Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 9, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, interesting to see the episode focus more on K.K. She's been kinda in the background but this episode made me like her a lot more.

She's not just a badass sniper but is also a mother. What I find interesting is seeing a detailed version of her life outside her usual work. She actually seems pretty normal and really does care about her kid.

K.K is s a clever woman tbh. With her hands, she can operate certain gadgets for dangerous purposes. Pretty interesting stuff overall. They shouldn't assign her work on Parent's Day in the future.
Stark700Dec 9, 2017 11:35 AM
Dec 9, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
I didn’t realise K.K had a family of her own.

Poor K.K was struggling to juggle both work and parent day at the same time. Funny how a blood beed was in a similar position she was.

K.K was more fun than I expected in this episode.
Dec 9, 2017 12:59 PM

Jun 2015
This episode focusing on K.K. was amazing. We barely got to see her that much and this episode made me like her even more. Being a mother and having a job is tough, but she really cares for her family. It was interesting that another blood breed was at the same school that she was at. He's in a similar position. In the end, she won against him. I loved it when she saw her son talking to a girl. It's a shame she moved away, but at least they have Famebook to talk to each other.
Dec 9, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2015
Went into this episode thinking "meh who cares about K.K." but ended up really enjoying it, really sweet and cool episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 9, 2017 1:21 PM

Oct 2014
This is exactly why the episodic structure of this season is so good. We wouldn't have great episodes dedicated to characters whose potential went untapped in the previous season.

K.K. my new favorite character, it was hilarious how she was juggling between the parent day at school and her badass sniping job at Libra. It really felt like she cared for her family too, which may not have come across so well if she hadn't gotten so much screen-time.
I feel like I say that every character in this show is my favorite after they get their own episodes, but... they're all my favorites...
Dec 9, 2017 1:39 PM

Nov 2015
What a great episode that talks about parenthood. Every parent loves their child even if they cannot be there for them. This episode talks about the sacrifices that parents have to make to please their kids.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Dec 9, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
K.K. with kid problems since she needs to go to work every time.
The blood breed was also there at the school, good thing he wasn't out for blood.
Dec 9, 2017 1:51 PM

Jun 2014
KK has it rough having such a crazy job while also trying to be a good mother. She did a good job balancing both aspects of her life in this episode, and even with how demanding this job is, it's clear that she does actually care about her family. Lol it was funny seeing her reaction after she saw her son with the girl (sucks that they had to separate, but hey, these kids still have Famebook). It was also pretty interesting to see another parent in a similar situation, although they were fighting for the bad side.

Also, I can't help but find it amusing that KK's son has the same VA as Boruto. Is she going to become the go-to for kid characters who have a tense relationship with one of their parents because of their demanding job?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 9, 2017 2:09 PM
Jul 2013
Anyone else think it would have been awesome if at the end of the episode K.K recruited?

Dec 9, 2017 2:25 PM

May 2012
If only Romeo and Juliet had famebook lol

I liked KK and now that we've seen her motherly side, I like her even more.
Steven's (in)direct approach to convince her to join the fight was hilarious.
They really made it seem like they rely on KK too much, it also got to me xD
beep
Dec 9, 2017 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
KK is a great mother.
Dec 9, 2017 3:22 PM
Mar 2016
KK and Husband is really good chemistry
i like KK Husband speak
almost tear up

so Finally next eps is Leonardo's Episode?
Dec 9, 2017 3:23 PM
Apr 2016
Wow this sucks. Anyone ordereded this truck of feels? I'm full.
Re:formed
Dec 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
One of the things I'm liking a lot this season is that, even when there is no any grand plot like it happened in season 1, it flesh out the secondary characters who didn't recieved much screentime. I mean, K.K. barely had a chance to shine in the first season, but this episode made her likeable and showed to the viewers how much she care for her family and her problematic relationship with her youngest child, thing who made me like a character whom, until this episode, didn't care very much.
I'm glad they didn't sealed the Blood Breed of this episode. Unlike the other ones who have appeared so far, this one seemed more sympathethic and less on an asshole, and he also cared for his daughter.

I liked how Steven managed to "convince" K.K. to stick with him and his men using emotional blackmail. It was funny.

Loved how bittersweet the ending was, with Caroline having to move from Kane's school due his father being discovered... Just for the after-credits scene to show that, due social media, they will be able to keep contact at the end. Was a clever solution.

The last episodes are going to be two-parters, and it seems they are going to be centered in Leo's sister. I'm really excited to see them.

lord23 said:
Illyricus said:
The last episodes are going to be two-parters, and it seems they are going to be centered in Leo's sister. I'm really excited to see them.
The last two episodes are gonna be on the last few chapters of the first Kekkai sensen manga and will be all about the Eyes of the Gods.
Wow, now I look forward next episodes even more.
IllyricusDec 10, 2017 4:33 AM
Dec 9, 2017 5:36 PM
Dec 2014
Illyricus said:
The last two episodes are gonna be on the last few chapters of the first Kekkai sensen manga and will be all about the Eyes of the Gods.
Dec 9, 2017 7:33 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. This really made me like K.K more as a character. She's a badass yet sweet and caring mother. It was pretty funny how she was trying her best to be by her sons side at school since she kept getting distracted by needing to fight people from her laptop.

That said, just like the first season, it seems like the final episodes will focus on Leo and the mystery behind the God eyes he has. I'm very much looking forward for the next episode.
Dec 9, 2017 8:11 PM

Feb 2016
Probably my favorite episode of the season so far, K.K is such a cool character.

Dec 9, 2017 8:38 PM

Jan 2015
You can do it, KK. You can both work on your mission while watching your son having a talk with his "pair". But the conclusion is... :(
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 9, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2011
most enjoyable episode so far and a K.K one nonetheless died everytime they were screaming K.K!!

kinda thought it'd be cool the moment they were talking together it would end up being them fighting on the opposite sides made for a interesting out come lol

finally starting to make sense to all the random characters in the ED the guy and is daughter are in it as well
Dec 9, 2017 9:29 PM

Jan 2014
This was a really interesting episode. I like the portrayal of the struggle she goes through. Made me like her.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 10, 2017 1:08 AM

Nov 2016
K.K. is amazing! I'm glad she's got a supportive husband, she deserves him.
(On a side note, I think her eldest son is cuter, despite of what she said).

Steven is best boss! XD

Looks like we'll have some more Leo and Michella next episode. Looking forward to it!
Dec 10, 2017 2:05 AM
Nov 2016
So this episode focused more on K.K. and her relationship with her family. Her husband seems like a nice guy.

So the blood breed has a kid, huh? Or maybe he is just raising her.
Dec 10, 2017 3:38 AM
Jan 2016
Wow, I'm speechless...this episode is awesome...those feels...KK is sure lucky because she got an amazing husband who really understand her job and her position. And her relationship with her children is amazing too, she always try to be there for them but what can she do? Her job is really important too. I almost cry in the beginning when Kane is mad to KK and at the end when the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is played, it's really hard to become a perfect parents for the children...I love this second season because it's not only about Leo, but all of the characters are involved in this season. Great job!!!
Dec 10, 2017 4:52 AM

Jul 2014
An episode focusing on KK has been long overdue, as even among the various members of Libra she has largely been overlooked this season. It was reasonably entertaining and amusing, I suppose, but I can't see myself remembering it for very long.
Dec 10, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2015
Woad didn't expect K.K. to be married(also has kids at that). It was a good thing he didn't kill that girl's father
Dec 10, 2017 11:10 AM

Feb 2016
Im so glad this episode focused on KK, it was so nice seeing how relate-able of a person she is. Also, Yutaka Nakamuras cut was cute.
What.
Dec 10, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2016
This episode was okay. Not the best, but okay :) Im very excited about episode 11
Dec 10, 2017 12:33 PM
Mar 2016
A lucky break for Steven if that Blood Breed guy wasn't distracted by his daughter, the he's a goner and also KK would have her secret expose to her son.........man those fang hunters don't they have any other sniper than KK?????
Dec 10, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2015
I personally think this is the best episode in the entire anime. The relatablity in this episode is astounding even though I've never had kids.
Dec 10, 2017 2:18 PM

Aug 2012
K.K. is one badass mom.
Dec 11, 2017 6:38 AM

Sep 2013
Hmm... Anyone have any spoilers about the blood breed in this ep?
Dec 11, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode, in every sense, and designed by God.
Dec 11, 2017 3:42 PM
Oct 2016
Very fun episode, probably my favourite in this season so far, I like how this second season is more focused on showing you how the characters live outside of Libra. Can't wait to see what the 2 part finale will be about.
Dec 11, 2017 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
LOLZ! Kids these days! so active in social cyberhelsalemsworlds called Famebook!
It's hard being a loyal parent & loyal at your job...some things are hard to choose because both are equally important!
4/5.

Dec 12, 2017 2:14 AM

Nov 2012
Glad to learn more about K.K., she's a great character.
This episode was cute, I love it!
Dec 12, 2017 6:26 AM

Apr 2015
Zapp isn't that amazing compared to season 1. the ugly epic faces he makes there is just absolutely remarkable. I still remember the episode introducing the lucky detective. and I haven't seen any of that in this season.

as for this episode, this is why you don't have kids. it's just impossible to be a responsible parent. no matter what you do, you'd still end up hurting your very own kids that you love and protect so much.
kidlat020Dec 12, 2017 9:04 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 12, 2017 11:46 PM
Jul 2014
Probably my favorite episode of the second season. I've wanted an episode dedicated to K.K. for the longest and this was freaking great.

lord23 said:
Illyricus said:

So does this mean they've now adapted all of the skipped chapters from the first season?
Dec 13, 2017 6:24 PM

Nov 2013
who is caroline's seiyuu?
Dec 14, 2017 6:01 AM

May 2013
makanbaks0 said:
who is caroline's seiyuu?

Hisako Kanemoto, she's in like every anime now...
Dec 14, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2012
Grimmgeta said:
So does this mean they've now adapted all of the skipped chapters from the first season?

No. It was kinda impossible for that to be the case, one of the chapters they skipped was a preamble to episode four of the first season, that gave us the backstory to one of the Blood Breeds they fought in said episode. Aside from that, there was a small chapter about K.K. using Leo to try and buy something for her son (I don't really remember a lot of the details about it outside of it was like twenty pages, in a convenient store, and it was fun) and there was a chapter with Klaus with at least one striking shot about the Yakuza I think (haven't read the manga in two years) that they missed out on. A little upset that we won't be getting that Klaus chapter it seems, but most of my favorite chapters were adapted (The Chain ones mainly). That said, I've only read the first seven volumes since I don't think Dark Horse has released the rest in English, so there's possibly more that was left out.

As for the episode itself, quite possibly my favorite of the season. Family drama typically tends to work pretty strong for me, and the scenes focusing on that, albeit handled in a humourous way, were really sweet and heartwarming. Looking forward to the two-part finale.
Dec 15, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2017
Mmmh...
Aiyä!

I am curious about something...
Why blood techniques are yelled at Spanish?
In this episode f.i. Starphase (his japanese seiyū, I mean) says: "¡Espada del cero absoluto!".

On latino forums they tell me "probably it's just sound aesthetics... maybe the author wants to make it look global..."
According what I know about Lightow (what a mess must be boiling inside that thunderhead he gets), I bet there's some other bizarre explanation.

Any idea?
ElHespirituDec 15, 2017 3:15 AM
Dec 16, 2017 12:38 AM

Oct 2017
ElHespiritu said:
Mmmh...
Aiyä!

I am curious about something...
Why blood techniques are yelled at Spanish?
In this episode f.i. Starphase (his japanese seiyū, I mean) says: "¡Espada del cero absoluto!".

On latino forums they tell me "probably it's just sound aesthetics... maybe the author wants to make it look global..."
According what I know about Lightow (what a mess must be boiling inside that thunderhead he gets), I bet there's some other bizarre explanation.

Any idea?

I take this to mean that Stephen speaks Spanish, likely as his first language, given the name of his fighting style (Esmeralda). His name (Steven Alain Starphase) wouldn't necessarily reflect his origins, especially if his Latino.

For example my first last names is "Prince" which isn't a surname most Latin@s would have. Yet lots of people from all over Latin America (born and raised there just like I was) have English or French or Italian or German names or surnames, even though they might be from Mexico, Cuba, Brazil or Argentina and speak only Spanish and maybe English.

Likewise, it seems safe to assume Klaus is a German speaker. There'd be no reason to yell out "Kreuzschild Unzerbrechlich!" or "Ewigkeit Gefängnis!" (I'm spelling these from memory so forgive any spelling mistakes) otherwise, and he looks the part. Even Klaus could be Latino (I doubt it though) or American, though if German is indeed his first language then most likely he's European as German-speaking Americans (Latin or North) are fairly rare-ish.

As for the reason, it could be a characterization thing, to add further contrast between Klaus (noble, honest, transparent [naive in a way], straightforward) and Steven (mysterious, smooth, shady, lots of connections) so as to show why they work so well together, i.e. they complement each other.
Dec 16, 2017 4:04 AM

Dec 2017
Devil-Flamingo said:

I take this to mean that Stephen speaks Spanish, likely as his first language, given the name of his fighting style (Esmeralda). His name (Steven Alain Starphase) wouldn't necessarily reflect his origins, especially if his Latino.
Likewise, it seems safe to assume Klaus is a German speaker.
As for the reason, it could be a characterization thing, to add further contrast between Klaus (noble, honest, transparent [naive in a way], straightforward) and Steven (mysterious, smooth, shady, lots of connections) so as to show why they work so well together, i.e. they complement each other.

That's a brilliant explanation.
Gratitude.
Dec 16, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
At least the kids have Famebook.

It was funny how the Blood Breed had the same problem as K.K.

Dec 16, 2017 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
Probably my favorite episode so far
Dec 16, 2017 9:58 PM

Aug 2016
K.K it shows us the love of a mother overwhelmed by work tries to give her son a place on the time giving the best of himself, knowing that her work has an obligation to the human race.

5/5

In general, I felt sad about this scene, but at the same time it was very funny XDD.
Dec 18, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2016
Excellent episode, to see how K.K is managing her roles as mother and member of Libra was really entertaining and so super cute.

This season is still doing a great job at making me care more for the cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2017
Was a somehow ok episode but have ploblems:

1) Why the side characters are so useless without K.K and Steven?

2) The main villain is so obvious when he is speaking by phone. Thankfully, he at least have personality and don't fell generic unlike all villains from episode 1 (the other villain is generic).

3) The Blood Seed thing was cool but it left ambiguous.

4) K.K background is just a typical mother-son problem. I don't have anything against that but something that i saw many times.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 21, 2017 12:51 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked this episode. I remembered KKs appearance. Didn't even remember she had kids. If that had been established prior. But this was a really fun one off episode. That balanced superhero antics and a characters human drama in a compelling way. That was very reminiscent of Silver Age American Superheroes. Always having to forego their personal lives for the greater good.

I thought the ending was a bit rushed. And the climax didn't deliver as well as the buildup to it did. But it showed the kind of short form antics this series is really great at. Looking forward to the next episode. As it seems to be the start of a two parter. That will delve into a part of the show I've been interested in to see them really address again.
Dec 21, 2017 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
I felt at first - why she has need a buildup episode?
But at the end - whoa this was honestly as good as normal Kekkai sensen episode!

But!! dat song twinkle twinkle little star song amuse me to hear in a show like this(or from any anime) which I sang as a kid as well ^_^

I guess at the end, if there is top 10 anime beach episode, then we should see another discussion - top 10 parent's day anime episode and this episode is a good example as a standalone.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.