Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2015 6:47 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great to see Little Witch Academia again~ The trio once again causes some mayhem such as creating a huge mushroom monster in the beginning. I do like the new characters introduced, especially Amanda. The kids though are really mean in sabotaging the girls' parade. I also liked though how they turned a fight against the dark magic/giant into an entertainment show. The final fight scene was pretty damn cool. Luckily, the public's evaluation about witches changed in the end.

Overall, great animations and comedy by Trigger as usual, it was a fun watch XD
Jul 3, 2015 6:49 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
So good!!!

I thought it was very exciting and really enjoyed how some of the scenes were animated. Trigger's style really shows and it's so entertaining. I really liked the scene close to the beginning where one of the new characters showed her dancing skills. I found it great that the townsfolk were basically a representation of us, the audience. When they clapped and cheered, we did too!
NaruleachJul 4, 2015 1:07 AM
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jul 3, 2015 6:55 PM

Feb 2007
Watched at Anime Expo. Was the download available at the same time?

The audience enjoyed it and even cheered on the witches in the final moments of the battle.
Jul 3, 2015 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
Is it supposed to be 35 minutes long?
Jul 3, 2015 7:21 PM

Apr 2011
It was good but obviously not as good as the Inferno Cop crossover.

And Constanze is best witch.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Jul 3, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2008
I liked it more than the first one. The new girls were more interesting than the main trio. A shame it's just one movie (thank god it was 50min), I'd even watch a 4-cour show of this.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 3, 2015 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, this was really clever. I like the new character designs. I found the movie more satisfying than the first episode. I cannot wait for the BDs.
Jul 3, 2015 10:29 PM

May 2012
#triggered lol im glad to see something by them actually animated half decently, but really entertaining, i enjoyed it :p
Jul 3, 2015 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
Well...Money well spent. While not perfect(The pacing is just a little off in the first 15 minutes, some minor background animation was a little sloppy and the official subs aren't that good), it entertained me greatly and kept the feeling of, yeah, magic and adventure that made me love the first one so much. There's so much joy and energy in this movie, so much of this endless Trigger passion that makes me ignore every quality screwup easily, because I have just too much fun to care. A huge and powerful celebration of the power of animation.

10/10 MOAR, BECAUSE MOAR!
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jul 3, 2015 10:36 PM
Jul 2011
That was Amazing, great job Trigger! ;)
Jul 3, 2015 11:27 PM

Feb 2015
I liked the first one more, it felt more 'magical.' This was a fun watch though. Cheesy ending with the witches vs boys.
Jul 3, 2015 11:29 PM

Jul 2014
It's a great big ball of fun.

I was really worried there towards the start with bits of personal squabbles and drama. I wanted a bit more adventure. Thankfully the ending was great.

Where my series, Trigger? :(
TozzyJul 4, 2015 3:07 AM
Jul 4, 2015 12:47 AM

Nov 2011
50+ minutes of Trigger and magic and wonder. Good stuff. I watched a lower quality version but still reliving through the magic was well worth it.
Jul 4, 2015 12:47 AM

Dec 2011
Great witch... sorry, watch.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 4, 2015 1:17 AM

May 2012
It was decent, but nothing worth waiting 2 years for. Oh well, I hope they do more... maybe a TV animation next.
Jul 4, 2015 1:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Waited so long for this but... it definitely didn't disappoint. So loveable, so charming, so much fun ^^
Jul 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
Love it. What a charming show. It really brings out the inner kid in me. This show definitely has some Disney influences in it, but at the same time, it stays true to its Japanese roots.

Brilliant for a kick starter

9/10

Jul 4, 2015 2:15 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Only if the mayor wasn't stupid enough to break the ancient artifact, things wouldn't have escalated to the extend it did. Well, I guess it was still fairly enjoyable. Sucy still best witch.

Jul 4, 2015 3:13 AM

Dec 2010
http://i.imgur.com/tvDH86u.png
Someone please update the character list for this already, or approve my character additions that I submitted.

http://i.imgur.com/PicEOST.jpg
Constantze Braunschweig Albrechtsberger = Murakawa Rie
http://littlewitchacademia.jp/character/
One of the members of the group of problem children. Guilty of breaking campus regulations of owning, manufacturing and selling high-tech electronic devices on school premises. German.

Jasmineka Antonenko = Ueda Reina
http://i.imgur.com/hr1XKTm.jpg
Barbara = http://myanimelist.net/people/12652/Chinatsu_Akasaki
AnvicaJul 4, 2015 3:27 AM
Jul 4, 2015 3:47 AM

Jun 2014
That is how TRIGGER should be. This art style and quality of the studio. I loved every moment of this anime, and it is sad that is only 1 episode again. I was hoping for a series. Anyways I got to say that I missed this anime A LOT, because the last OVA was like 2-3 years ago I believe. I love each character. The fight with the Giant was done well, and how the people changed their opinion on witches. I have to say that those brats angered me a lot, and I wouldn't have mind if that one that was caught by the Giant was squashed :D. Very good anime. I hope TRIGGER makes a series out of this, or if not to stick with this art style and quality.
Jul 4, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2014
Oh man that was great! I didn't get to back the KT in time but damn i'm glad it did great. They should be proud of their accomplishment, as it was a brilliant sequel!

Little Witch Academia was one of my most favourite anime movies, and the sequel, having all the same kinds of magical moments and more, made it top the first one by an inch. I just love the work they put into their animations, truly amazing and inspiring.

The art style in the first was great, and being the same, obviously so is this... I especially love the cartoony inspired eyes they all have but in a japanese style, and all the facial expressions that comes with it.

Likewise the music is similar, and lifts the overall experience, making everything feel more adventurous and magical. It's the typical adventure theme kind, and thats okay because that is what we know and love.

Congrats to TRIGGER, you deserve a 10/10 from me.
Jul 4, 2015 6:10 AM

Nov 2012
Love it. Sucy proves she's still best girl :-"

The 3 new girls are also pretty interesting. This episode needs some more Diana x Akko moment IMO
Jul 4, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2008
The plot was really boring, and it's just overall too childish for me (weirdly enough, there are a lot of other anime and other forms of media directed towards children that I do enjoy, sadly this one isn't so much one of them).. Nice animation though (just noticed like 1 scene were it was quite sloppy).
Sucy is also awesome, that one scene with the broom made me laugh
Jul 4, 2015 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Well, it was entertaning. The art style make it better honestly. I am tired of watching modern anime which look the same most of them.

Jul 4, 2015 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
Really great fun, although I do slightly prefer the first one. I certainly hope this isn't the last we see of these wonderfully charming characters and this magical setting. While there was a noticeable drop in animation quality from the first OVA, it was not enough to affect my enjoyment in any way whatsoever and the whole of the parade scene was just top notch stuff and actually left me quite emotional ha. Honestly, this is what I wanted and expected to see from Trigger from day one and I'm glad to know that they've still got it in them even after their last couple of series being big misses, in my opinion at least. Hopefully Trigger's next original series will be able to capture the charm that makes Little Witch Academia so nice to watch.
Jul 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2014
Gosh like the first one the animation was amazing and fascinating, if only more anime were able to make their characters feel so very much alive and moving with so much personality. I know its pretty much impossible with deadline and budget constraints these days, that's why I'm really happy that a project like this was made possible.

Will keep rooting for more Little Witch Academia in the future

Loved the new characters and Sucy is amazing, love her attitude and the way she moves like a ghost lol

Thank you Trigger!
Jul 4, 2015 8:52 AM

Jun 2011
It was kinda boring and predictable in my opinion. Still, not bad
Jul 4, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
7/10 in the first half

and suddenly 10/10
Trigger completely based again!
Jul 4, 2015 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
As charming and lovely as the first movie. Now I just hope this isn't the last we saw of those witches.
Jul 4, 2015 10:07 AM

Mar 2012
More entertaining than the original, the longer minute duration the better the show is.
The new characters were more likable than the main cast.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 4, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2011
That was an hour? o.O It felt like 30 minutes
Jul 4, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
Lots of fun :D I completely forgot this was even a thing!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 4, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2012
ok so when Little Witch Academia 3?
Jul 4, 2015 1:21 PM

Feb 2012
xNihalx said:
ok so when Little Witch Academia 3?

When Ninja Slayer gets a rating over 8.50 on MAL and sells 10.000 BDs

But seriously, Trigger stated that they still continue to work on the enchanted Parade(I guess, wiping out smaller animation screwups and creating bonus stuff for the BDs) and after that I'm pretty sure they'll focus on Ninja Slayer. That Show's staff needs some serious help.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jul 4, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
It was so nice that they put the names of the Kickstarter backers in the credits :D

I liked it, but I prefer the first installement. :) They should make another one!
Jul 4, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2014
This movie made me dream. It was so fun and enjoyable. =D
Jul 4, 2015 6:32 PM
Jun 2013
8/10, the first one was crispier and better in terms of animation i think.
Jul 4, 2015 7:48 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I easily liked it more than the first one! It was really nice.

DatRandomDudeJul 4, 2015 8:26 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 5, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2012
The first few minutes were pretty slow but after like the 10 min mark everything was really good and fun to watch.
Jul 5, 2015 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
Sucy's Happy End plan is the best!

Jul 5, 2015 3:14 AM

Oct 2012
Well, this was a letdown. I'm really glad I didn't support this on kickstarter and I feel sorry for everyone that did.

This movie is longer, there is better animation but it actually doesn't stand comparison with first great movie in terms of plot. We got lame, uninispired story full of cliche events, wouldbe funny moments that weren't even laughable and most of the time main heroine was pretty annoying.

There were only two scenes in whole movie that was kinda cool (singing scene and friendship "we need to act together" scene), the rest of the movie was so bland and average it almost bored me to death.

I have a feeling they concentrated too much on animation and ditched just about everything else.

4/10
Jul 5, 2015 5:13 AM

Jul 2009
Loved It!! I'm so glad I backed this with afew other anime projects.

I was smiling from start to finish, loved the animation and sound; this is trigger in top form! It was a nice happy go lucky story and can't forget thou Disney references =D

Akko was defiantly channeling some Mako Mankanshoku in this one

cant wait for the BD
Jul 5, 2015 6:04 AM

May 2008
Everything I wanted and more. Worth every penny of what I donated.
Jul 5, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
Mich666 said:
Well, this was a letdown. I'm really glad I didn't support this on kickstarter and I feel sorry for everyone that did.

This movie is longer, there is better animation but it actually doesn't stand comparison with first great movie in terms of plot. We got lame, uninispired story full of cliche events, wouldbe funny moments that weren't even laughable and most of the time main heroine was pretty annoying.

There were only two scenes in whole movie that was kinda cool (singing scene and friendship "we need to act together" scene), the rest of the movie was so bland and average it almost bored me to death.

I have a feeling they concentrated too much on animation and ditched just about everything else.

4/10

Same here, makes me want to assume that they scrap the story multiple times trying hard not to disappoint the fans. Ends up with a rather rehashed one. Props for their animation I suppose. It's pretty eyegasmic. No props for the OST, its the same as the last one. Shame. Oh well an Eye candy anime with no story is still better than lacking in both.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jul 5, 2015 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
I was super excited to see this at AX, but I have to admit I feel let down compared to how much I enjoyed the first one. The main characters (with the exception of Lotte) felt like parodies of themselves this time around, especially Sucy in the opening scene. And Akko, who I don't want to dislike, couldn't say a single line without shouting. She got annoying. The one exception is when she's talking to Diana on the tower's ledge, when she decides to show the world how wonderful Shiny Chariot really is. Sadly, this interesting plot point was never explored after that.
The show took about 15 minutes to finally get going and establish a rhythm, which is to say that the longer it went on, the more I enjoyed it. There were some genuinely funny moments, some were slapstick like Sucy and her broom dance, and others mixed in well like the boy suddenly crushing on Diana. The brightest spot for me involved the further development of Lotte. Her singing scene was my favorite of the episode, and brought me back into the world of magic and wonder that I liked so much in the first episode.
Overall, a little disappointing, but not bad by any means. I hope they make episode 3!
Rating - (6/10)
Jul 5, 2015 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
I just love this series so much :D
Dianna is such a cute tsundere :P When she was cheering for them and covered her mouth XD Adorable :3

Sucy still best girl. I love her so much XD I can imagine Tsuyu (Boku no Hero) being voiced by the same VA :P

Lotte's song was really nice and Amanda's really awesome. Totally loved her dance and moves. BA and sexy <3

The animation was insanely good O_O
Jul 5, 2015 12:17 PM
Jun 2015
I enjoyed it, but I thought it was way too much like those Japanese on stage actions but on a grander scale and in a fantasy setting. In fairness, the premise of the prequel was similar except it was based on Chariot putting on a show.

I don't know if it's an actual thing in Japan. I guess it is because there's stuff like Super Sentai. I assume it mainly because it's often depicted in some animes as a comedic scene... where characters are put on stage unexpectedly and have to improvise fighting against a villain character or whatever. Then audience cheers for the hero so they can win or something. Could be an anime trope.

But yeah, that's what the movie towards the end reminded me of and was probably inspired by.
Jul 5, 2015 2:33 PM
Oct 2010
Although I thought it was good I felt like it did nothing to push the characters or world forward. This felt like a movie for an already airing series or like filler, which is disappointing honestly.

I suppose this is one of the best examples of style over substance but they did what they could within an hour I guess.
Jul 5, 2015 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/KEWzcjW.jpg
Amazing sequel, it was damn worth the wait!

10/10
Jul 5, 2015 7:03 PM

Oct 2012
Such fun need a series

Akko seem to be the cause of the problems
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Related to TV?

Steph - May 23, 2020

1 by Theo1899 »»
May 23, 2020 4:19 PM

» Trailer + release date info

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2015

6 by arsonal »»
Aug 13, 2015 8:51 PM

» Teaser image

EvenJellyOn - Feb 13, 2015

2 by BatoKusanagi »»
May 23, 2015 5:01 PM

» Character Designs

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2015

1 by WyattEarp »»
Apr 18, 2015 8:06 AM

» Little Witch Academia 2 - First Teaser Image

BRSxIgnition - Feb 22, 2014

13 by removed-user »»
Dec 14, 2014 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.