next episode
Aug 26, 2017 5:12 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Nice episode, it's pretty fun just seeing Jabami slowly expose her opponents before she gambles with them. It's probably gonna be really fun seeing this Idol girl break down when she loses lmao.

Also that idol outfit at the end. <3
Aug 26, 2017 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
Sometimes I wonder if some real-life idols feel that way about their fans lol.

Mostly a setup episode, but next episode should be fun.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 26, 2017 5:17 PM

Sep 2012
But but but the manga version...

No T H I C C version me sad.
Aug 26, 2017 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
Woahh Yumeko is a qt. Had quite a lot of fun watching this episode
Aug 26, 2017 6:46 PM

Mar 2014
idol fans are fat asses and creeps at all and that just reflects the reality, yet alot of girls are still longing to become an idol.
and yeah i dont like wotagei either. the crab-like moves look so stupid.
ButtSlapperAug 26, 2017 6:58 PM
Aug 26, 2017 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
An episode focusing on Yumemi Yumemite, the idol. Got to know a bit about her. She absolutely despises her fans. Her true self is creepy. She just got blackmailed by Yumeko. Yumeko looks cute in her idol outfit. The small student council member is sneaky.
Aug 26, 2017 6:56 PM

Dec 2016
Everyone of them is messed up in the head, once again Yumeko is one step ahead of her competition.

Yumeko looked really good in that outfit.

I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what comes out of this diva/idol gambling battle.
Aug 26, 2017 7:02 PM

Aug 2017
FMmatron said:
I definitely liked this more than last week.

Faces were pretty lol again

OH GAWD! You scarred me. THose faces are way too over dramatic for me. But she is pretty cute though. I'd be friends with her.

Aug 26, 2017 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
Idols sure are scary.

I can understand the reaction from that girl, that fanclub president was so eugh.
Aug 26, 2017 7:48 PM

Jan 2016
So we finally got into this idol part. I wonder if they'll animate the stupid dance from her fans lol
Aug 26, 2017 7:50 PM

Jan 2015
Well the Idol part is pretty common, but the Gambling part and the dream behind it is kinda... Well, just like Yumeko always feel. Exciting.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 26, 2017 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Yumeko is great as usual...exposing an idol will please me tho fanboys are kinda the worst
Aug 26, 2017 8:23 PM
Sep 2016
Omg that part when Yumeko exposed the idol was spot on and that face >.<

Looking forward to the game, wanna see more idol creepy faces xD

I gotta agree that those kind of fans are annoying
Aug 26, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2016
I completely agree with dreamy dream-san that wotagei is so annoying lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 26, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Wonder where the Student Council President went?
Yumemetei hates her fans. The president of her fan club is creepy.

Yumeko looks great in her idol outfit.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 26, 2017 9:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
At this rate, I'm sure the anime's going to end with the "Tower of Doom" arc, which is good because that's the only gamble in the series that I thought was genuinely good and smartly written. Most gambles in this series tend to have the opponents always being a cheater, which is a bummer since the series relies on using cheaters as an excuse to not have smartly written planning for both characters. Luckily, this gamble, the next one and the final one, all feel "fair" in comparison to the previous ones. Anyways, this episode was alright. The pacing felt a bit slower than usual. The series normally adapts 120-160 pages per volume, but this episode was around 100 pages. Anyways, I'm more excited for the next episode.

4/5
Aug 26, 2017 10:43 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, so this is all for buildup. It's been a while since we ever had that... wait, have we ever had this sort of thing before in this? lol

Pipe said:
ARubinsky said:

Yes, I know. The show is following the manga, so all this happened there, but the script lowered in quality, and they aren't keeping the same enthusiasm shown in the manga.

I think I understand what you mean. A shame that it's making you feel that way.

Hinata said:
I wonder if the Student Council has more power than the ppl behind the school.

No, I don't think so. Great influence, sure, but not having more power than that. Wouldn't that be rather dumb, actually (I swear if this series does this sort of thing, I will scream. lol)?
MareepYayAug 26, 2017 10:50 PM
Aug 26, 2017 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
Idol Yumeko? Nani?!

Damn, why did this episode have to end here? >_> Too many lead-in episodes this week, between Hajimete no Gal, Made in Abyss, and now this...
Aug 26, 2017 11:53 PM
Jun 2011
Pipe said:
ARubinsky said:

i know they dont show the same level of entusiasm as in the manga but this level in the anime is good. they dont need to go overboard
Aug 27, 2017 12:17 AM

Jul 2017
yumeko received help from outside sources not fair :((
Aug 27, 2017 12:30 AM

May 2017
Yumeko has some T H I C C T H I G H S ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 27, 2017 12:44 AM

Dec 2015
Can't wait to see the little runt with the lollipop get her ass kicked by Yumeko, she's always getting on my nerves.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 27, 2017 12:51 AM

Jul 2010
Well Yumeko in twin-tails and idol outfit was pretty great, ngl.
Aug 27, 2017 1:14 AM

Jul 2014
joe_g7 said:
Can't wait to see the little runt with the lollipop get her ass kicked by Yumeko, she's always getting on my nerves.
Yeah, i'm waiting for that moment too xD

I definitely enjoyed this episode much more than the previous one, Ikishima was too much for my taste.

I don't blame Yumemi for hating her fans, I would hate them too.

Yumeko in her idol outfit <3

Aug 27, 2017 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
Glad that Midari's arc is over, her part is cringy af. =(

I actually look forward for this gamble the most, for one, her personal goals are actually pretty realistic and good and there's nothing wrong with her intentions. As for her being two-faced and hating her fans, well, we have to look at those fans as well - which are a bunch of creeps. There are good fans and creepy fans, and obviously she hates the latter (she didn't show any contempt towards Suzui). Safe to say, currently she's my favorite opponent for Yumeko.

Even if Yumemi loses to Yumeko, I am sure Yumeko will have her on her side to help take down the Student Council. The Council is all but united with every single member having their own motives, hence bringing more allies to take it down should not be a difficult task.

On the other hand, if Yumeko loses, we get to see idol Yumeko! It's not a bad thing, right?

Aug 27, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2013
The idol's angry face looked like an old woman xD
Aug 27, 2017 3:43 AM

Aug 2017
Yumeko looks good as an idol. Next episode will be lit asf.

Aug 27, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
Fun character, a bit hard to do that straightforward a character in a medium where much of the fandom is...accurately caricatured in the episode

Pretty decent episode.
Aug 27, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
I hope Yumeko loses the next gamble. I need Idol Yumeko.

Aug 27, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
And in comes one of my favorite opponents. I am not a fan of idols, but I do like Yumemite. She has a great motive due to an understandable reason, and her annoyance and hatred toward her fans are also understandable. In fact, I'd say it's respectable that despite how much she hates and gets annoyed by them, she puts up with them with her usual idol cutesy act to keep them around and to help achieve her dreams. So hardworking.

Anyway, they've adapted this part of the manga nicely for the most part, although I noticed that they've skipped a bit of something from the manga that would have made Yumemite's reason in wanting to become a celebrity so much all the more understandable, though I have a feeling that part would be adapted in the next episode (at least I hope it does).

Aug 27, 2017 5:36 AM

Jun 2016
i wonder who is behind all of this.... is it that little girl in student council or the president ?
Aug 27, 2017 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
So multiple things
- Story wise I think this is the best episode, her opponent is not just stupidly crazy but has a goal in mind and risks her future for it.
- I have to say Im overall a bit disappointed with the animation. When they dont do crazy faces it looks very boring, I would expect better from Studio MAPPA looking at what they are capable off with Rage of Bahamut.
- I think Yumeko should have her red eyes all the time. It looks boring without them.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 27, 2017 6:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Not surprising that Suzuki will be a fan of idols. So it seems that the president is already planning for her next move to counter Yumeko's advance. Yumeko's appearance sure is shattering the council's unity. Its interesting to see that the council is finally taking Yumeko seriously. So the next stage will be the battle against the idol then. It seems that Sayaka is starting to lose her influence on the council as well thanks to the presidents continued absence. So Itsuki's families plan for her was ruined by her loss and eviction from the council then. To think that they placed so much emphasis on their daughter joining the council to help their business though. Yumeko aiming to become student council president sure is a interesting rumor. Given her actions so far there does seem to be a element of truth to it. So beneath that angel face of her's Yumemi's true face is like that then.

So now that the president is away and after repeated failures the second years are making their play on the council then. I guess a search for listening and recording devices will be the norm when going for a private meeting with a idol. Yumemi's idol face as expected is flawless and most effective against males. Wow to think that if Yumeko loses she will have to form a idol unit with Yumemi. To think that Yumeko was able to see through her mask that easily though. Yumemi's final goal is actually more normal than i thought. So the reason why she joined this academy was to attain this dream faster then. To think that Yumeko will go that far with the stakes that she's offering for this game though. Man to think that Yumemi got outmaneuvered though. Seems that something is indeed happening behind the scenes as well too. Its nice that Yumeko managed to turn Itsuki from an enemy to an ally though. Wow Yumeko really looks different in the idol outfit. Really adorable. The next episode should be interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2017 6:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seems like little lollipop girl helped Yumeko? Does she want to cause a huge ruckus while the president is gone?
Aug 27, 2017 7:18 AM
Aug 2016
Funny thing is, Yumemi probably just summed up the feelings that all anime waifus have towards their creepy, obsessive fans.
Aug 27, 2017 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
VinnyLam said:
Funny thing is, Yumemi probably just summed up the feelings that all anime waifus have towards their creepy, obsessive fans.

lol That's pretty funny.
Aug 27, 2017 8:20 AM

Mar 2014
People truly believe that idols care about their fans? Please they more than likely act the same as Yume.

Plus as much as I love Midari Yume has bigger more aspiring goals. Hollywood is definitely a bigger platform than being an idol
Aug 27, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2016
Finally we get to the idol character! I've been waiting for this. Haven't read the manga though, since I don't want to spoil myself on what happens later.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 27, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
Lol, it was creepy as fu*k :D

Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 27, 2017 9:38 AM

Jul 2015
rsc-pl said:
Lol, it was creepy as fu*k :D

That... kind of looks like she was gonna eat her phone...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

178 by reveluvie0 »»
Apr 24, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

373 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 19, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 18, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.