Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2017 7:11 AM

Jul 2016
If the current mean upsets you, write a solid review and send it my way.
If you want to recommend a review you have written for this show, send a permalink to me.
You can also recommend another club members review by posting a link to it below
If you see one of your reviews here and want to change your score for whatever reason, be sure to notify me.

Full List of All Currently Aggregated Anime

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1: Review by ZephSilver

"As a viewer, there's nothing more disheartening to witness than untapped potential being flushed down the toilet. And like its namesake, Erased "erased" any chances of being herald as anything more than a novelty act."

Score: 40
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2: Review by CodeBlazeFate

"Even though it somewhat failed as a time travel story, absolutely failed as a mystery (even though t wasn't entirely trying to be one), and STILL somewhat failed as both a story and an adaptation (from what I've heard), I'd say this is still an interesting series to watch, and honestly, no wonder this is one of the most popular shows in recent memory, and no wonder it's rather polarizing for a show with such a high score."

Score: 64
#3: Review by bmoore07

"When I look at Erased, I discover an ambitious young writer filled with larger-than-life ideas for his work but doesn’t know how to fully express them or inject his personality into his writing. This problem is apparent in Erased having some serious pacing issues and in the show not knowing what it wants to be (Erased is generally labeled a mystery but there are also sci-fi elements, an insane amount of time spent on the school grounds, and it mostly feels like a simple slice-of-life than a gripping suspense-thriller. Honestly, Erased would’ve been better had it stayed loyal to the mystery aspect)."

Score: 50
#4: Review by Fleure

”Overall, Erased was a solidly entertaining show that had a good deal to offer, and I enjoyed the ride - as haphazard and bumpy it was. Though I still can't help feel - even with its redeeming points -the biting disappointment that continues to linger through over lost potential and misdirection. Even with its spirited ambition, and interesting ideas, the lack of focus kept it from becoming a work of stature, and left it ingrained as nothing more than bittersweet memory that unfortunately cannot be reverted."

Score: 60
#5: Review by AndoCommando

"It set the standard quite high in the beginning, but this turned out to do more harm than good in the long run. I would still recommend the show as it is an enjoyable watch and tells a heart-warming tale of a man trying to save those he lost in the past. But that in no way correlates to a good show. For every aspect about how visually stunning the show is, lies a handful of issues and problems in the writing. And when it slowly exposed these flaws it was as if the show was a snowball rolling down a hill, gradually picking up more plot holes and contrivances overall. But when it hits the ground, it breaks apart under its own weight, leaving hunks of snow in its place."

Score: 45
#6: Review by Goukeban

"While the thriller aspect of the anime is in the center of the driving forces of the narrative, the bulk of the emotional investment Erased strives to build is on the bonding between Satoru and the people he is trying to save, and his motivations within the story. Great focus is given to his interactions with his friends, who with the exception of Ken’ya, who seems unusually mature for someone of his age, are all very believable child characters. By that I don’t mean being as obnoxious as an inch-deep testicle wound, by the way, these kids are actually designed to be likeable. This aspect of the story is built upon until the conclusion, where they play a part in finally getting the killer arrested."

Score: 90
#7: Review by themegamancave

"I actually enjoyed the series for what it was, an intense thriller. Nothing too intellectual can be pondered from its writing, and it was a good time passer. However, it would've been nice to see more characters explored, and certain elements of the plot handled differently. It just kind of fell flat for me once the over obvious identity of the killer was revealed."

Score: 60
#8: Review by Link_of_Hyrule

"At the end of the day, Erased is just another overhyped anime written for edgy teens that uses cheap, manipulative tactics to emotionally affect the audience, fooling them into thinking it’s a well-written show when it obviously isn’t. It’s immature, terribly inconsistent, the characters are soulless plot devices, and its laughable use of the ultimate anime cliché “time resets” is just the icing on the cake. Erased is a bad show with good animation, and sometimes, that’s all a show needs to get popular."

#9: Review by PyraXadon

"However, if you haven't read the manga, and want a good mystery show, this is definitely a good one to start with. As a standalone adaptation, Boku Dake excels at being a well made adaptation that can tell the story that it was meant to be told in its entirety without the viewer needing to read the original source material beforehand. This is a somewhat rare occurrence these days, and I'm glad time was spent on really trying to make this as good as an adaptation as it could be."

Score: 80
#10: Review by Nervin

"Erased had some potential, yet failed in executing the basic elements of the show, which was due to the little issues that ultimately snowballed into bigger ones - which is a shame, as its direction and usage of animation was befitting and well executed."

Mean Score: 57
CodeBlazeFateMar 16, 2019 7:08 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 2, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2016
Can my score be changed to 64 please? Thanks in advance.
Nov 29, 2017 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
Hey, mind if my score is changed from 40 to 45?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Koe no Katachi Aggregation

NothingReally - Sep 13, 2017

2 by Rawa_Rauf »»
Feb 16, 2021 5:58 AM

Sticky: » Review Submissions

PrincessMomonoke - May 21, 2017

26 by Plasmatize »»
Jun 6, 2020 3:55 PM

» Sanctuary Aggregation

FrozenRoy - Jan 31, 2019

2 by RoryBurrows »»
Feb 1, 2020 8:33 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 26, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 26, 2019 8:24 PM

» Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! Aggregation

CodeBlazeFate - Jun 9, 2019

0 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Jun 9, 2019 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.