Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Happy Sugar Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Satou...the more I see her this episode, the more it feels like she can barely contain her other personality.

Also, Satou's aunt is creepy. Hot but creepy. There's even glimpses of her past with Satou that showed their disturbing background story.
Aug 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Aug 2013
So the disposed bag is probably Shio's mom, unless there's another plot-twist. I was about to say there's no way Satou would let the apartment smell bad, but now it makes sense.

The teacher is so cringy and Satou's aunt is so creepy.
UImoetardAug 24, 2018 11:26 AM
Aug 24, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
I like how this show is keeping me interested with every episode. This i was not expecting at all that about her aunt, that was great ... But honestly the scene with police officers was bad, like jesus god holy on heavens bad, and dumb.

UImoetard said:
So the disposed bag is probably Shio's mom

It also crossed my mind, that it can be her.
Aug 24, 2018 11:44 AM

Mar 2018
I figured the one she disposed of was the owner of apartment 1208. That painter she meets at the end of the episode. Perhaps she continues to pay for his bills so she can stay there with Shio.
Aug 24, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2016
I'm suprised there wasnt a scene of the police guy coming back to knock on the aunt's door lol.

UImoetard said:
So the disposed bag is probably Shio's mom, unless there's another plot-twist. I was about to say there's no way Satou would let the apartment smell bad, but now it makes sense.

The teacher is so cringy and Satou's aunt is so creepy.
Swagernator said:
I like how this show is keeping me interested with every episode. This i was not expecting at all that about her aunt, that was great ... But honestly the scene with police officers was bad, like jesus god holy on heavens bad, and dumb.

UImoetard said:
So the disposed bag is probably Shio's mom

It also crossed my mind, that it can be her.

It's definetly not Shio's mum, Im guessing you both missed the after credit scene.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Aug 24, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
If I were a police officer and someone would stare at me like aunty did, then I wouldn't act so casually, lol.

Her fall out and teachers crazy laugh were almost enough anime for me today.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 24, 2018 1:05 PM
Feb 2016
What a psychological episode. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Aug 24, 2018 1:30 PM

Aug 2018
One thing that overall I really dig about this anime is that its narrative never portrayed Satou as being a psychopath despite our common sense telling us so, bits by bits the anime tells us more about her past and what defined her as a human being while growing up so we see her more as an individual and not just a one dimensional character.

It definitely makes a lot more sense now to see her being charmed by Shio and developing a warped definition of love because unlike normal people she never experienced the "normal love", the society's accepted one so at this point we can believe her when she says she truly loves Shio because, in her own unnatural way, she's being herself at the best she can.
noguzaSep 7, 2018 8:27 AM
Aug 24, 2018 1:45 PM

Jul 2017
Satou's aunt is really good looking and bizarre yet curious to watch. I love it!
Aug 24, 2018 2:09 PM

Jan 2017
Disappointed with this episode, just left me confused.

- The aunt has bandages all over, Police Officers don't questions this.

- The aunt has a few screws loose, the Police Officers don't question this.

- The aunt sexually harasses a Police Officer, the Police Officers then leave.

And who the hell is beating up on the Aunt if she lives alone? Unless she's covering up scars?

AND WHAT KIND OF COPS WOULD LEAVE A HIGHSCHOOL GIRL IN THE CARE OF THAT NUTCASE OF AN AUNT???

Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Aug 24, 2018 2:35 PM

Jun 2017
So the aunt was alive...man I am both disgusted and aroused at the same time. This is a whole new level of crazy.
Aug 24, 2018 6:10 PM
Mar 2017
Do police not need a Warrant in Japan?
Aug 24, 2018 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that was unexpected. When she found the cops in front of her aunt's apartment I knew it wasn't Saotu's floor, but I wasn't expecting to see her aunt alive. She is kind of hot, I like her obsessive-masochistic personality.
Aug 24, 2018 8:15 PM

May 2018
welp, now we know why Satou's a psycho. She lives with that crazy woman
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 24, 2018 9:00 PM
Mar 2017
I must say that Satou's aunt is fucking crazy, I think I can understand where the crooked form of "love" that Satou has for Shio comes from.
Poor Shoko, she was very scared, lets be honest, anyone would be scared if someone sees a woman as creepy as Satou's aunt acting like that and saying those things, although in the end that was the plan of our pink-haired girl, it was the only way to remove Shoko from her life, although I still feel that Shoko is in danger, she still loves Satou despite the fact that she told her that they were friends only at work.
At last the damn sensei left with his tail between his legs, after that scare, who would not.
And finally we know something about the owner of the "castle of Satou and Shio", apparently it was some artist who welcomed Satou in a difficult moment, but why did she kill him?.
And the last thing in these last episodes I can guess that Shio was abandoned by her mother and Saotu rescue her from the street.
Aug 24, 2018 9:07 PM

Jan 2015
So, Satou’s aunt... I really did not see that coming. Jeezus. 🤭
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 24, 2018 9:21 PM
Feb 2018
Surprised me that her aunt is still alive! I'm guessing the bag that got burned is Shio's mom then.
Aug 24, 2018 9:38 PM

Apr 2016
Satou's aunt has a different look of a psycho as compared to Satou who looks normal in the outside. She's weird but I kinda like her character. :v

So next episode is about the guy who was inside the disposed bag?
But there were 3 bags right?... as I remembered from the 1st episode... unless Satou chopped the person and put the parts inside those 3 bags to make each bag not look "human size" big.

Well, I was expecting RIP Shoko in this episode but I guess I was wrong.
Aug 24, 2018 10:29 PM

Nov 2015
This was probably the creepiest and best episode so far. It was quite tragic how Satou and Shoko's friendship ended just because she saw something she shouldn't have.
Also what was the deal with that policewoman that just stood there for several minutes while the aunt was all over the policeman? Lol
Aug 24, 2018 10:31 PM

Mar 2018
So, Satou's aunt was alive and she's really hot but creepy af
Aug 25, 2018 6:26 AM

Jan 2017
Satou's aunt best waifu
Aug 25, 2018 6:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this is some whole new level of insanity right there! What a psychological episode too, it kept me at the edge of my seat from the get-go.

Jeez, when Satou and her friend got to their apartment, I was so shocked and almost literally thought that we might get to see Satou’s cover blow up, but a different flat in the same apartment sure got me by surprise. Satou’s aunt Alice was a shock itself but her overly masochistic and twisted personality just made it all the more psychological of sorts. She sure was one weird and creepy chick. On another notes, it’s a pity that Satou’s friend couldn’t manage to take all this but who can possibly blame her for not doing so. Lol, once again, the teacher gets played and especially worse this time around. I must say, though, his theory of this whole thing shown during the first couple of minutes seemed very legit and similar to my own personal theory, but alas he was off by a mile and so was I. I’ve always thought this show was a little over your standard crazy crap but this episode was on a whole different level.

I’m really looking forward to the next episode, espeically more so thanks to the interesting hints given at the end credits. I wonder if that painter is alive now. Definitely the most whacked crazy episode of the Season, and perhaps even of the year!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 25, 2018 7:53 AM
Mar 2016
Until this episode the show was kind of meeh but this one changed it completely for me. Honestly it was the climax and the whole mystery will resolve from now on obviously.
I think the bag Sataou gave the teacher is the owner of the house. So there are 3 bags, maybe Satou chopped the man in to 3 bags and the other two bags are different people. If so the other one can be Chio's mother.
There is one more bag I don't know who it is maybe they will give us a new character or my first theory is correct and this one is wrong.
Let's see what will happen next week!
meganewakakkoiiAug 25, 2018 7:56 AM
Aug 25, 2018 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
Why is everyone saying that Shio's mother could be inside the bags?

SHE WAS ALIVE WHEN HER DAUGHTER DISAPPEARED

Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Aug 25, 2018 8:28 AM

Jun 2013
Satou's aunt is one of the most popular characters in the manga.

Dayum, I love the color of her aunt's hair and she's fawking hawt. That male cop just lied on the damn floor while aunty rubbed her generous titties all over his body. He almost bitch slapped her when she said he was boring, struck a cord, did she? He was blushing when his partner dragged him away, that cop is definitely coming back to see aunty to beat and screw her.

Not enough Shio-chan and Mitsuboshi in this episode. I want to see Mitsuboshi get close to Shio-chan and get fucked up by Satou.

Sensei is confusing me, he claims that he wants to be the only one to keep Satou's secret but then get excited about her getting discovered.

That after credits scene though. Satou was willing to pay with her body just because the nii-san guy let her stay at his apartment. Now she lives there permanently.
臭い-
Aug 25, 2018 8:58 AM

Dec 2017
Great surprise about Satou's aunt. Somehow i found she kinda hot. Weird but hot. Her voice, her clothes, it's all feel so soft, sweet and gentle. If i were in that situation, I might have been stunned just like that officer. You are young, single, probably virgin and a weird but hot girl just crawling to you like that, dont you loose your mind?

I dont know what they are called, but the officer is probably the type that in charge of solving social problems and small cases like robbery and such, not the detectors who solve murder case. They found no envidence, and encountered a weird woman in a weird house, probably just want to get tf out of there asap.
Aug 25, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2017
i feel sorry for room 1208 owner from episode 8 preview, he did nothing wrong :(

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 25, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2017
Don't care for the 1208 painter man or whatever, I just don't want to see girls / women being butchered in this anime.

that is all
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Aug 25, 2018 10:43 AM

Apr 2015
Felt a lot like an eromanga.

The teacher is probably the worst character, not as in the sense that I don't like him but in the sense that he's the worst written; all the other characters, however unreal and crazy they are, all feel like actual characters, this guy comes off as auxiliary, a character who just exists to fill a role.

Last scene reminds me of Lain
Aug 25, 2018 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
So Satou's mom is pretty weird. But it kind of explains how she grew up the way she did. Also I love how when the aunt pushed the cop to the floor the other cop just stood there and watched for minute. Slightly unrealistic imo but still enjoyed the episode.
Aug 25, 2018 11:27 AM

May 2010
episode made me finally drop it. show isnt good enough for the amount of discomfort i felt during this episode.

others may enjoy this sick shit but i dont.
Aug 25, 2018 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
I bet her whole family is a bunch of twisted psychos.

Aug 25, 2018 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know if I'm screwed in mind or not but, to be honest I actually think her aunt is a wonderful person. Well she is weird as she is but, wanting to take on someone loneliness, isn't that enough reason to think of her as a good person?
Aug 25, 2018 2:37 PM

Jan 2018
Austro said:

And who the hell is beating up on the Aunt if she lives alone? Unless she's covering up scars?

AND WHAT KIND OF COPS WOULD LEAVE A HIGHSCHOOL GIRL IN THE CARE OF THAT NUTCASE OF AN AUNT???

You're right. The only way I could get it were if the two officers were completely stunned by the aunt's personality and behaviour.
Aug 25, 2018 2:49 PM

Jan 2015
Yessss, my favorite character animated <3
Next episode is gonna be insane
Aug 26, 2018 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
This episode really had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

such a good episode !

Aug 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Aug 2013
As manga reader, I really appreciate this adaptation.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 27, 2018 12:31 AM

Jun 2017

im so glad normal-chan didn’t get fucking butchered. her relationship with Satou is by far the most (personally) interesting thing about the show. kinda wished she was able to tell Satou that she’d stick with her, would introduce an interesting dynamic that could perhaps shine more light on Satou’s poor poor soul... hoping for more developement here personally. In a world of lunatics, normal-chan is the only character that you can kinda relate with

Austro said:

Yea bit of a break in my suspension of disbelief there, was willing to maybe have the police acknowledge that she’s just a huge fucking physco (might be a cultural thing w/ interfering into people’s lives too, idk) but having the police just run away after blalant sexual harassment **of a police officer** just kinda broke it. in reality they would’ve arrested her slutty pyscho ass

having the story treat the ultimate threat of the Law in such a silly manner kinda diminishes the suspense, and the feeling of actually having things at stake
Aug 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Nov 2017
Austro said:

1*i think it was obvius. When he try to slap her she said "hit me! if it make you happy!", then he may think it was from random people or he is too affraid to ask considering that aunt was to creepy.
2*after seeing how messy her room was, maybe he think it was obvius.
3*you know, if you being single and never doing a single fuck in your life and ur a cop, then what will you do?
- fuck her instead?
- slap her?
- arrest her?

One more thing, the cops job on there was only to invetigate what was that smell.
Now Loading.....
Aug 27, 2018 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
421cookies said:
I don't know if I'm screwed in mind or not but, to be honest I actually think her aunt is a wonderful person. Well she is weird as she is but, wanting to take on someone loneliness, isn't that enough reason to think of her as a good person?

Unless there's something more than that we don't know. If we're going to take it at face value, yes she's not really that bad as a person.

Aug 27, 2018 4:05 AM
Jun 2017
this story is really making everyone surprised, i mean her aunt is alive?!!! im shocked when ive seen that one... her friend right now sure is confused of what is happening... hahaha..

and what is on that apartment 1208? ohh next week im so ready for you..
Aug 27, 2018 9:16 AM
Mar 2017
Goddamn do I like crazy cause the aunt is really doing it for me.

Anyway, interesting episode; I liked the series but, now I'm fully on board.
Aug 27, 2018 10:49 AM

Jan 2017
The only reason this Crime Plot is able to continue is because no one calls the cops, and when the cops are there, they are literally retarded.

Lazy Writing.

As for the Aunt, I would rather be locked in a room with her, rather than Satou.

The Aunt doesn't seem to have any outward violence, she only takes violence in.

Which actually makes me wonder where Satou learned to be violent. If her aunt was never violent with her, then how she be going around chopping people up and gouging out eyeballs? She seems to think violence is "ok" but no one has ever been violent around her, so.....?

We are all more or less a product of our environment

If your parents smoke, you will probably also smoke
if your parents abuse you, you will probably also abuse
if your parents drink, you will probably also drink

ect ect...
Yuri_FanaticAug 27, 2018 11:38 AM
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Aug 28, 2018 1:32 AM

Jul 2014
It's surprising that the aunt is still alive, but that has actually proven to be a smart decision, as her brand of crazy was the most unsettling and least caricatured the show has gone for so far. It also really provides insight into how Satou has developed into the character we've been following since the show started. It also isn't surprising that, despite their conversation last episode, Satou isn't crazy enough to trust Shoko with the secret of Shio, so using what is apparently her actual address as a backup was a clever idea, especially as it seems to have shaken Shoko so much as to put an end to the relationship the two have had so far.

It's now just a matter of who this mystery artist that Satou killed was, and if anyone will figure out that the guy is missing at any point, because when the police do they'd be likely to head straight to room 1208 to find out the truth.
Aug 28, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2010
That was quite suspensful. They went a little overboard with the fact that the police has done nothing in this situation. But even then it was quite a revelation that she is still alive. It was a really tense moment there.

Austro said:

Horror movie cops. This is literally the B horror movie flick. You know those cops that go into the killer`s room, they see some blood but the killer says "I got hurt while trying to cook my onion" and then the cops are : okay, nothing to do here, good day sir.

But I agree. It could and should be handled much better.

noguza said:
One thing that overall I really dig about this anime is that its narrative never portrayed Satou as being a psychopath despite our common sense telling us so, bits by bits the anime tells us more about her past and what defined her as a human being while growing up so *even though it's wrong*, we see her more as an individual and not just a one dimensional character.

It definitely makes a lot more sense now to see her being charmed by Shio and developing a warped definition of love because unlike us she never experienced the "normal love", the society's accepted one so at this point we can believe her when she says she loves Shio, because, in her own unnatural way, she's being herself at the best she can.

You are totally right. But her depiction is even more real thanks to the fact that her psychotic features are not overdrawn. She is usually silent and reasonable. Compare this to usual anime "psychos" - maniacal laughs, spewing bullshit like crazy, weird poses, screams and all those circus acts. Thanks to this Satou looks more like a real crazy person and not like a clown.

Austro said:

The Aunt doesn't seem to have any outward violence, she only takes violence in.

Which actually makes me wonder where Satou learned to be violent. If her aunt was never violent with her, then how she be going around chopping people up and gouging out eyeballs? She seems to think violence is "ok" but no one has ever been violent around her, so.....?

We are all more or less a product of our environment
If your parents smoke, you will probably also smoke
if your parents abuse you, you will probably also abuse
if your parents drink, you will probably also drink

Well, we do not know about her parents. It is still a mystery. And there is high probability some of the aunt`s visitor used violence on her. And she accepted it because "this is love to her".

MomoSinX said:
So the aunt was alive...man I am both disgusted and aroused at the same time. This is a whole new level of crazy.

Aug 28, 2018 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
Another disturbing episode!
Even Satou has plans when some uninvited guest attempts to follow her home!
of course she'll show a different room!
but damn! who is that girl (aunt?) who accepts any kinds of desires!?
5/5.

Aug 29, 2018 5:49 AM

Apr 2016
This show is underrated so far. It isn't a masterpiece by any means neither is it going to be by the end of it. But the show is insanely entertaining. Satou is simply an amazing yandere.

As for the episode, dude that aunt is creepy. And dude that teacher is cringy and disposable.
Aug 29, 2018 12:51 PM

Jan 2017
yandere's belong in a box under a jail cell.

They get old real fast
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Aug 29, 2018 3:53 PM
Oct 2017
I do not know who it is the most scary character between Satou, the aunt or the teacher
I think Satou is the most normal of all
Aug 30, 2018 12:02 AM

Aug 2018
Oh Saito! At least you come by your nuttiness honestly. That teacher perv is just too much. He’s nuttier than Saito.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 3 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

44 by tamagolord »»
Jun 19, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2018

62 by Dizzy-san »»
Jun 19, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2018

327 by UTSANOMIKO »»
Jun 16, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

43 by Dizzy-san »»
May 12, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.