Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2017 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series is following the manga pretty faithfully. We got introduction of Midari this episode and she's as crazy as I had expected. Plus, she's got her eyes on Yumeko now. That gun scene in the bathroom..holy shit.

Interesting to note that Yumeko and Maeri teams up this episode for the first time for the debt replacement game. The idea of group gambling sounds like fun tbh.

Jul 22, 2017 9:44 AM

Jun 2017
lol what a nice life plan. i'd take that offer for sure.
Jul 22, 2017 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
The game is still warming up. If people don't pay attention to the rules, it may be confusing seeing what is happening.

And the batshit crazy Midari finally appears.

Jul 22, 2017 2:13 PM
Oct 2013
I hate being left with these kinds of cliffhangers, I never wanted it to end.
Jul 22, 2017 2:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gawd damn theres some fucking fine ass girls in this anime like... pretty much any other anime lol XD

dat detail doh

Jul 22, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
That gun holding Midari is crazy. She even had a gambling orgasm.

So housepets have to follow a 'life schedule'. Just how big is this school's influence?

Yumeko and Meari teamed up in the end, they make a great duo. I really wanted to see them wreck that guy. I'll have to wait next week.

Jul 22, 2017 2:48 PM

Apr 2014
it's honestly so hard keeping away from the manga while waiting for the episodes to come out. it's definitely a lot more fun and intense watching rather than reading
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2017 2:57 PM

Nov 2014
I was expecting Midari to be insane, but I wasn't expecting her to be THAT insane. Solid episode. Hopefully it keeps pushing boundaries. I like the surprises.

5/5
Jul 22, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
They even added gushing noises while she was masturbating on the toilet. A little grossed out by her character tbh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2017 3:05 PM
Jul 2009
kickmesign said:
A little grossed out by her character tbh.

That's just fine. Her character is supposed to be that twisted and disturbing.
Jul 22, 2017 3:35 PM

Dec 2016
Midari is a psycho, but then again most of them are.
So we got a cliffhanger here and not the same "one episode = one game" formula, which is nice change of pace. I'm intrigued to see what's next.
Jul 22, 2017 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
HOW DARES HE TOUCH OUR GODDESS LIKE THAT

hope someone bones him for life once he becomes a pet...
Jul 22, 2017 3:53 PM
Aug 2016
Ah, the crazy psycho duo of Yumeko and Mary has finally arrived!
Jul 22, 2017 4:11 PM

May 2015
To call Midari a nutcase is surely an understatement, lol.

Jul 22, 2017 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
Another crazy & fun episode. The Life Schedule is absolutely ridiculous. Your life is your own.

DAMN Midari is insane with her gun. The Student Council is crazy.
Yumeko & Saotome working together. This is gonna be fun.

Kiwatari needs to get taken down a peg.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 22, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
I like the anime so far, its fun, but the characters are waaaaaaaaay over the top. Its hard to take it seriously sometimes
Jul 22, 2017 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, here I thought that the characters couldn't get crazier and then comes Midari.

Yumeko and Mary teamed up as expected.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2017 4:40 PM

Jul 2015
Yep... this is following the manga rather well. Even has and did, ahem, Ikishima's scene very well, which was disturbing but it's how it was supposed to go. lol

Also, this face while she's being choked:

That's the face of someone you do NOT want to mess with. o.o
AmyTwoJul 22, 2017 4:46 PM
Jul 22, 2017 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Bateria-chan said:
I like the anime so far, its fun, but the characters are waaaaaaaaay over the top. Its hard to take it seriously sometimes

here's a hint, you are not supposed to take it seriously
Jul 22, 2017 5:24 PM
May 2014
I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Esspecially the gally :D
Jul 22, 2017 5:27 PM

Jul 2015
FMmatron said:
Lol, here I thought that the characters couldn't get crazier and then comes Midari.

She's actually the craziest one of them all, though I think that was a sure telling from the opening of this anime.

juicykitten95 said:
Bateria-chan said:

here's a hint, you are not supposed to take it seriously

Mmhmm. I can't see how people are trying to take them that seriously. This especially goes for Midari, since she's just plain crazy and weird all-around. A full-blown freak.

This also goes for exaggerated crazy expressions and faces. Quite a number of people complain about them being ugly or over-exaggerated like it's a flaw when it was never made to look appealing to begin with. It's purpose is to be as crazy and messed-up as possible. An exaggeration as to why they've made the type of expression in the first place (like Kiwatari, the delinquent, makes in the game as a way of showing that with how well he's going in the game makes him so damn cocky with full-force, no holding back). It was purposely made to look ugly or weird, not awesome or something. lol
AmyTwoJul 22, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 22, 2017 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
Damn that crazy bitch just fingered herself in the bathroom. I didn't think her craziness would go THAT far.

Interesting to see Mary and Yumeko team up in that game at the end. I hope that scumbag that choked Yumeko gets what he deserves.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 22, 2017 5:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Apart from that psychotic Russian Roulette girl creeping me the fuck out, I really enjoyed the events that took place in this episode

The Student Council continues to be fucked up with this whole life plan shit and of course there's the dickhead who tried to potentially rape Jabami - getting back to him in a bit, both of which I wanna see burn in hell

The debt game thing however was something that I never expected to see go down and I'm very intrigued with the concept of it as well as the concept of this current one

I feel bad for Mary since she's in Jabami's group, but I'm hoping that somehow they both can come out on top since imo Mary has suffered enough (Plus that final shot of her was GOAT), and as for the dickhead, I hope he gets royally fucked with tons of debt at the end of this game

Great episode yet again......But I'd lowkey take that life plan that Mary had if I were a girl lol

Jul 22, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2015
Midari is very crazy. Her scene with her gun in the bathroom was creepy. She has her eyes set on Yumeko. Meari got a messed up life plan. She and Yumeko got teamed up for group gambling. I hope the guy that choked Yumeko gets what he deserves.
Jul 22, 2017 5:59 PM

Apr 2017
OH YES THE HARMONY!!!!

Even the horrendous and most hideous expression keeps getting even better every episodes (+Points for that) . The amount of craziness never once to fail me.
Yahhhh MIDARI.... She's Totally Bae <3

Best GRIL!!! *Her Inner "M" Side soon awakens and manage to teaming up with Jabami. Having the two gone together is the best combination of Sadist and a Masochist freak Can't wait her Gambling Arc cause Suzu will be the one to come along with brilliant tricky plan. Pinpoint that the episode manage to end perfectly But DEYMM the Cliffhanger is just giving me hella hype. As Saotome began to risk even more higher stakes, She'll be even more manipulating as ever

5/5
-HippySnob-Jul 22, 2017 6:24 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 22, 2017 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
This episode was fine, but there's something I was rather disappointed about that I was expecting. There were a few scenes/pages from the manga that had not been animated in here. It's not that big of a deal, but it does show Midari returning to the student council and started to become interested in Yumeko after learning how deep her dept is, and this happened before the debt assembly game was being announced and discussed about towards the other students.

Maybe that will be animated in the next episode while they are still playing the game?

Also, I wasn't expecting Jun to have darker skin with lighter hair, as it looked like he was light-skinned and had darker hair in the manga, but it doesn't matter that much to me, else I would focusing so much on Ryouta having brown hair here instead of black hair in the manga, for example.
RavenousinalJul 22, 2017 6:07 PM
Jul 22, 2017 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Oh hey, a game where the opponent isn't female and it doesn't end in one episode. Nice to see we're switching it up a bit. Also that Russian roulette girl tho, just wow. Good episode overall.
Jul 22, 2017 6:18 PM
Nov 2015
this is such a great adaption of the manga, i hope it stays that way.

never really realized this before, but midari gives me komaeda vibes probably just me lmao
Jul 22, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2016
magilou said:
this is such a great adaption of the manga, i hope it stays that way.

never really realized this before, but midari gives me komaeda vibes probably just me lmao
lol she got nothing on 5 bullet russian roulette komaeda
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 22, 2017 7:19 PM

Jun 2011
The orgasm expressions give me a boner. Keep 'em coming.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 22, 2017 7:23 PM

Jun 2017
Good thing that meathead is there to take the fall, because otherwise Saotome really would've had her life planned out. Restroom scene was pretty gross, but otherwise it was another good episode. When Saotome was first introduced I had a pretty bad impression of her but now I'm beginning to appreciate her spunk.
Snot-nosed_BratJul 22, 2017 7:26 PM
Jul 22, 2017 7:38 PM
Jun 2016
Man. They did very well making Ikishima as much of the weird and disturbing freak that she is. That bathroom scene was pretty uncomfortable.

We are learning more and more on how crazy the school's pet system is. It's becoming more focused on the setting and the plot itself.

And I was right! I knew they would likely have a game that would last more than one episode.
Jul 22, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
I'm upset that student council psycho girl saved Jabami. I really wanted to see what she would do to stop them from assaulting her...like what was her plan? Just act creepy?
Jul 22, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
I'm absolutely loving this anime! Midari is crazy! Yumeko is crazy! But Midari is scary crazy! The anime just keeps getting better and I can't wait to see what happens next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 22, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
Wow what a crazy girl that was.

Could be very interesting the next time she meets up with Jabami.

This game to erase debts is kind of like a get out of jail free card, especially for someone with 310 million yen.

Really enjoying this game of Indian poker so far.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 22, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2012
Jabami and Saotome are the dream team!

Really enjoyed this episode. Actually I have been enjoying this series since the jump.

Midari is crazy, and I love it! Insane women just do something for me.

I really like Saotome. She was a bitch at first, but I really like that about her character for some reason. The ending was gold.Jabami knowing the plan made it even better. I hope Saotome gets rid of her debt and they become friends.

Next episode is going to be lit. Looks like everyone is cheating and the loser who ends up with Jabami debt is going to be shitting themselves.

Can't wait!
AntearionJul 22, 2017 8:47 PM
Jul 22, 2017 8:42 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Probably the most disturbing episode so far but it was great. I'm still in love with all of the over the top facial expressions.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jul 22, 2017 9:08 PM
Sep 2016
eyepatch girl is so crazy xD

I just love it when Saotome and Jabami are together.
Jul 22, 2017 9:13 PM

Sep 2013
5/5

I love this episode. They are building up to the inevitable showdown between Yumeko and Midari. That bathroom scene with Midari was hilarious. That random girl that walked in was probably thinking "you know what, i don't need to pee anymore. fuck this shit." Midari is great and is probably my 2nd favorite character in this series though Saotome pretty close.

Now with the unholy alliance with Yumeko and Saotome is here, I can't wait to watch what unfolds next week. Yumeko and Saotome had great chemistry with each other.

Jul 22, 2017 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
Bluff paid off. I'm glad Saotome is coming back
Jul 22, 2017 10:02 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, this show continues to be super entertaining,

That student council girl with the revolver is crazy as hell, totally did not expect the bathroom stuff. XD

The student council has a lot of weird programs in place for helping out the people with debt, but is their gain only gaining the students favor? I doubt it.

I hate that pompous dude who thinks he's some kind of big shot, I can't wait to see him get burned even more by Yumeko and Mary. His face at the end when he realized that Mary only had a 'Pig' combination was a sweet sight. More burns next episode please.
Jul 22, 2017 10:12 PM

Jan 2015
So there's another thing that can happen beside getting drop out when the students have no more money, which is become a "livestock" for the politicians. But I assume that just apply for the beautiful one?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 22, 2017 10:14 PM

Jun 2013
Girl reaches orgasm after playing Russian roulette in a public bathroom.

This is the shit I signed up for.
Jul 22, 2017 10:42 PM
Jul 2017
Oh my god. That almost strip scene!

Looks like each game will start to take more than one episode now. You know what this means for the future... cliffhangers.

The title for episode 5 seems like a spoiler but what the heck, we kinda expected that.

Maeri and Yumeko finally teaming up, I actually look forward to this.
Jul 22, 2017 10:53 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I thought the psycho girl and Jabami will gamble. Saotome got some orgasm again.
Jul 22, 2017 11:08 PM

May 2015
Who cares about Two-card Indian Poker? GIVE ME RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH THE CRAZY BITCH!
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:39 AM
Jul 22, 2017 11:13 PM
Jul 2017
A good episode, I'm looking forward to the next.

I swear some of these characters are like Pokemon trainers though, they just pop out of nowhere with no context like 'gamble???' @Midari
Jul 22, 2017 11:29 PM

Nov 2016
Ahh, the wannabe heartless, bully and egoistic man is now playing with the ladies. Although I still don't appreciate the author creating such cliche character, I can't wait to see him lose. I wish him bad luck until the very end. Rip!
Jul 22, 2017 11:46 PM

Oct 2016
This is definitely my favorite anime this season. Every episode is a thrill and its fun to watch. Glad to see Saotome make her comeback. I kinda wanna read the manga now since I'm going to be impatient for the next episode but at the same time don't wanna spoil it for myself.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

149 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2017

119 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

182 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

183 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

215 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 16, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.