Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, Ash and Eiji reunites like bros.

The episode gave me an interesting vibe about the progression of the character relationship building. Between Ash and Eiji, it seems they are catching up and moving on with their futures.

Can't wait to see Ash's next move.
Nov 1, 2018 10:37 AM

Mar 2012
I wish MAPPA kept in the scene with the doorman at Ash and Eiji's residence for some exposition but I guess that's what the remaining series will be from now on. Lots cut out due to being short on time.

It was a good episode.

Hope you all enjoyed the light-hearted episode from last week. From here on out, it will just be seriousness and/or despair for the most part....

Take heed of all that was said in this episode.

MetaKiteNov 1, 2018 10:57 AM
Nov 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Feb 2017
Oh. Oh God. First, let me scream these spoilers:

Okay, but about the actual episode:
It was a tough one. I almost cried at that scene with Yut-Lung and his brother. He's just a lost child, I feel extremely bad for him. Seeing him suffer hurts.
I'm kinda sad they deleted famous hot-dog dialogue but it was to be expected, they're trying to steal most traits from Eiji. He was always cute but he was never this kind of soft, human sheep.
Also, that part when Ash wanted to gain info about Banana Fish. Just... no. Just no. It was too heavy for me. Of all scenes, they decided to leave THAT... But they made pervert's corpse look very realistic and this is what I liked.

Anyway, I'm not ready to see things we're going to see.
Nov 1, 2018 11:42 AM

Sep 2018
This was one of my favorite episodes so far. The soundtrack, while usually great, was absolutely incredible this episode. And the mystery lingering from the last words said by Blanca after the scene between Ash/Kippard....I can't wait for next week!
Nov 1, 2018 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
annelora said:
Okay, but about the actual episode:
It was a tough one. I almost cried at that scene with Yut-Lung and his brother. He's just a lost child, I feel extremely bad for him. Seeing him suffer hurts.
I'm kinda sad they deleted famous hot-dog dialogue but it was to be expected, they're trying to steal most traits from Eiji. He was always cute but he was never this kind of soft, human sheep.
Also, that part when Ash wanted to gain info about Banana Fish. Just... no. Just no. It was too heavy for me. Of all scenes, they decided to leave THAT... But they made pervert's corpse look very realistic and this is what I liked.

Anyway, I'm not ready to see things we're going to see.
I'm not happy about how much the anime has babyfied Eiji but it's not a real surprise. Blanca is meh to me and always has been. I hate the Blanca/Ash shipping I see online. I will vehemently disagree with you on Yut-Lung. May he suffer and rot in hell. He's the worst and of course I can't add anymore because of spoilers.
Nov 1, 2018 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
Ayyyy Blanca is here at last!! The hype is real

I also wish they'd keep more of Eiji's quips from the manga. But I'm really satisfied with this ep, I think they kept most interactions intact at least. Anyway with this new arc shit is gonna get real
Nov 1, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah Blanca is here ;)

a lil silent ep compared too the rest but shit is going to go down soo so i cant wait
Nov 1, 2018 1:06 PM

Jun 2014
Ash came so close but this Blanca guy straight up destroyed that Kippard creep. We're entering the final stretch of the show and I can tell shit is definitely going to hit the fan.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 1, 2018 1:09 PM

Aug 2017
Blanca is very dangerous. We have more antagonists killed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2018 1:27 PM

Feb 2016
Holy shit that cliffhanger tho!

Blanca seems to be a very dangerous assassin and his stealth is something that not even Ash can withstand :o Damn
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 1, 2018 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
I loved Ash, and Eiji's reunion, with the hug, and with Ash asking Eiji to remain by his side again in his own, embarrassed manner. It was so pure, and beautiful. ♥ I just wish he could see an ally or something in Sing, just like Eiji was capable of being honest with him, because it's painful to not know the truth.

But it's sad/ironic that Eiji's existence was pretty much the trigger to turn Yut-Lung against Ash. Yut-Lung took the "easy" way out, and decided to join forces with Golzine in order to get rid of his clan faster, helping that monster to get more power in the process by killing the people from the foundation. And Ash almost learned the 'big' name behind them, but the new character named Blanca prevented it from happening, and it seems he was his mentor or something.

I can't wait for more, but even though I'm "glad" that Yut-Lung is being able to exact his revenge, I'm really sad with the way he is going, even though I kind of expected it. Eiji should tell Ash that Yut-Lung is going to target him instead of Ash too, but maybe he wants to avert his eyes from the fact that he is Ash's "weak point". I hope he will realize that he gives him strength, and comfort soon, though I didn't like the way he was so sure about the love Ash's mother "felt" for him, but I know he was only trying to comfort his beloved blondie so it's fine.
Nov 1, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2018
Blanca, finally!!! The VA is good, very similar to how I pictured his voice during manga reading.
However, I noticed visuals being a bit off, chins too big, head too small etc.. Also Max seems thinner and not so well-built compared to where he was in prison.
"It hurts not be told the truth.." completely agree with this one.
I am really curious if they will animate arcs with
Sing is my new favourite. It´s hard to believe he is only 14.
Overall, good episode, as always.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Nov 1, 2018 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
The moment between Ash and Eiji was adorable ^.^ as always Eiji and his provocation XD "I like that. Say it again";"Come on, one more time" he says. Priceless!

Damn... Ash got unlucky with the interrogation at the end >.< I wonder who's this new guy, cuz it seems like he knows Ash too well o_o I feel more trouble approaching, especially with Yut-Lung...
Nov 1, 2018 4:33 PM

Aug 2007
Ash better hire Golgo 13 if he doesn't want to get killed. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Nov 1, 2018 7:22 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty good episode with some slow burn progression here.
Nov 1, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2017
That Ash/Eiji moment before the op was really nice. The pacing felt good despite the fact that I'm sure they are cutting stuff. Yut Lung is on a bit of a rampage and we got some assassin guy who's gonna be a pain in the ass I'm sure.
Nov 1, 2018 8:00 PM

Nov 2016
Blanca seems to be a total badass and apparently Ashs former mentor.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 1, 2018 8:45 PM

Dec 2014
Still Eiji X Ashlin... seems like the new guy was ash mentor or something...hmmm
Nov 2, 2018 1:28 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Cool episode!

Looks like Ash’s mentor figure is on the run against him now.
Damn, the mysterious vibe of the episode was brilliant! Eiji and Ash’s scene were nice to have but the rather awkward bed scene in the end definitely wasn’t! We got a little bit of info of Ash’s mother too.
On the other hand, it seems as though Yut-Lung seems to have a conspiracy of his own now making connections with Golzine, let’s see what he’s up to.

Overall, a great Episode and I’m looking forward to seeing Ash v Blanca soon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 2, 2018 3:48 AM
Aug 2018
Its really cool to see the mysterious stranger. Ash and Eiji were great this episode. The ending scene was fire. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 2, 2018 4:16 AM
Aug 2014
alchemist11 said:
Ash better hire Golgo 13 if he doesn't want to get killed. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I was thinking of golgo 13 when ash made the comment he had to be an amazing sniper.
Nov 2, 2018 5:05 AM

Oct 2008
Ash getting paranoid is amusing!
looks like we have someone who is the same level or much better than Ash himself!
5/5.

Nov 2, 2018 6:11 AM

Aug 2018
Masshiroi said:
Blanca, finally!!! The VA is good, very similar to how I pictured his voice during manga reading.
However, I noticed visuals being a bit off, chins too big, head too small etc.. Also Max seems thinner and not so well-built compared to where he was in prison.
"It hurts not be told the truth.." completely agree with this one.
I am really curious if they will animate arcs with
Sing is my new favourite. It´s hard to believe he is only 14.
Overall, good episode, as always.

I agree with what you said about the animation, it seemed a little off with a ton of faces being out of proportion. Blanca however was an exception, and his VA got his voice exactly as I imagined. Having said this, I feel I could be bias but the acting in the whole series is of a really high standard. Also, gotta love Sing!

Aside from the animation issues, this has been another great episode. Somehow, I feel sad that there's only seven episodes left of this amazing series.
Nov 2, 2018 8:02 AM

Feb 2014
So Blanca is like the Boogeyman eh?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 2, 2018 9:35 AM

Mar 2012
dasprn said:
I think John Wick is actually worse but Blanca isn't far from that.
Nov 2, 2018 10:08 AM

Dec 2016
I just love how flustered Ash gets when he talks to Eiji lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 2, 2018 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Last scene is 10/10.
the rest of episode was cool tho, but jesus, Blanca seems badass af.
Nov 2, 2018 12:19 PM
Nov 2015
we love Ash and Eiji 's hug. this was a great scene. All episode is was amazing. maybe This was one of us favorite episodes. we've loved The soundtrack. it was absolutely incredible this episode. GREAT FINAL SCENE
Nov 2, 2018 12:21 PM
Mar 2013
Ash and Eiji hug was so deep, you can sense their affection and how much they care about each other even though there is no sex and the time they spent together isn't that long.

I wonder how will they adapt the ending ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Nov 2, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
I liked Blanca he is one great sniper, I wonder what it will be like when he meets Ash in person. I'm glad the story is focusing on the banana fish drug, because its been swinging towards gangs and the Golzine/Ash feud rather it.

Good episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 2, 2018 7:15 PM

Feb 2014
MetaKite said:
dasprn said:
I think John Wick is actually worse but Blanca isn't far from that.

Hmm that sounds interesting....
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 3, 2018 12:52 AM
Oct 2007
Rooted to my chair the entire time. The directing is top notch once again. 7 more episodes to go.. That's not enough!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 10:56 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
pretty good ep.

Nice to see Eiji and Ash together again and Blanca seems like a real badass through and through. Very excited to see how things go with him being around.
Nov 3, 2018 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Based on Eiji and Ash's conversation on the ferry, I wonder if they will ever meet his birth mother later on?

I like Yut Lung even though he's bad, I'm allowed to like antagonists too, I think compared to the other antagonists in this series, maybe aside from Golzine, he's pretty clever and works elegantly unlike the other baddies.

Blanca is a great addition, since Arthur is dead, I wanted a new antagonist who would pose a problem to make it more exciting. He's a great sniper, killed that senator from a distance.

I noticed that Ash still isn't bothered or at least, doesn't outwardly show that he's bothered by using his body and good looks to get what he wants. He was ready to get used by that fat senator to get information.

We'll see a showdown between the master and the student, Blanca and Ash.
BibimbapskiNov 3, 2018 7:57 PM
่‡ญใ„-
Nov 5, 2018 2:02 AM

Apr 2018
Ash and Eiji finding one another again was lovely. Significant developments there are well, the whole sunset (and Eiji's face was adorable!) And the ferry ride is an insight into their lives where they are at peace with one another.

Yut and Golzine taking out one another's obstacles was savage on a another level, both for the plot in that they are both gaining power, and because they're closer to turn their attention to other matters.

To that end, Blanca is now in the picture, and that is terrifying. That he could track Ash, and be aware of Ash's strategic plans involving senator Kippard, and be one sniper rifling step ahead was chilling.

They are all outstanding of course, but hands down a best episode, that was incredible!
Nov 5, 2018 7:51 PM
Apr 2016
Started this yesterday and caught up at literally one of the best cliffhangers i saw through any episode. Also, the synching of the music to that death was outstanding.
Nov 5, 2018 10:07 PM

Feb 2015
Ash finally go back to meet his gang where Eiji is. They talk with Sing about what happened with Shorter. Yut-Lung finally demostrates his skills and made a treat with Golzine, so Golzine will help him to get rid of his brothers. Ash and Eiji go to investigate more about the drug, but, through the day Ash feels that he has been followed. Ash had a meeting with Max, so they talked about the drug. It's revealed that the person that has been following Ash is an assassin named Blanca, under Golzine's instructions. Ash manages to make a blackmail attempt against Kippard, but, he was murdered by a sniper in front of his eyes.

For me, this episodes was boring. Slow and paused. Developed the story. It looks like that assassin, Blanca, is gonna be a pain in the ass for Ash's plans.
Atlas77Jan 1, 2019 8:19 PM
Nov 6, 2018 2:38 AM

Jul 2016
Blanca is fucking badass
Dec 11, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2016
It was a good episode, more like an introduction for some major events that are to come but good nevertheless.

I'm glad both Ash and Eiji met again and that hug scene felt really deep.

And that Blanca dude seems to be an interesting character as well. A professional killer I guess. So, I can see Ash having big troubles dealing with him later on.
Dec 22, 2018 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
Ash finally reunites with Eiji and his gang. They were all super happy to see him. I wish Ash would open up to Sing. He seems to want to keep Sing in the dark about everything.

Sadly it looks like Yut-Lung is gonna team up with Dino so he can take out his brothers. He must really hate his family, though I don’t blame him for all they did. I really wish he would fight on Ash’s side.

Ash feels like he’s being followed throughout the episode. It seems Dino has hired some skilled assassin named Blanca to watch Ash. I think it was mentioned that they know each other as well. Hmm..

Ash goes after Kippard to get information. Like every other powerful man in this show, He is a pervert, so Ash is easily able to fool him with sex. But before Kippard can even say anything, Blanc shoots him through the window. I wonder what Ash will do now?
Dec 28, 2018 8:50 AM
Dec 2017
I was fangirling so much at the kissing scene
Jan 19, 2019 7:24 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can't quite understand the mentality between the conflicting mind of Yut-lung, he says stuff like “The days of nationalism and being controlled by blood ties are over” and yet at the same breath proceeds to plot the murder of Some big shot and everybody related by blood, that's one miserable fragile mind.
Pretty quite episode, that is, until Blanca appeared, quite the sharpshooter, and him putting Ash in that perspective sentence made him look like a potential mentor of his, after all, those skills must have been honed by some professional. We're more likely to end this with a student-mentor duel, it's going to be spicy, and God, please leave Eiji out of it, but seeing how vital he was for steering action in the show, it's most unlikely that he'll be out of it. And even then, there is still Yut-lung in the corner.
Apr 8, 2019 3:19 AM

Dec 2013
Good thing that Ash found Eiji safely. Yut Lung has a deep anger towards Lee clan. And Blanca appeared. OMG the last scene made me surprised ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I wonder if Sing will still help them

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Jun 1, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2010
Aaaaaaaand it's on again. A more dangerous foe appeared. Blanca being a professional killer screams danger for Eiji.

Argh and Yut Lung teaming up with Dino, though logical, still pisses me off. I really wonder how this series will end.
Aug 29, 2019 6:28 PM

Aug 2007
The bloody dead body scene transitioning to an omelet with ketchup being cut is a really neat artistic touch.

Sep 19, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
Blanca isn't to be messed with!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 15, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2010
Wow, Blanca looks and acts like a giant bear. Doesn't seem to me like a totally bad guy though, for some reason.
Jul 30, 2020 6:25 AM

Jun 2020
i see everybody getting hyped about Blanca, while i'm just figuring out who he really is lmao. but this episode contained less violence towards ash, him and eiji seem to be getting a lot closer(which i live for) this is getting more interesting making me wonder how this series is gonna end
Nov 20, 2020 8:15 AM

Jul 2020
New character introduced
Apr 11, 2021 12:49 AM

Jan 2021
Aww they cut out the weiner joke Eiji makes when he goes to get the hotdog! Also that line where Ash says to Kippard "sorry, this isn't a boner your feeling" goddammit.
CalmTeaTimeJan 9, 2022 10:13 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2018

120 by tenmeis »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

350 by Rabbit_holes »»
Jun 5, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by tenmeis »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.