Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That... was short...
But MAL also says that it's only 28 minutes...

What a bummer, I actually was expecting a good Christmas story with some dramatic moments with beginning, middle and end, usual stuff on these kind of movies.
Well, can't say that we didn't got them, at least, the middle and the end. It was lacking some characters introductions and development, a shame, since I liked Bell.

Anyways, it was enjoyable, can't say that it wasn't, but I see a wasted premise...
Dec 20, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Lots of unanswered questions really.

1. What exactly happened last year that motivated Noel to go through all of this?

2. Why did Mint say that Noel would not see them anymore if she delivers the present? That seemed quite ominous at the time but was quickly forgotten later.

3. On the Manager's wall, why does it specifically refer to someone named Virginia?

4. So does Mint have a crush on Bell or Thomas? Perhaps she has a brother complex for Pedro.

5. What did it say on that letter from the little girl? I assume it read: "Thank you, Santa Claus." Thus evoking Noel's feelings.

6. Did they seriously tried to make parts of this an action flick?

7. From the synopsis, what's up with the random portal that connects an elevator door to Canada? (Because we all know Santa Claus is Canadian.)
Dec 21, 2014 10:07 PM

Mar 2009
StevenHu said:
3. On the Manager's wall, why does it specifically refer to someone named Virginia?

...... Aaaaaannnnddd........ That's not one of them. The answer to that is so well known, that it's pop culture.... It's been mentioned in numerous (american and english anyway) tv shows and movies that had Christmas as a theme....

It refers to Virginia O'Hanlon, who lived in New York City, in the late 1890's- sent a question into a news paper when she was 6 years old.
Her letter asked: Is there a Santa Clause?
The letter was responded to, in a wonderful way, by the editor of the paper.

You can read the full story here:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Virginia,_there_is_a_Santa_Claus[/url]

It even has the articles.

Though, I would like to know the answers to the other questions.
And also..... I'd like to know WHY it was behind Mr. White's Desk.
Was it there just for deceration?
Or was there another reason for it being there?
windeen-windyDec 21, 2014 10:16 PM
Dec 23, 2014 12:05 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
The only thing I got out of that was that Rudolph III is the coolest reindeer I've ever seen.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Dec 23, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2009
Very rough around the edges, but I can't help but love it anyway.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 24, 2014 4:14 AM

Nov 2012
meh, nothing special really. thought this would be a short comfy christmas 'movie' but too many questions left open and the character development was zero.
Dec 24, 2014 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Oh! My! I think... was waiting for this movie since last year's Christmas...
Yeah, I was pretty sure... I wanted watch it in last year's Christmas xD

I like it :)
This was good anime to watch on December 24th :)
I hope next year there will made another christmas themed movie :)
Dec 25, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
Well... hm. It was pretty cheesy at times, and there were a bunch of other problems (lack of character development, lots of loose ends, predictable plot developments, deus ex machinas, etc.), but I still ended up enjoying it. It had a very Japan sort of take on the story, given that it focused more on the working aspect than the giving/kindness aspect.

Yeah. I liked it anyway.

That action sequence was too random and hilarious to be true. Haha.
Dec 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
This was uninteresting and very uninspired.
The characters and dialogue are all super cliche and that random action scene was really dumb too.
I suppose I've seen worse, but I wouldn't watch this again.

I give it a 3/10.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 27, 2014 6:28 PM
Dec 2007
At this point I don't even care if it is bad or good I just would like to get the link to watch it.
Jan 3, 2015 7:18 AM

Dec 2008
StevenHu said:
1. What exactly happened last year that motivated Noel to go through all of this?

This definitely need a prequel, I feel like watching episode 2 without 1st.
Jan 25, 2015 8:06 PM

Jun 2014
Even if I were to watch this during Christmas, I still wouldn't enjoy it

Jan 26, 2015 6:27 AM

Nov 2007
A little girl, who is daughter of the leader of Santa company, wanting to deliver something not arrived on time getting into adventure with her friends. She finally got approval for her little wish. She realized at the end that her job is to pack the gift that the kids wished beautifully (like an etiquette?).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2015 3:07 PM

May 2009
If I funded it I would be angry.
Mar 1, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2010
Pretty good-looking for a kiddie flick, but that's about it.

The Kickstarter page didn't mention anything about this being a sequel to a novel. If I had paid money for this I'd be annoyed they produced something full of references to something I probably couldn't read if I wanted to since I doubt there's a translation. It also casts doubt on the director's claim he wanted to make this for 12 years, unless the novel is so old.

TripleSRank said:
It had a very Japan sort of take on the story, given that it focused more on the working aspect than the giving/kindness aspect.

I'd say it was downright not very Christmas-y except for the trapping such as flying sleigh and fur-trimmed red clothes.
FronzelMar 1, 2015 6:47 PM
Apr 7, 2015 5:06 PM

May 2012
Pretty mej episode if you ask me, not really a jolly atmosphere in the first place if you ask me... oh well it's good that's over with.
May 5, 2015 9:40 AM
Dec 2011
I like bell ,mint and noel but it needed a lot more time and plot because there are lot of questions just left in the air but it was fun no okay to watch :3
Nov 24, 2015 9:59 PM

Nov 2011
6/10 and generous rating there. I think it was cute overall but I could hardly get into the characters except for the very end. Maybe I should rewatch this again on Christmas or something this year...
Nov 29, 2015 11:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bastek66 said:
If I funded it I would be angry.

That's what I thought too as I watched the very first minute. The art wasn't that great. I would forgive that if the story was better, but it was alright. I think the biggest problem I had with it were the characters (Mint...) and the dialogue. The dialogue was sort of awkward at certain parts and I agree that this felt like episode two of a series or something. There were clearly things they were referring to that anime-only watchers wouldn't understand.

Still, it was cute overall, I loved the part where all the santas came and saved the kids. It was cool how they were in a circle above.
Dec 24, 2015 2:19 AM

Oct 2010
StevenHu said:

2. Why did Mint say that Noel would not see them anymore if she delivers the present? That seemed quite ominous at the time but was quickly forgotten later.

4. So does Mint have a crush on Bell or Thomas? Perhaps she has a brother complex for Pedro.

5. What did it say on that letter from the little girl? I assume it read: "Thank you, Santa Claus." Thus evoking Noel's feelings.

6. Did they seriously tried to make parts of this an action flick?

7. From the synopsis, what's up with the random portal that connects an elevator door to Canada? (Because we all know Santa Claus is Canadian.)

Is a sequel of a novel. I think we can find the answers there.
Dec 24, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2011
Hmm, I guess it was okay. The Christmas mood probably helped.
Feb 8, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't watched this and I probably won't considering the responses but this was announced to come out a veeeery long time ago and at that time I thought this would be a full movie (as in 1-2 hour length)... just what happened to this?!
I was looking forward to this..
Dec 15, 2017 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
Why is this a 5.88? It's better than that steaming pile of shit with the unnecessary fucking beach OVA Itsudatte My Santa!, which is sitting at a 6.13.

This was a cute and inoffensive children's OVA, though I think it might have been better fleshed out as a full-length movie. Some of the fantasy elements of the story weren't well-explained and were a bit bewildering when they popped up. Rudolph III is best girl.

6/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 9, 2018 6:17 AM

Mar 2012
10 minutes into the show and I am f annoyed with Mint.

Comparing to most Christmas themed shows, it falls flat. A lot of things were introduced but left unexplained. For being a fund-raised(iirc?) project, it may be inevitable that it is short, but they could've at least make it up with better flow and direction.

Btw, I've been trying to dig around about the pdf format of the summary of the novel said in the kickstarter campaign but couldn't find it anywhere. Could someone point me in right direction? Thanks
dzn018Feb 9, 2018 7:00 AM
Oct 17, 2018 4:04 PM

Oct 2015
This was boring to be frank, it had no direction whatsoever and Noel wasn't a cool MC. I thought delivering the gift would be very interesting a and full of adventure but all I got was a cheap Japanese Christmas.

I'm not feeling merry to give it a decent rating, so it's a 5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 10, 2018 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
CrimsonSilver4 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That... was short...
But MAL also says that it's only 28 minutes...

What a bummer, I actually was expecting a good Christmas story with some dramatic moments with beginning, middle and end, usual stuff on these kind of movies.
Well, can't say that we didn't got them, at least, the middle and the end. It was lacking some characters introductions and development, a shame, since I liked Bell.

Anyways, it was enjoyable, can't say that it wasn't, but I see a wasted premise...

I wouldn't be that harsh about it. I thought it was cute, however I feel there should have been more exposition for the setting and development of the characters. I was kind of hoping it would have a rankin/bass way of storytelling when those orb things came up (again no through explanation)
I think it is a fun creative idea though I hope they implement more on it in the future.

TripleSRank said:
Well... hm. It was pretty cheesy at times, and there were a bunch of other problems (lack of character development, lots of loose ends, predictable plot developments, deus ex machinas, etc.), but I still ended up enjoying it. It had a very Japan sort of take on the story, given that it focused more on the working aspect than the giving/kindness aspect.

Yeah. I liked it anyway.

That action sequence was too random and hilarious to be true. Haha.

I agree with that. :3
DanaRenaDec 10, 2018 9:04 PM
My friend made my forum pic.
Dec 24, 2018 1:38 AM

Dec 2015
Was nice to watch. You can't expect more in only 28 minutes. Had everything a good anime needs and managed to be more than just a simple delivery where everyone was constantly happy. (That's what I expected.)

With Noel falling down and getting rescued by the old Santa guy it started to feel really good. Yeah where where lots of unanswered questions. And a full series would have been too much and I don't like movies (they often have a too slow start) - but an OVA series with 2-3 episodes each 25 minutes ... would have been nice.

Liked the chars even though I don't really like Christmas and snow as setting it was fun to see Noel struggle. Also the fighting scenes that popped up suddenly ... lol. I was surprised to see something like that included.

I'll go with 8/10.

And I googled a bit about "Tonttu" (I found the "Nisse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisse_(folklore) ) and that quote with Virginia. (Since I'm from Germany and I don't really care about Christmas ... I did not knew about that. Nice to read the story behind it at Wikipedia.)
Dec 25, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2015
Just watched it due to christmas eve.
It was an ok movie with many plot holes.
Dec 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Nov 2017
What a sweet watch. I absolutely loved the snowy landscapes and cozy houses and rooms. The kids had a little fun and learnful adventure to understand the Santa Company, though it could’ve been better...
The ED was beautiful and im glad to have it ended with that!

plz @ me
Sep 1, 2020 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Aside from the last 2 min,it was pure garbage.
2/10
Jan 28, 2021 10:22 PM

Nov 2012
I found it enjoyable, especially for an Indie. I think it was a crowdfunded project.
dragynfaerieJan 28, 2021 10:26 PM
Dec 25, 2021 4:45 AM

Feb 2014
Uh okay, that happened. I've been meaning to watch this on Christmas for years but kept forgetting until this year lol

So yeah, not awful but not that great imo. So many unanswered questions, and so many things just happening just because. Why won't Noel see everyone next year? And if that's the case why is it worth it to her to deliver the present??? What are those balls of light that attacked them? What did the kid ask for and what was her other letter? Like those are only a few questions but like overall it felt sloppy and unexplained. It wasn't terrible though, I enjoyed it to an extant so...I'll give it a 5 I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» I want to watch it

Slayer9568 - Oct 16, 2019

0 by Slayer9568 »»
Oct 16, 2019 4:32 PM

» where to find??

hanyuhi16 - Dec 16, 2014

6 by nanyatimz »»
Jan 28, 2015 3:43 PM

» New kickstarter project for guide on anime production launched

ajueno - Sep 30, 2014

1 by Stark700 »»
Oct 20, 2014 9:57 PM

» 3 minute clip

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

1 by StevenHu »»
Apr 11, 2014 1:32 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Dec 25, 2013 9:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.