Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 18, 2014 10:25 AM

May 2012
Awesome new OP and well lovely concept to travel back in time! Loli Hanekawa was the best :D but to be honest I want Mayoi to stay loli :@ Either way great episode let's see what's next!
Jan 23, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Seems shit's gonna hit the fan next episode.
Feb 7, 2014 6:06 AM

Dec 2010
FUNFACT:
the truck has HUSO written on it.
in german that is short form for HUrenSOhn, which means "son of a b!tch" xD
Feb 9, 2014 4:42 AM

Oct 2013
Hanekawa was so incredibly cute. And also Shinobu in school uniform. I think I'm turning into a Pedophile.
Feb 27, 2014 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
Just 2 things:
1 - Messing with time is usually not a good idea because the smallest thing can lead to a huge catastrophe.
2 - Durararagi is a huge lolicon. It was clear before, but this episode proved it to be a fact :)
Mar 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
"We came back from the past and nothing has changed" - Said no one ever!
Apr 1, 2014 4:37 AM

Oct 2013
the world was destroyed? nani?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 12, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, that episode was so great. I wonder how they'll explain that by saving a little girl life, the world will be at the edga of apocalypse :)
But I'm glad like that, I would be mad if my favorite loli was gone :O

So we got to see little Araragi and little Hanekawa. She also totally owned them xD
Araragi is such a creepy pervert. That's why I love him :D

When he lifted Mayoi skirt, I really thought that we would learn that he was the cause of her death xD

But now she have been able to meet her mom. What happened after? What if contrarelyto what Shinobu said, Mayoi hadn't died after that?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 2, 2014 11:46 PM

Mar 2014
SPOILER ---THAT TIMELINE IS AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION ... MEANING THE PAST DOES CONNECTS TO THE PRESENT TIME BUT...ONCE YOU HAVE CHANGED JUST A THING ON THE PAST... IT WILL CONNECT YOU TO ANOTHER FUTURE WHERE IT WILL REALLY CONNECT/CONTRADICT ON THE SAID PAST.--- ...

New OP is cute enough!!
So the mission is to save Hachikuji before she will die tomorrow!? lol!! wtf is that!? .. Well.. that's the reason all I can think too ... but its world wide destruction at the future!!
so its not the case , its not just for hachikuji but also the other people too... Shinobu said something like "you can't obviously. That would change many fates of many persons" (and probably you won't met senjougahara because her problem is solved. and also you met her because of the problem right!?) Isn't that you're changing a girl's fate by changing it !? I think they're thinking that .. "its not about the quantity.. its about the quality" or something and also they're in favor of bringing the dead to life ... (I don't really give a damn..Its not my life anyway.)
Koyomi.. you have nice reason to stop hachikuji from dying ehh...
I had the same reaction on LOLI hanekawa... SHE IS SO KAWAII!!! DAMN IT I AM HAPPY!!
I felt like I am in heaven... LOLI!!! ....
he really acted like a loli pervert lol!!
Restraint!! ... I feel for you bro.. *Restraints*.. cries blood.. (I need to restraint myself also!!)
OH GOD... student shinobu.... DAMN KAWAII!!.. SHE LOOKS LIKE HANEKAWA WITH A BLONDE HAIR!! DAMN I AM SO HAPPY THAT IN A MOMENT I BELIEVED I CAN FLY!!!
Now... it was said she is destined to die... and after ruining "destiny"... Destiny changes everything from now up to the future!!
Force of history!? then earlier... Force of destiny!!? so many Forces lol!! (that's many forces has been stopped anyway..)
He did his best to play dumb... noble enough.
Mission complete!!
so another shinobu came too on that alternate era!? hmmm... so the only possible reason why that future is gone waste land mode is... Something bad happened after the events of hachikuji's saving!? like "Shinobu met koyomi but in another way that he didn't became a vampire.. ... They become friends... then blah blah... They become very deep relationship like being best friends.... then again some times later... Koyomi die of some incidents... then now , Shinobu just got mad like shit.. then she plans to destroy the world for what happen on koyomi.." or something like that !? well.. its my own theory anyway..
That Ending lol!!
Good Episode!!!

ANOTHER SPOILER -DOWN- (this one is too long but its has connections on the story.)
Well.. It really will affects future greatly if something important was change in the past.(well.. if you're gonna examine it carefully .. That something important is just a minor event [as in.. it will not affect anything ..{because little just care for her death so it will not affect all the people on the world just for her death} ...on the current timeline if one girl died..well.. now its not the case ,so the future world changed drastically because the girl was saved.. who in the current present, the girl mayoi supposedly died .. so thinking that... One girl can affect Time itself if you changed just a low leveled event on the past!!.... Time is really unpredictable!!] but it became big enough to completely alternate the current future greatly...well..It was Destiny that changes everything up to that point of destruction because.. -->Someone named Shinobu got mad enough to destroy the world!!!<-- This space is a spoiler . Tip : Don't Mess with the Time!!)
Its on the laws of Time and Space anyways.. If you want to get a better outlook ..(Check out the Past arc of TWGOK. it will really explain about Future-past contradictions or something. and its on the manga btw.) Damn ... Time and space is really a mind riddle to know its colors... Now that I Think about it ... my answer is just as confusing as that time riddle itself lol!!

Myself after getting all the facts straight... : MINDF*CKED ....My brain hurts a little...
It seems like I typed a f*cking long pool of words again.. !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2014 3:15 PM
Dec 2011
Little Hanekawa and Shinobu version of Hanekawa :D my fragile heart can't take anymore abuse <3
Jul 12, 2014 6:19 PM

Nov 2012
What? World got destroyed because Hachikuji lived? Loli Hanekawa was so cute. I could understand why Araragi went apes on her.
Aug 10, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2012
The world was annihilated? WHAT
Aug 18, 2014 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
Okay, I definitely wasn't expecting that.
This episode gave me a Stein's;Gate type of feel with the "can't change the past".
Sep 9, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2013
Best arc ever.
OMG, Shinobu is so cute.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 29, 2014 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
Extremely cute episode. Shinobu making Hitagi look like a shitty heroine. The humor was very pleasant. I'm really liking Second Season so far
Feb 23, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
The situation becomes clearer, as regards the plot, I wanted to believe that there was another, but the harsh reality is easier to predict, or save Mayoi.
Drawings not bad, nice narrative.
Nice the opening.
Araragi again shows its "true" nature! ASD
Mar 9, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2014
Oh my .... loli Hanekawa!! \(*o*)/

I knew that messing with the past will be bad but seriously! What's the relation between saving a little girl from getting hit by a car and world annihilation?? Can't wait to see that relation :D
Mar 22, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2014
So much greatness had in this episode. Now, let's see just how bad this snowballing butterfly effect is.
Mar 31, 2015 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
The world has been annihilated? Whaaaat?
+1 for the loli hanekawa though :D.
May 11, 2015 2:28 PM
May 2015
Anyone know the name of the song playing when they found Hachikuji at the park?

EDIT: nevermind, found it
Senpai_no_HMay 11, 2015 9:53 PM
Aug 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
This arc is turning out to be better than usual.

2/5
Aug 14, 2015 11:38 PM

Nov 2011
Wanted to see all the characters in their youth but i can live with this.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 20, 2015 1:39 AM

Nov 2014
Now that's a cliffhanger
Sep 19, 2015 12:03 AM

Sep 2014
LOLI!!!!! Oh um ep 8.

Plot: Now 11 years in the past, Koyomi resolves to save Hachikuji from her fate. After a bit of a stumble and nearly causing her to die, he succeeds and guides her home to her mother. Unfortunately that caused the end of the World. Whoops.

Character: LOLI HANEKAWA! SO ADORABLE! Shota Koyomi was a surprise but Shinobu's reaction was hilarious. Like Master, like servant.

Koyomi brought his comedy A game. From his reaction to Hanekawa and Mayoi to his back and fort with Shinobu. And SHinobu with glasses is awesome. All arguments are invalid.

Animation/sound: Afro and tears of blood Araragi made me lol hard.

5/5. When messing with the TIme stream, it will respond with a resounding F*k you and cause an armageddon. Don't screw with Time.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Oct 12, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
Awawawaaaw, young Hanekawa! *so cute* (and here I thought it was nice to see young Araragi by that time). And middle-school Shinobu too!

And Mayoi saved! Maybe.. Something's fishy here.

Eh, an it was actually Shinobu who brought those aberrations in heavy numbers to their city? I have a hunch that hill energies has something to do with Nadeko too. And it seems draining those energies back then did some great damage to the city.
Jan 13, 2016 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
Loli Hanekawa was just... Omg... Cuteness level over 8000!
Feb 10, 2016 9:41 AM

Mar 2014
That cliffhanger almost gave me cancer
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 27, 2016 6:38 PM

Jun 2010
Seemed to me the officer who gave Araagi instructions to Mayoi's house was his own mother.
Mar 29, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2015
Araragi's mom hooking it up with directions? Also if they couldn't control how far in the past they went how can they control how far in the future they go? Also loli Hanekawa was sooooooo cute. New OP was better than the last, but still not a huge fan. Also Hachikouji caused the end of the world? What...?
Apr 30, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
And the pervert wins again.
May 16, 2016 2:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Shocking revelation at the end of the second episode of Kabuki-.

---
Impactante revelación al final del segundo episodio de Kabuki-
Aug 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, all the lolis... too cute.
That foreshadowing at the end... damn it.
Sep 21, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
I certainly did not expect to see time travel in Monogatari. What, the world has been annihilated? O_O
Apr 8, 2017 4:57 AM

Nov 2016
Lol lol lol. Flat Hanekawa rules! Amazing, she's all flat! Lolicon Araragi was hilarious xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2017 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Ah, Araragi...you're more of a bad influence then you realize. Shinobu wanting to grope "shota Araragi" was pretty hilarious.

So just saving Hachikuji annihilated the entire world? Yikes...wonder how that worked out. Guess I'll find out next episode!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 25, 2017 12:37 PM
May 2012
wow, hanekawa so cute and adorable!!!
Jun 26, 2017 9:20 AM

Jun 2013
Ohhhhh, now this is very intriguing!
Sep 5, 2017 3:11 PM

May 2014
Loli Hanekawa, Shota Araragi and Junior High Shinobu *o*

Pretty foreboding point the episode ended at, now to see just how much they've screwed up the present!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 2:53 AM

Jun 2016
That was a great and melancholy episode. Jeez.

Shinobu and Araragi went back in time, specifically 11 years ago, to save Mayoi from dying. Saving her means Araragi won't meet her 11 years later. Jesus fucking Christ. That made me sad as fuck.

Going back to the past means meeting the little versions of the female in his harem. Haha. They saw young Araragi and Shinobu suddenly turned into some kind of perv. Haha. He was so fucking cute. Waaaah. Heck, he turned into a hottie helloooo. ;-;

We saw loli Hanekawa (according to Shinobu) and Araragi lost his shit and wanted to assault her. I'm dead. Then they asked her for directions where Tsunade-san lives then she directed them to the police station. Lmfao loli Hanekawa. And her line not knowing everything she still carried it with her 11 years later.

I didn't know vampires can go back in time. That was mindblowing.

GREAT. FUCKING. EPISODE.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 30, 2017 10:02 AM

Jun 2016
Woaaahh, this episode was satisfying in many many ways, from Schoolgirl Shinobu to loli Hanekawa, the chase for her, Koyomi carrying Shinobu around, and also as many says, probably that policewoman was Koyomi's mother. (very sharp from you, Hanekawa, sending him to the cops!)

I hear also that many conversations from the LN where cut out, i should read it sometime but i'm lazy *w*
Nov 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
Did anyone notice the white cat (Black Hanekawa maybe) wandering through a scene when Aragi and Shinobu were talking about rescuing the others?
I actually thought Aragi would be responsable for Mayois death. Anyways a very plausible ending. Cute episode overall. (y)
Apr 23, 2018 6:15 PM

Dec 2016
This was a fucking masterpiece of an episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 5, 2018 4:05 PM

May 2018
5/5

Ah, I loved Loli Hanekawa and to see Araragi going crazy along with her :3:3:3:3:3:3.

How so the world was destroyed just because the Mayoi was saved ... strange, I'm very anxious for the next episode.
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Jan 28, 2019 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
Shota Araragi, loli Hanekawa, and junior high Shinobu were all really cute :) I was thinking we should do more of this time travel stuff to see more characters, but then they apparently annihilated the future o__o; The prices we pay for cute.

Of course the first thing Araragi does when he sees Hachikuji is flip her skirt. And then he saves her (although it was his fault in the first place lmao) and says
I see. A pervert. That's unforgivable. Well, there's all sorts of weird people out there, so you should be careful. It's a good thing a guy like me, a picture of the word respectable, appeared."
LOL. That was great.

Now the question is, how did saving Hachikuji lead to the end of the world? 😳
Apr 28, 2019 2:46 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, that was a pretty scary episode... they saved her at least, hopefully.
May 17, 2019 9:18 AM

Dec 2018
Changing the past, it really works.

I'm just gonna write the impact of saving Hachikuji here, it's just my guess though:

1. Hitagi didn't love Araragi
2. Tsubasa confess her love to Araragi
3. Araragi killed by Kanbaru (lol)
4. Meme doesn't leave the town.
5. Meme meet Kagenui and Kaiki

The real cause of the catastrophic future is little Tsubasa seeing a wild Araragi.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 28, 2019 9:06 PM

Sep 2017
Bummer that Shinobu's initial theory of needing to use her initial energy proved false. I was hoping we would get to see Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade again. Shinobu's reaction to Shota Koyomi was simultaneously terrifying and hilarious. Araragi is being a very bad influence on the young impressionable Shinobu if Shinobu is already THAT perverted. I figured that their placement in time involved Hachikuji, considering that's what Araragi was thinking of when he leaped through the time gate or whatever they called it. I feel like it has repeatedly been established in literature and other anime that fucking with the past is a very bad idea. Wouldn't recommend going down this route, Araragi. Shinobu is managing to be very unsupportive yet supportive at the same time. Impressive. Loli Hanekawa! Brilliant! 10/10 show. Loli Hanekawa is adorable. She looked like she was having fun while Araragi was chasing her, but I imagine a high-schooler chasing you would be pretty terrifying as a 5 or 6 year old. Araragi's hair doing... that and him beginning to cry blood was hilarious. Of course Hanekawa directed him to the police station, lol. What kind of map was the police officer drawing that she needed to use THAT many colored pencils? Wait, isn't the fact that Araragi wants to save Hachikuji in-and-of-itself paradoxical by nature? If he prevents Hachikuji from becoming an aberration, he never meets her 11 years in the future and thus never has a reason to save a young Hachikuji from becoming an aberration in the past. I'm going to stop thinking about this before I give myself a headache. Shinobu x Hanekawa is adorable. "Large backpack" is a bit of an understatement, Pa. Amusing that Hachikuji is exactly where Araragi first met her. Why was his first instinct to see her bloomers? Good man Araragi, getting hit by a truck to save the loli. Does it really get that dark in Japan as early as 4 PM? I like Shinobu's nicknames for the past versions of the cast. Yeah... Let's not ever let Shinobu drink Araragi's blood again. Sounds like a bad idea. What happens if she doesn't chant the spell? Isn't that bad? OF COURSE THE WORLD GOT ANNIHILATED. That only makes sense.
Mar 6, 2020 12:23 PM

Mar 2018
Catastrophic repercussions after saving Hachikuji... wonder how it happened.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

May 30, 2020 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
*Him voice* As you raced through time, the whole world went to heck!
Aug 19, 2020 12:49 AM

Aug 2019
damn when you said this episode would be your last for the night but the episode ends on a foreshadowing note.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

421 by MysteriousFriend »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.