I'm a big fan of fantasy, magic/superpower, action, and comedy anime, and I also like to watch slice of life shows every now and then. I'm pretty open-minded, though!
1. Being sassy
End of list
Check out my Shugo Chara AMV!!!!
(Just be aware that it includes character spoilers!)
Due to the song being unavailable in the USA, I had to slow down the entire video by 80%. Just set the video to 1.25x speed and the AMV will play at the intended speed.
My rating sytem:
10/10: Loved it!/Fantastic/Very Enjoyable
9/10: Really liked it!/Great/Very Enjoyable
8/10: Liked it!/Pretty good/Enjoyable
7/10: Liked it!/Not bad./Enjoyable
6/10: It was okay./Fine/Somewhat Enjoyable
5/10: Meh./Average/Somewhat Enjoyable
4/10: Disliked it./Bad/Not Very Enjoyable
3/10: Disliked it./Pretty bad/Not Very Enjoyable
2/10: Hated it!/Really Bad/Not Enjoyable
1/10: Kill it with fire.
-/10: Haven't finished or haven't started
I don't critique very much. I mainly rate on my enjoyment of the show overall ^_^ Also, I usually don't try to compare shows to others, or hate a show solely because it contains unoriginal elements. I just like to take a show for what it is! (b^-^)b
Watching priority (subject to change, in no particular order):
- Magia Record
- Revue Starlight
- Uramichi Onii-san
- Shugo Chara Party
- Katana Maidens
- Juu Ou Sei
- Nanoha Reflection/Detonation
- Bodacious Space Pirates Movie
Ehhh this hasn't been updated in a while and I'm too lazy to work on it now.
- The main reason why I love this show is because of the relationships between the characters. They production staff developed each character's personality really well and made the interactions between the characters spot on. Also, so many of the characters are plain bad**s and the action scenes are very cool. The OST is fantastic (especially Mezame^), as the background music is consistently able to help convey the mood of each scene. The only thing that I didn't care for was the fanservice, but even then it was minimal and did not take away from the plot or character development (it would have been outright annoying if it did). Finally, who wouldn't want to have an awesome mech animal to fight by your side? Series Spoiler below
Beside the fact that the person you love the most will die if your animal dies, but still! It's sounds like a cool thing to have!
2.Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- As a fan of the Mahou Shoujo genre, it was inevitable that I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica. While not you're typical mahou shoujo, I fell that it is a real masterpiece. It deconstructs the genre very well and has a great OST (especially Mami's Theme!).
- This show is the epitome of the saying: "It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's freaking hilarious!" With loads of laugh out loud moments, lovable characters, and ridiculous over-the-top (but successful!) comedy, Sabagebu! is definitely one of my all time favorites.
- Azumanga Daioh was my first non-Miyazaki or Pokémon anime that I watched. Like Sabagebu!, it's super funny and has lovable characters. While some scenes are kinda weird, I really enjoyed watching Azumanga Daioh.
7. Magic Knight Rayearth Series (Both season 1 and season 2)
- Do you like magical girl sword fighters? Do you like mecha anime? Do you like magical girl warriors piloting mechs???? If you do, then WATCH THIS SERIES. IT IS FANTASTIC. Sure it can be a little cheesy and childish at times it's still really good and can be quite serious at times (the second season is more serious though). The first season is your typical shoujo fantasy adventure show but the second season is a lot different. But if you like action, magical girls, mecha (although the mechs are really not used much until season 2 and the tail end of season 1), fantasy, and romance, you should watch this!!!
6.Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
- Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is a great show. From the very first episode, I knew it was going to be a cute and funny Mahou shoujo... and my prediction turned out to be right. It was a hilarious show, the characters were lovable, and despite not seeing any other Fate/ anime, I really enjoyed it!
My Favorite Movies:
- The first anime I was ever introduced to was Spirited Away, and, while watching the special features, I noticed that the name Princess Mononoke was mentioned a couple of times. I eventually decided to get Princess Mononoke from Blockbuster (back when it existed), and while my eleven-year-old self thought it was super creepy, I really liked it! Now, I've seen it at least 10 times and it's still a spectacular movie. Fantastic storytelling, an amazing OST, great characters, and awesome action are the reasons why this is my favorite anime of all time (and my favorite movie of all time when factoring in non-anime stuff!).
- Okay, so this isn't an anime, but it's still my second favorite Movie. Why? It's absolutely hilarious, a movie that can be watched time and time again and still be funny. It also includes a plethora of awesome quotes (for example: "If you're from Africa, then why are you white?" and: "I'm actually a psychic...it's like a fifth sense...I have ESPN or something!").
3.My Neighbor Totoro
- My Neighbor Totoro is probably the cutest movie I have ever seen. In fact, I would say it's a family movie more than a kid's movie because anyone, at any age, can simply love and adore this movie. With funny scenes, Totoros, a cat bus, and the absoulte joy of watching kids be kids, this movie is so lovable.
My Recent anime obsessions:
This is my jam!
liek if u cri evry tiem
My favorite OPs:
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons (Kindan no Resistance)
This song is my inspiration
All Comments (26) Comments
boys are gross
I never said Mai-Hime was lame or predictable, it had some predictable stuff, but I dont think it was that obvious. People are such bitching. Everyone does it from time to time.
The body count was too high for me to believe it would just be definitive. I kinda thought if the pillars were destroyed they would came back, it still happened but due to deus ex machina from the "senpai" Hime. So I didnt called it bullshit I was already expecting, and enjoyed it, it killed a bit of the drama that was built up to that point, and the final fight and boss were lame, but beyond that, it was an enjoyable conclusion. Tate x Mai at the end was BS, it was almost like they were back to scare one. It would be nice some more fanservice for shizuru x natsuki.
But I do enjoy cute stuff, so whenever I have time, and nothing else to do, I will watch it.
I have seen many magical girls genre anime when I was younger, my favorite would be Sakura's.
And yeah, a lot of people don't like Shugo Chara Party because of the little live action segments. I don't know why, but I actually found it entertaining. Just be prepared for some very saccharine stuff. But seeing as you probably like Shugo Chara as much as I do, you'll probably end up liking it.
Am I the only person that actually enjoyed Shugo Chara Party? haha. I love all 3 though. I wish there would one day be another season.
Do you have any cats? I have an orange boy named Lester and an old lady tabby named Tiger :D
I watched Umi Monogatari before Uta Kata. If you like those kinds of shows, I recommend Vividred Operation!
It seems we share a a love for cats and Shugo Chara as well...