Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They pit Azazel into a colosseum like he's some gladiator against that monster.
Nina and Jeanne are still getting along quite well. I love how the world fiction continues to develop in this series. Just looks really fascinating.

Seems that they ran into some trouble with angels though. Yikes.
I wish they showed more of Azazel's fight though. What a cliffhanger :o

Stark700Jul 14, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 14, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2015
I guess the episode (and maybe later) can't really focus on just one person or one "Task", huh? Like maybe Azazel with his survival attempt, or maybe Charioce that prepare for another Dimensional rift.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 14, 2017 12:04 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Charioce got angry when gods/heaven was mentioned. Did Gabriel do something in the past that connects to him? They are really teasing his backstory.

The reunion was very well done, same for Nina and Bacchus (not) XDDD

El does not fuck around anymore, he got raised by Azazel after all. Oh boy, this will get interesting.
Jul 14, 2017 12:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The gods morale is not really all there. El might indeed have to do it by himself with the way they are doing.

I couldn't stop laughing at the bit with Bacchus thinking Nina was coming in for a hug, LOL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 14, 2017 12:28 PM
May 2010
Finally our lord and saviour Lucifer makes his appearance.
I can't believe Azazel is suffering so much... he did nothing wrong.

Eru and Jeanne reunion was cute.
Jul 14, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
I dunno, I am not feeling like watching this properly after quickly looking through. They really need to move forward the story and the characterization already. Too much padding.
Jul 14, 2017 1:05 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see Lucifer again. The Land of the Gods looks beautiful, but like Nina said, it's quite empty. So many angels died fighting Bahamut. Azazel is going through so much. He doesn't know why he's trying to stay alive. The reunion was heartwarming. It was funny when Bacchus thought Nina was going to hug him. It seems Gabriel is plotting something by using Jeanne to get El back to her side.
Jul 14, 2017 1:23 PM

Feb 2015
Mother of Reunions! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

I feel like somebody is probably going to die at the end of the series. (╯_╰)
Jul 14, 2017 1:31 PM

Nov 2016
The opeing already teased Lucifer, but it's good to see him again, the same for Azael who's meanwhile forced to fight in an arena.

Bacchus and Hamsa provided the lol moment this time.

Overall it was ok, one of the weaker episodes,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 14, 2017 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
Best ep in months but still slow. So is the king maintaing the rift to protect humanity from bahamut or sth? If that's the case then what an asspull to make us like him lol
Jul 14, 2017 2:21 PM
Jul 2016
FINALLY Lucifer is about to take action. Only took him a season and a half!!!

It was nice to see Azazel again after so long, he really made the show great for me in the first half.

Smudy said:

El does not fuck around anymore, he got raised by Azazel after all. Oh boy, this will get interesting.

Mugaro wants to save the demons, what about his fellow gods though? It will be extremely interesting (and awkward) to see the clash of ideals between him and his mother (who has always stayed loyal to the gods) at that point, as i can easily see him siding with the demons (he regards Azazel very highly) and fighting against the gods if such a situation arises.

Also, WHERE THE HELL IS FAVARO!?!
Jul 14, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2015
15 episodes in and we still have no idea what motivates Charioce so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself in order to defeat the angels, isn't it about time they tell us???

I'm not liking El and Gabriel at all, they're both huge idiots.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
Azazel and Lucifer are back
Charioce will have to sacrifice some body parts for him to use the forbidden weapons eh and it seems his elite soldiers will have to sacrifice some of their lifespan too so ye the humans military superiority is just temporary like Lucifer said

meanwhile El reunites with his mother Jeanne but damn El is being arrogant but cannot blame him entirely since Gabriel seems like an evil leader of the Gods
Jul 14, 2017 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
Azazel is being forced to fight deathmatches, and at the same time he's contemplating why he's trying to stay alive. The reunion between Jeanne and El was nice (poor Bacchus and Hamsa thinking Nina was going to hug them lol). El seems really determined to save the world now.

Also, like some have already mentioned both here and in past episode threads, it would be nice to see Charioce's backstory. We're over halfway through and we still don't have a solid grasp on what his motivation is.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 14, 2017 3:16 PM

Jan 2016
Oh it's getting good, El's harsh tone! Must have caught that from Azazel.
Jul 14, 2017 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
A heartwarming reunion. Poor Bacchus and Hamsa

Lucifer finally made his appearance. Gabriel with that smile, she's definitely plotting something. And El with that arrogance. I want to see him accomplish something big.

Nice end card.

Jul 14, 2017 3:30 PM
Aug 2014
Pretty much confirmed that Charioce is following the bad-guy-is-actually-a-good-guy-saving-the-world trope.

Damn I want El to be bold, but not like this! His arrogance will get struck down through failure at some point and we'll get an entire episode of him mopping.
Jul 14, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
The appearance of angel girl was somehow random, the same as almost no cautioness against strangers (and I don't care there are no man in heaven right now) but the actual portrayal of the heaven was nice.

Seems like El is stepping up the game now, probably the next antagonist of this series, together with new bahamut. Don't like the Gabriel's scheming too.
The reunion itself wasn't bad but could have been better I guess.
Jul 14, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2010
Whose smile is more cunning?

Charioce was at least pretty straightforward with all his evil-doings, for now I don't trust gods nor El too much >_>

Glad to see Azazel alive! And what's up with his brother? I don't remember anything about Lucifer from the previous season @_@ Was he a cool guy or what?
Jul 14, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2016
mugaro failure flag = triggered!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 14, 2017 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
Dat Reunion and Nerdy Glasses Angel girl tho

inb4 El coup
Jul 14, 2017 6:26 PM

Jun 2013
Azazel is a badass no surprise there
Jul 14, 2017 6:52 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Cool to see Lucifer again.
The City of Gods is so magnificent & beautiful. Nina is the best. She is so hilarious.
Azazel wondering why he bothers with his life. Hopefully he can escape.

Aww Poor Jeanne scared of that huge spider. Well I don't blame her, I would as well.
Gabriel is up to something.

Jeanne and El reunion was so freaking sweet. Got a little teary eyed.
LOL Bacchus & Hamsa trying to hug Nina and she goes for El.

El determined to fight.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 14, 2017 8:32 PM
Jul 2017
So Dormos was made to combat that space rift not the gods.From what I got from that scene anyways.
I don't think the writers are trying to make him the bad guy was really the good guy all along. I mean he did allow slavery of the demons so that's a nope on being 100% good.
They keep teasing us with that back story and I want it even more now than ever after this episode. It would be perfect for it to happen in the next but the title says otherwise maybe on episode 17.
Jul 14, 2017 9:03 PM
Aug 2016
I'm very happy to see Azazel again (although I'm not happy by the fact he is suffering someone help him pls). The reunion between Jeanne and El was amazing! I was so excited to see that part. Overall I enjoyed this episode a lot.
Jul 14, 2017 9:15 PM

Mar 2017
The best thing about season 2 has to be Bacchus LMAOO
Jul 14, 2017 9:48 PM
May 2013
is the dragon elder's seiyuu the same one as goku ?
Jul 14, 2017 10:25 PM

Jul 2014
Mannn all the characters I like get little screen time while the ones I'm not too fond of get all the screen time. Somewhat disappointed with this so far first season was better even with the kinda mediocre plot.
Jul 14, 2017 10:40 PM

Sep 2015
I must say the human, god and demon relationship too chaotic which make things being misunderstood easily. The heaven(god is dead, archangel comtrolling) misunderstood the most for being a "b1tch". From the start the god never force human to bow down or ask for anything physical except for prayers, in return they gave human the power/magic to defend against demons. But instead King Charioce used the power to attack the god with the good of mankind in mind, slaving the demons also. Because seriiusness of Bahamut incident(god is dead) and Charioce incident, enough to bend Archangel Gabriel's personality to "b1tch" and heaven looked "prideful & evil", this just show how desperate the heaven is now.

Bahamut is only sealed, a balance between races are needed. Charioce could have cooperate with god and think of a better plan to deal with the demon, just like Kaiser's ideal. Not attacking the god with the power given by the god and slave the demons at the same time. Well unless Charioce is confident with his old world technology:)
Jul 14, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2016

That cute ending card omg!! (megane-tenshi lol)

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 15, 2017 12:10 AM
Oct 2007
joe_g7 said:
15 episodes in and we still have no idea what motivates Charioce so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself in order to defeat the angels, isn't it about time they tell us???

I'm not liking El and Gabriel at all, they're both huge idiots.

Didn't the show sort of explain it already? It's the same reason why he believe in absolute power
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2017 1:37 AM

Jan 2014
Fuck's sake, they might as well name this show Rage of Bahamut: Favaro is Not the Main Character

./.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2017 1:53 AM

Dec 2013
I figured that a lot of the higher ranking demons were probably still out there plotting to get back at the humans. Particularly Lucifer. There was no way that the writers were going to let such an underutilized character in the first season just die as part of this seasons setup/background story.

I think I have seen people (jokingly) say that Gabriel looked like she was "evil" in earlier episodes/discussions. An observation that one could argue is supported by her actions up until this point. While "evil" may or may not be the best description of her character, It has been made clear that there is something not right about her, and it seems that El is already on to her.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jul 15, 2017 4:25 AM

Apr 2011
derprume said:
Pretty much confirmed that Charioce is following the bad-guy-is-actually-a-good-guy-saving-the-world trope.

Damn I want El to be bold, but not like this! His arrogance will get struck down through failure at some point and we'll get an entire episode of him moping.

Yep, pretty sure that Charioce is gonna end up attempting a 'noble sacrifice'. (I actually don't want that because I actually like his character, plus that seems horribly predictable imo.)

And El is a child, a child who up til now, was abused and scared. Giving him that kind of a power upgrade that quickly... I don't see it ending well. (Hopefully Jeanne doesn't die protecting him.)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jul 15, 2017 4:39 AM
Apr 2017
The development is quite predictable, not really like this episode.
Hope it gets better
Jul 15, 2017 4:53 AM
Dec 2016
great episode...hmmm that Gabriel bitch plans something it seems...i dont like her...i dont like el either...im courious whats coming next
Jul 15, 2017 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Nice episode with the reunion of Jeanne and El, but the way the show is really trying to force Charioce x Nina (despite all logic that Nina should be using) is starting to get kinda annoying now.
Jul 15, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
No Favaro and Kaisar and such slow pace, but I guess they need some buildup... El is about to pave the way to hell on good intentions, silly child. Despite having Bahamut in the title, there's no Bahamut in this season, so I guess at the end we'll see everyone unite in stopping evil-El?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 15, 2017 9:13 AM

May 2014
MagicalMahou said:
Fuck's sake, they might as well name this show Rage of Bahamut: Favaro is Not the Main Character

./.

Considering that we have nether Favaro nor Bahamut it should be something more like this:

Rage of Fandom: What the hell is this?
Jul 15, 2017 12:19 PM

Aug 2015
sgs2008 said:
is the dragon elder's seiyuu the same one as goku ?

Yes. You're only realising that now? Ahah
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 15, 2017 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
iLya said:

That cute ending card omg!! (megane-tenshi lol)

Ending card aside, megane-tenshi is the new best girl!

Even Nina approves.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 15, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2012
Lucifer still hot af! Hope someone will save Azazel, feeling so bad for him
Yeah Gabriel, start showing your true intentions, I'm glad El/Mugaro is not wanting to take completely their side as he wants to go his way.
I'm just feeling that someone is going to die for sure at the end, so many candidates

Btw, poor Favaro, appeared for a few eps and got tossed aside again.
Jul 15, 2017 4:21 PM

Oct 2015
humm, this anime always good :)

Will be the heaven fall?
Jul 15, 2017 8:59 PM

Jul 2015
They were finally reunited and it took a whopping 15 episodes for it to happen. To bad it wasn't as happy a reunion as I had hoped with El actin all arrogant, but hey, that dancing during the credits is still great!
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 15, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2014
kid with an arrogant face he will be failed definitely.
Jul 16, 2017 2:34 AM

Oct 2014
iLya said:
does anyone know where to get the original full-scale pic?

i Waifu2x'd it for myself and i am willing to share ;)
Jul 16, 2017 2:56 AM
Apr 2016
Everyone is going bat insane and only Favaro and Kaisar retain the integrity of vigor and dignity. My men!..
Re:formed
Jul 16, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Charioce back story badly needed rn.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 16, 2017 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
Looks like there gonna be a round 2 between God and Humans.
Jul 16, 2017 4:43 PM

May 2014
AZAZEEEEEEEEEEL
Finally!
Poor guy is being pitted against the demons he's been trying to save. Ouch.
Hopefully he gets out soon since he got a name drop in the presence of Lucifer...maybe they'll send someone to check up on him or something.

Also said from the start that Gabriel was shade and it looks like I might be right.
Then we had a little bit of ambiguous stuff with Charioce....I wonder what happened to him??

I got teary at the reunion between Jeanne and El. Also glad to see El all fired up and ready to rebel!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

316 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

99 by latght »»
Dec 12, 2023 4:06 PM

» When does this epic series return?

NexCore - Apr 7, 2022

8 by GraviticF7L »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

112 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 21, 2023 3:45 PM

» A Question..

L-Lawliet7 - Feb 9, 2023

2 by Aotfangirl »»
Feb 15, 2023 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.