Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, I think Nishioka may have surprised himself more than just that editorial department with his ideas.

Kaguya is more shy than usual imo this episode, not that should be surprising since she's probably more conscious about Majime after receiving that letter. Kaguya accepting a relationship could work out although they'll probably have to know each other a bit more. I really hope we get an episode just focused on the both of them soon.
Nov 17, 2016 5:01 PM

May 2015
Damn, I loved the second half. I think they'd make a great couple yet it feels a little bit too fast, since they don't know each other that well, so I'm hoping for more focus on their relationship.

Lovely episode.

Nov 17, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2008
I was surprised to see the development happen so fast, but I'm assuming that gives the show the rest of the five episodes left to focus on making the dictionary.
Nov 17, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2012
This is an awesome episode! I think that they'll know each other better in the next episodes; The Dictionary is essential, but probably Kaguya will be very important in terms of support - for example in the first episode they hold hands in the "words world", I think there was a reason and yeah, like Star700 i hope in an episode just focused on the both of them!
Mirko94Nov 17, 2016 6:06 PM
Nov 17, 2016 6:28 PM

Sep 2015
I was so happy in the end for him.
Nov 17, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2010
HELL YEAH!! I was surprised all's going well for Majime and Kaguya this early on the show.. hope that doesn't mean a bad ending or something at the end.. please I need a happy ending on this show.. looking forward for more development between their relationship.. This really made my day!! :D
Nov 17, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
Fucking yes, glad I didn't have to wait 11 episodes for Majime and Kaguya to get together.

This episode was the best yet and I'm excited for next week

Nov 17, 2016 7:35 PM

Oct 2008
OMG Wow! the romance feels like unreal and a bit hasty! but at the same time it was very sweet! You're in luck Majime to find a woman on this city who is available and who falls in love at the same time...or maybe Kaguya already in love with Majime or Majime is the 1st one to be in live with Kaguya...anyway whatever!
I'm also a sucker for romance...just like a hopeless romantic.
5/5!
matias067Nov 17, 2016 7:42 PM

Nov 17, 2016 7:57 PM

Dec 2008
Heartstrings pulled to the max! Such a sweet scene between Majime and Kaguya.
Nov 17, 2016 10:38 PM

Dec 2013
This show is showing signs that it can be top class.
I just wish more people would give it a chance =/.
Nov 17, 2016 10:44 PM

Jun 2013
YES! THAT WAS PERFECT!
Was never expecting this to be one of my favorites of the season, this is so underrated.
Nov 18, 2016 1:00 AM

May 2016
I believe there's time skips through the episodes, so I don't think the romance is rushed at all. There's a lot of personal growth of Majime in this episode, too.

I don't understand how this show can only be rated a 7.5. This is easily the best show of the season, and one of the best all year.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Nov 18, 2016 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
I'm happy to see that Kaguya declared her feelings for Majime. Now that they're a couple, I hope they can get more screen time together so we can see their relationship develop.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 18, 2016 2:28 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice episode.

It was sad seeing Majime get depressed about Nishioka transferring out. There was even that imagery of him sinking in the sea or words. :(

Majime and Kaguya are officially a couple now. :D It was a little on the fast side I guess, but the confession was still really sweet. The entire scene was really lovely. Good for you Micchan. XD
I'd have been more surprised if Kaguya actually understood the letter in the first place. xD
I was actually hoping that Kaguya would ask Majime to explain the letter to her. That would've been really sweet too.
Nov 18, 2016 3:30 AM
Oct 2009
what a seriously GREAT episode... im crying right now... so emotional... so emotional...
Nov 18, 2016 3:38 AM

Sep 2013
So, he wrote 15 pages of a love letter to a girl he barely can talk to? Lol.

Also, now that they "have feelings" for each other, what are they going to do? Hold hands at best?

What an antiquated "love", I would say.
Nov 18, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2014
well that was unexpected... Kaguya actually accepted..... I am liking it more and more....
Nov 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
My reaction at the end of this episode...and I quote "YEAH BOY!!!!" *stands up and pumps fist* "F*** YEAH!!!! F*** YEAH!!!!!"

Awww man I was so relieved and so happy at the ending of this episode...so wonderfully done.

On top of that they did a great job portraying Majime's feelings after he found of Nishioka will be transferring. I felt him being stuck in the mud was...well Him being stuck in the mud when it came to not only the Dictionary making but his love for Kaguya as well.

Now he's finally overcome both those obstacles and can remain focused!

Man Majime's development is freaking awesome!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 18, 2016 8:18 AM
Feb 2016
Ahhh!! I knew there's bound to be some misunderstanding about the love letter and the way Majime actually stay up all night thinking Kaguya is going to reply her answer any minute now just to escape from her the next morning. Along with that sorry that Kaguya spout out that breaks Majime's heart without understand what she truly meant. I still gotta say their relationship development is way too fast but it still made me fangirling when Kaguya return Majime's feeling (♥‿♥)

I still hope Nishioka won't get transfer by the time Spring comes he is essential to the team!!
Nov 18, 2016 8:37 AM

Aug 2016
YESSSSSS, let's go :D Beautifull episode :D oh man, I'm so happy!
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 18, 2016 8:38 AM

Aug 2016
First episode of fall 2016 that made me tear up :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 18, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2012
Been thinking about this for little bit but Fune wo Amu is a part of a select group of anime that master ED transitions. They always say its not how you start that's important but how you finish.

I like to compare it to tying a great knot on a present. Sure the knot doesn't really matter all that much since people mostly care about the present but great presentation can leave a big impression
HybridMBLNov 18, 2016 9:57 AM
Nov 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2016
Majime and Kaguya are so cute, I swear I love them together! But poor guy, he waited all night for her answer haha It would've been better if he didn't write such complicated things but then again it's his way to be so..

Nishioka's face here killed me hahaha he doesn't even know how to react to what he did .... But I feel sorry for have to change departments, hopefully he will come back
Nov 18, 2016 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wonderful.

Everything in the second half was perfect. Majime got depressed about Nishioka having to leave and being left alone with all the work (including work where you have to communicate).

Kaguya responding like this to him must have been his greatest moment. What a roller coaster of emotions for him.

Also she has to be the most beautiful women this season.
Nov 18, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
Aww I'm so happy Kaguya didn't reject Majime. I was worried for a second when she ran upstairs. Can't wait to see how their relationship will develop.
Nov 18, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode.

Both halves played out good.
The first one was depressing while the second half filled the void with the sweetness.

Kaguya's blush and confession was the highlight of the episode.
Nov 18, 2016 1:08 PM

Sep 2012
Unrealistic, IRL she'd despise him.
Nov 18, 2016 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
This was a sweet episode. Majime did some introspection into himself and seems to be developing some character in order to improve himself and for the rest, that's nice.

It was emotionally rewarding as well, Kaguya and Majime but showed a multitude of expressions and emotions. At first I thought he gave him another "mistaken" letter, but it turned out she just didn't understand the complexity of the message and now that he could face her, she could understand his feelings. That is sweet.

I like this series, and I like the characters.
Nov 18, 2016 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
oh come on man have some balls but i'm glad they're together now
Nov 18, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2012
Fenryr19 said:
Unrealistic, IRL she'd despise him.

Not necessarily true.

She seems to me as someone who was wounded by her previous relationship to the point she had to leave the town to her grandma, so taking it slowly for a change can be much more appealing to her right now. His old-fashioned letter can be a bit awkward, yes, but 18 pages of it speaks of huge dedication. And he clearly told her in person afterwards, that would make her think about him strongly. The anime probably only showed (cherry-picked should I say) few of their everyday interactions as some time most likely passed during her stay at the boarding house, that's also something not to be overlook. She certainly feels Majime is harmless and also caring which probably fits well as the opposite of her previous failed relationship. And she also sees great dedication in him and that's why she grew to take interest in him. There was certain liking of both of them for each other that's what's important when considering the next step. Really, it's just saying your heart's feel, what's wrong with that?

In fact, I found this intimate scene when they accepted their feelings right away a lot more realistic than I would find their long hesitation till the end of the series as found in most other animes.
Sometimes, bit of resolve and determination in the right place at the right time is really all needed to push things of heart forwards.
Nov 18, 2016 7:02 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, that little bit after the ending... I can only imagine the character young Sasaki must have been. :D
Nov 18, 2016 8:21 PM

May 2015
Majime and Kaguya confessing to one another was great. I'm so glad we're getting this now, and not during the last episode!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Nov 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Dec 2011
This anime is a pure gem that is so underrated.Really good episode and great that Majima and Kaguya are together now forever and ever.
Nov 18, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2011
Okay I was skeptical of the romance, but the fact that Majime was ready for rejection and that Kaguya got flustered and is actually interested in him too made me smile. I'm sure they cut out some development, but I think it's a bit mistranslated to use "love" for suki. Especially since it's Majime saying this, and he's very particular about words.

Goddamn, these kids though.
Nov 18, 2016 11:51 PM

Jan 2008
The confession of Majime and Kaguya was very sweet. Loved it
Nov 19, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Static more than the previous events are running with the dropper, but in the end the narrative centers some goal, quite satisfied. The plot gets more complicated, now you just have to wait and see how it will solve the problem; I can not wait. Drawings and animations, good. Excellent soundtrack.
Nov 19, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2009
Matchmaker grandma strikes again, that woman is so adorable, I can't get enough of her. She is everything an ideal old lady should be - cute, nice, caring and a little bit nosy.

I knew Kaguya will accept Majime's feelings at some point because of the scene from first episode, but I thought it would take some time, considering how inexperienced Majime is. I'm not disappointed it happened so fast though. I just hope the plot won't focus on their relationship too much.
Nov 19, 2016 7:26 PM

Oct 2011
I'M SO HAPPY FOR HIM! The ending was perfect, damn! I love this show so much.
Nov 20, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
I'm so sad that Nishioka will leave the department :/. Everyone felt bad after this revelation and the scene with Majime and the sea of words created a beautiful heavy atmosphere.

Such a lovely ending, the song and their faces were perfect <3
Nov 21, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2016
I love this series. The humor is good, and now we have a romance development.

I am really interested where the show will go from here on.
Want to see a happy ending for this series but deep down i would love to see a sad ending, too.
and the why the show is going a sad ending is probable

Do not take life too seriously.
You will never get out of it alive.

Nov 21, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2012
Ahhhh the awkwardness and misunderstandings that lead to heartfelt confessions was so amazingly well done and perfect!
Kaguya and Majime both expressed more than they normally do which was a total plus! Her little surprise and blush when he stated that it was a love letter was spot on~

That was some much needed happiness to counter my sadness at Nishioka's circumstances, but I'm also glad that he has a caring girlfriend himself
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 22, 2016 4:58 PM

May 2011
So satisfying! This Anime is going great so far.
Nov 24, 2016 2:05 AM

Jun 2013
As much as I love Majime and Kaguya as a couple and believe they'll make it together, I feel as if the music, dialogue, etc. made it kind of cheesy. It's a bit too fast for me. I mean their romance, they're going to be a couple by the next episode so what am I going to wait for now? D: Unless they get married and have kids, the anticipation of their budding romance has died. I still like it though and would continue to watch.
臭い-
Nov 24, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2015
Really looking forward to romance starts. (^_^)
The seiyuu are really great, particularly Kamiya.
Nov 27, 2016 1:52 PM
Apr 2014
OMG xD Kaguya's reaction when he asked her for an answer was priceless :D Didn't she realize what that was until that point? Well. He could have made it more obvious probably :P

Also the grandmother talking to the cat was hilarious!
Dec 20, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
Confession went as planned, though there wasn't much development leading up to it so it isn't easy to buy.
Dec 22, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2015
LOVED the Sea of words. He like any other person is in the sea of words. THE WORDS that we listen to and use every day and the dead words are the ones that are far away from us in the sea that we don't see.

Also found a mentioning about Akutagawa Ryuonoske :P Character from Bungou stray dogs for those who doesn't know.
Dec 27, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2011
YES! Majime and Kaguya is official!

It was a little bit fast for me, but I don't know...
I mean, in the anime those episodes run in a couple of months... And looking by that side I think it was ok.
Dec 31, 2016 1:23 AM
Jan 2016
It's strange for me to say this,but... I'm enjoying a Slice of life about a middle aged virgin that love make dictionaries,have chuunibyou hallucinations and writes a 15 pages love letter!!!.
Only the anime has the power to make me enjoy something like this.
P.D: Hayashi is pure Waifu material.
CrisHansenHereJan 1, 2017 7:20 AM
Jan 7, 2017 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
I agree that the romance development felt kinda hasty, but I think a lot of it has to do with the time skip that happened during their attempts at salvaging the project of The Great Passage, they did briefly mention that it has been few months that they've worked on it.

I personally wish that they could have interacted more before a confession, but it can't be helped with how short the series is, and that the story demanded a time skip in the middle of it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

105 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

112 by Kvistis »»
Feb 17, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

130 by satanleo »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

46 by Atavistic »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

51 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 19, 2023 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.