Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Aug 24, 2013 8:25 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
GL getting back. Even the coloring of this episode reminds me of a past. Nice talk about fate I guess. Lol, is that a mini Tsubasa? ;o I have to admit that the OST of this episode was pretty catchy.

Oh shit, Mayoi spotted! Pretty decent episode imo. Watching Araragi-kun getting hurt was painful though.

Aug 24, 2013 8:25 AM

http://i.imgur.com/ycXHhRF.jpg
Kitten Hanekawa was a nice surprise, watching both her and Araragi freak out was pretty funny.

http://i.imgur.com/XS2dMaY.png
School uniform SHinobu! Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I thought him chasing Snail was going to cause her to die hahaha.

http://i.imgur.com/afQCFYf.png
Kira kira Araragi!

Time to go back to the future! But Araragi's ominous tone at the end worries me.
Modified by VioLink, Aug 24, 2013 8:54 AM
[center]

Aug 24, 2013 8:29 AM

Looking more and more best girl every day, Shinobu.

And I wonder just how badly they've fucked the future.

Aug 24, 2013 8:58 AM

Amarrez said:
Looking more and more best girl every day, Shinobu.

And I wonder just how badly they've fucked the future.

a lot but dont realy want to spoil it lol
Hanekawa tried to stretch herself to the limits, after that her facial expression became resolute, and in that state she inserted her hands inside the hem of the pleated skirt of her uniform.

I thought she would once again flip up her skirt for me, but, no matter what, Hanekawa didn't do such a thing devoid of logical connection.

Instead she took off her panties.

Aug 24, 2013 9:35 AM

Man.. That new OP takes cute to a whole new level.
Then we got to see little Hanekawa, Shinobu in a school uniform, AND more Hachikuji. This whole episode was just packed with pleasant surprises.

The scene where Araragi first saw mini-Hanekawa was hilarious. Araragi was crawling and crouchwalking towards her lolol. Then the two of them chasing each other up and down the streets was pretty amusing

I got goosebumps for a second when that truck was about to hit Hachikuji.
This episode was great. Really interested in what'll happen next.

Aug 24, 2013 9:41 AM

are u guys just watching this raw or what?

Aug 24, 2013 9:55 AM

tankoubon-feind said:
are u guys just watching this raw or what?

Yep.

Aug 24, 2013 10:57 AM
o god. LOLI HANEKAWA. gif of ararararararagi chasing her pls. his lolicon nature is rubbing off on shinobu too lulz
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 24, 2013 11:13 AM

omg Araragi trying to endure not molesting loli Hanekwawa was golden XD

Good old Pedoragi. Completely forgetting his main objective and succumbed to flipping Hachikuji's skirt.

Aug 24, 2013 11:21 AM

KingCez said:
o god. LOLI HANEKAWA. gif of ararararararagi chasing her pls. his lolicon nature is rubbing off on shinobu too lulz

http://i.imgur.com/ecwEYIB.gif
http://folderman.www2.jp/s/fc1113.gif
[center]

Aug 24, 2013 11:39 AM

[url]http://miterew.com/movie/play/sm21671679[/url]
Snail always has best OP
Modified by olboyfloats, Aug 24, 2013 11:43 AM

Aug 24, 2013 12:26 PM

I'm just wondering...

Was the police officer in the station Araragi's mother?

Aug 24, 2013 4:06 PM
Sure looks like it. This episode reminded me a lot of Steins;Gate

And that was one hell of a cliffhanger huh

Aug 24, 2013 4:18 PM
They skipped my favourite dialogue from the LN :(

Aug 24, 2013 4:25 PM

I <3 this show so much.

Aug 24, 2013 4:43 PM

Shit's gonna hit the fan next week. Cant Wait!!. Best arc in the 2nd season imo.

Aug 24, 2013 5:22 PM

ALLCAPITALSRAGE said:
They skipped so many chapters whole and parts it wasn't funny! Only good thing was...
But man, they skipped a ton of good stuff. I thought they would end it a couple of chapters earlier. 100 pages for one episode! I think that must be a record for Monogatari and it isn't a good kind of record to break. Only good thing is there are only 150 pages left so the last two episodes probably won't skip as much as this one did... Read the novels for the whole story!

When I read it, I too thought at first, "Uh oh, what if the reason why Hachikuji jumped into traffic is because they tried to go and save her and she got scared and ran... oops!" But no, they saved her. But, again when I read it, it made me think of a temporal causality loop, now that they saved her they don't need to go back in time... so why are they still back in time? Hmm...

Wasn't all I was hoping for. But still a decent episode I guess.

Aug 24, 2013 5:48 PM
What did Koyomi say at the end? Awesome episode. Chibi Hanekawa!!

Aug 24, 2013 5:49 PM

hpulley said:
ALLCAPITALSRAGE said:
They skipped so many chapters whole and parts it wasn't funny! Only good thing was...
But man, they skipped a ton of good stuff. I thought they would end it a couple of chapters earlier. 100 pages for one episode! I think that must be a record for Monogatari and it isn't a good kind of record to break. Only good thing is there are only 150 pages left so the last two episodes probably won't skip as much as this one did... Read the novels for the whole story!

When I read it, I too thought at first, "Uh oh, what if the reason why Hachikuji jumped into traffic is because they tried to go and save her and she got scared and ran... oops!" But no, they saved her. But, again when I read it, it made me think of a temporal causality loop, now that they saved her they don't need to go back in time... so why are they still back in time? Hmm...

Yea, this is why I was pissed at the recap episode, less episodes for the other arcs. (Also I heard there were going to be recap for each arc) :/ if the other arcs are going to animated like this i'm a little concerned...

Aug 24, 2013 6:25 PM

It is worrying indeed. While Neko Shiro skipped stuff and some important stuff, with 5 episodes in a shorter novel it skipped a whole lot less. At this rate I am worried for the whole second season.

They are re-using soundtracks too. I really like the Bakemonogatari soundtrack, don't get me wrong, I just listened to it today while reading. But... doesn't something that sells this well have the money for a new soundtrack? And to avoid recap episodes??? Sigh... two more episodes of Kabuki... then... recap episode 2 most likely (it is coming, just not sure when).

Aug 24, 2013 7:45 PM

Talk about butterfly effect. Greatly looking forward to what this will entail.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 24, 2013 7:49 PM
LMAO Shinobu acting like a pedo with little Araragi in the begining

Aug 24, 2013 8:04 PM

SalmonSandwich said:
hpulley said:
ALLCAPITALSRAGE said:

Yea, this is why I was pissed at the recap episode, less episodes for the other arcs. (Also I heard there were going to be recap for each arc) :/ if the other arcs are going to animated like this i'm a little concerned...

I also hate how they skip a lot of parts from the novel. There is no reason for Shaft to rush things like how they are doing. Hopefully they will add scenes in the BD release.

I also hate these recap episodes that are going to air after the end of every arc. I feel like these recap episodes are only made so Shaft can have more time to animate the next arcs. I mean, I could see one episode but five?! The Monogatari series is really popular in japan so it is not like the people watching this season don't know what happened in the past seasons.

Aug 24, 2013 8:09 PM

Looks like I'll need to read the light novel for this arc.

Anyways, I enjoyed it.

Aug 24, 2013 8:10 PM

RediceRyan said:
Looks like I'll need to read the light novel for this arc.

good luck
HELP KYOANI HEAL

Aug 24, 2013 8:15 PM

Best episode so far imo. Oh my sides.

The new op is rather good.

Shinobu's reaction to shota Koyomi was my favorite, but Koyomi's encounters with Hanekawa and Mayoi were great too.
I also loved the part with the disguise hahah.

Aug 24, 2013 8:19 PM

Ok that was totally awesome.Arararagi one of best MC's ever.
''We found out that world had been destroyed'' - holy.I don't think im able to wait another week to see next episode...just. ゜(`Д´)゜

Aug 24, 2013 8:23 PM
iLostReason said:
''We found out that world had been destroyed''
Yeah when I saw that I was like well damn isn't that a bit of an overreaction universe?

Aug 24, 2013 8:31 PM

Too much shinobu *Nose bleeds*

Aug 24, 2013 8:53 PM

This series is pure gold. Great episode, hanekawa and shinobu were so cute!!! ! ! ヽ(´ ▽ ` )ノ
Modified by teasoul, Aug 26, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 24, 2013 8:53 PM

OMG little Tsubasa's soo cute!

Aug 24, 2013 8:54 PM

Someone plz make a gif of Araragi with that afro and bleeding eyes.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 24, 2013 8:56 PM

This show is pure gold.

- imgur.com/a/XKbtk - pics from this episode start at img #98

Aug 24, 2013 9:10 PM

This arc is full of win, though i wish they didn't omit the dialogue before they slept (showing shinobu's fear of Gahara) and the wonders of collar bones.
Modified by RockerXD, Aug 24, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 24, 2013 9:20 PM
I still find Araragi's pedophilic tendencies strange, disturbing and frankly wish they didn't exist, but I did like the episode overall. The series is known for it's conversations and out of all the pairings, I think the rapport between Araragi and Shinobu is second only to Araragi and Hitagi.

Aug 24, 2013 9:29 PM

I'm so ready for next week.

Aug 24, 2013 9:51 PM
I guess now they have to go back again and see what went wrong.

Aug 24, 2013 9:56 PM

Vox_Populi said:
I still find Araragi's pedophilic tendencies strange, disturbing and frankly wish they didn't exist, but I did like the episode overall. The series is known for it's conversations and out of all the pairings, I think the rapport between Araragi and Shinobu is second only to Araragi and Hitagi.

it doesn't really bother me with shinobu and hachikuji for some reason but I have to admit I was a little put off by his pedobear instincts in regards to 6 year old hanekawa but on the other hand I don't think he really thinks of them sexually he just has a weird way of expressing how cute he thinks the lolis are kind of the same way he treats his sisters.

Aug 24, 2013 10:13 PM

tankoubon-feind said:
Vox_Populi said:

it doesn't really bother me with shinobu and hachikuji for some reason but I have to admit I was a little put off by his pedobear instincts in regards to 6 year old hanekawa but on the other hand I don't think he really thinks of them sexually he just has a weird way of expressing how cute he thinks the lolis are kind of the same way he treats his sisters.
I've always seen it as a tongue in cheek way of mocking loli lovers and also as a tool to lighten the mood after some of the more serious scenes.

Aug 24, 2013 10:23 PM

This episode just remained why I bothered watching the entire series in the first place.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.

Aug 24, 2013 10:36 PM

That ending. Got to love Shinobu too lol

Aug 24, 2013 10:38 PM

Fantastic episode. Hanekawa is so cute as a child. Araragi's reaction was absolutely hilarious, he's such a paedophile. He started bleeding and his hair was all messed up. XD So many good Shinobu and Araragi moments in this episode. Shinobu looks great in middle school uniform. Araragi was able to save Mayoi but in doing so the present world was destroyed. Holy shit, just changing an accident really changed the future/present immensely. Mayoi's arc is a lot better than I had expected omg! :)
5/5

Aug 24, 2013 11:20 PM
Ooh what a mean way to end the episode with! Now I can't wait to see what happens next week.

Also loli Hanekawa was seriously too freakin' cute.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Aug 24, 2013 11:31 PM

Shit. Loli Hanekawa, Pedo Shinobu and especially Shinobu in uniform. I can now die in peace

Aug 24, 2013 11:53 PM

Lolol, chasing Hanekawa around like some maniac was hilarious. Wanted to see child Senjougahara as well! Araragi carrying shinobu everywhere was really cute. XD

Want to see what'll happen next time already.

Aug 24, 2013 11:56 PM
Pedo Shinobu is just adorable, I didn't know why Bakagari didn't just let her hug him.

Aug 25, 2013 12:18 AM

We need a gif of Araragi holding Hanekawa in the air, lolis make the world go around x_x

Aug 25, 2013 1:39 AM

For the people who've read the LN. Where can I read Kabukimonogatari?
It's not fully translated on BT...so where did u read it?

Aug 25, 2013 1:52 AM
Hitagi's Pet

Loved this episode. From the great cliffhanger to chibi Hanekawa and Araragi, seeing Shinobu much more participacive as a character and Araragi being his old perverted self. Look forward to see what they've done to themselves.

Any chance that the policewoman who they talked to was Araragi's mother?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 25, 2013 3:02 AM

loli hanekawa and shinobu in megane,

aaah, i want go to past time again to watch this episode again.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »