Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it became obvious that the whole situation regarding Leo's sister was too hard for him to handle alone.

Eh, the series' finale was alright. Personally, I liked the standalone episodes focused on the side characters better but it is important for Leo. One thing I will say though...Leo's got guts, especially in this finale. He uses his eyes and tries his best to help Michella.

The action is kinda over the top as usual but hey, it's fun. Overall, 7/10. A step down compraed to season 1 imo.
Dec 23, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
I'm already missing it. Darn!
Dec 23, 2017 12:25 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode, if there's really one complaint I have it's that there really was no new info about the all seeing eyes but it's fine. I really liked how Leo was testing out ways to be able to run away from being watched around the city and when he finally goes back to the hotel and see's his sis and fiancee in danger, he grabs the spectral being and headbutts the shit out of him. That was such a great scene. It's seems like Black is back in town and probably will stay there for a good while lol.

Overall this season was as enjoyable as the first for me. The only downside being that the action wasn't nearly as crazy as the first season, but this season's slower and more digestible standalone pace was just as entertaining. Really gonna miss this series again and hope it's gets future installments.

9/10
Dec 23, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2015
Kekkai Sensen doing what it does best, delivering one hell of a finale. Leo's moment to shine came and he was so damn GAR. It was one hell of a ride and I will be missing the characters a lot. Farewell, our Tortoise Knight.

EroKing_ASDec 23, 2017 12:34 PM
Dec 23, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2015
An awesome finale for a great show. Leo was very brave defending his sister against that monster. The moment when everyone came in at the same time to save him was very cool. Things are back to normal as usual. This second season is a good step up from the first season. It was quite enjoyable.
Dec 23, 2017 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
Finally got to see Leo in action and this finale was one of the best episodes of this season. Although didn't like it as much as I liked the 1st season but hell, I'm missing the ending "Step up love" already.
7/10
Dec 23, 2017 12:40 PM

May 2012
That was pretty emotional. I loved how strong the sibling love is between Michella and Leo.
Was cool seeing everyone from Libra coming in just to kick that thing's ass. Really showed how much they care for Leo.

I actually enjoyed this season a bit more than the first season, probably cause we got a little backstory to the other members of Libra along with a look into their personal lives. Was cool seeing Steven and Chain's lives in particular since they're some of my favorites in Libra.

Dec 23, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
Ah Bones, doing what they do best, delivering amazing animation. And whose name did I spot in the end credits? Yutaka Nakamura. That man is a god, he and all of the other animators for this episode really knocked it out of the park.

Leo was super badass in this episode, his love for his sister really showed as he put his life on the line for her. All the Libra members showing up to save him was an awesome moment.

I liked how this season spent a lot of time on the other members of Libra, it was really nice to get to know them a little more. The first season lacked that, and I think that made this season a bit more fun to follow. Once again, I'm gonna miss this crazy group and this crazy show. 7/10.

Also, I'm glad we didn't have to wait 3 months for this episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 23, 2017 1:03 PM

Sep 2014
Awesome finale. I liked that Leo managed to outsmart his enemy and then took him on by himself to save his sister till reinforcements arrive. I'm going to really miss this show, the characters and its weirdness. 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
Better than season 1

Fucking love Studio Bones

8/10
Dec 23, 2017 1:22 PM

Nov 2009
Hoping for a third season!
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 23, 2017 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
This season was more like season 1 minus bland villains(nor any romance) plus plotholes (especially for some episode). But this finale episode was much more fun for me compare to season 1's ending. I can't feel this was also 2nd season either because there wasn't any main plot progression except many character development (But Zapp didn't got one :O).

Anyway! I could describe this was season as crazy and mindless fun! I hope we get to see something like this crazy show every year ^_^
Speaking of new season, just like BSD, MHA got movie - so KS might get movie, which I think could fit as well.

removed-userDec 23, 2017 1:29 PM
Dec 23, 2017 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
A much more entertaining season, 9/10 for me. I wish we got more drunk chain though :P

Hopefully we'll get a third season.
Dec 23, 2017 2:09 PM
Mar 2014
What did the broken cross at the end mean?
Dec 23, 2017 2:11 PM
Dec 2017
We need a another season in the future.8/10 for this episode
Dec 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
so like the first season it was a piece of complete and utter garbage
Dec 23, 2017 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
Leo man's up and holds out till help comes, klause noticing and with some encouraging words too :'(
Black got mugged and the mayhem continues.
Episodic fits this series best, way better than the black/white subplot 9/10
Dec 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
krillerthekille said:
What did the broken cross at the end mean?

it belonged to his love interest or whatever from the first season
Dec 23, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2017
Does anyone know why Leonardo walked through that alley where those goons were?
Dec 23, 2017 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode, if just for the action and OSTs.

Season was good overall and the development of the cast was worth the watch,but I'm still preferring season one as a whole.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2017 2:46 PM

Feb 2016
It was so good to see Leo have a really badass moment in the series.

The Music in this episode was incredible as well, Kekkai Sensen probably has one of my favorite OSTs ever.

Hopefully a season 3!!!!
Dec 23, 2017 3:06 PM
Feb 2017
Overall I didn’t like this season as much as the first because while I did enjoy the standalone episodes focusing on each Libra member, they made the season feel very detached and not as held together as the first season. Despite this, I still loved this finale and think it was the best episode of both seasons so far! Season gets 8/10 but episode is 5/5!
Dec 23, 2017 3:41 PM
Jul 2016
Season 2 is over. I had ups and downs with this season, but the ending shows it again: I just love Kekkai Sensen. The comedy, the action... just a very cool combination! This Season focused on Backgroundstorys and other Characters. Yes, it was a little annoying to see little stories and not a big one. BUT all these parts made a really overall season.
The ending was very good, because Leo don´t have these depressions about his sister anymore.
I highly recommend it, but i think that season 1 was a little bit better. it isnt 10/10, not 9... but a very good 8 and I WANT A THIRD SEASON :D With focus on the relation between Klaus and Leo (no, not in Yaoi Way...this would be just disgusting ._.)
Dec 23, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2014
This season was way better than the first season imo. They gave the side characters more screen time while developing them, plus we got a reunion between Leo and his sister. But his All Seeing Eyes still aren't back to normal and his sister is still blind, so does that mean there's still more to this story?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 23, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
Has a blast again with this series, while we got more screentime with the side characters this season, it didn't have the more concrete (However faint it was) plotline that S1 had with Black and White, before episode 11 they only touched on Leo's eyes just once with the good Doctor which somewhat pissed me off

8/10 for this season but still funny as fuck, the last 3 minutes of this episode busted my gut
Dec 23, 2017 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
for whatever reason, i really enjoyed this season more than the first. glad the last episode didnt delay for months and months this time too :p
Dec 23, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2015
That was a pretty crazy finale, in a good way. Loved it, and that OST!

I always thought the first season was fine, but never enjoyed it as much as a lot of people did. Surprisingly, I enjoyed this season more.

8/10.

Dec 23, 2017 5:01 PM
Nov 2012
This time... the last episode was actually released on time....
Dec 23, 2017 6:31 PM
Mar 2017
Does anyone know why Leonardo walked through that alley where those goons were?

To grab a gun, I think it was an iron boleadora ...
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 23, 2017 6:34 PM
Mar 2017

F%CK THE MONSTERS... dat kid haha
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 23, 2017 6:40 PM

Aug 2017
Just like the last episode, i like the last, much better than the anticlimatic ending of season 1. Sadly, the last two episodes are much better than the entire season. All villains (except the last three) are just so bland, some episodes are so forced, others just ends abruptly and many have plot holes. I don't like this season. 4/5 for the episode. I give the anime 4/10 for the last two episodes and the good animation. (the first season is a bit better)
NurguburuDec 23, 2017 6:58 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 23, 2017 6:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The finale reminded that ... we barely have seen Femt this season. Now that i thought of that, that sucks.
Kinda sucked that it was mostly episodic but there has been worst, i still had fun knowing more about the other members.

Gonna give the same score than the first season. There has been stuff that was done better in this season but other stuff that season one did better.

8/10

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Nov 2015
Meh. Not enough build up to the final villian. Leo gets stabbed so many times yet still lives? Every thing back to normal, rinse and repeat.

5/10
(Even Trigun was better than this and it had a midcore finale too.)
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 23, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2015
Leo is really lucky for having such understanding and dependable colleague like Klauss. :')
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 23, 2017 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
FireCrauter said:

F%CK THE MONSTERS... dat kid haha
K.K gotta keep her son safe ya know

this season was more or less the same but didn't have the impact of season 1 was hoping for a more coherent story this time but that's just not how this show rolls but i mean we got to know all the characters more ,leo was pretty hype despite being able to take all of those hits almost covered the room in his blood.

7/10 !
Dec 23, 2017 11:23 PM

Mar 2012
SkyDrop said:
This season was more like season 1 minus bland villains(nor any romance) plus plotholes (especially for some episode). But this finale episode was much more fun for me compare to season 1's ending. I can't feel this was also 2nd season either because there wasn't any main plot progression except many character development (But Zapp didn't got one :O).

Anyway! I could describe this was season as crazy and mindless fun! I hope we get to see something like this crazy show every year ^_^
Speaking of new season, just like BSD, MHA got movie - so KS might get movie, which I think could fit as well.

Iirc, that'd be because this is how season 1 should've been had they not put the ani-original white black plot.
Dec 23, 2017 11:51 PM
Dec 2010
When the rest of Libra shows up in the end and the audio switches entirely over to the music, that was a work of art. Everything came together in perfect harmony. It simultaneously showed the love Leo has for his sister, the trust he has in his friends, and the value of Leo as a Libra member. They called in "the entire membership" without even knowing how severe the threat was. That's saying a lot.

Without Leo they'd have no reliable way to deal with Blood Breeds; arguably the strongest villain archetype of the entire series. Klaus knows it, which is why he has unwavering faith in his abilities and character.

I mean the attack Klaus unleashed at the end was insane. He wanted to leave no doubt that anyone or anything that crosses Leo, or his other allies, will be erased from existence.

Lastly, Klaus is just a hype beast monster every time he shows up. The voice work perfectly matches his mannerisms.

10/10 episode for me and 9/10 season.

It was a big improvement over S1 and I'm glad they shifted the format towards standalone episodes. I believe it works really well with the setting and general style of the show. In order to do longer, quality arcs, they'd need to have a longer season. Twelve episodes just isn't enough.
Dec 23, 2017 11:58 PM
Jan 2016
Beautiful episode...you know when you give your love to someone and he or she loves you back, that's probably the best feelings ever hahaha. Michella is really sweet isn't she? How she describe her brother as a Tortoise Knight is really adorable and she shows him that she love him...and the opening song is really amazing...Will be there a 3rd season? I'll looking forward for it...
Dec 24, 2017 12:04 AM
Jul 2013
Does anyone know who's the girl at the bottom right at the end of the episode just before the ED starts playing when Leo says "these are my friends"?
Dec 24, 2017 12:24 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah, I have to agree that this season was a step-down. But nonetheless very enjoyable, I personally dislike how they casted Zapp to the side although I appreciate them giving at least an episode background for the other side characters. Personally liked Matsumoto's direction more. I'd probably liked this season more if I hadn't rewatched season 1 prior to this since I wasn't a big fan of the first season when I originally watched it.

7/10
EGOISTDec 24, 2017 12:28 AM
Dec 24, 2017 1:01 AM
Mar 2016
Sonic very Smart Monkey
he know Leonardo in danger and he only poke him and go away

also Klaus, he know Leonardo in danger only from Leonardo message
Dec 24, 2017 1:46 AM

Feb 2017
This finale episode was so epic, it bring back the epic as the season 1.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 24, 2017 1:56 AM

Dec 2008
Need more episodes :), hope for more soon.
Dec 24, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2013
10/10 finale. I like how neatly it wrapped up, just like the first season. Hopefully they adapt more of this in the coming years.
Sorumaru said:
This time... the last episode was actually released on time....

Hahaha I completely forgot that this even happened.
Dec 24, 2017 2:31 AM
Jul 2015
Personally, I loved the ending and the rest of Kekkai Sensen Season 2. The ending did a lot of things right. It was really awesome to see the normally passive Leo(When it comes to matters concerning himself.) just stand up for himself. We seem take on thug with his power and take their weapons to confront the twisted doctor who has his sister hostage. The fight was pretty nice, actually seeing Leo fight with everything he got and the ending where all the Libra members show up to help him was awesome.

But, I think it's going to be a bit difficult to not compare this to the ending to Season 1. Season 1's ending just simply had far more set up and significance. It was the conclusion of a fairly well supported story line and well loved characters like White and Black. The ending's really show just how different the two seasons were; one with it's developed conclusion and the other the end of another small journey. Personally, I kind of wish they had mixed the two styles a bit. I really enjoyed both styles of telling Kekkai Sensen's story. The episodic nature of Season 2 was fun, but I wish it just had more significance other than another day in the life of Libra. It would've been nice to see characters develop more and a more significant overall plot. But that being said, Season 1's plot driven story left little room for the other Libra members. Season 2 allowed a lot of characters that were kind of there in Season 1 to really take the spot light. We actually got to see Gilbert, KK, Zed, Stevens, and Chain(ESPECIALLY Chain) when they hold the spot light and it was awesome. For an example, in Season 1, Chain was pretty much this woman in a suit that was jumping around everywhere. She hardly got any major screen time, and even than we hardly got to know her. Compare this to Season 2 where we actually see her job away from Libra and what she's doing when she's not on the job. This would've been difficult in Season 1 because of how everything was told in Leo's eyes. The story teller would've needed to set up a situation where Leon and Chain had to work together for her to take the spotlight, and in that kind of scenario it would've been hard to show off her personality due to her professional nature. Overall, I really enjoyed Season 2 and what it brought. I do miss Season 1 with Black and White, but what Season 2 brought definitely makes up for it.

One note though, what is up with Femt and the Kings? He pops up at the beginning of both seasons but hardly gets any attention. You'd think some madman summoning demons to wreak havoc over Jerusalem Lot would garner some attention but we never see any thing about him or much about the rest of the king's either. It's a shame really, I think the whole lot of them are a more stylelish set of villains than the Blood Breed, would love to have seen more of them.
Dec 24, 2017 2:33 AM

Dec 2013
I didn’t expect such a badass moment from Leo.

I definitely enjoyed this season more than the first.
Dec 24, 2017 3:32 AM

Feb 2013
Leo was great, he fought that monster on his own.
Dec 24, 2017 3:33 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, Leo actually went full beast on that guy.
Dec 24, 2017 4:47 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit, Leo was GAR as heck this episode. After being a punchball for the majority of the series, he actually confronted that asshole till the very end. My respects for him has increased by 100. Props to Michella too for attacking the bad guy when she doesn't even has any special ability.
The ending was great. At the end, nothing has changed in Hellsalem's Lot, and things are fine that way.

I liked this season as much as I liked the first, loved the focus on the supporting characters and the action scenes were awesome. Too bad Femt didn't appeared much, but nothing is perfect after all.
Dec 24, 2017 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
A great finale to this series, with Leo being as impressive and brave as he has ever had to be. Overall, this second season was pretty good, but I would say I enjoyed the first season more on the whole than this one.

8/10
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.