Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 11, 2016 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that Bluesy girl transferred to school. I think she's giving a misunderstand impression about her and Justice's relationship as well..

Seriously, episode went lewd already with the boob grab. Guess it shouldn't be much of a surprise to introduce other characters who are familiar with the special tattoos. This felt more or less like a buildup episode imo. They should still tone down the comedy though.

Little yandere-ish looking girl...
Jul 11, 2016 12:13 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The comedy was funny as fuck, i'm not gonna lie even though it was immature LOL
The action scenes have great direction and animation, the art reminds me of Prison School. I liked this episode better than the first.
Jul 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
It's a chance for Seigi get to learn more about that "Tatoo" in his hand and the use of it.
That seems "impossible". LOL

Does it mean...
MasceraJul 11, 2016 12:18 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 11, 2016 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck those childhood friend tits! Beautiful! XD

Seems she's being possessed or controlled by umbrella girl though, better save her!
Jul 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Sep 2015
Omg omg omg will he kill his childhood friend next episode ?!! (it will never happen imo)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
(probably) Middle-aged woman groping a high schooler? Just another day in the world of anime.
Jul 11, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
Holy shit, this show still remains impressive with its innovative directing and cinematography(ex the first person shot at the start of episode, the way the exposition is visualized, the absolutely tense street crossing sequence, etc)

There's also something VERY nice in how the show is drawn and shaded. Also dem nice background shots.
These shots alone were breathtaking:

The characters remain snappy and real - loved the MC's freak out at the start, as an example. Very realistic response to the kind of offer he as given to.

Story wise this is huge improvement over the first episode - the plot is becoming more sensible and interesting. The comedic moments also gel with rest of show far better than in the first episode.

5/5
AhenshihaelJul 11, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2010
Sooo much better than the first episode!
i hope they can keep this up or even improve.

Gotta say they nailed the comedy part this episode.

4/5
Jul 11, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode.

Bluesy was transferred to Justice's school.

Touko got possessed by an umbrella girl!
Jul 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2016
The comedy was a bit excessive, and the boobs part was quite longer than necessary, but overall a nice episode. That ending, though, can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 11, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
This is basicly all that happened:

Jul 11, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
Bruh that viper dude is sick and funny af especially the voice . Lol obligatory boob groping . Anyways was a fun episode.
Jul 11, 2016 1:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this my show right here.... love the mix of serious and comedy, always a plus

sexy ass women ofc
Jul 11, 2016 1:47 PM

Mar 2010
Eternal Breast Envy vs Sadistic Lolicon.. should be a good fight next week XD

Seriously tho.... wtf is with the name "Bluesy Fluesy"? ._.;; Do y'all think that the author realized the homonym to "floozy" when he picked it or it's just an unfortunate coincidence?

edit: .... waitasecond... Bluesy Fluesy goes by the nickname "Izzi" which would be pronounced by Japanese as "I-ji" which is the same as how they'd pronounce the word "easy".... >.> maybe the connection to "floozy" was in fact, intentional. <,<
deadman80Jul 11, 2016 2:01 PM
Jul 11, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
Man the chicks in this series are way too sexy. Hell the character designs in general.

Love Tom and Sugita XD.

Izzy is so fun and her personality is really dynamic ^^;

Nice animation during the fight at the end
Jul 11, 2016 2:07 PM
Feb 2016
I find the female MC appallingly repulsive.
Dropped.
Jul 11, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Worvrammu said:
Dropped.

It's alright.

Jul 11, 2016 2:15 PM

Jan 2016
sooo... is it blood or triggerless?!...
LOL.. i cant take her seriously with that name hahahaha
dope house
ok then....rest in peace everyone

Jul 11, 2016 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
DTUB said:
dope house

Might be a mistranslation. I heard some said it was supposed to be limitless. But don't quote me on that. Just what i heard.
Jul 11, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
TheDeadApostle said:
Worvrammu said:
Dropped.

It's alright.

Why would I click that spoiler? RIP my logic.

Anyway, I am liking this series so far!
Jul 11, 2016 2:40 PM

May 2015
Those boobs, though.

This show has been surprisingly decent so far to be honest. The comedy wasn't that bad, and the action is still rock solid. That ending, though. It seems like a nuts guy appeared.

Jul 11, 2016 2:46 PM
Feb 2016
TheDeadApostle said:
Worvrammu said:
Dropped.

It's alright.

Ha! But I was going for

Thanks anyway. :)
Jul 11, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2014
This episode made me like this series a lot more, it's quite comical but knows when to get serius.
Jul 11, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2015
That facial expression Justicei made reminded me of prison school XD

GG J.C. Staff
Jul 11, 2016 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
Good good. Really enjoyed this episode. The comedy goes well with the characters and the action was great
Jul 11, 2016 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
I rather enjoyed this episode. Decent visuals and character design as well as a little character building, also I liked that it also showed the kingdom that it mentioned last episode

Also the logic I could come up with on why she said the trigger for his triggerless tattoo was blood was so that he could avoid fighting as a fight would make him wary of loosing blood which would make him feel like he is reducing the risk of activating it and actually reduce the risk of him activating it randomly as he wouldn't need it
Get your shit straight Brenda
Jul 11, 2016 3:14 PM

Jul 2007
Walowizard said:
I rather enjoyed this episode. Decent visuals and character design as well as a little character building, also I liked that it also showed the kingdom that it mentioned last episode

Also the logic I could come up with on why she said the trigger for his triggerless tattoo was blood was so that he could avoid fighting as a fight would make him wary of loosing blood which would make him feel like he is reducing the risk of activating it and actually reduce the risk of him activating it randomly as he wouldn't need it

It fits considering they literally had a talk about lying to the MC right after.
Jul 11, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2013
There is still a lot of 2nd episodes to get to this week but from the ones I have watched.
This has been my favorite so far.
They've established the world, the villain has been shown.
The characters are working and there is a lot of blood and death.
This show should have a horror tag to it in my opinion XD.

@Corny632
That is what I would call bonus ^.^.
Jul 11, 2016 4:10 PM
Feb 2016
Everyone is excited about characters or quality or boobs or loli fantasies, and I'm still trying to understand how the fuck in the world they have a sea (or a pool with weed?) just next to main school building, in their schoolyard.
Jul 11, 2016 4:23 PM
Oct 2010
I thought it was alrite, the comedy falls flat but the production values are making up for it. Story seems kinda shit though, but I haven't seen too much atm.
Jul 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Aug 2013
Well then, the awkward level of entertaining action continues. Gotta say that I do love the artwork and visuals but...I'm praying this doesn't wind up going the Big Order route. Is it me or is half the cast of this show just people they hired after Big Order finished production. The comedy and fanservice is a nice distraction but hopefully it won't take away too much from the story.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 11, 2016 4:35 PM
Dec 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:
DTUB said:
dope house

Might be a mistranslation. I heard some said it was supposed to be limitless. But don't quote me on that. Just what i heard.

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure triggerless is a mistranslation and that it is in fact supposed to be limitless. Need to go check the manga to make sure since its been a while since I read it.
Jul 11, 2016 4:59 PM
Dec 2014
Shuyin35 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure triggerless is a mistranslation and that it is in fact supposed to be limitless. Need to go check the manga to make sure since its been a while since I read it.

She just told him blood was his trigger but when she talks to the guy he says something about not knowing the entire truth so they prolly lied about the blood being a trigger so he doesn't accidentally trigger it cus if he finds out its trigger less then who knows what could trigger it and devour him
Jul 11, 2016 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
At least the visuals are kind of stylish
Jul 11, 2016 5:08 PM
Apr 2014
A lot better than the first episode. Nice comedy.
Jul 11, 2016 5:20 PM

Mar 2015
Am I the only thinking this show is chessy AF? lol like the plot is something you'd find in a D-tier movie. Still, it's not shit. Even oddly decent. I'll keep watching.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 11, 2016 5:56 PM

Nov 2014
Damn, that was actually really good, better than the first episode. It left me asking a lot of whos and whats. Who's Aryabhata? Who's that girl who took control of Touko? Who is that horny dude after Bluesy? What's going on?

The look and feel of this show is unique, as well.

5/5

RedaJaNai said:
Am I the only thinking this show is chessy AF?

Nah, you're not the only one. I'm getting some Big Order vibes from this, but I like cheese.
Jul 11, 2016 5:58 PM

Jan 2013
To think there would ever be a PSP GO in an anime. THAT IS STRANGE.
I guess there's some interesting development too.
Jul 11, 2016 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
And plot is developing fast eh? I've seen princesses of all kind, but a murderous one with a serious conquering mindset that goes as far as murdering her own parents, is on a whole new level. Girl is crazy, yet again I bet that's only the tip of the Iceberg and we may get more revelations about that.

MC is realistic, he gets he's in no normal position, that he can use the power he has for as much of a good as he can as he has been taught, yet he knows he cannot fully trust the Americans, all in all a good reaction.

Izzy is an interesting girl (if we can really call her like that). She isn't overly comical, not also overly serious, more like, she teases people when she can, and beats them into submission when needed. The groping besides the ecchiness is hilarious (I mean a middle aged woman having a major complex about her own unaging body and having a girl much younger than herself having such "assets").

The assassins are real danger, they hold no punches and neither seem to hold back the fact they are evil.
Jul 11, 2016 7:00 PM

Jan 2008
Dang Touko's got some bouncage there.

Always thought Izzy's name was weird. Wonder if it is actually based of anything or the author just doing random shit.

Still wondering how the anime will handle the censorship, and not just the ecchi kind, which get's pretty abundant later on but gore.

Regardless, do enjoy how quickly the show jumps in.
Jul 11, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
Damn this show has lots of Sakuga....I can deal with the plot if they're consistent with this kind of animation.

WTF?! She's making it sound like it's a bad thing.......

Honestly with that smug look she's definitely enjoying her eternal youth that all girls crave.
Jul 11, 2016 8:04 PM
Jul 2016
Everyone seemingly believing Bluesy Fluesy as her actual name, considering other characters having somewhat proper western name it's not a stretch to think Bluesy Fluesy is just a completely made up name in-universe. Considering it seems she's having rare disposition it's highly probable she have thrown away her actual name.
Jul 11, 2016 8:22 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent follow up, Liked the episode.

Really liking Izzy and Tom, Funny how she transferred into his school before he even accepted the offer.
That boob fondling, Touko got them assets XD
Lol at Seigi getting thrown out the window, There's even a pool below :o

Seems like our antagonist is gonna be a princess, Wonder what she's trying to do.

Action sequences remain really cool to watch, It looks like Touko was possessed at the end there. Tom got stabbed as well.
Wonder if Tom will use his Tattoo to turn around the situation, Hope Touko comes out unscathed.
Jul 11, 2016 8:34 PM

Sep 2014
So Tom who is voiced by the same guy as Gintoki get killed by a red headed girl with an umbrella. hmm
Jul 11, 2016 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, a really good episode
Im amazed at how much better this is than the manga
Jul 11, 2016 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
So much better than the first episode. Action and comedy were on point. Looking forward to next episode.

I didn't pay much attention to the OP visuals last week so I didn't notice. It looks like every Tattoo is related with a unique monster or something which I found to be pretty interesting. Not sure if that's actually the case or not but we'll just have to wait and see. I really like their designs.
Jul 11, 2016 10:33 PM

Jan 2014
Are we all just going to ignore that completely pointless fanservice scene in the classroom?
Alright.
Jul 11, 2016 10:46 PM

May 2015
I’ve read up to chapter 35 of the manga (why not? It doesn’t take that long to read it), and just like the anime the pacing in the manga isn’t it doing it for me either. Plus, the manga gets worse as it goes on (nonsense on top of more nonsense, and not in a good way. Less martial arts, more supernatural, as well). MC being the worst offender.

I do believe the anime makes the so called comedy moments that are in the manga a lot worse. It’d be great if they would dial that down. For matter fact, why is there even comedy in this?

Frankly, I am still going to give this series a change to see if the anime fixes anything from the manga (pacing being one of them, although so far nothing). It’s wishful thinking, but you never know.

Regarding the episode itself, well... it was an average and short build-up episode for the 2 upcoming short battles.

- Bluesy suddenly transfers to school (it had to happen. We needed that “essential” childhood breast molestation by our female MC... because that’s comedy gold [/s])
- They "introduced" psycho R. R. Lurker and gloomy Iltutmish
- We get a glimpse of princess-gamer Aryabhata (this not saying much, but she is my favorite character, so you could say, in one way or another, that I’m also staying just to see her as well).
- Lurker attacks Bluesy
- Iltutmish gets hold of Touko’s body and then umbrella-attacks otaku Tom, hurting and momentarily incapacitating him in the process

Next episode should be the battle between Bluesy vs. Lurker and Justice vs. controlled-childhood friend Touko. Both fights will more likely be over by the end of it and move on onto the next nonsense scenario.

P.S. They need to change the MCs names because they are ridiculous.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 11, 2016 11:36 PM

Sep 2013

I blew Diet Coke out my nose when I saw this! Bwa hahahah!

Maelstrom184Jul 11, 2016 11:39 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 11, 2016 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode overall. The animation was on point as usual, as well with the cinematography and animation department. The comedy was solid though as well.

Though some of the bits weren't translated well in the anime subtitles but that's to be expected.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.