Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 24, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I hope the MC learns from his mistakes now.

Episode felt really slow. I hope the war picks up again but I think Tokimune feels a little more confident now, even if it's just a little.
Jul 24, 2014 9:06 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Damnit! Those white beams blinded my eyes! At least an uncensored scene would've made the show a little better. Oh well..

I'm really liking Samonji's character. Loved how he lectured Tokimune and told him his judgement wasn't wrong, even if he disobeyed the order.

Poor Jamie is now stuck with the Argevollen and thus it's pathetic pilot. Of course she's be refusing to stay with the military. I feel bad for her in a way.

Oh, Tokimune had an elder sister who was killed? I bet it was some military officials from the Arandas' side.

Okay episode. Hopefully, our pathetic MC will get some good development soon.

Jul 24, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Is it just me or the OP changed in some parts?

So that is his sister's pic in the phone? His resolve seems coming together now somehow.

Looks like he had a rough time. Wonder how Samonji and Tokimune related together? Samonji also visited Tokimune sister's grave,right?
Jul 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2007
Not a bad ep. They finally get the rest they needed from being near the enemies for so long. I'm glad the teammates also warned him that it could cost Tokimune his life. Say wha? Argevollen is a prototype!? That's pretty impressive to be one. I can't imagine a complete one then. It was nice of the Captain told Tokimune that he was thinking of shooting him and what would have truly happen.

Well it seems Tokimune is in charge of it but man that Capatin face. It looks like he a very nasty smile on his face right now. Also nice to see Tokimune has a sister its probably the reason why he is willing to go to such lengths. Well next ep ought to be good since we could get that much needed development for Tokimune.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 24, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
A good character-developing episode; we saw how Samonji and the other soldiers reacted to Tokimune's actions, and I think that the issue was tackled in a satisfactory way. Also, I smell some corporate-dirt aura emanating from Suguro, the HQ representative.
Jul 24, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2012
I agree that the issue was handled very well. Keeping it intimate and handling it personally rather than formally not only strengthens their bonds as a unit, but it's the best way to make Tokimune feel punishment without penalizing him. We already see the development from him(along with some welcomed background). Anyone still knocking him is just looking for something to pick at.

Love the atmosphere of the show. Whether its out in the fields of battle, or at base camp awaiting what's to come, it feels very genuine and realistic.
Jul 24, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2012
Looked like the Captain was standing in front of MC sisters grave. Wonder if he will be the one who got her killed.
Jul 24, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
Love the atmosphere of the show. Whether its out in the fields of battle, or at base camp awaiting what's to come, it feels very genuine and realistic.
Precisely why I'm watching this and liking it more than Aldnoah.

Yes, this was a well done character building episode, everyone got screen time, a bit of development and some background. I don't think Tokimune will have that same smile when goes back in the mech tho, while Jamie is having the right reaction as to never going near the battlefield again, though having her still go was a bit iffy and felt somewhat contrived. It works either way as a given excuse to have her close to Tokimune.

4/5 Perfectly paced episode doing exactly what it promised.
Jul 24, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 2014
Mizeteo said:
Is it just me or the OP changed in some parts?

Some parts of the animation sequence have been definitely changed.
ResidentJul 24, 2014 11:10 AM
Jul 24, 2014 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Some fanservice scene.....on

I loved how Samonji lectured Tokimune.

Jamie is now struck with the Argevollen.
Jul 24, 2014 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
I can't believe this season has a month already...
Why would someone have technology for robots and not for bombs and planes? ._.
Oh, so the main character is looking for vengeance, interesting.
Jul 24, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2008
Is it me or does it look like something will happen between Samonji and Suzushiro eventually? I don't know but it feels like she might have a thing for him? Also, was Samonji in a relationship with Tokimune's sister?
Jul 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
The score is still going down. I wonder what people hate so much about it, I really don't understand.

HatsumiShinogu said:
Is it me or does it look like something will happen between Samonji and Suzushiro eventually? I don't know but it feels like she might have a thing for him? Also, was Samonji in a relationship with Tokimune's sister?

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if Tokimune knows about it.
Jul 24, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2011
I rewatched the scene where Okui punches the protagonist like 8 times, it was incredibly satisfying.
Jul 24, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
Everyone that was bi*ching last week about him not getting punished for disobeying orders should probably be pleased by this episode. It was well handled. The only bit I thought was a bit unrealistic was the issue of the company behind Argevollen casually letting the best mecha on the field be in the hands of that unit and not have more staff in place to evaluate it.
Jul 24, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
YumeNoMonogatari said:
The score is still going down. I wonder what people hate so much about it, I really don't understand.

I ask myself that too. Yeah, the budget for this is probably pretty low and the animation is mediocre at best, but there's been much worse.

I guess that people react badly to the fact that the MC isn't a soft spoken omniscient badass a la Mahouka or Aldnoah. Seems to be the fashion at the moment.
Jul 24, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2009
I'd actually say this was the best episode so far. It held my attention from beginning to end. Gotta give the show props for being very realistic. Well, besides the giant mecha.
Jul 24, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
good episode
got some character development and set some things in stone for us
lol her boss can be very persuasive XD
[/quote]
Jul 24, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
best episode so far, and yeah, i don't want the mc to become a cold hearted douche, but i don't want him to keep acting as a kid either
also, if he is engaged in a fight again, i hope he fights back
Jul 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Hope Tokimune has learnt his lesson this time.
Was good when Samonji was lecturing Tokimune
Ah so he's doing all of this for the sake of vengeance.

Wonder how he'll go in the next fight.
Jul 24, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2012
dam white censor bar

think his sisters death is the reason 4 his anger issues and jumping into battle try to save ppl
Jul 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2012
wow 6.54 wtf lol. It's not THAT bad.

Good character development with his comrade giving him a little piece of his mind. The dialogue between him and his commander was pretty good as well. Even though he cannot condone his behavior from a military standpoint, he supports his actions as a human being.

Jul 24, 2014 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
Well paced episode and what was needed after 3 episodes of fighting. I was thinking the captain had a soft spot for Tokimune, it's why he hadn't already have him killed/ let him get away with everything he has done so far. I think there is a lot more to their relationship though, like some people have already mentioned I think Tokimune's sister is involved somehow. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 24, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2013
Slight changes in the OP visuals.

We saw more of Lieutenant Samonji so that was cool. I liked his conversation with Tokimune about duty vs. morals. Also Tokimune got scolded by his squad mates for his rash actions. Hopefully he learned his lesson now.

Poor Jamie is stuck with Argevollen now. And it turns out that Tokimune actually wants revenge for his sister. That was unexpected, I had thought he's just trying to be a hero and wanting to protect people, which he IS doing based on his actions in battle, but it looks like his main/initial reason for fighting/joining the army is revenge.

Best episode yet 5/5
Jul 24, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far. Why? Because Tokimune wasn't yelling. I really hope he'll change for the better now that the Captain has given him a good talking to.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 24, 2014 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
Zeally said:
wow 6.54 wtf lol. It's not THAT bad.

Score will improve once the drop and vote people's scores are discounted under the 25% rule. I suspect Samonji may have been the boyfriend of the sister based on what we've seen as the backstory thus far. Frankly the whole company that made the mech seems somewhat sketchy--that's a pretty big jump in technology to suddenly be introduced with no fanfare and no prior knowledge anywhere. We've already seen that this world seems to have an unsymmetrical technological development (no visible air force) and I'm not sure if that is just poor world building, or actually important as a plot point. Also, things seemed suspiciously peaceful in that city for a country that is supposed to be fighting for its life against an aggressive foe.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 24, 2014 9:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Brego1 said:

I guess that people react badly to the fact that the MC isn't a soft spoken omniscient badass a la Mahouka or Aldnoah. Seems to be the fashion at the moment.

Have you actually looked through the discussion threads thoroughly for the two shows? I'm pretty sure Tatsuya got/is still getting quite a lot of hate because everyone thinks he's a Gary Stu. Inaho hasn't gotten much praise either until the third episode. People haven't liked Tokimune much so far (but at least it seems like the hate has died down in this episode because of how everything was handled) because of his rash and somewhat frustrating personality, but a lot of people don't seem to like stoic characters either. Sorry, just had to throw it out there. And honestly, Inaho isn't any super OP guy like Tatsuya is, he's actually pretty normal so far in terms of skills but at least he is able to think and plan. Anyways, I actually thought it was nice that Tokimune wasn't able to pilot the Argevellon so easily right away. I doubt most people actually care if the main character is OP or not, just whether or not they're competent.

Okay now that's out of the way, I'm liking this more now. Tokimune has learned his lesson and fully understands now the consequences of his actions, though at the same time, he learns that Samonji didn't think that Tokimune was entirely wrong either. I also agree with AlexTheRiot that the best part of this anime is the realistic atmosphere.
Jul 24, 2014 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
T3hSource said:
AlexTheRiot said:

This show feels like it's more focused on just doing what it needs to do and speaking for itself while Aldnoah is bound by basically trying to keep hype at an ongoing high and just being popular for the sake of being popular. Both shows have their strengths and weaknesses, which I'm kind of okay with. I'd rather their be two very different mecha shows airing at the same time than two that aim for the same thing.

And yeah people really fucking hated shows MC Tokimune for some reason really early on and I'm pretty sure the show just utterly failed for them on account of the MC having personality flaws right from the get go. It's funny how absolutely hit or miss sci-fi MC characters can be these days and how there's a very razor thin line between a great one and one that is utterly revolting to people/
Jul 25, 2014 12:04 AM
Mar 2013
Meh. I thought the guy with the glasses was gonna slap Jamie.
Jul 25, 2014 12:28 AM
Mar 2013
Now Tokimuna is permanent Argevollen's pilot and Jamie is permanent key then when they want to use Argevollen Tokimune will be able to watch that ass every time, that nice. XD

I think Saimonji was Tokimune's sister boyfriend or something.
also that OP, will Saimonji be Tokimune's enemy later?
Jul 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Apr 2013
Taming Tokimune episode?
Well, he needs to learn his lessons sooner or later. You can't just do w/e the crap you want just because you're the MC. Oh wait...
Jul 25, 2014 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
Good, finally there are some character development for Tokimune (Although i felt that the captain words on him had some subtle messages that he shouldn't give a fuck to military's order and do what he believes is right instead). Nevertheless i do really hope he gets better in later episodes.

But the company who created Argevollen is an idiotic garbage huh. It's the company most valuable asset yet they're totally cool to let a minor engineer and a rookie pilot handle it either because they're really too dumb to create a system reset function, or because Argevollen is just a prototype for their later projects.
Jul 25, 2014 2:27 AM

Jun 2014
So, if Tokimune dies due to a freak accident they'll just send Argevollen to the scrapyard? A rather flawed concept, but it's a prototype after all.
This episode was alright, we got some character development which was meh in my opinion.
Overall this episode was a 3/5 for me.
Jul 25, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
Beast666 said:
Good, finally there are some character development for Tokimune (Although i felt that the captain words on him had some subtle messages that he shouldn't give a fuck to military's order and do what he believes is right instead). Nevertheless i do really hope he gets better in later episodes.

But the company who created Argevollen is an idiotic garbage huh. It's the company most valuable asset yet they're totally cool to let a minor engineer and a rookie pilot handle it either because they're really too dumb to create a system reset function, or because Argevollen is just a prototype for their later projects.

Convenient writing, that is.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 25, 2014 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
Plans that should have been followed through on.

Jul 25, 2014 4:15 AM

Nov 2013
LTRoosta said:
So, if Tokimune dies due to a freak accident they'll just send Argevollen to the scrapyard? A rather flawed concept, but it's a prototype after all.

Beast666 said:

It's possible to change the pilot but like they said it will take time and it's harder than it sounds. As for leaving it with rookies I'm guessing all they care about is getting battle data to improve this design and any other future designs they are working on. So why waste time and effort to change the key/pilot if you can still get data with the current pilot/key? The whole "do you know how much this costs?" talk was probably just to put some pressure on Jamie not to show that they care about who pilots the prototype.

At least that's how I see it.
Jul 25, 2014 7:59 AM

Apr 2010
So Jamie had some though decisions to make in her career.
Either put herself in danger and start making career or be safe and no career at all.
And it seems the main learned something as well from his actions.
Jul 25, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
T3hSource said:

This show feels like it's more focused on just doing what it needs to do and speaking for itself while Aldnoah is bound by basically trying to keep hype at an ongoing high and just being popular for the sake of being popular. Both shows have their strengths and weaknesses, which I'm kind of okay with. I'd rather their be two very different mecha shows airing at the same time than two that aim for the same thing.

And yeah people really fucking hated shows MC Tokimune for some reason really early on and I'm pretty sure the show just utterly failed for them on account of the MC having personality flaws right from the get go. It's funny how absolutely hit or miss sci-fi MC characters can be these days and how there's a very razor thin line between a great one and one that is utterly revolting to people/

Considering that Tokimune's actions nearly got his whole squad massacred in combat, specifically when their orders were to stay alive and to keep their own people alive, I think it's pretty obvious why people hate him. When you're an MC with personal flaws but those flaws don't affect (or in some cases are beneficial) to those around you, then those MCs will be tolerated or even garner support. No one likes MCs who completely mess up the flow of things for their own ideals, specially at the cost of other peoples lives. The fact that Tokimune did not seem to feel that he did any wrong in two of the first three episodes pretty much exacerbated that problem.

Let's be completely honest, it was PURE plot-armor that saved his gross insubordination from being punished by anything more than the flick on the wrist that we saw this episode:
1.) He just so happened saved a civilian with some miraculous prototype robot that can pretty much beat up any other mech on the market during his insubordination.
2.) He just so happens to be the ONLY one who can drive it.
3.) None of his squadmates died in the first 3 episodes. Had ANYONE of his teammates died, I'm pretty damn sure that they would have dragged him out of the fight and court marshaled him, regardless of his ability to pilot that machine.
4.) He didn't die or get captured himself during the last fight. Given all the stupid stuff that he did, you have to admit that it was only plot armor that saved him from being knifed by the enemy ace pilot or crushed and buried by boulders.

When an MC is selfishly thinking about his own desires but still finds the space to care about others, that makes him an arrogant but relatively decent MC. When MCs like Tokimune or Ry-fart from Break Blade show up, well it's pretty much like shit hitting the fan. Their arrogant attitudes cannot be shrugged off as being individualistic because they don't give two shits about the people dying around them. I don't know about most people, but as someone who has friends in the military and has a healthy appreciation for the authority and the proper order of things in such a setting, I can't help but feel repulsed by Tokimune's lack of respect for authority or his squadmates. He had those beatings and all the jibes from his squadmates coming. It was only due to plot armor that none of his squadmates weren't even angrier than portrayed, and didn't isolate him either. In a real life setting, they would have shipped him out to see a shrink, dishonorably discharged him, and ensured that he never steps foot on the battlefield ever again.

You put your own teammates in the line of fire for no reason, you can be sure you'll never have their trust ever again if they all make it out alive.
L-RyoshiJul 25, 2014 9:09 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Considering that Tokimune's actions nearly got his whole squad massacred in combat, specifically when their orders were to stay alive and to keep their own people alive, I think it's pretty obvious why people hate him. When you're an MC with personal flaws but those flaws don't affect (or in some cases are beneficial) to those around you, then those MCs will be tolerated or even garner support. No one likes MCs who completely mess up the flow of things for their own ideals, specially at the cost of other peoples lives. The fact that Tokimune did not seem to feel that he did any wrong in two of the first three episodes pretty much exacerbated that problem.

Let's be completely honest, it was PURE plot-armor that saved his gross insubordination from being punished by anything more than the flick on the wrist that we saw this episode:
1.) He just so happened saved a civilian with some miraculous prototype robot that can pretty much beat up any other mech on the market during his insubordination.
3.) None of his squadmates died in the first 3 episodes. Had ANYONE of his teammates died, I'm pretty damn sure that they would have dragged him out of the fight and court marshaled him, regardless of his ability to pilot that machine.
4.) He didn't die or get captured himself during the last fight. Given all the stupid stuff that he did, you have to admit that it was only plot armor that saved him from being knifed by the enemy ace pilot or crushed and buried by boulders.

When an MC is selfishly thinking about his own desires but still finds the space to care about others, that makes him an arrogant but relatively decent MC. When MCs like Tokimune or Ry-fart from Break Blade show up, well it's pretty much like shit hitting the fan. Their arrogant attitudes cannot be shrugged off as being individualistic because they don't give two shits about the people dying around them. I don't know about most people, but as someone who has friends in the military and has a healthy appreciation for the authority and the proper order of things in such a setting, I can't help but feel repulsed by Tokimune's lack of respect for authority or his squadmates. He had those beatings and all the jibes from his squadmates coming. It was only due to plot armor that none of his squadmates weren't even angrier than portrayed, and didn't isolate him either. In a real life setting, they would have shipped him out to see a shrink, dishonorably discharged him, and ensured that he never steps foot on the battlefield ever again.

You put your own teammates in the line of fire for no reason, you can be sure you'll never have their trust ever again if they all make it out alive.

there are people in the military who have disobeyed orders and have been called heroes and they havent been court martialed, and no one has been outraged by that, and the situations were a lot worse then this. besides there are anime that have the characters do the same things as the mc in this show, so its not something new
Jul 25, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2013
So the MC is looking for the one who killed his sister. And lieutenant was her boyfriend?
Finally, some plot. Oh and some other "plot" too :)
Jul 25, 2014 1:01 PM
Jan 2011
Poor Jaime, looks like she got herself drafted in the army.
Jul 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
tingy said:
Brego1 said:

Have you actually looked through the discussion threads thoroughly for the two shows? I'm pretty sure Tatsuya got/is still getting quite a lot of hate because everyone thinks he's a Gary Stu. Inaho hasn't gotten much praise either until the third episode. People haven't liked Tokimune much so far (but at least it seems like the hate has died down in this episode because of how everything was handled) because of his rash and somewhat frustrating personality, but a lot of people don't seem to like stoic characters either. Sorry, just had to throw it out there. And honestly, Inaho isn't any super OP guy like Tatsuya is, he's actually pretty normal so far in terms of skills but at least he is able to think and plan. Anyways, I actually thought it was nice that Tokimune wasn't able to pilot the Argevellon so easily right away. I doubt most people actually care if the main character is OP or not, just whether or not they're competent.

Okay now that's out of the way, I'm liking this more now. Tokimune has learned his lesson and fully understands now the consequences of his actions, though at the same time, he learns that Samonji didn't think that Tokimune was entirely wrong either. I also agree with AlexTheRiot that the best part of this anime is the realistic atmosphere.

Have you been active in the Aldnoah forums? People there have been riding on Inaho's dick so hard that it's sickening. "omg he's such a badass" "so stoic!" "i like him a lot! he's so smart" Ugh...

Say what you will about Tokimune, but at least he somewhat resembles a real, "green," human being, albeit incredibly naive. Now, don't get me wrong -- Tokimune also frustrates me, so I'm agreeing on that part, but at least it's because of his personality and naivete, as opposed to Inaho's lack of said human characteristics and traits. Tokimune has room to grow; Inaho has... well, now they have to give him a personality, I guess?

Argevollen is so under-rated. It's a shame.
Jul 25, 2014 3:31 PM
Feb 2014
Raziel1991 said:
I rewatched the scene where Okui punches the protagonist like 8 times, it was incredibly satisfying.

I didn't rewatch it, but it felt good.

That aside, this was a really really solid episode.
Evey scene felt realistic and very natural.

There was a very mature and genuine look into the realities of war. It was wonderful seeing Tokimune understanding that he did endanger his comrades. Also, while a teeny bit out of the blue, it was great to see Jamie be terrified of the battlefield. That ahould be the natural reaction to wars.

Is it just me, or does Samonji seem to have some darker motives for telling Tokimune to use his great power... it's like he's manipulating the kid somewhat...

Overall, this series is slowly climbing the ranks in my summer anime list. Having almost dropped it in the first episode, it's now become a solid 7/10, with this particular episode gettig a 9/10. It's really too bad animation is kinda poor. There was this one scene in the car wth Jamie and the other engineers where the houses looked like paper houses xp... but the story and even the music r turning out extremely well. One of the better anime for me atm, and in some ways, it's turning out much better than Aldnoah :)
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 25, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, got more insight into the characters and development. It was nice to see Tokimune realise that he endangered the unit and go to take responsibility for it. I can really respect people like that :'-). And poor Jamie basically ending up with the military in the middle of a war. That's gonna be rough.

The changes in the opening are interesting...
Jul 25, 2014 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was very necessary, it seems lke this series works way better when it focuses on the military aspect, which makes me think this series may had worked better without the op mech.

Still we got actual genuine character interactions and emotions from just about every major character, sadly jamie's was wasted on pathetic fan service used to bait people into buying the BD's(which i what i was expecting seeing the directors abysmal track record) Still I think this was a improvement but its where it goes from here thats really going to determine if this series is climing out of a hole or just digging further in.

I want to believe this series has potential, but scenes like the shower scene, the directors track record, and the inconsistent and sloppy action/writing of episode 3 seem to be keeping me at a distance from that statement.
JizzyHitlerJul 25, 2014 5:50 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 25, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
I really wonder about that Kinerva company. Given that someone from HQ actually appeared right away, and not only after everything is done etc., they may play a bigger role from now on.

Nobody knows a thing about them, they create a mech like 10 generations ahead of the others, they test it that close to the border (though that might be explained with secrecy)..

That guy from HQ was weird by himself, both while talking to the military and when talking to Jaime. Given the situation they are in i don' think it's weird that they let the military have it. It may be convenient writing, but once it's set up with the "linked to pilot" etc., it does make sense.

I also don't think they really have choice. Not only would Argevollen be in enemy hands and Jamie either dead or captured (and given that she did work on the Argevollen, i don't think they can replace her justl ike that. You choose people carefully for projects like this) if Samonji's squad hadn't saved it - what would they actually do to get it back?

Military HQ already chose to let Samonji decide, Kinerva does not have *any* pull, at least not directly, they would have to go through whoever supports them to make the brass reconsider their decision. And given that they are losing, i don't think they really want to give up something like that.

Samonji may also not have been telling that guy everything. Why would he tell him "yeah, our pilot is a total rookie" etc.? Jaime may be told her boss, but she is not exactly in a position to judge mech piloting skills.

They also actually made it back, without any previous experience with the Argevollen. The chances of it returning in one piece from any future battles should be way higher, too
Jul 26, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2014
So I might change my opinion for our protagonist, Tokimune. While this show suffers from cliche and generic plot/character, this ep feels rather decent.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 26, 2014 12:31 AM

Jan 2013
The protag aside, the sad thing is that this tryhard pseudo-military setting makes no sense at all.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 26, 2014 1:05 AM

Oct 2007
L-Ryoshi said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I know all this....and? It's not an ideal situation for anyone, that's kind of the point. People spend so much time bitching about the main character and shit that's pretty obvious and like it's default bad writing or something instead of talking about anything else. It's a shitty way to watch a show but whatever. i haven't really seen an episode I would call bad, it's kind of up my alley so I guess I just don't understand the cause for mass bitching besides MAL being MAL again.
Jul 26, 2014 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
You know, I like flawed characters just like everyone else, the problem here is that Tokimune has exactly the very same flaws that craploads of other shounen protagonists have and that makes the main character of this show just bland and generic. And I agree with L-Ryoshi. I think Tokimunes punsihment was not enough. Under normal circumstances if you disobey orders in a warzone not just once but twice its only natural for you to be court martialed and I dont care how much of rookie he is, absolutely everyone in the army is expected to follow orders. The captain himself said this at the end of the episode I think. An army with no discipline is not an army that can be taken seriously.
Raziel1991Jul 26, 2014 1:35 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

72 by oooo3333 »»
Dec 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

31 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

74 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

91 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Poll: » Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

194 by SakurasouBusters »»
Mar 8, 2017 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.