Forum Settings
Forums

What made your favorite anime your favorite?

New
Jun 16, 2015 11:53 AM
May 2014
So, why your favorite anime is your favorite? what do you like about it? what don't you like about it?
discuss ~
test
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2015 11:56 AM

Sep 2014
EdenB said:
So, why your favorite anime is your favorite? what do you like about it? what don't you like about it?
discuss ~

My favourite anime, Kill la Kill, is my favourite because it's the best anime I have seen so far. I like everything about it. I dislike nothing about it.
Jun 16, 2015 11:57 AM

Mar 2015
if more than 95% content on it satisfy me when i finish it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 16, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
1. Relateability
2. Somewhat changed my life, motivated me to do something
3. Heartwarming, funny, brought me to tears
4. Excellent journey and ride
5. I still care about it up to today
6. Good writing, good characters
Jun 16, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
Imaishi said:
My favourite anime, Kill la Kill, is my favourite because it's the best anime I have seen so far. I like everything about it. I dislike nothing about it.
You like KLK?!?! How did I not know this?

OT:
My favourite is Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. I love it because it has an insanely powerful central relationship, backed up by great character development and a compelling plot. Plus, the OST is gorgeous, and it's got some very depressing moments (I like depressing). It's definitely not an incredible anime (the time-skip really annoyed me, and they overused certain pieces of music), but I love it nonetheless.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jun 16, 2015 12:01 PM

Nov 2010
At some point in watching it I was struck with the realization that this is the best thing I've ever watched and nothing comes close, that any flaw it has does not impact my enjoyment even in the littlest, that it makes my life better for having watched it, and it could very well change the world if everyone watched it. That is, One Piece.
Jun 16, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2015
Death Note became my favorite anime,or at least was my favorite anime,because of every twist in turn in the first half of the series.That stuff had me hyped up more than the soul society arc in bleach.

And if it wasn't for Death Note,and Yu-Gi-Oh GX,i don't think i would even be into anime at all.
Jun 16, 2015 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
At some point in watching it I was struck with the realization that this is the best thing I've ever watched and nothing comes close, that any flaw it has does not impact my enjoyment even in the littlest, that it makes my life better for having watched it, and it could very well change the world if everyone watched it. That is, One Piece.

How can you love One Piece anime's slow pacing to this degree? I know you must be exaggerating but still.
Jaywalker.
Jun 16, 2015 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite anime made me willing to make a crummy AMV on it, so it must've done something right.

Jun 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
1. Relateability
This actually about sums it up, the major reason why my favorite is my favorite is because it really resonated with me in a way I haven't experienced with any other work, anime or otherwise.
Jun 16, 2015 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
I simply liked most part of the anime and any flaws it might have had was nullified by the parts I liked about it.
Jun 16, 2015 12:08 PM
Dec 2009
Kill la Kill became my favorite because it's so different than anything else out there and is not afraid to take risks. Also, the characters are fun and lively and I never felt bored for one second watching this series.
Jun 16, 2015 12:08 PM

Nov 2010
Epicenter said:
IntroverTurtle said:

How can you love One Piece anime's slow pacing to this degree? I know you must be exaggerating but still.
Because slow =/= bad, it can mean good and for One Piece it does. A slower pacing fits it.
Jun 16, 2015 12:09 PM

Nov 2012
my favorite anime are my favorite because i enjoyed them more than all the others i've seen and because i thought they were excellent.
Jun 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Epicenter said:

Because slow =/= bad, it can mean good and for One Piece it does. A slower pacing fits it.

Even Flamingo's snail phone thing ringing on for what felt like eternity?
Jaywalker.
Jun 16, 2015 12:17 PM

Nov 2010
Epicenter said:
IntroverTurtle said:

There's such a thing called tension.
Jun 16, 2015 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
My favorite anime is my favorite anime because of the unbelievable amount of emotional connection I feel with it. For whatever reason, it just hits me at a much deeper level than anything else ever has. If I had to choose a favorite thing about it, I guess just the overall presentation. It may not be the most well-presented thing I've seen, but everything fits together nicely. The music is spot-on, and it's stylistic and visually appealing to me. And Homura -- that one character -- is a major factor in my love for the series also. Never before have I cared so much about a fictional character.

I think certain characters could've been handled better and it could've been a bit longer overall, but otherwise I don't have any major problems with it.
Jun 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Jun 2011
mayukachan said:
1. Relateability
I think she has listed everything I could possibly think of, and more. Hikaru no Go is my favorite currently because of it's relateability, one of the reasons why I liked it a lot.

IntroverTurtle said:
Epicenter said:

There's such a thing called tension.
True in that den den mushi case, but sometimes it was a little too slow, and animation was below average a lot of time, otherwise I agree that slower pacing is much better. Most anime nowadays feel like something you want to complete, instead of something you want to immerse yourself into, because of the pacing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Epicenter said:

If it was so good then almost everyone wouldn't be complaining about it, so in One Piece's case it kinda is.
Jun 16, 2015 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
It is not as shitty as others
Jun 16, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
crime, mystery
Jun 16, 2015 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
SuperRed said:
IntroverTurtle said:

If it was so good then almost everyone wouldn't be complaining about it, so in One Piece's case it kinda is.

they only feel that way when watching weekly, it's completely different experience when marathoning it
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 16, 2015 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
For about 13 years, Spirited Away was my favorite. I remember the first time I saw it I was so taken aback by its story, inventive imagery, and fascinating characters. I still consider it a masterpiece. Only recently have I found an anime that I'd consider to be even better than Spirited Away.

In 23 minute vignettes, Mushishi manages to achieve what most anime struggle to do in 13 episodes. It introduces characters that you can relate with, paints subtle parallels between their problems and nature that cleverly—and clearly—highlight a life issue, and then gracefully reaches a conclusion. The writing is unnaturally meticulous (Yuki Urushibara is a genius), and the art—particularly the backgrounds—is stunning.

I doubt I'll find another anime that's as thoroughly satisfying, but I remain hopeful.
Jun 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
What made Kaiji my total favorite... Psychological games and GAR awesomeness that kept me interested and made me marathon it... A very believable protagonist... And some content to think about also thrown into the mix.
Poltergeist18Jun 16, 2015 1:28 PM
Jun 16, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
Ashita no Joe, the overall atmosphere and the amazing characters/story. That is, to say the least to describe that timeless masterpiece
Jun 16, 2015 1:24 PM

May 2013
The magic of friendship and cute songs
Jun 16, 2015 1:31 PM

May 2015
I don't really have one anime that I consider as my top favorite, due to different stories and genres. But I will know if an anime is very good in my eyes if it satisfies three specific conditions well:

1. Execution of concept - Anyone can say that a concept can be stupid simply by looking at it. I don't judge by what the concept is. I judge the concept by how it works. Like the saying goes: "It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it."

2. Entertainment Value - This covers a lot of factors. Collectively, its the immersion factor that "makes me keep watching."

3. Emotional Impact - The answer to OP's question. The reason why I make an anime a favorite of mine is because something happened in that anime that made it very memorable. It needs to have that unique "WOW!" factor that makes me feel for it.

Think of it as a cake. Execution is the base structure, Entertainment is the taste and design, Emotional impact is the icing. If the base is weak, it will crumble easily. If it doesn't taste good, you won't eat much of it. And if the icing is nothing special, then it's just another cake...
Jun 16, 2015 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
One Piece has comedy and great characters.
Not to mention Sanji <3
Jun 16, 2015 3:52 PM

Apr 2015
If I re-watch it more than once and still enjoy it just as much or more than the first time.
Ex. Cowboy Bebop; the first time I saw it, I thought it was good but not amazing. I have re-watched it twice and I love it more every time I see it again.
Jun 16, 2015 3:54 PM

Jan 2015
snk was one of first anime i ever watched and i still love it
Jun 16, 2015 4:08 PM
Jan 2015
Gintama.

I can't be as descriptive as some of y'all, but I can say that this show has *almost* everything I want. Characters are a huge deal for me. If I can feel somewhat emotionally attached, and relate, to a character then I'm satisfied. Gintoki and Hijikata are my favorites because of the aforementioned. Truth be told, I don't dislike a single character from the show. The entire cast is fantastic.

Other than that, the show has comedy that appeals to me 85% of the time and Gintoki's motivational speeches are great and have real meaning, even if they're sometimes corny. Corniness can't be avoided though. Everything is corny everywhere. Especially in anime lol.

Of course I've got other shows on my list that do things better than Gintama, but nothing else comes close to being such a complete package. Furthermore, it's ongoing so I won't run out of Gin-san anytime soon.

That's why it's my favorite in a nutshell.
Jun 16, 2015 4:09 PM
Jul 2013
Well Naruto is my favourite Anime because since I was little I was watching it with dubs in TV and later on when I grew up I was still into it but more adult version which is Shippuuden. It gives me a lot of action, motivation to never give up and super imaginary powers ^^. Tho I don't hide that most of the fillers in this serious are stupid and boring af but I still watch them (:
Jun 16, 2015 4:09 PM

Dec 2010
I feel slightly embarrassed to say that Paradise Kiss is my favorite anime. I'm more into action/psycho/supernatural animes but this tear-jerking romance is so relateable it's not even funny.The MC isn't some pitiful, heart-rending dandere with a dead mom. The MC is bratty, selfish, and totally comparable to a real human being. It's not the type of romance to make you go "aww, I wish that would happen to me", it's down-to-earth and painfully identifiable. I've probably rewatched this anime a dozen times (literally)

Jun 16, 2015 4:13 PM

Jan 2015
Kiroumaru from Shinsekai Yori.

1. He looks awsome.
2. Hes a good and strong leader.
3. His voice is really cool.
4. He is a very honorable and very likable person.
5. He is intelligent, and excels at everything he does, but is humble and down to earth.
6. He is a morally good person, a perfect and reasonable mix of amibiguity.
7. He is caring and logical. He is willing to set aside his personal feelings for the common wellbeing of everyone.
8. He is not a hateful person, and is very understanding of others.
Jun 16, 2015 4:15 PM

Apr 2011
Haganai

A group of people who think they have no friends but they actually are all friends. Idk something about is just awesome.
Jun 16, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
LionCake said:

1. He looks awsome.
5. He is intelligent, and excels at everything he does, but is humble and down to earth.
7. He is caring and logical. He is willing to set aside his personal feelings for the common wellbeing of everyone.

Kiroumaru is not anime.
Jun 16, 2015 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
It was good. Enough said.

Jun 16, 2015 4:17 PM

Jun 2015
My favorite anime is Strike the Blood, I really enjoyed the chemistry between Kojou and Yukina, it was romance done properly in my opinion. Could have done without "No, senpai, this is our fight." I did not need that in my life, but it currently holds a very special place in my heart.
Jun 16, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2015
Imaishi said:
LionCake said:

1. He looks awsome.

Kiroumaru is not anime.
For some reason I misread this for what is your favorite anime character. Or maybe I clicked on the wrong post.
Jun 16, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Because they are the best anime evah! What other reason could there be?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 16, 2015 7:22 PM

Nov 2008
To be perfectly honest......probably the relationship, followed closely by the characters. There are very few things in my favorite anime that I do not like though.

Full Moon Wo Sagashite

1. TakutoxMitsuki
2. Takuto himself
3. Mitsuki herself
4. The emotional impact
5. The artwork
6. The other characters
7. The amazing twist of irony. I absolutely LOVE irony....idk it's awesome.
8. The music
9. The themes. Dreams, death, salvation, regrets, what it truly means to live (this shit is seriously heavy for a shoujo targeted at very young girls and it's NOT afraid to treat them like adults sometimes)
ChiibiJun 16, 2015 7:26 PM

Jun 16, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Major, fantastic characters, good believable drama, and a great coming of age story with baseball as the main driving point.
Jun 16, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2010
Kino's Journey.

Episode 1: "Oh, I see. That's kinda subtle."
Episode 2: "Oh...Damn. I think I love Kino's Journey."
Episode 3: "Okay, that's damn hilarious. Shots fired in more ways than one."
Episode 4: "Alright, so the twist today is...ah."
Episode 5: "Well this is different. Also, more shots fired. Wow."
Episode 6: "This is even more different."
Episode 7: "And that's the end of that. Social hierarchies be damned."
Episode 8: "Huh, that was a nice little story."
Episode 9: "Oh, hi there censorship."
Episode 10: "Oh, hi there existentialism."
Episode 11: "Short stories this time, huh."
Episode 12: "I had the most fun with the 2nd episode, but I actually think this was the best. This is great stuff."
Episode 13: "Oh, so that's how-

Oh. Well then. I'm favoriting this."
Jun 16, 2015 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Ookami no Kodomo, because it reminds me about my auntie who was a single parent.
Jun 16, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2008
FMA Brotherhood:

1. A bit of everything: action, comedy, drama, "philosophy"...
2. Long enough for the plot, but does not overdo it
3. Good plot
4. Good characters and character development
5. Good ost, animation, soundtrack...

It's the most "balanced" anime I ever watched.

My emotional favorite though is Serial Experiments Lain
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jun 16, 2015 7:45 PM

Feb 2015
The best one I've seen
Jun 16, 2015 7:50 PM
Dec 2014
because it's objectively the best anime ever made
Jun 16, 2015 8:07 PM

Feb 2015
Jun 16, 2015 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
Imaishi said:
EdenB said:
discuss ~

Agreed!
oh and Gurren Lagann
Jun 16, 2015 9:53 PM

Jan 2015
mayukachan said:
1. Relateability
yeah she all said it already
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

23 by WesternSiren »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you care about gambling anime?

Cammell - May 8

44 by MichaelJackson »»
35 minutes ago

» Why "some" people like netorare (NTR)? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DC_and_E - Feb 26, 2019

262 by Rhae »»
49 minutes ago

» Animation quality consistency.

Yuu_Kanzaki - 6 hours ago

9 by deg »»
52 minutes ago

» ANIME AND MANGA GEEKS ASSEMBLE !!! Evil female characters who fall for MC, recommandations.

NaRc0s_G - 1 hour ago

0 by NaRc0s_G »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.