Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2017 11:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gilbert is such an underrated character in this anime. Glad they are giving him more screen time.

I love how Leo, Zapp, and the others take their badass car together to get some work done. The action was great. It reminded me never underestimate someone like Gilbert considering how much of a badass butler he is. (he reminds me of Alfred from Gotham)

The scenes were all animated by Bones as well. Quite an exciting episode :D
Nov 4, 2017 12:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Gilbert the GOAT....Man this episode was great, but I'm with the new guy, I wouldn't want to work for Libra either after seeing all of this shit xD
Nov 4, 2017 12:58 PM

Dec 2014
Someone give Gilbert a wheelchair..he broke his spine 4-5 times in 5m.
Leo's wallet gets stolen almost as often lol. At least he knows how to hide money in all sorts of places.
This week we got more insight about the combat butler, and ofc to be part of libra he had to have cool abilities. That car was awesome, sort of a mecha with guns and lasers. These guys had no chance against them.
Nov 4, 2017 1:14 PM

Apr 2016
I really want this car for Christmas.
Nov 4, 2017 1:51 PM

Jun 2014
Holy fucking shit this episode was amazing. The climax at the end was actually insane, the animation reached God tier levels. Based BONES does it again. Gilbert is amazing, he finally gets to truly shine.
:3
Nov 4, 2017 2:27 PM
Feb 2016
is there a chance to see white & black again in this anime ?
Nov 4, 2017 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
Gilbert is such a badass, it's cool when old butlers who don't look intimidating actually end up being formidable and capable fighters.

That brain-retrieving mission was epic and that entire sequence was animated greatly. Bones never disappoints in that department.

Lol the new guy has had enough of Libra's shit, he's not gonna bother working there. I'd react the same way if I went through all of that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 4, 2017 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Gilbert was awesome.
Nov 4, 2017 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome episode. Nice to see more of Gilbert in this episode. And he is a total badass.

Nov 4, 2017 3:10 PM
Mar 2015
That is one hell of a butler
Nov 4, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2017
This episode brought more action than in the last episodes but I couldn't help but feel a little bad watching certain scenes become dark from nothing, especially when the action is at its highest point. I really hate that current trend but that doesn't take away that in the Blu-ray version will look spectacular.

Out of it, it was a somewhat cool episode by the action but as always empty in content, and the most remarkable thing was the appearance of a random character (as always) as a butler who curiously had the voice of Sebastian from "Kuroshitsuji", probably wanting to parody that fact.
Nov 4, 2017 3:43 PM

Feb 2016
I love how this show makes everyone badass in their own way. Gilbert looking like Batman in that ride.
Nov 4, 2017 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
Kuriji said:
I love how this show makes everyone badass in their own way. Gilbert looking like Batman in that ride.
Agreed, Gilbert in his Libramobile was cool.
EratiKNov 4, 2017 4:01 PM
Nov 4, 2017 4:16 PM
Mar 2017
Lidera said:
White is in the opening so maybe there’s a chance
Nov 4, 2017 4:22 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty great episode. Gilbert was pretty badass i gotta say.

Am excited for the next episode.
Nov 4, 2017 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
I would comment how badass Gilbert is and that stuff, but that shouldn't be even said at this point, considering you have to be very, very badass to survive in Hellsalem's Lot. What I am going to say is that the action scene of the climax of the episode was simply awesome. Bones is awesome in general.

I kinda liked the younger butler man and his conflict with being as good as Gilbert, unsuccessfully, too bad he is not going to reappear, probably (and understandably, considering how Hellsalem's Lot is, I would leave that city too after seeing how dangerous it is in truth).
Nov 4, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2011
Seems like Daisuke Ono was made for the sole purpose of voicing butlers.
Nov 4, 2017 5:14 PM

May 2015
Gilbert might be an old man, but that doesn't stop him from being one badass butler.

Nov 4, 2017 5:21 PM
Dec 2014
Man I freaking love Gilbert he really is an underrated character, really happy he got some screen time :) also I love how Zed, has gotten so used to Libra so quickly that part when him and Zapp are using their blood with the car, like he already knows what needs to be done XD
Nov 4, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2014
Another amazing episode. The new butler is a badass but super naive to Hellsalem's Lot, it's no wonder he got his brain stolen.

Gilbert pretty much stole the show this episode. I was shocked when he got sliced at the end which was a pretty frightening way to show that he has a fast regeneration ability.
Nov 4, 2017 6:39 PM
Jan 2016
Lidera said:

Prob not they're both dead.
Nov 4, 2017 6:54 PM

Jun 2015
Gilbert was awesome in this episode. The new guy had his brain stolen, so Gilbert and the rest of the gang got it back. The action was animated beautifully. Philip got an offer to officially work for Libra, but immediately said no lol. He wouldn't want to work for them after what he went through.
Nov 4, 2017 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
The snap sound his bones made when he was hit 😱😱😱 poor Gilbert

This episode was a blast!! I loved how Philip went from "hire meeeeee" to "no no no no" by just experiencing life in Hellsalem's Lot for a couple days xDD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 4, 2017 11:57 PM

Jan 2015
Great!! And I think the next episode will be the main story
Nov 5, 2017 12:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some glorious blockbuster and great episode. Glad to see Gilbert finally getting his share of the storytelling and it was definitely one of the best. All of those transformations with the car was just so badass and cool, I'm glad Bones is all out for this adaption. We have got all the different characters here, and it's always welcome to a Batman-ish character into the mix too so that's great.
I wonder just how amazing this Libra Organization really is and looks like we will have some more interesting storytelling to come next week. Can't wait to see what it has in store for us.
5/5 to this episode and, I believe, it'd be justified to say now that Season 2 is a tad better than a Season 1 although we are yet to see any proper storyline, despite the character developments. Quite frankly, though, I'm liking this more, so I don't personally mind either way.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 5, 2017 1:40 AM

Jan 2015
As expected from "Senior" Combat Butler and talk about "Absolute Certainty". >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 5, 2017 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
I'll be honest, I mostly forget that Gilbert even exists, so I'm definitely glad that we got an episode focusing on his abilities as a badass combat butler.
Nov 5, 2017 3:30 AM

Mar 2012
I thought Leo is supposed to be a young adult but he always get the kiddo treatment. Lmao.
Nov 5, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2017
YEEEEAAAAH BABY!!

This episode was just amazing, Gilbert finally showed us what he can do, and I just love more and more how crazy Hellsalem's Lot is. Bones does it again, giving us amazing animation for the ending of this mid-series episodes when most series' animation gets a bit worse this far into the series.

It looks like Leo will be back under the spotlight for the next episode, which will be nice to see after the development that his friends have been getting this past weeks. I can't wait.
Nov 5, 2017 5:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That's one mean combat butler!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2017 7:55 AM
Oct 2007
Very very cool to see they allocated episode to the side characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2014
Really enjoyed this episode. Does anyone know the Voice Actor for Philip?
Nov 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
Nothings ever weak if you never fought it. Damn what a butler!

AnimeAdamOP said:

Btw its Daisuke Ono, the one who voiced one hell of a butler, Sebastian Michaelis!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 5, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
Having rediscovered another character in the series, it makes me really happy. This story setting, designed to better understand secondary characters, is making the whole season more interesting, because there is added value in addition to comedy and action seen so far. If the previous season is enjoyable, this is even better.
Nov 5, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was amazing! Gilbert is someone you forget is in the show half the time, so I was curious to see how an episode focusing on him would be (I thought it'd be boring, to be honest). So glad I was WRONG! It was a blast! His regenerative abilities are on par with Tsunade from Naruto, lol. If he's got so much as one inch of life left, he can cheat death! Also laughed my ass off when Chain and Steven were whispering about Klaus drinking the tea and how Gilbert wasn't the one that served it, heheh. I felt bad for Philip, but let's be real, you have to have insane skills to work at Libra. :P

All in all, another great episode. My god this show is nuts. At some point Gilbert's car looked more like a Shinkansen / bullet train than anything else, lol.
Devil-FlamingoNov 5, 2017 10:08 AM
Nov 5, 2017 10:07 AM
Nov 2016
Daaaaayuuuuum.... Gilbert has got some skills.
His bones breaking all the time made me laugh though. The action sequences were well made and it seems like they're focusing in the characters which didn't get much screen time last season. This season doesn't have an overarching story like last season tho.
Nov 5, 2017 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
Freaking amazing episode, god tier animation quality at climax, that's why i love studio Bones.

Next episode they might start focusing on a main plot with Leo and Michella.
Nov 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2016
I still don't understand, this season are stories of the day to day of the members of Libra or has any purpose that the episodes are presented in this way? Anyway, I love how each episode manages to have a serious but comic context at the same time developing in an fantastic way and teaching unique qualities of each character.

5/5
Nov 5, 2017 12:42 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, Gilbert being such badass, so does even being associated with Libra that much of an issue with their enemies? Now how the hell does those freaks remove that new guy's brain without killing him?????
Nov 5, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2014
dasprn said:

AnimeAdamOP said:

Btw its Daisuke Ono, the one who voiced one hell of a butler, Sebastian Michaelis!

Ahhh ty. I knew it was someone I loved although for me it's Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara. Now I feel bad I couldn't immediately tell.
Nov 5, 2017 3:27 PM

Feb 2014
AnimeAdamOP said:
dasprn said:

Ahhh ty. I knew it was someone I loved although for me it's Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara. Now I feel bad I couldn't immediately tell.

No probs.
Daisuke Ono really is a complete set of butler roles.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 5, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2015
Dang Gilbert is so badass! That car sure is useful as well
Nov 5, 2017 7:43 PM

Jun 2008
closeureyes said:
I still don't understand, this season are stories of the day to day of the members of Libra or has any purpose that the episodes are presented in this way?

Just to be clear, The original story telling of the manga was "episodic", no overarching plot. The first season with Black and White's plot was mostly anime original.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 5, 2017 11:36 PM

Dec 2013
Never cared about Gilbert before this episode but I still loved it!
Nov 6, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
Gilbert gets hurt and philip butler coming to help.
The poor dude gets brain jacked and they come to help, cool car action.
Nov 6, 2017 9:46 AM
Apr 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, this was some glorious blockbuster and great episode. Glad to see Gilbert finally getting his share of the storytelling and it was definitely one of the best. All of those transformations with the car was just so badass and cool, I'm glad Bones is all out for this adaption. We have got all the different characters here, and it's always welcome to a Batman-ish character into the mix too so that's great.
I wonder just how amazing this Libra Organization really is and looks like we will have some more interesting storytelling to come next week. Can't wait to see what it has in store for us.
5/5 to this episode and, I believe, it'd be justified to say now that Season 2 is a tad better than a Season 1 although we are yet to see any proper storyline, despite the character developments. Quite frankly, though, I'm liking this more, so I don't personally mind either way.

I agree, I love how so many different characters are getting screen time now. Though I miss the world building of Season 1, I'd take this more character focused story-line any day.

(However, if Bones somehow does find a way to integrate these stories more cohesively that would be the cherry on the cake)
Nov 6, 2017 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
Gilbert= best combat butler ever.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 6, 2017 2:25 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Blood-Typemaster said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I agree, I love how so many different characters are getting screen time now. Though I miss the world building of Season 1, I'd take this more character focused story-line any day.

(However, if Bones somehow does find a way to integrate these stories more cohesively that would be the cherry on the cake)

Definitely, I wholeheartedly agree with you there.
But knowing Bones, I'm sure they have something under their sleeves to amaze us in the end. I hope what you suggested comes to light soon though or something that is as good as it ultimately.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 6, 2017 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
Um why Philip be saying no no no at the end? HE BEST STAY!
Nov 7, 2017 12:54 AM

Oct 2008
This was such an awesome badass cool EPIC episode!
Messing with the Libra Organization is the wrong path my folks!
Gilbert F. Altstein ...just a butler...An official butler of Libra...so don't mess this this man!
5/5!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

175 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.