Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More of another built-up episode. This show feels kinda slow I guess but they are trying to flesh out all the dynamics. Looks like the Trail Krieger pilots from the 8th Autonomous Unit are preparing their plans for an attack. I hope the MC is ready.

Cliffhanger though.
Jul 31, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't expect Tokimune to say that to Jamie near the end there. More action will be coming next week.
Jul 31, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Jaime do not trust Tokimune that much at first. What Samonji said seems to help her remember that Tokimune was the one who saved her and the reason why is she still alive.

Something might happen to Tokimune or in Argevollen next episode. That might explain why Jaime is running in the battlefield.
Jul 31, 2014 9:24 AM

May 2013
Man that was bold of him to say that with everyone hearing. Loved everybody's reaction to that.
Jul 31, 2014 9:27 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Ingelmians are now after the Argevollen. Even if they do get a hold of it, their face would be priceless once they won't be able to operate it. XD

Samonji's strategy meeting was awesome. I really like how calm and cool he always remains. Reminds me of Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero a little.

Lol'd at Tokimune asking if Jamie likes him. He would've thought she likes him. XD She probably does!
Lorenz saying he fell in love with Tokimune a little was pretty funny too!

Battle starts at the end. Did the Arandas side's plan just failed? :O

Show is getting better. Pathetic Tokimune will get some good development soon. Need more screentime for Silfy and Suzushiro. though!

Jul 31, 2014 9:30 AM
Jan 2014
Another build-up episode, with a lot of awkward moments.
Did Tokimune really have to ask Jamie out loud if she loved him? Not quite the best moment for that.
Looks like the plan didn't play out very well. I wonder what happened to those ground troops.
Jul 31, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all. It was pretty much a build up ep but I'm glad I saw more of the enemy side again. Finally they actually want to capture the enemy unit now. Took a while but it seems Jaime warmed up to Tokimune now. Still had to laugh at how Tokimune has direct way of asking her how she feels. Did he like not know that everyone heard him? xD Well I'm excited for the next ep it seems their plan didn't go off well and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds from here.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 31, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2010
MC-kun got rejected by Tsundere-chan.
Jul 31, 2014 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
So a threatening miniboss is on his way.

Really liking how the show is taking its own pace without the need for a battle each episode. Hopefully, they've got the whole story planned out nicely.

Now, is their detachment being left out to dry by their allies - or has something else happened?

MC-kun's talk of secret ops and conspiracy makes a future coup or rebellion all the more likely. Perhaps there really is something going on behind the scenes of this world - and Argevollen's high-spec novelty might be part of that plotline.

The attack plan detail felt a little incomplete - whether that was for time convenience, or a deliberate obfuscating of events - we'll have to see.
Jul 31, 2014 10:38 AM
Mar 2013
You got to be a real asshole to follow someone all the way to a graveyard then when they see you staring behind them and confront you, you act like you were not there and try to leave?? MC opens up to you and she just shitted on him?! LOL

I do understand that he is trying to basically commit suicide. It seems to be a little implausible for him to think answers will come so easily but I think she just wants to save the mecha in the end. I hope a relationship does not happen between them.

Oh and when the captain said you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him that just smacked her right in the face.
Jul 31, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
Tokimune is somewhat naïve, revealing his motivation (ambition?) to someone who met just recently, discussing it in the open. And that question... Forget the time he had when he boarded the Argevollen, forget private com-channel, or even a public one. But the speakers, and right before the start of the mission.

On another note, the whole Jamie-and-Tokimune-must-pilot-the-Argevollen that the corporation is utilizing gives off a mild stench of shady deals
Jul 31, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2014
Decent characterization again, good build up. Jamie and Tokimune start exploring each other. And everything else is playing out nicely. Not a good show for war tactics and world building, but it the inclusion of these details is appreciated.

The major disconnects are the love question melodramatic scene and the cliffhanger. However that isn't ruining the story and pacing.

4/5 - Has me excited for next week and I'm content with the current cast.
Jul 31, 2014 11:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm really enjoying this show. Yeah the animation is pretty poor but it has a lot to offer. They build the tension up slowly, the characters get fleshed out little by little and the actual fighting feels 'realistic' as can be expected when you have an overpowered mecha. There's no kid geniuses or flawless supermen that can emerge victorious out of all situations and none of that "EPIC" music to distract from what's happening on screen.

Tokimune's question in the open was exactly the kind of completely unsubtle thing a blockhead like him would do. The fact that everyone stopped in their tracks when they heard it was rather humorous.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
I laughed harder than I should have at Tokimune asking Jamie is she liked him. Like, eveyrone's expressions and her response were priceless! I may not be 'in love' with Tokimune but I definitely respect him a bit for that!
Jul 31, 2014 11:50 AM

May 2009
That scene was pure gold
Jul 31, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2011
Next episode will probably contain a lot of action.
Jul 31, 2014 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Lol at the end, where Tokimune asked Jamie do she likes him in front of the public.
Jul 31, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Tokimune is now my most hated character of this season,
He's just really stupid, and not the good kind either, I think him asking Jamie if she loves him secured his position as worst MC this season
And if Jamie actually does loves him, I'll give this show such a low rating it'll make blade and soul look like a 5 star anime
This anime isn't getting any better, and I don't see it redeeming itself anytime soon either.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 31, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
Seems like the attack was a trap and it will be pretty troublesome for the guys to get out of this one from the looks of it.
I wonder what they are going to do.

That love question part was really funny.
Jul 31, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2011
Either Tokimune did not realize everyone heard him, or he just doesn't care. I hope it's the later. Jaime on the other hand..she was pretty tense there.

Wondering about that mission though. Seeing that it didn't go as planned, they should fall back. They gathered a lot of info about the enemy there, while not revealing much about themselves, so it would still be a partial success.
Jul 31, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
Poor Jamie couldn't escape after hearing what Tokimune was saying at his sister's grave since he kept talking to her even though she didn't ask anything lol.

Those military higher-ups are freaking annoying with their attitudes and way of talking.

I hope Jamie and Tokimune will learn to work with each other and find common ground.

Ohooo, Tokimune will have to use Argevollen's superior speed and agility to distract the enemy and lead the operation... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

LOL, Tokimune just asked Jamie if she loves him as if it was the easiest thing to do on Earth XD.

Crew reaction OP!

Even Lorenz has fallen in love with Tokimune now... even if only for a little bit XD.

It looks like things aren't going according to the plan!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 31, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2013
i didn't think that tokimune was douche enough to say that with everybody hearing...
and although there are certain things that i really don't like in that guy, i think this show is getting better each episode (imo it started a bit weak)

can't wait for next episode
Jul 31, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2013
it looked to me that someone turned on the speakers when he asked her if she is in love with him. You see the hand turning the key from red to green?

well, that was unexpected jaja
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jul 31, 2014 3:23 PM

Feb 2010
ha, this was a great episode. Kudos to Tokimune asking if Jamie liked him on speaker lol. I think it must've just popped into his head and he said it automatically or something. Mind you, he wasn't embarrassed at all afterwards so kudos all the more XD. Seems like we're getting into the characters bit by bit, really interesting.

Loved the beginning when he found Jamie watching him at the graveyard, their reactions were great. Felt pretty tense with the operation, will be interesting to see what they do from here. So the enemy are gonna try and get Argevollen hmmm.
Jul 31, 2014 4:04 PM
Mar 2012
Damn, that rejection
Jul 31, 2014 4:52 PM

Jun 2013
Tokimune asking that question like a boss lol
Jul 31, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Well that was gold. Not the right time to be asking that..
LOL Lorenz said fell in love in Tokimune XD

Things aren't turning out well it seems in the next episode.

Was it just me, or did both sides mention the name Junios? Did I miss something..
SandyBoiJul 31, 2014 5:22 PM
Jul 31, 2014 6:07 PM

Nov 2013
Dat Tokimune xD
I wonder if he's an idiot or if he just doesn't give a fuck.

Anyway it looks like the enemy saw through their plan to attack and dat cliff hanger. I'm getting this feeling that someone from independent unit 8 will die next episode, I hope I'm wrong though.

4/5
Jul 31, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Tokimune asking the question was funny but I gotta give Jamie props for not being her usual flustered self when she so coolly said no.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 31, 2014 7:11 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man, these MC's sure are annoying what with all this characterization and development they're getting. Tokimune is worst MC this season, how dare he be written as an imperfect, hot-headed,realistic teenage soldier. He should be more like Inaho and solve everything with ease so that the story is made easier to enjoy week to week.
UndeadSoul said:
You got to be a real asshole to follow someone all the way to a graveyard then when they see you staring behind them and confront you, you act like you were not there and try to leave?? MC opens up to you and she just shitted on him?! LOL
Yeah that kinda pissed me off. Not the right time to be tsun. I liked how she made up for it later though by accepting and pretty much embracing their situation.
Jul 31, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2012
I know why the other flares didn't go off, they were all still shocked about the confession.
Jul 31, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2010
Is it possible to say a good thing about this show without shitting on Aldnoah.Zero? Some of us actually like both of them.

This episode completely turned it around for me. The scene at the graveyard was pretty funny because I've been in situations like that where I just want to get away but the other party won't fucking SHUT UP about their personal life even though I never asked lol.

More Takahiro Sakurai is always a good thing.

And I about died laughing when her answer to the question was just a plain "No" with nothing more, nothing less.
Jul 31, 2014 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
AICW said:
Is it possible to say a good thing about this show without shitting on Aldnoah.Zero? Some of us actually like both of them.
By my count, there is one mention of Aldnoah in this thread so far.
Jul 31, 2014 9:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Man Tokimune. Funniest scene of the week so far. And Jamie, good job for not blowing up. You can tell she tried to stop herself. Also lol when that one dude goes, "I think I just fell in love with you a little." Then Tokimune responds with an arigatou gozaimasu. This guy...I think I'm liking him more and more.
Aug 1, 2014 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
I think the anime gained a little more depth, placing a drama in the life of the protagonist, as well ciche, but usually it works, the story seems to get a little more serious and I hope improve battles, Tokimune can still evolve as a character, but do not really like of Samonji, it would be nice if he was involved in the case of the sister Tokimune
hopefully the anime start to amaze ..
Aug 1, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
Great buildup! Why didn't the other flares fire? Malfunction? Betrayal? Or have they already been taken out by the enemy? All together good episode with some good development Looks like Argevollen got hit pretty hard though which explains why Jamie might be going out into the field to repair it next episode.
Aug 1, 2014 9:14 AM
Feb 2013
Well then , looks like the enemy is taking an interest on that Argevollen, so will the enemy get it or will Tokimune give them hell?
Aug 1, 2014 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
Best episode since the beginning of the series, they finally made something good, thank god.
Aug 1, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
LOL i cant believe that guy Tokimune!! I love him so much xD

And oh my god, that conversation...

"Tokimune...."

"YES!?"

"I think i just fell in love with you a little..."

"I see... THANK YOU SO MUCH!"

WTF.
Aug 1, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2011
What a confession. I made the same face as everyone : 0

There plan backfired?
Aug 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
NwAurion said:
Either Tokimune did not realize everyone heard him, or he just doesn't care. I hope it's the later. Jaime on the other hand..she was pretty tense there.

Wondering about that mission though. Seeing that it didn't go as planned, they should fall back. They gathered a lot of info about the enemy there, while not revealing much about themselves, so it would still be a partial success.

Seeing how he bluntly thanked Lorenz for loving him, I think he may not be aware of what love is even about XD (well, the reason for that might be because like and love use the same word in Japanese and he probably meant like)
Aug 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
good episode nice set up for next episode I feel liek there is going to be a big battle
LOL do you love me hahahahahahaha
Well I'm pretty sure she does to at least some degree
[/quote]
Aug 1, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2014
Dat confession! >< This time he managed to stall the advance of his own squad. Tokimune's awkwardness sure is evergrowing.

Hmm. It looks as if they are about to lose Argevollen in the next episode.
Aug 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Jan 2014
Judging by the point spread for this week's episode, I assume that everyone remaining on the Argevollen train are all the hardcore mecha fans?

If so, hi.
Aug 1, 2014 6:49 PM

May 2013
What a cliffhanger ending...

Anyways, "Are you in love with me?" The people's expression was priceless. Freaking gold.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Tokimune...

Heh i guess i'll stick with this until the end just for the 'realistic' military story and the intrigues around Argevollen. I couldn't careless about that shitty dumb pilot anymore
Aug 1, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2007
You know I really enjoy this show so far (aside from some of the QUALITY) but I think I'm developing sort of an understanding as to why it's such a turn off for general crowds. When you consider what's popular these days and what generally stands out this show must probably seem to your average viewer like it's moving at an absolutely glacial pace. Like anybody who is impatient and demands a certain dose of action or is looking for shit to happen right the fuck now and deliver those hype moments is going to be totally put off by this show most likely. So much is just suddenly coming into perspective now.
Aug 1, 2014 9:32 PM
Aug 2, 2014 12:19 AM
Apr 2013
Ckan said:
AICW said:
By my count, there is one mention of Aldnoah in this thread so far.

Naw, there are two, though both of it aren't even about 'Argevollen is a good Anime, Aldnoah is SHIT', in fact, the opposite, so I don't really understand why he/she suddenly got angry there

But hey, if that person really want to see some of that 'Shitting on Aldnoah.Zero' thing, I could give him one
'Inaho is a perfect character LOL, give him 1 second and he'll kill every single Martians without using the Kataprakht'

Jokes aside, I LOL'd so hard when he suddenly asked Jamie whether she love him or not, well, at least he's not one of those Dense Harem Protagonist
Aug 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
I don't even want to start with an expletive laced comment but....

Tokimune is the most delusionally arrogant and fucking stupidly idiotic MC I've ever seen! I think his sister isn't turning in her grave at how absolutely bad this shitty little excuse of a kid grew up to be.

You want entitlement? He has it, he thinks that the higher ups are hiding shit from him and he has a right to know. Listen kid, your sister was doing a lot of government classified shit, it comes with the territory, you DON'T have the right to know. You should be happy that respected the family enough to even tell you she was dead.

You want Arrogance? Voila! He thinks he's hot stuff and that he deserves all the bitches and that Jamie is in Lurve with him because Jamie is working so hard on HER COMPANY'S Product to ensure that it's a success. And then to air his "speculation" out to the team, embarrassing her in the process. Arrogant, Chauvinistic pig with a serious case of delusions of his own grandeur. Nuff said.

You want delusions of grandeur? Oh boy you got one helluva case here. He thinks that just because he's using the latest-state-of-the-art mech, that he's gonna shoot up the promotion ladder just as easily as snapping his fingers.

This is the WORST MC I've seen in a long, long time. I never thought anyone would be worse than Rygart, but seriously this guy takes the cake and eats that competition out of the water.

The only reason why I'm sticking around is to watch every other single cast member EXCEPT for this poor excuse for a human being. I hope to hell that the director cuts him and his over-inflated ego down to size over the course of this show, because you know those overly confident secondary characters that normally get their asses handed to them before learning to become a good guy?
Tokimune is pretty much that character, which is undeniably wrong because he's suppose to be the MC of this show.

Rest of the Cast: Realistic and interesting
Tokimune: Failure of an MC
HESTIAAPPROVES
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

76 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 11, 2017 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

194 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 8, 2017 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.