Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 20, 2014 2:38 PM
Aug 2013
That psychoanalysis part was indeed funny but i got disgusted when Sato started sexually harassing Misaki like that to much extent...
Mar 23, 2014 3:06 AM
Oct 2013
lol she had to pick Freud as baseline.....yea I would have done the same thing he did just see how embarrassed I could make her....
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Mar 27, 2014 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Wow, really interesting character this Hitomi Kashiwa

I love the complexity surrounding Satou xD

I get a kind of mysterious feel to the series every once and a while and its sort of like reading a novel. Well.. at least for the first 5 minutes that's what i thought... lol

Satou's teasing was really funny though xD that was obvious

LOLOLOLOL

Rofl that ending!
duderusMar 27, 2014 7:58 AM

Mar 30, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
seems like she didnt try to counsel very hard
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 4, 2014 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
And THAT is why you don't leave expensive figures on the floor!
Apr 14, 2014 11:01 PM

Aug 2013
My jaw slightly dropped when he broke Pururin. I feel bad for Yamazaki.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 4, 2014 2:43 AM

Jun 2012
That was really nice of him to decide to continue with the game production, I honestly wasn't expecting him to pull through like that, partly since it doesn't benefit him. Well, he is trying to change.
I was expecting more from the counseling, but it's a start.
I was also disappointed having the scene with his upper-classman be so short. They didn't talk much. . but at least it gave Satou something to think about.
To be honest, I admire Yamazaki's character, as I realized in the scene when he was talking with his parents. He knows what he's doing and what he believes in, which is why he is pretty convincing to a character like Satou.

EDIT: I had no idea what was so funny about the dream, so I went back and re-watched it while considering why Misaki was so flustered. . . and then I got it.
Yasu-kunJul 4, 2014 2:48 AM

Aug 2, 2014 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Why does this always tend to happen..? I feel like I'm a little more fond of Hitomi-senpai than Misaki.
Anyway, the scene about Freud's dream analysis was glorious. Misaki was cute that time.
The last part was so good... until poor Pururin-chan was squashed.
Holy shit I burst out laughing like crazy.. kekeke !!
Aug 12, 2014 10:43 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Whatsifsowhatsit said:
olmecalmighty said:
I kind of had this idea in my head like, oh what does Misaki have up her sleeve? I was expecting something truly unique as her means of ‘counseling’ Satou. I was kind of surprised when I realized that what she meant by ‘counseling,’ was just that. She took out a notebook and started reading to him, and discussing dream analysis. I mean, she seemed like such an enigma of an individual that I was anticipating a quirkier kind of counseling. But it’s still really great, because I can see that she and Satou have really great chemistry together, and it’s going to be funny to see them together—like with the dream analysis. That was too great; her reaction to him was the best.

She might have further plans yet that are "quirkier". And anyway, I do think they have good chemistry as well. It took me some time to begin appreciating Misaki, I wasn't sure if I liked how I felt like she behaved a bit like a know-it-all around Satou, but... I guess with them in their respective situations she gets to be that way, it might even be helpful. I'm liking her more with every episode, anyway.

I think Misaki was just starting out small and simple. As the conseling goes by she might try different ideas and maybe even do physical counseling. I too really wanted to know why Misaki turned red.

Sato destroys Purin-chan xD

Note to self, never leave anime figures on the ground or even out the box.

Sep 14, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
lmao the dream analysis was priceless :D
so he finally wants some help
haha loved their faces at the end
another good episode MORE
[/quote]
Oct 28, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
Even though she's a conspiracy nut with a meds problem, I'd still take Hitomi up on that offer.
Nov 11, 2014 2:01 AM

May 2011
This episode is a great progress from the previous few. Sigh...no mentions of Jung's collective unconscious...and I was ready for that. I keep having a feeling Misaki has an ulterior motive. Can't shake that creepiness of her out of my head. Same applies to the senpai Hitomi's smirk when she looked back at Satou. She technically inspired him to get out of his hikikomori lifestyle - but I have a feeling things would go unexpected.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Nov 18, 2014 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was funny like all the episodes so far.
Dec 22, 2014 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
AHAHA AHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAhahahaha ahahahaha. The Freud scene was GOLD. I haven't laughed so hard at an anime scene in ages - that's saying a lot considering how hilarious this anime has been hitherto. Freud essentially taught all dreams were related to sex in one way or another; Satou using that knowledge to his advantage was bloody genius.

The rest of the episode actually caught me with some feels and unsurprising psychological elements.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 1, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
I have an idea what his made-up dream might have meant xD
And.. It's even funnier because they didn't say it explicitly :)
And that last scene. I.. I.. Almost cried. A childhood trauma.
Jan 15, 2015 1:16 PM

Aug 2012
FestinaLente said:
I have an idea what his made-up dream might have meant xD
And.. It's even funnier because they didn't say it explicitly :)

Huh? It's a well known cliche that when you talk about Freud you talk about penises.

The girl has no idea what she's doing. At least she's trying.
Jan 30, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Hitomi's still a conspiracy nut, nice.

NOOOO not Pururin!
Jul 8, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
This was almost entertaining.
Oct 16, 2015 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
Good episode, I was glad when he finally signed the contract. I'm curious about what's going to happen between him, Hitomi and Misaki. The part with Freud was hilarious too, her reaction. And Lmao when he broke the Purin figurine.
Oct 19, 2015 7:33 AM

Feb 2012
That dream analysis part haha

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 24, 2015 1:46 AM
Nov 2014
That dream analyze part was sick.
Nov 1, 2015 7:51 AM

Dec 2009
Isn't it kind of strange to have a person obsessed with conspiracy choosing to working for the government? I'm still very interesting how Satou and Hitomi's character really works. In the few flashbacks we got throughout the episodes of the two in the club room, they seem to imply that Hitomi was a peculiar girl with a lot of doubts and depression (the part where she asks Satou if he would be sad if she were to die showed her with bandage around her wrist) and I assume that eventually she had an influence on an already lonely Satou with the whole conspiracy thing at the time, causing him to eventually turn into a Hikikomori? They never really explain what triggered him to suddenly get anxious and lock himself up. It must have been a gradual decline after he left high school, since the only friend he really had was his senpai from the Literature Club, and she was gone.

The intro of this episode implies that they made out the day Hitomi graduated, but it's left a bit ambiguous, and they might touch on that later on. It would be an interesting thing to happen, considering they remained friendly before and after that occurrence.

In any case, I can say that the first half of this episode really hit me. In anime series, thing usually happen or get fixed later on, but the way Hitomi told Satou that they should have dated with the prospect of things working out better for the both of them, but unfortunately just didn't, felt very poised. Just really sad, but that's the way it is, and it seems like they both felt like that. Especially since Satou situation only worsened and Hitomi is still depressed and now seeking help from doctors. Let's hope they both find their purpose in life later on, especially since Misaki is now allowed to do her counseling.
Nuky93Nov 1, 2015 7:59 AM
Nov 14, 2015 7:13 AM
May 2015
Now that's a really good episode, but I didn't understand the joke where Sato tells about his dream and Misaki turned into red. Please help me someone and message me.
Nov 19, 2015 6:20 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see that Satou wants to change.

Poor Misaki so innocent!
Dec 25, 2015 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
loved this one, i'll stick with this show
Dec 31, 2015 3:57 AM

Jul 2013
RIP Pururin, and my favorite hentai site Pururin, RIP both.
Apr 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
So Misaki seems to be useless as fuck, she s just reading psycho book to him
May 31, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2016

I like freckles too, but chill....

I'm so happy that he finally signed the contract. This is where it starts to get interesting! I'm surprised it happened so suddenly....plus, I thought his reuniting with Hitomi would all have been a dream. What is the endgame of all of this going to be? That he's been slowly rebuilding his life from the start and he didn't even need her? Is he going to think the whole counselling thing with Misaki is just a conspiracy? The whole "secret notes" thing would fortify that belief. I don't know, maybe I have the wrong train of thought.

IS NO ONE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT OUTRO? I've watched it passionately each episode until now.

8/10
Aug 8, 2016 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Freckles became stubble lol

So Hitomi joined the government while she;s the one that started the whole conspiracy thing with Satou, kinda weird.
Sep 3, 2016 11:22 PM

Sep 2013
Heh, their faces when they figure got stepped on!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 15, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2013
Aww Sato's relationship with his senpai :/

Glad he's taking (funny) counselling sessions from Misaki though hahah the pururin song is now stuck in my head omgosh
Nov 26, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
Somehow, the journey so far is cringe-worthy for me. Hope it gets better.

Also that dream tho XD
Jan 6, 2017 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
I was glad Sato finally started to be more honest (by his own standards). He definitely didn't lie to Kashiwa. I liked the scene with her, it was pretty melancholic, even with Sato's antics. This episode was probably the one where Sato's motivations started to shift towards wanting to improve.

Sato finally stopped lying to Misaki, too. More accurately, he didn't object when Misaki called him out on his lies. Though Misaki has good intentions, and good intuition, she appears to be a little more immature in her practical methods. Which is to be expected, as she's probably still in high school. I assume her current methods won't be the thing that saves Sato, but she might evolve and improve as a therapist or life coach later.

I wasn't into the eroge angle so far, but if the two will take their time with it, maybe it could be something worthwhile. It's a good thing that Sato finally wants to accomplish something with some of his free time.
LeeTailorJan 6, 2017 1:22 AM
Mar 30, 2017 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
Misaki is using some weird things, and she wasn't even the one who wrote them.
Jun 8, 2017 8:51 AM

May 2013
LMAAAAOOOOOO, their faces were priceless! XD

Jun 14, 2017 3:20 AM

Jan 2010
oh no...pururin's dead

overall a great episode, maybe the best so far

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
He totally made up that dream.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 1, 2017 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
I don't think Sato's senpai is such a good influence, offering to supply him with random drugs she has prescribed.

Wasn't Sato going and buying all that anime stuff him directly buying into the conspiracy? Guess that slipped his mind for a bit...

I swear the dub can't keep a consistent pronunciation of 'hikikomori'.

So Sato finally gave in and gave missionary girl the contract! Is he doing it for his senpai?

Yamazaki has some issues of his own to work out...seems like his parents actually care, unlike Sato's (have his simply given up?).

"What's that book?"
"My secret notes."
"What's inside?"
"...Secret notes."

Sato asking missionary girl to explain his fake sex dream to him must be some kind of sexual harassment. He's not taking hikikomori treatment seriously :\ I think she can help him get better!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 19, 2018 12:04 AM

Aug 2013
Nice character development this episode for Satou.. Although it will be interesting to see if he can manage to keep up this newfound motivation of his or if he'll eventually fall back into his old ways. Myself being in a similar position to Satou's at the moment, I can attest to the fact that it can be hard to break the cycle of depression and social anxiety that are/can be some of the underlying factors of hikikomorism. There are definitely some days where I all of a sudden get these huge bursts of motivation to finally be productive and attempt to do something with my life, but they don't last long and I eventually fall back into the cycle of nothingness.

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, male ego is definitely NOT his reason for the extreme lengths he went to cover up his lying to Misaki. It's the fear of rejection and judgement. In that moment where Misaki asked what his job was a few episodes back, he created the web of lies because doing so leads to an easier escape in that moment, even if the consequences of having to actually follow through and un-do the lie is much more time consuming and difficult. He'd rather choose that more arduous path than simply admit he's a NEET hikikomori and potentially be chastised for his laughable social status. Even if Misaki hasn't shown to be the type of person to belittle him like that, he was too scared to risk it.

Also, I want to learn more about Misaki. Who is she? Why is she showing such an interest in Satou? Why does she have such a fervor to help him overcome his hikikomorism? There has to be a good reason.
Sep 11, 2018 8:26 PM

Nov 2017
this anime just got better
Oct 8, 2018 7:12 PM

May 2010
Misaki's so clueless about everything, basically me everytime I had to do any kind of project at school lol.

Also, Hitomi's so intriguing, I'd love to know more about herself and her relationship with Satou :c
Oct 15, 2018 3:48 AM
May 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Misaki's so clueless about everything, basically me everytime I had to do any kind of project at school lol.

Also, Hitomi's so intriguing, I'd love to know more about herself and her relationship with Satou :c

Yeah but Misaki is so cool by being clueless, this is kawaii :D

Maybe Hitomi past with Satou will be unveiled in the next episodes...I guess at least; it would be an interesting point to develop this character ^^
Jul 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Jul 2016
I hope the series starts picking up from here, I wasn't satisfied with the first 4 episodes.
Jul 29, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Damn their faces in the end. Was that a JoJo reference lol.
Dec 5, 2019 1:29 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hitomi is clearly a troubled individual with issues, but she's pretty interesting in her own way. Misaki on the other hand is just plain weird. The bit with the psychonalysis was hilarious though. And don't leave them figurines on the floor!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Mar 2016
Knowing that the senpai only stuck with Sato for 2 years out of pity is just sad, it's no better when she was offering to give him all those medicines and especially saying that they should've been dating just so Sato would not be a hikikomori right now. As a final stab, the way she looked and the way she replied "But you're just a hikikomori' is absolutely devastating for Sato's self-esteem, if he had any. Oof

However, a new development emerges!

Sato decided to give in and have begun attending Misaki's seminar to quit being a hikikomori, furthermore, Sato and Yamazaki can focus on creating their game with no set deadline! Ah, another light of day! I was so excited seeing Sato sitting his ass down and actually typing the script for the game!

PURURIN-chan!!! SUE THE COMPANY WHO MANUFACTURED HER WITH WEAK PLASTIC!!!
Mar 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty nice episode. That psychoanalysis scene was hilarious, though that spicy stuff was quite controversial, although well... Satou just wanted his new and persistent friend to explain his dream, lol.

But damn... Why did they had to crush Puririn figure?! :(
Apr 26, 2020 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
This series seems interesting, Satou as a character seems very interesting too. I don’t know why but Hitomi caught a bit of my interest too.
May 13, 2020 7:09 PM
Apr 2020
RIP Purin ;-;
Not loving Misaki so far but I would die for Yamazaki
Dec 10, 2020 10:42 PM

Sep 2017
Lol Misaki needs to get the freud analysis of the rising snake.
Funny moment.

Well the guys finally get around to making a game
This is gonna be fun

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

130 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:03 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

311 by gyanburubii »»
Apr 30, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

124 by The_anime_noob12 »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.