Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
It's one of those times of year again, folks. With spring season literally around the corner, which shows look the most interesting to you and why? Please note the underlined part since a mod will probably come by and lock this if there aren't any explanations.

I've only looked into spring season's lineup a little, so I'll probably post back here later today after a bit more inspection.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
you might as well sort the season by popularity.. http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

ill be deffo watching Kiznaiver cause Mari Okada is mai waifu
Mar 30, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2011
Not really hyping any upcoming shows though I hope Kiznaiver is not another troll move by Trigger (Ninja Slayer pls)
Mar 30, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2015
romagia said:
you might as well sort the season by popularity.. http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

ill be deffo watching Kiznaiver cause Mari Okada is mai waifu

inb4 melodrama bullshit again by her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
I'm not really hyped for this Season, but I may give Kiznaiver, Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, Re:Zero and a few others (not more than 6 I guess, this time) a try.
Mar 30, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
Koutestu no Kabaneri. Why? Because WIT studios Yuki Kaji, amazing animation, great music. Fantastic preview! And Tetsuro Araki, if nothing else the show will be a great treat everything-wise except story and characters.

Joker Game - Gives me Baccano-ish feel and that is enough of a reason for me to be excited about this, and Production I.G is doing it. Their shows are usually great!

Boku no Hero Academia - Heard great things about it from the manga readers so I'm definitely excited for this, the animation looks pretty cool. Bones = ftw production-value-wise.

Magi - Sinbad no Bouken : My favorite character from Magi gets to be the MC of a 24 episode long anime?! You kidding? Of course I'm hyped for this, Sinbad is a fantastic character, very complex, interesting and entertaining to watch. His wittiness in a lot of things leaves me speechless!

Bungou Straw Dogs - Honestly the trailer looks great, but that's not what made me excited about it. I read a review of it's manga on MAL and that said this is a great manga. So I'm hoping for it to be a great anime as well!
Thinking.....
Mar 30, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
I look forward Phoenix Wright a lot. I hope it will be a good adaptation, since I love the games. Can't wait to see "Objection!" in action~

I'm also pretty curious about Mayoiga, I never get enough of mystery and this seems like I'll enjoy it a lot. Description made me hyped.

Sakamoto will be hilarious, I assume.

All in all, I already added 24 shows to my watching list, the season can finally start. I hope it'll be a good one.
Mar 30, 2016 10:08 AM

Sep 2010
kamisama751 said:
Attack on trainwreck will be another hyped show just because reasons and won't turn out to be something good.
Jojo S4 will be amazing since... because... it's Jojo.
That Baccano copy might turn out to be something with it's spy and 2nd world war era setting but can also fail like everything else.
Don't care about the rest, mediocre anyways.

i should had copyrighted attack on trainwrek. i get the feeling it will be a trending word during this season :P

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Mar 30, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2014
I feel that a lot of work goes into the production of Jojo, and unless the story bombs I'm giving it a 10/10 and no one can stop me

Besides that I hear that Hero Academy will be good, and the setup seems like the perfect bait to rate it highly
Mar 30, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2014
Shonen Maid looks interesting. I'll definitely be picking up Unhappy and Haifuri because moe. Sakamoto looks good so I think I'll pick that up too. It's funny how even though it's a seinen anime people tend to be treating it as a bishounen anime. I will watch CoCO & NiCO if anyone bothers to sub it. I like the concept but not enough to watch it raw.
Mar 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2016
Kabaneri for sure , bungou stray dogs (trailer looked good ) , sakamoto desu ga , gakusen toshi asterisk 2nd season .
I really hope sakamoto turns out to be a good comedy , and asterisk should be better than 1st season though i don't have high expectations for it . Also , sousei no onmyouji ( twin exorcist ) , boku no hero academia ( heard the manga version was very good so i'll give it a try ) , and Netoge no Yome ( probably will be my guilty pleasure lol )
Mar 30, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
Im probably gonna watch all dat good sht that comes out in Spring.
Why? Becuz it looks really good but theres no guarantee tho :/
Mar 30, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
Big Order Is something I plan to give an episode or two before I inevitable drop it, as I sorta fully expect it to be awful for the same reasons a lot of similiar shows are; I just hope to get surprised with this one.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - THE LAST SONG was one of my favorite series two seasons ago due to it's thematic take on the superhero genre and actually using the concept to raise a point.

Joker Game Is just something I look forward to because I generally trust studios like I.G to make worthwhile while and they have a good presence In my rankings.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Is just there so I can watch some "sakuga". It won't be anything great, I assure you.

Boku no Hero Academia Is just on my list because I want to see what the fuss Is about.

Bungou Stray Dogs looks like a cool show; I like cool shows and bones are good at making them.

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Is something I will see because I can't help myself. I feel burned by Stardust Crusaders because most episodes were generally uninteresting...I will trudge through this one as well, I suppose.

Mayoiga Is simply on my radar due to the director, Tsutomu Mizushima.
Mar 30, 2016 11:07 AM

May 2015
I'm going to watch it all, but the ones I'm looking most forward to are:

Boku no Hero Academia- I read the manga and it was 10/10 legit. It's just such a refreshing take on both the old shonen formulas and superhero comics in general, and it manages to be neither obnoxiously preachy or edgy.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri- It may be a trainwreck (heh heh), but Araki has a way with making absolutely amazingly based trainwrecks.

Bungou Stray Dogs- read the manga beforehand, while I have an issue with the MC it's extremely badass without him. I have no doubt that Bones's style will be absolutely perfect.

Sakamoto desu ga- It's just suitable for memes but those are gonna be some good memes.

Unhappy and Bakuon!!- Every season needs some moeshit.
Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM
Mar 2015
I gonna watch Sakamoto for sure, i read the manga and i want to see how it will look like animated. Lots of LOL = LOLOL xD

Then i will give a chance to Big Order: i am a big fan of Mirai Nikki so when i discovered Big Order i tried to binged the manga. Sorry to tell that i dropped it in the middle cause ... i don't know, it didn't meet my expectation.
But when i watched the trailer, i got that Mirai Nikki vibe again that i want to give it another try :D
Mar 30, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri : at least is not another dumb harem/ecchi or boring sol
tragedydesuMar 30, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 30, 2016 11:13 AM
Jan 2016
I don't really see anything that would really spark my interest yet, will wait till first episodes air to maybe check some of the popular ones and see if they're worthwhile. The only one that I consider watching as of now would be "Sousei no Onmyouji".
Mar 30, 2016 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
do i even need to say what show will be better this season?
of course it will be jojo with the great come back of gar awesomeness
and i have no idea why are people so hyped for kabaneri after wit previous shit attempts at making an anime with this premise(owari no seraph)
boku no hero and joker game will probably decent
Mar 30, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
Tylaen said:
Big Order Is something I plan to give an episode or two before I inevitable drop it, as I sorta fully expect it to be awful for the same reasons a lot of similiar shows are; I just hope to get surprised with this one.

Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou - THE LAST SONG was one of my favorite series two seasons ago due to it's thematic take on the superhero genre and actually using the concept to raise a point.

Joker Game Is just something I look forward to because I generally trust studios like I.G to make worthwhile while and they have a good presence In my rankings.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Is just there so I can watch some "sakuga". It won't be anything great, I assure you.

Boku no Hero Academia Is just on my list because I want to see what the fuss Is about.

Bungou Stray Dogs looks like a cool show; I like cool shows and bones are good at making them.

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Is something I will see because I can't help myself. I feel burned by Stardust Crusaders because most episodes were generally uninteresting...I will trudge through this one as well, I suppose.

if big order turned out good it would be the surprise of the year since the author proved he can not write a good plot for his life with his previous failure(mirai nikki)
gabrielrroizMar 30, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 30, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
KaoruMatsuoka said:
I'm going to watch it all, but the ones I'm looking most forward to are:

Boku no Hero Academia- I read the manga and it was 10/10 legit. It's just such a refreshing take on both the old shonen formulas and superhero comics in general, and it manages to be neither obnoxiously preachy or edgy.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri- It may be a trainwreck (heh heh), but Araki has a way with making absolutely amazingly based trainwrecks.

Bungou Stray Dogs- read the manga beforehand, while I have an issue with the MC it's extremely badass without him. I have no doubt that Bones's style will be absolutely perfect.

Sakamoto desu ga- It's just suitable for memes but those are gonna be some good memes.

Unhappy and Bakuon!!- Every season needs some moeshit.

U said some good sht :3
Not enough ecchi sht im afraid for this season ;-;
Theres no guarantee they will be even good ;~;
Mar 30, 2016 11:24 AM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Tylaen said:

if big order turned out good it would be the surprise of the year since the author proved he can not write a good plot for his like with his previous failure(mirai nikki)
Just gonna give you a heads-up, it's as cringy and nonsensical as Mirai Nikki.
Mar 30, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Well this season there are a couple anime that look like they would be a pretty good watch but for me the one I'm most looking forward to is Boku no Hero Academia, after reading a bit of the manga and seeing the animation by Bones in the PV's, Bungou Stray Dogs and Kuma Miko look cool as well
Mar 30, 2016 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
tbh all I care about is the Duwang anime and Sakamoto, but I'll be watching bnha, mayoiga, joker game and a bunch of slice of life-ish shows too.

this season has already killed me.
Mar 30, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2014
Z-Dante said:
Snappynator said:
Well I know where this is going....definitely gonna watch! For research.
And rate it 10/10 like Sekkou Boyz -_-#
I gave it a 7 doe, dunno where you are getting the 10 from.
Mar 30, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
I'm still trying to decide whether I'll do what I did for this season and pick up nearly every single anime that's airing. There were a fair amount of fucking awful anime that came out, and I dunno whether I can be bothered sitting through 5-7 awful seasons every week.

It does look like most of the series coming out have a lot of potential to be good though, so I probably will end up watching mostly everything.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 30, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Came in this thread expecting to see a lot of Jojo circlejerk. Thank god, there's still hope for the human race. Anyways.

I'm interested in kabaneri, re zero, big order. Actually I'm interested in the majority of spring season, not hypw for any thoigh.
Mar 30, 2016 12:06 PM

Aug 2015
Snappynator said:
Z-Dante said:
And rate it 10/10 like Sekkou Boyz -_-#
B-but, I swear I saw you giving it a 10 two days ago ! ( Should've kept a screenshot ;_; )

Btw , what exactly will you be researching about? 👆

OT: Obviously Kuromukuro. More like, that's the only anime I know about for this season. Also Zero and wherever else gets good
And Attack on Trainwreck. Just to see the fall of another hyped anime.
Z-DanteMar 30, 2016 12:11 PM
Mar 30, 2016 12:07 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not really hyped for anything but these are the ones I'll probably be checking out:

Joker Game- This is the one I'm most interested in. I like the PV's & the synopsis seems interesting. Hopefully this actually turns out good.

Boku no Hero Academia- I've heard a lot of good things about the manga. Supposedly this will wind up being the next big Shounen anime. So I suppose I'll jump on the train to see what it's all about. I'm a little skeptical though, to be honest.

Sakamoto desu ga?- Seems like it will be funny. I have a feeling I will like the main character based off the PV.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri or Attack on Trains- I'm curious if it'll actually be good.

Kuma Miko- The animation looks cute, & one of the main characters is a bear. Those are pretty good reasons I'd say.

Mayoiga- The synopsis seems interesting enough. Hopefully it doesn't wind up being like Another 2.0 though.

Bungou Stray Dogs- Looks cool. I'm a little skeptical about this one though, I'm not even sure why. I just am.
GlitchytronicsMar 30, 2016 12:21 PM
Mar 30, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
Macross Delta, for worst Jenius is still best girl.

Other than that, mostly interested in the sequels: Concrete Revolutio, JoJo, Master of Torque. Unicorn rewatch, why not.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 30, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Re:zero- death loop+2 cours+ gore+ white fox. Dark horse of the season.
Bnha- read the manga and it's pretty good. Sad thing is that it's one cour.
Kabineri- that opm, boku dake of every season.
Joker game- baccano vibe, looks good.
Swagomoto- becoz it's obvious.
Mar 30, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Z-Dante said:
Snappynator said:
B-but, I swear I saw you giving it a 10 two days ago ! ( Should've kept a screenshot ;_; )

Btw , what exactly will you be researching about that? 👆
Don't be silly, I never gave it a 10 ;^)

Well the show itself seems interesting, I'm certain I can learn about human psychology and stuff. Yeah definitely!

Though on the topic I'm still trying to figure out what might be worth the shot and not, since there are quite a bit of sequels where I'm too lazy to bother with the prequel. So far Super Lovers (for research purpose!), Mayoiga, Ace Attourney and Shounen Maid caught my attention. Maybe also Boku no Hero Academia and Joker Game.
Mar 30, 2016 12:13 PM

Apr 2015
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - the plot sounds interesting and I love the staff (especially Sawano, Hiroyuki for the music) so I'll give it a shot, I hope it doesn't disappoint (although I have a bad feeling it probably will)

Bungou Stray Dogs - read the manga, it's not bad and it's by Studio Bones, so why not?

Boku no Hero Academia - I heard a lot of manga readers hyping this anime up, so I'll definitely be watching this. I was planning on reading the manga anyways

And I might give Kiznaiver, Mayoiga, and Joker Game a few episodes, I'll probably end up dropping at least one of them though.

All in all though, I'm not that hyped up for any anime for the spring season. Summer anime is the one I'm waiting for

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 30, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2016
Kabaneri - Original and looks good
Bakuon - read the manga
Kuma Miko - Read the manga
Hundred - Read the novels
Re:zero - looks interesting and heard its gore
Kuromukuro - original and looks interesting enough for me to check it out
Boku no Hero Academia - Will probably watch to check out how its going to be adapted
Sakamago Desu ga - The manga is very entertaining
Flying Witch - SoL and i have read the manga

Was excited for Sword Gai but it got delayed
Mar 30, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
All the sol, moe and battle harems look great.
Mar 30, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2015
Um a few of them are in my plan to watch list, ok so I think I'll only explain like 2-3 of them

Joker Game: The PV looks cool and shit, kinda look badass to me idk where the hype came from but idk it feels like this series is gonna be interesting, it reminds me of Baccano somehow, and I like Baccano!

Bungou Stray Dogs: Um the same reason... it looks cool. I haven't read the manga yet though

Boku No Her- Damn it all of the reasons are the same, the PV's so cool and all, the ones I put in my PTW list seems interesting and promising, hype!
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Mar 30, 2016 1:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
whichever shows have more girls than guys are the ones im hype for xD
Mar 30, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:

Name them all mate >:333
Do it!!!!!!
Mar 30, 2016 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
I'm going to spend this season fawning over Emile. :3
Mar 30, 2016 1:19 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Robiiii said:
Mamster-P said:

Name them all mate >:333
Do it!!!!!!

....... uh..... too lazy to look right now, but u already know

kabaneri, bakuon!! high spec, onigiri, netoge oh..... and don't forget my "shitty generic copy paste battle harems" hundred and asterisk s2

but ill be watching like 15 - 20 shows again like normal xD
EcchiGodMamsterMar 30, 2016 1:29 PM
Mar 30, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2014
Attack on trainrail: it's the most popular atm

Stray dogs: supernatural hobos

Hero academia: one punch man school? Looks pretty cool and the manga is said to be good

Kiznaiver:I wanna see a trigger show

Mayoiga: could be a good mystery TEACHER DID IT

Joker game: Hats and suits

Sakamoto: read the manga 10/10

Ace attorney: played the original trilogy

http://myanimelist.net/anime/31404/Netoge_no_Yome_wa_Onnanoko_ja_Nai_to_Omotta : I need mindless garbage

Flying witch: think it will be a bit like Natsume Yuujinchou, dunno why

JoJo: it's jojo

Big order: I expect nothing, will probably be average.

Onigiri: waifus
IFFEH IUU BEHLIEBE EIT
NUHRUTOE NUHRUTOE
BEHLIEBE EIT BEHLIEBE EIT-IT-IT-IT-IT
HEURE AIE AHME WIETH MAI NEEINJUH KLAHN
NEEINJUH KLAHN
HEURE WEHH STAHNDD
NUHRUTOE AIEHME OUNE MAI WEYE
NUHRUTOE AIELLE BEEHE OUHKEYE
GETUH REHDEY TUH FHITE OUNE SAITE
GOUHUT MUHE BHESHT FREENDZ BAH MUHE SAIHDE
SAZOOKAYEH HEHZE RELYEH KEWHLE
SAHKOOHRAH DUH BEWTIHFUHLE.
Mar 30, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Bakuon!!- I really need to get more into slice of life. This one is about motorcycles. Could be fun but if not i will drop.

Big Order- apparently by the guy who did future diary, which i never watched. But the story sounds interesting and the trailer looked awesome.

Bungou Stray Dogs- Calling it, most stylish anime next season. And it already won the best soundtrack. Seems interesting too.

Endride- Im excited to be getting an anime original. Seems like a very interesting fantasy and since its anime original, it will actually have an ending,

Flying Witch- Need more slice of life like i said before and this one has supernatural elements. Seems relaxing and JC staff impressed me with heavy object so im on board with this.

The Asterisk War season 2- I watched the first season, so im gonna watch thes second. Pretty obvious. I hope they actually get a bit more into the plot because they have set up a lot of interesting stuff. Also i watched the trailer and the new op might just be op of the year.

Hai Furi- Im watching so much slice of life this season. This one has an interesting plot to it and from the character bios i read, there is a ton of characters.

Kiznaiver- Never watched anything by trigger but this anime looks cool. Love the concept and its anime original so it will have an ending. The art also looks so cool.

Mayoiga- This anime seems so weird but i like weird anime. There is just so much potential and the concept is so interesting that this is one of my most hyped. Also i saw the trailer and i just love the weirdness that it shows.

Re:Zero- My most hyped anime. It will be 24 episodes with a double length first episode. The visuals look amazing. They chose the best op and ed pair.Concept sounds so interesting and intense. And combining psychological with fantasy is like the greatest idea ever.

Seisen Cerberus- Story sounds a lot like chaos dragon. But it does sound interesting enough and im sure it isnt a clone. I saw the trailer and i love the art style. They chose a great choice for the op. Looks like a cool action show.

Twin Star Exorcists- The music is nice and the concept sounds very interesting. I know the studio is known for bad things but this one seems pretty good.

That is everything. I am most excited for mayoiga and re zero.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 30, 2016 1:34 PM

Nov 2015
I am waiting for ZERO.... i might try ENDRIDE, MAYOIGA...
Sweet words are not always true. True words are not always sweet. But no matter what words can say, actions will always tell the truth.
Mar 30, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
In my case:

-JoJo Part 4: Because it's fucking JoJo and because I need some sparkle, fabulous men in my life (no homo).

-Boku no Hero Academia: Being a sucker for shonen, this is one of my most expected anime for this season. The animation, designs and voice cast is cool. Is also has been hyped by the fans, so I expect something good from that.

-Joker Game: Good seiyuus + historical anime, apart that the series looks really good.

-Sakamoto desu ga?: Just for the hype the fans give to it. The voice cast is also godly.
Mar 30, 2016 1:56 PM
Dec 2013
Kotetsujou no Kabaneri, Twin Star Exorcists, Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV), and Boku no Hero Academia. But I'm pretty disappointed that Academia will only be 13 episodes long.
wildhoodMar 30, 2016 2:00 PM
Mar 30, 2016 1:57 PM
Apr 2010
joker game- feels like an intriguing show that gives me vibes from the early 2000s with its dark colors and atmosphere

jojo s4- araki knows whats up looking forward to seeing it since i dont follow manga

sakamoto- looks funny but may be repetitive so well see
Mar 30, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
it seems Spring 2016 gonna be worst spring season of years...
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Mar 30, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
ishiZY said:

What?

Kiznaiver, Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Joker Game, Sakamoto, and JoJo is considered the worst?????

cmon dude lol
Mar 30, 2016 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
ishiZY said:

What?

Kiznaiver, Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Joker Game, Sakamoto, and JoJo is considered the worst?????

cmon dude lol

Not enough moe/loli obviously. Lol
Mar 30, 2016 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
Some of random titles, that's what I see - I don't feel perspectives.

keragamming said:
Not enough moe/loli obviously. Loll

You gotta wrong attention.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Mar 30, 2016 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
ishiZY said:
Some of random titles, that's what I see - I don't feel perspectives.

keragamming said:
Not enough moe/loli obviously. Loll

You gotta wrong attention.

Oh, sorry about that, I actually didn't check out your profile before saying that. Let me rephrase that, not enough anime with gore and killing correct?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you put any self-imposed restrictions onto yourself when making your favorites lists?

JKKH - Apr 13

30 by Anjuro »»
8 minutes ago

» Eiichiro Oda and Toei Animation have been keeping a huge secret.

Gashadokur0 - 55 minutes ago

3 by Catalano »»
12 minutes ago

» What's a scene from an anime that you wish you could re-experience for the first time?

bucciest - 6 hours ago

11 by FZREMAKE »»
13 minutes ago

» So we gotta talk about Ono Kensho...

ZeroMajor12 - 22 minutes ago

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
22 minutes ago

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 4 hours ago

13 by kagamiiin »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.