Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Such a tense episode~

I think Tora is trying to teach Ushio some lesson about getting stronger.

We got action and storytelling and it's interesting to see some of the other supporting characters as well, not just Ushio or Tora fighting. That ending gave me the chills just thinking about it...with all this buildup towards the finale. No wonder Kirio's scythe is so special..
Stark700Nov 27, 2015 7:52 AM
Nov 27, 2015 7:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really fucking despise Kirio....That cunt needs to die painfully and slowly

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the tale about that monk that made the scythe and Kirio and I also enjoyed seeing Tora and Ushio handle their problems with Nagare and Hinowa.....I'm lovingbthe bonds between them

This gift between the monks is pretty intense too and after this whole news with Kirio I just say that I'm also terrified....And that weird woman that helped the monk was fucking creepy O_O

And I'm still getting those feels from last week TwT Poor Ushio
TokoyaNov 27, 2015 8:02 AM
Nov 27, 2015 8:20 AM

Feb 2015

Nice of Tora to give Ushio some tough love. He really does care.
Lol I don't get why Nagare did that to Tora.

Whoa, her face is seriously creepy.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
At least now I know that she is a "He". Damn, I really need to take a long break from Trap-Inside Anime.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 27, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
"Oh no, an old lady I met for 2 whole minutes died! How am I going to live on..."
Ushio needs to fucking stop doing this every time a character dies, jesus, especially when he ends up perfectly fine afterwards, pick the right time to be depressed and stay depressed for more than 2 minutes, how hard can this be?
Nov 27, 2015 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Really cool that they touched the The Golem of Prague. But the execution was pretty shit

Nov 27, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
Tokoya said:
I really fucking despise Kirio....That cunt needs to die painfully and slowly

If this lil' shit doesnt die i will be disappointed...
Nov 27, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
Paulo27 said:
"Oh no, an old lady I met for 2 whole minutes died! How am I going to live on..."
Ushio needs to fucking stop doing this every time a character dies, jesus, especially when he ends up perfectly fine afterwards, pick the right time to be depressed and stay depressed for more than 2 minutes, how hard can this be?

Thank you for this.

Anyway, we learned more about Kirio's origins, as well as the creation of the Elzaar Scythes. Hopefully they can make it to the spear in time before Kirio destroys it (I'm like 99.99% sure they will anyway, but you never know).

And I lol'ed at that part where Nagare kissed Tora to get him to make a hole in the wall. What a troll.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2015 10:55 AM
Apr 2014
Ushio is such a typical whiny shonen MC it hurts.
I wonder what the deal with Towako is, she seems high 24/7. Making other weapons as good as the spear is taboo apparently, they think it's better worship the goddamn spear.
I'm glad Kirio didn't turn out to be a homunculus.
What reason does the other successor have for missing this? sleeping perhaps?
Nov 27, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
Shame that people dropped it when it was going through the "monster of the week" stuff, it's really intriguing now and different now.

The trap boner is especially strong in this show for some reason

Nov 27, 2015 12:01 PM

Sep 2013
That ushio feeling down about the granny is so out there :(
The scythe origin was cool.
Nov 27, 2015 12:19 PM

Jan 2008
That "Oyakume" Hizaki Mikado said she lived for over 4 hundred years in the last episode. 300 of those years was sealing Hakumen no Mono, but the last 100 weren't. So while yeah it's sad, she still had a good long run. Nothing to get hung up on so long for Ushio, you damn emo. Pretty badass way for her to go out though.

What a little hypocritical piece of shit that Kirio is. I hope he gets his ass handed to him in a future episode. Saying crap like "The spear is useless, we don't need it" only to later come back to steal it to try and destroy it. If I had a two $50 bills, would I burn one bill? That's some fucked up logic there. I wouldn't have minded if Ushio killed every one of those no-name priests for unjustly attacking him.

Side note: Why is it that Kirio's character design made to look like a girl? I know we're in a new age and all that crap, but the manga was made in the 90's. The earrings and long eyelashes that normally only female characters in the series have make me wonder. It's even weirder that Kirio is literally like a year or two old, with his age accelerated. Maybe it's because he skipped puberty?

The best part of the episode would had to have been the kiss. LMFAO. It was also funny that Hinowa commented on how Ushio is an emotional little bitch, and how he gets carried away in other people's sad situations.
Nov 27, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Ushio's Beast Spear got stolen!

I hope Ushio will get his Beast Spear back soon.
Nov 27, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Nagare is my favorite character of the seires. I love him in every one of his scenes. That kiss with Tora was funny xD.

I hated Kirio the last week, now I don't think what to think about him. He is obviously deluded, but its normal if he believes that Towako is right taking into account what she did to him. I expected some redemption of him taking into account that we talk about a shonen of the 90s.

I think that the revelation of the Diary was rushed, though. That Elzaar's Scythe plot would be interesting to develop.
Nov 27, 2015 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
That look on that woman's face is so creepy and scary. And the blonde kid... That little shit must DIE.
Nov 27, 2015 2:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nothing is as annoying as smug overpowered kids in anime. Kirio must go down hard soon.

That kiss made laugh. There must be better ways to tear down a wall.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 27, 2015 3:33 PM
Jul 2013
I like Kirio and I think he's going to become an ally in the future, he's obviously been fed BS so I don't get the hate for him and why people want him dead. ridiculous.

it's also nice to have another male character because there were way too many females in it for me.
I hope Ushio learns his lesson and stops being so damn emotional too.
Nov 27, 2015 4:48 PM

Oct 2011
Creeped out by her face 0______0
Nov 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Aug 2015
Kirio is super annoying, other than that I really enjoyed this episode. Nagare kissing Tora was funny.
Nov 27, 2015 5:33 PM
Feb 2011
The woman has got to be Hakumen no Mono. It would explain why that scythe and only that one was so effective against one of its minions. Hakumen must have imbued it with her powers and devised that plan because she's afraid of the Beast Spear.
Nov 27, 2015 7:50 PM

Dec 2014
The heck, Towako's face after creating Kiro... Wtf.....
Nov 27, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
That foreshadowing for later parts.

Nice, they left in the Tora x Nagare kiss.

Looks like the cut out the maid, which on the upside removes Ushio's sexist attitude towards Hinowa that felt so out of place.
Nov 27, 2015 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
That ugly hoe and stupid brat need to get their throats slit and hung upside down.

But seriously. How stupid are all these priests that follow that dumb brat?
Yeah, okay, Ushio wasn't strong enough alone to kill a Haku minion. ALONE. Scythe wannabe only killed it in one attack because old lady smacked it upside the head before dipping out, while Ushio cried about a person he met 5 minutes ago, that was probably at the end of their rope anyways.
Okay, so where does that leave us? Oh, I know. Let's just fucking destroy one of the very few surefire fucking ways to kill Haku and hope this scythe we know nothing about can do it.
Hello? Do you guys have a fucking brain? Or are you fucking retarded? Seeeriously. I'm really doubting that the kid dies a terrible death (or at all), since Ushio will probably pity that shitface and save him or w/e, and his scythe will probably end up helping at some point. But fuck man. He needs to go. Like, die. Never appear ever again.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Nov 28, 2015 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
Next episode , Kirio's death hopefully , But knowing Ushio i don't think it will happen he's just too nice because this brat surely deserves that . His "mother" really is creepy she's definitely Hakumen No Mono or someone linked to it tho but seriously why are those priests even thinking "Fuck the Beast Spear ! Elzaar's Scythes are the way to go !" when Kirio didn't even do shit last episode , it was all mikado's doing yet stupid brat got rewarded for that . and seriously they've seen the Spear in action only once and they are like "yep that's trash" .
Tora was fun in this episode , as always , he's just the Usual Tsundere Tora , so Nagare kissed Tora does that mean there's a love triangle , Ushio x Tora x Nagare ? XD
Nov 28, 2015 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
The Anime's slowly coming to an end and it's been a great ride so far. Let's see what happens next.
Nov 28, 2015 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
My god was this episode rushed. They skipped two fights against bakemono and really pounded their way through Inasa's diary. They didn't even show the failed Kirio homunculus corpses. It wasn't that gory in the manga, so I don't get why they'd think that was too bad for TV... Hopefully they just made the liquid opaque for censorship and the corpses'll be there for blu-ray.

I have two main issues with this ep, though... First of all, RIP Hinowa's character development. We got a backstory snippet and a great speech from her about the strength of women in the manga that were totally skipped here. I found her annoying at first but both those things made me start to really like her... I'm annoyed the anime just skipped them instead of giving a reason for her serious attitude and dedication to being a beast spear candidate, especially since they still kept in Nagare's reasonings for it.

The second thing ties into the homunculus corpses thing lol. Seeing the corpses at first in the manga was really surprising and the materia reveal was much more dramatic. Just having Hinowa blurt it out instead of Ushio read it from the diary ruined the moment, honestly.

At least they're animating Towako beautifully. She's in so much detail.
Nov 28, 2015 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Storytelling really interesting, that Kirio were not so "normal" was obvious, however, the revelations are intriguing all the same. For what purpose would serve the red cloth, it was too easy, good move even if foreseeable. Excellent technical and graphic, I guess the first cour end with the arc of Kirio and not after, but never say never. One flaw of this anime series, is the haste in narrating things, so the growth of Ushio not occur naturally but is pretty far-fetched.
Nov 28, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
This is quite the finely planned conspiracy, especially with all the fake scythes. The moment of ultimate despair where they've just destroyed the beast spear, and traded for this mass produced weapon. I'll like to see their faces, as there are no sympathy for ones that turn their tails so quickly, yet it makes sense with how their only salvation was shown useless, who wouldn't want to jump ship to a new possible hope.

Glad to see Ushio back to normal, he really is too caring for his own good sometimes, even though it was just a fleeting moment, she was closest to that of a motherly figure Ushio has come to known.

Nagare is one nice character, he really knows himself well to call himself a handful when Tora brought up the possession thing. I feel bad for Kirio in a way, to only have known of such environment, getting killed would only be tragic, unless he somehow gets released through death only.
Nov 28, 2015 8:55 AM

Jun 2013
i fucking hate Kirio
Nov 29, 2015 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
I think people are misunderstanding Ushio here. From my point of view he was mostly deppressed because he was weak, not because it was Oyakume's death in particular. Certainly he's sad that she's dead but as you all said his emotional ties with her can't be that strong. Ushio has, however, been concerned about how he can't wield the spear to its fullest extent since quite sometime ago. He realized how useless he was when he failed to save Jie Mei and her brother, then he also failed to protect Oyakume. Naturally he'd be depressed.

Now Kirio, my biggest problem with him isn't so much because he was deluded in his ideals but rather his delusion that he's somehow stronger than Ushio with the beast spear. First he kill steal Oyakume by slaying an immobilized and pretty much defeated Hakumen's avatar. Then he tried to steal the beast spear by bringing an army of priests and STILL had to resort to the beast spear's seal and claiming it was his "win". Like seriously, not once did he defeat Ushio outright in a one-on-one battle yet somehow he still believes he's stronger than Ushio and the beast spear. That's not delusion, that's pure stupidity.
Nov 29, 2015 4:27 AM

Aug 2014
SchwingBoner said:

Nagare to Tora > Ushio to Tora
Nov 30, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good episode. As a manga reader, I once again have to voice my displeasure at how much was skipped, but unlike some other anime, at least this was still, you know, watchable.

Aw, Tora doing his best to get Ushio out of his funk, in his own violent way.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 1, 2015 11:45 AM

May 2014
That was quite cool to get to know.
The behind the scenes story. I really thought the woman was Ushio's mom at first, when I saw her face I thought it was Hakumen no Mono though. LOL.
But after all, a very good episode. Kirio's origin was quite surprising.
Dec 1, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
Kyoukek said:
Shame that people dropped it when it was going through the "monster of the week" stuff, it's really intriguing now and different now.

The trap boner is especially strong in this show for some reason

Yep. they could have waited a little longer.
Dec 3, 2015 11:58 AM

Jul 2009
So Kirio was created and then raised by Towako, she is going to be a big big problem to Ushio.
Dec 4, 2015 2:00 AM

May 2008
Towako's seiyuu is Hayashibara Megumi, who also voices Hakumen no Mono. Just in case there was any doubt...

Anyway, I get Ushio being upset about being weak but he's never really fought without the spear so it's not his fault. And Tora keeps saving his ass anyway. If it wasn't for Tora he'd have been dead by episode 5 tbh.

Kirio still needs to get fucked, hopefully Hakumen/Towako/whoever goes "I have no use for you anymore lol" and kills him with the scythe.
Dec 6, 2015 2:24 PM

Jan 2014
Very interesting. :3
Dec 6, 2015 2:27 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, that was sick. Human experimentation is a new line for this show.

The increased presence of Hinowa and Nagare this episode was awesome. Nagare's chemistry with Tora is beautiful. I love every time they're together. xD

SchwingBoner said:

He did that to piss Tora off and get him to punch the hole in the wall. 10/10 moment.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 7, 2015 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
I’m actually surprised it hit Ushio that hard when the old lady died, I’m glad he got back on his feet though!! I’m also glad we got some background info on Kirio and the scythe, that woman is seriously creepy.

On a side note, that “materia” mention gave me some serious Final Fantasy vibes.
Dec 17, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2015
I knew the kid what bad news ://////
Dec 21, 2015 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Ushio is too weak. So far he has yet to go through any training or improve his technique at all.
Dec 28, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
yeah, that hag's death was weird, as in, ushio's reaction should have been much weaker... i'm sure in the manga it is much deeper, to the point of her remind him of his mother, and thuse being in despair at her death.

or so i hope at least, because in the anime she's just a random character.

also, "a pool of hot lead and MERCURY"
well you know, if yu want to die so badly to destroy the spear it might be a good iidea to kill yourself as well while doing it.
Jan 20, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
Well that scyth kid being crazy like that isn't much of a problem since he was made by that scary woman that seems 9999999% certain that is Hakumen.

What i do not get is those stupid priests. Even if they thought that scyth is better than that spear, it is still stupid to want to destroy it. Why wouldn't you want to have two possible weapons instead of 1? If i had to fight such a monter i would take any weapon that could help. i wouldn't destroy anything.
Aug 10, 2016 2:05 PM

Mar 2016
God, that was disturbing.

I take it Inasa is the angry priest guy that everyone's been talking was cut. I did look through those pieces of the manga, and honestly, it's unneeded.

How the anime did it perfectly explains Inasa's true role in the story while keeping it a great pace. That's all we ever really needed.

I was very happy to see Nagare and Hinowa back in the limelight as well. In response to Hinowa's character development being cut about women, it's still implied in episode 14. Ushio thinks he's being polite with "I can't fight a girl", yet it's every time he says that in particular is when she both gets angry and hits him. Always at those moments, so it's still there.
I like that all the internal logic is still present in this anime, but you gotta pay attention to see it.

I don't hate Kirio; he's got a very critical role in the story and he's naive, obviously, but that spices things up. Still wondering how Hakumen has yet another avatar in the world, since apparently, this woman wasn't the one who attacked the main temple, and it's obviously some part of Hakumen.

Great episode, as usual.
CrimsonCWAug 10, 2016 2:13 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 17, 2017 6:35 AM

Feb 2013
Inasa was tricked by that woman who I think is Hakumen no Mono or at least someone who works for him/her.
Sep 24, 2017 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
Tora wants to eat Ushio?
My goodness. Do they not know how to use a window? They keep damaging the house.
Dat kiss.
She stole a baby.
Kirio grew fast as fock.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 6, 2019 10:19 PM
Jun 2013
I get ushio is sad about old lay dying,but he barely knew her. no reason for him to look broken at the start of the episode. It was fun seeing tora and nagare just casually kill monsters while talking. Also whos baby did that crazy lady steal? I thought for a second she was going to bang the crazy monk.
Nov 20, 2021 8:12 PM

Aug 2018
Kirio is so damn annoying holyyyy

Aug 13, 2023 9:06 AM
Aug 2022
The story is amazing but the writing is lacking. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

63 by AzafuseKingTora »»
Apr 8, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2015

216 by LancelotSB »»
Mar 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2015

75 by Maou_heika »»
Mar 11, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2015

144 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 2, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2015

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Aug 13, 2023 7:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.