Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2017 5:47 PM
Dec 2014
Elegade said:
Gay, that's where I get almost all my weeb songs from. Not everything is complete on Nyaa. Oh well, Nyaa will just continue to grow.

Nyaa is really terrible with old and obscure stuff. Good thing I have a bakaBT account.
Apr 12, 2017 5:59 PM
Dec 2014
GangsterCat said:
those pirate hunters' life must be so sad that they are doing their best to stop people from having fun

Especially considering bakaBT was mainly an anime archive for old stuff. This isn't going to help the anime industry earn a single cent. Nobody is going to track down old DVDs of 20 year old shows for fuck sake.
Apr 12, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2017
j0x said:
i hope NyaaTorrents will seed more older shows now if not its time to go back to the old and trusted IRC/XDCC downloading
Can you help me with that? I really have no clue how to download anime using IRC or whatever method is in the books.
Apr 12, 2017 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
John_2001 said:
j0x said:
i hope NyaaTorrents will seed more older shows now if not its time to go back to the old and trusted IRC/XDCC downloading
Can you help me with that? I really have no clue how to download anime using IRC or whatever method is in the books.

there are tutorials out there like the following
http://haruhichan.com/page/faq.html#Question3
http://horriblesubs.info/irc-guide/
Apr 12, 2017 7:02 PM

Jul 2016
I found the exact same files I wanted from there elsewhere, but it's very inconvenient with bad speeds.
Apr 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Lord_Lamington said:
I've never used it before so it doesn't really bother me
It's a virtual certainty that bootleg streaming sites like Kiss got their original videos for older shows from BBT, since it was generally the most convenient or only source to download those titles. So users of those sites have indirectly benefited from BBT, even if they haven't actually been there or used the tracker.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Apr 12, 2017 8:06 PM
Feb 2017
I'm completely lost I don't even know what this is.
Apr 13, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2014
imeli said:
I'm completely lost I don't even know what this is.

The site itself or the announcement?
Apr 13, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2012
Get used to this kinda thing. It's hard to believe because it's lasted so long, but we're still in the Wild West days of the internet. There is A LOT of $ being spent pressuring the law makers and in R&D on how to automate take-downs. You don't think The Sony/Funimation/Lantis/etc. etc. of the world don't know about nyaa? They do, and they will take them down eventually.

I don't know what form it will take, but I do know this wont last forever. Someone will pass some law and then combined with a breakthrough in quantum computing or some shit, there wont be any illegal media sites to be found. This will probably be 10+ years down the road but it will for sure happen in our lifetimes. Pirates will have to make due with the dark web or IRC more exotic p2p-type services unless they can innovate, which they haven't in quite some time.
Apr 13, 2017 11:52 AM

Feb 2010
This ruins the availability of old anime forever. I'm not even exaggerating when I say this is the worst thing that has ever happened to the western anime community and also me personally in regards to anime. There will be hundreds of titles now that I'll never be able to watch. This might honestly make me lose the motivation to keep up with anime in general...

I'm literally depressed right now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2017 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Pullman said:
This ruins the availability of old anime forever. I'm not even exaggerating when I say this is the worst thing that has ever happened to the western anime community and also me personally in regards to anime. There will be hundreds of titles now that I'll never be able to watch. This might honestly make me lose the motivation to keep up with anime in general...

Is it really this bad? Won't they still be available on streaming sites? It's not like nobody has access to BakaBT so these series are not lost forever, are they?
Apr 13, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2016
fuyuki said:
Pullman said:

Is it really this bad? Won't they still be available on streaming sites? It's not like nobody has access to BakaBT so these series are not lost forever, are they?

I found some manga only here like the last two volumes of Kazan (Members 697).
Apr 13, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
fuyuki said:
Pullman said:

Well, not lost forever, just lost for the majority of people including me who don't have Bakabt accounts (I couldn't even support one if I got the opportunity to have one because my internet speed is too low to properly upload). That's what I meant by availability. They become exclusive to a small club of Bakabt members.

And many of the anime I'm referring to are obscure Movies or OVAs or TV Series from the 89s, 70s or even older. Almost nobody gives a shit about them or even knows they exist so most of them will probably end up being forgotten. I won't be able to tell whether they are available without access to BakaBT. I used to just google the name + bakabt and if a result showed up it was available, if not it was most likely unsubbed.

And I generally hate streaming (too unreliable with my internet) and streaming sites who profit from the hard work that fansubbers/rippers put in for free (like kissanime) I hate even more. If that became the only alternative it would be a dark day still.

The frustrating thing is that targeting bakabt won't even make them any money. 95% of what I've seen from there is way old and/or not even licensed at all in the west and the ONLY difference now is that I just can't see it anymore AT ALL. There isn't even any legal alternative that would profit from this harassment. It's just out of spite.

Literally the worst day.
Apr 13, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2013
i havent been to deep on it, but i've bookmarked this site long ago } https://anime.thehylia.com/

which seems to have the 2 most obscure stuff i watched (DT Eightron and Genma Taisen)
Apr 13, 2017 12:15 PM

Aug 2015
John_2001 said:
j0x said:
Just google it or look for videos in YouTube there are plenty of tutorials out there how to download anime from IRC.
Apr 13, 2017 12:16 PM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
i havent been to deep on it, but i've bookmarked this site long ago } https://anime.thehylia.com/

which seems to have the 2 most obscure stuff i watched (DT Eightron and Genma Taisen)

First obscure anime that came to my mind they already don't have (Genshi Shounen Ryu) :(.

Literally the worst day.
Apr 13, 2017 12:23 PM

Aug 2015
Pullman said:
romagia said:

First obscure anime that came to my mind they already don't have (Genshi Shounen Ryu) :(.

Literally the worst day.
Have you checked official fansub group?They have what you're looking for
Apr 13, 2017 12:24 PM

Feb 2013
Pullman said:
romagia said:

Literally the worst day.
Our ancestors downloaded directly from the fansubbers, and so again shall we.
Apr 13, 2017 12:27 PM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
Pullman said:

Literally the worst day.
Our ancestors downloaded directly from the fansubbers, and so again shall we.

ultravigo said:
Pullman said:

Literally the worst day.
Have you checked official fansub group?They have what you're looking for

It was just an example. I know for a fact that a lot of oldschool fansub groups are dead including their websites and trackers so this will only work for stuff from groups that are still alive or that has been recently subbed :/.
Apr 13, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2015
xbobx said:
Anyone here with AB invites altruistic enough to share one?
I won't get your ass banned, swear to whatever god you believe in.

Bakabt fuckers pruned my account and I need to finish Ranma and Tsubasa Chronicle.
As expected nyaa doesn't seed anything older than 5yo and ru isn't helping.
Hope they drop dead.
Are you trolling or am i missing something here?

ultravigoApr 13, 2017 12:33 PM
Apr 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2017
don't care there are a tv channel on my tv that onl put old anime since i was kid i watched because of her like 35 anime aired before 2001
Apr 13, 2017 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
@Pullman You can still get a lot of old and obscure anime via IRC, can't you? Any fansubbing group that's still alive (and even some that are inactive, I'd think) usually keeps all of their releases available via an IRC bot, which is honestly easier than torrenting anyway.

For the rest, if this really does end up remaining permanent with BakaBT (there's still a possibility they could remain public under a different host, or that their seeding policies may change for members if they remain private) then the community will adjust slowly. Namely, older titles are likely to start getting seeded more on Nyaa or some alternative site... although for the most obscure stuff I guess even that is small hope.

I do agree that this is a pretty big hit to the community that serves no purpose. BakaBT was basically legit (or at least as legit as possible) in my eyes since, as you said, most of their stuff was old and unlicensed, and they took down anything they received copyright violation claims over.
Apr 13, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
I do have an account so i can still access the site but leechers can be usefull too since they help your ration so you can download more stuff later. Also i liked downloading anonymously so i won't be hurting my ratio, lol.
Apr 13, 2017 4:21 PM

Oct 2014
Pullman said:
fuyuki said:

Well, not lost forever, just lost for the majority of people including me who don't have Bakabt accounts (I couldn't even support one if I got the opportunity to have one because my internet speed is too low to properly upload). That's what I meant by availability. They become exclusive to a small club of Bakabt members.

And many of the anime I'm referring to are obscure Movies or OVAs or TV Series from the 89s, 70s or even older. Almost nobody gives a shit about them or even knows they exist so most of them will probably end up being forgotten. I won't be able to tell whether they are available without access to BakaBT. I used to just google the name + bakabt and if a result showed up it was available, if not it was most likely unsubbed.

And I generally hate streaming (too unreliable with my internet) and streaming sites who profit from the hard work that fansubbers/rippers put in for free (like kissanime) I hate even more. If that became the only alternative it would be a dark day still.

The frustrating thing is that targeting bakabt won't even make them any money. 95% of what I've seen from there is way old and/or not even licensed at all in the west and the ONLY difference now is that I just can't see it anymore AT ALL. There isn't even any legal alternative that would profit from this harassment. It's just out of spite.

Literally the worst day.

My internet also sucks but I've managed to build up 30 GB upload. Should you get back in, basically just download freeleech and seed that. Assuming nothing changes, you have a 25 GB buffer of things you can leech before you get warned. Just keep below specifically 25 GB download until you've amassed up to 10 GB upload. For 3 months I've UTW's Fate/Zero, Kametsu's UBW and Some-Stuffs' JoJo 2012 and 2014 to get this ratio (with a little help from some soundtracks I picked up along the way, but literally 95% of that upload is from 3 months of those 4 shows). A lot of old shows aren't gonna be freeleech due to a lack of 1080p but anything you can find in 1080p that you want, grab because it'll be freeleech. If the 25GB buffer doesn't last until you have at least 10GB of upload, I'm fairly sure they make the entire site freeleech for a few days during the winter holidays. The key thing is stay below the 25GB buffer so you don't get warned so that you can continue grabbing freeleech. Either way, they always advertised using the public tracker anonymously to leech and then seed those files with your account so I'll imagine they'll put in place a similar system for fixing ratios of newcomers (unless they expect newcomers that get into a private tracker to not fuck up their ratios).

At any rate, I believe I once heard you can download their files through IRC so that's also an option.

Side note: Does anyone know if you need permission from release group to upload their (old) stuff on Nyaa?
Toa_of_GallifreyApr 13, 2017 4:26 PM
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 13, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2010
TripleSRank said:
@Pullman You can still get a lot of old and obscure anime via IRC, can't you? Any fansubbing group that's still alive (and even some that are inactive, I'd think) usually keeps all of their releases available via an IRC bot, which is honestly easier than torrenting anyway.

For the rest, if this really does end up remaining permanent with BakaBT (there's still a possibility they could remain public under a different host, or that their seeding policies may change for members if they remain private) then the community will adjust slowly. Namely, older titles are likely to start getting seeded more on Nyaa or some alternative site... although for the most obscure stuff I guess even that is small hope.

I do agree that this is a pretty big hit to the community that serves no purpose. BakaBT was basically legit (or at least as legit as possible) in my eyes since, as you said, most of their stuff was old and unlicensed, and they took down anything they received copyright violation claims over.

Well, yeah if the group is still active you can get stuff via IRC, but that doesn't encompass everything by far. Bakabt had tons of pre-Tezuka stuff, batch torrents for independent animators and so much more. As for IRC being 'easier', I don't see how. I used to just google bakabt# animename and immediate knew if it was available, now I have to scour fansub groups, see whether they are still alive, find out what the right commands for the bots are and that can easily take like 20-30 minutes research just to find out whether a random obscure OVA is even available subbed/still available for download if it is.

At BEST this development means that I'll spend 10-20x as much time on locating titles than I used to (it took like 5 seconds). At worst it means certain stuff will be completely unavailable/forgotten by the public. Stuff that already barely has more than 100 viewers on MAL is just unlikely to be re-uploaded anywhere else anytime soon.
Apr 13, 2017 4:33 PM

Feb 2010
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
Pullman said:

Literally the worst day.

My internet also sucks but I've managed to build up 30 GB upload. Should you get back in, basically just download freeleech and seed that. Assuming nothing changes, you have a 25 GB buffer of things you can leech before you get warned. Just keep below specifically 25 GB download until you've amassed up to 10 GB upload. For 3 months I've UTW's Fate/Zero, Kametsu's UBW and Some-Stuffs' JoJo 2012 and 2014 to get this ratio (with a little help from some soundtracks I picked up along the way, but literally 95% of that upload is from 3 months of those 4 shows). A lot of old shows aren't gonna be freeleech due to a lack of 1080p but anything you can find in 1080p that you want, grab because it'll be freeleech. If the 25GB buffer doesn't last until you have at least 10GB of upload, I'm fairly sure they make the entire site freeleech for a few days during the winter holidays. The key thing is stay below the 25GB buffer so you don't get warned so that you can continue grabbing freeleech. Either way, they always advertised using the public tracker anonymously to leech and then seed those files with your account so I'll imagine they'll put in place a similar system for fixing ratios of newcomers (unless they expect newcomers that get into a private tracker to not fuck up their ratios).

At any rate, I believe I once heard you can download their files through IRC so that's also an option.

Side note: Does anyone know if you need permission from release group to upload their (old) stuff on Nyaa?

If 30GB upload was enough to guarantee a good ratio, I wouldn't have a problem. I have this current Vuze since last August and I have 260GB uploaded in total but over 1TB downloaded. But I upload nonstop when my computer is on. I literally can't upload more :/.

But yeah I never got into how the bakabt system works in detail. I just know that even outside of bakabt where you find a lot more torrents that need seeders I can't manage to get a decent ratio because of how much media I consume. What you described sounds tricky and I'll try and remember it for when/if I manage to get an account. Because I'll definitely try to get one if it's the only way of accessing bakabt. And if I can make it work despite my slow internet and how much I tend to download that would be ideal.
Apr 13, 2017 6:39 PM

Oct 2016
It kinda sucks to have < 1mbps of upload speed here. I failed my upload ratio also when I was a newcomer in BakaBT.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 13, 2017 10:25 PM
Dec 2014
Every time I check (which is like once every 3 years lol) the applications for AB are closed. Is it ever open, or is it pretty much invite-only?

Not that I can really maintain my ratio on two trackers.
Apr 13, 2017 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
It could be an attempt to try and curb takedown after what's happened to multiple "illegal" streaming sites
Who knows?
Apr 14, 2017 1:30 AM

Nov 2009
AholePony said:
Get used to this kinda thing. It's hard to believe because it's lasted so long, but we're still in the Wild West days of the internet. There is A LOT of $ being spent pressuring the law makers and in R&D on how to automate take-downs. You don't think The Sony/Funimation/Lantis/etc. etc. of the world don't know about nyaa? They do, and they will take them down eventually.

I don't know what form it will take, but I do know this wont last forever. Someone will pass some law and then combined with a breakthrough in quantum computing or some shit, there wont be any illegal media sites to be found. This will probably be 10+ years down the road but it will for sure happen in our lifetimes. Pirates will have to make due with the dark web or IRC more exotic p2p-type services unless they can innovate, which they haven't in quite some time.

It's a never-ending battle that will only end after copyright reforms that will finally stop copyright holders' greed. (and they are unlikely to happen without bloodshed)
Pirates surely have no lack of creativity and innovation, so I don't fear the battle getting lost any time soon.
Apr 14, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2014
Pullman said:

I'd have made an account long ago but I know that with my internet speed it is impossible for me to get a good seed/leech ratio. I basically upload all the time but still can't get more than 0.3-0.4 ratio because I also download half the time too just to keep up with my consumption. Hard to make up for it when I can only upload with ~70KB/s

Same for me. The system is understandable, but with my internet it was impossible, I actually had my qbit running almost all day, and still didn't manage to maintain the ratio, resulting in a ban.

It's a shame. A lot of older stuff is impossible to find outside bakabt.
I'm glad I at least managed to download the last Yuusha anime before this happened.
I hope this won't be permanent.
Apr 14, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2012
It's even worse when you phrase it like that Pullman.

Honestly a private tracker isn't bad as long as it's not like Avistaz were they have a max number of members. As the number of torrents keeps increasing ultimately more and more torrents stop being seeded.

What is good with Avistaz though is the bonus system, so even if you have a small connection, the time spent seeding is convertible into ratio.
Apr 14, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2015
How does it feel to have anime you want to watch and is enough know to have a fansubs and torrent? Because damn you're lucky if you have. Well haven't used BBT in long time, recently downloaded from fansub group's website. Besides this isn't anything new couple years and we have some other website taking BBT place.

Pullman said:
TripleSRank said:

Well, yeah if the group is still active you can get stuff via IRC, but that doesn't encompass everything by far. Bakabt had tons of pre-Tezuka stuff, batch torrents for independent animators and so much more. As for IRC being 'easier', I don't see how. I used to just google bakabt# animename and immediate knew if it was available, now I have to scour fansub groups, see whether they are still alive, find out what the right commands for the bots are and that can easily take like 20-30 minutes research just to find out whether a random obscure OVA is even available subbed/still available for download if it is.

At BEST this development means that I'll spend 10-20x as much time on locating titles than I used to (it took like 5 seconds). At worst it means certain stuff will be completely unavailable/forgotten by the public. Stuff that already barely has more than 100 viewers on MAL is just unlikely to be re-uploaded anywhere else anytime soon.

What pre-tezuka stuff BakaBT has that isn't also available from other website? Genuine question because I don't remember downloading any older short animations or TV animations from there (neither independent animations).
Apr 14, 2017 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
Pullman said:
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:

If 30GB upload was enough to guarantee a good ratio, I wouldn't have a problem. I have this current Vuze since last August and I have 260GB uploaded in total but over 1TB downloaded. But I upload nonstop when my computer is on. I literally can't upload more :/.

But yeah I never got into how the bakabt system works in detail. I just know that even outside of bakabt where you find a lot more torrents that need seeders I can't manage to get a decent ratio because of how much media I consume. What you described sounds tricky and I'll try and remember it for when/if I manage to get an account. Because I'll definitely try to get one if it's the only way of accessing bakabt. And if I can make it work despite my slow internet and how much I tend to download that would be ideal.

I'll break it down nicer now that I'm actually fully awake and can form coherent sentences (sorta).

In BakaBT, you can download up to 25GB absolutely free. Once you meet or exceed them, you'll be warned if you haven't kept up a decent ratio. I believe the ratio is dynamic but the floor is somewhere between 0.3 to 0.5. I for one was unwarned once I got to 0.35-ish. If you're warned, you can't leech anything with your account. They recommended downloading stuff logged off from the public tracker (ie: googling "[Whatever anime] BakaBT" since you can't look shows up with their search function if you're logged out) and then when you finish downloading it, seeding it with your account.

To do this on Vuze, you first download the .torrent file logged off from your account, download until it's done, remove it from your library (not from your computer), log in to your account and download the .torrent file for the show you leeched (since it'll use your account's torrent key rather than the anonymous torrent key), set the .torrent to download to the same path and it should open a window that says the files are the same. Hit yes, wait for the recheck to happen and leave that seeding.

Without using the public tracker trick, you can accomplish something similar by downloading freeleech torrents and seeding them. What you do is just grab the 1080p version of the show you're interested (should it exist), since all 1080p torrents are freeleech, and seed that. Whatever you leech from a freeleech file will not affect your ratio but whatever you seed from it will. The key is to avoid being warned so that you can do this. That way you have room to download anything that's not freeleech as long as the size isn't more than (however much you've uploaded) x2 [could go up to x3 but I'd try and not go beyond x2].

1080p torrents, light novels, artbooks and anything below 100 MB (don't remember exact number but that sounds about right) are freeleech to encourage their distribution. I think that they'll also make soundtracks freeleech when the moving is done to make up for the lack of a public tracker and encourage their distribution as well. In fact, the entire way the system was set up was to allow for a cycle of leeching and seeding where you leeched anonymously to allow members to seed, and in turn you'd seed those files to build up a good ratio; with the incentive for building a ratio being (aside from the e-peen) that you'd become a power user after both seeding and leeching 25GB (to encourage some leeching while logged in, as well) and power users get early access to torrents, those making you use up some of that ratio if you wanted the torrents early. It always seemed perfectly engineered to me so I can't imagine they'll let it go.

They also had a category called bonus torrents that gave 1 bonus point for every hour you were seeding them (read: just leaving them on "seeding", you'd still get bonus points even if in that hour you uploaded 0 bytes.) with a cap on 10 bonus points per hour. Bonus torrents are those with a small quantity of seeders (exact number dynamic, usually they were bonus torrents if they had 4 seeders or less). Those bonus points could later be redeemed for upload credit. I never really farmed them because torrents were just that well seeded. Usually if I seeded a bonus torrent, it'd stop being a bonus because my +1 seed drove it over the threshold.

In the end it's not about keeping a good ratio per torrent, it's about seeding as much as possible. Freeleech torrents may eat up hard drive space but they're free so you can download as much as you want from them. You don't need to seed absolutely everything, don't be afraid of deleting stuff that's just taking up too much space and that not many people are grabbing (or they are but it's so well-seeded that your participation is negligible). You will have to prioritize seeding on BakaBT over seeding on other sites. I seeded an Evangelion torrent on Nyaa only until I got to a good enough ratio rather than indefinitely due to it eating up too much of my upload data. I prioritize seeding anything on BakaBT and seeding weak torrents on Nyaa.

tl;dr - play smart, the way BakaBT used to be set up you could pretty much have you cake and eat it too. Now the eating may be slower but it'll still very much be a possibility, between the buffer you'll build up and the yearly sitewide freeleech. If you've seeded 260GB since August, you're in a good shape. People say that it'll be harder to get hit up for seeds now that the public tracker will be gone but if people can download freeleech torrents with no worries, you'll still get a lot of seeding hits on those. In fact, those will likely be the hub of activity. The biggest problem is if there's no 1080p remaster or upscale of what you want. For that, I'd check Nyaa and weigh your options. If it's worth it, use up some of that ratio. If not, wait until you have some more or wait for the sitewide freeleech. Right now although the site is down since they're moving it, the tracker is up. I prefer 720p so that it doesn't take up too much space and since my computer monitor is 768p (I can't easily tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on my TV since that's farther away from me) but I'll download 1080p for seeding and initial watching and replace that with 720p once I'm able to (if I want to, if I don't care enough to archive it I'll just delete it once I need to or if I just wanna keep it at 1080p then I'll leave it alone).

On one final note, never count out Nyaa. I've been surprised by what they've had with decent seeds and/or working DDL links. Also, XDCC bots on IRC are a really handy resource. I'm not familiar with what are the best IRC channels for downloading anime but if I remember correctly, I believe BakaBT's IRC has bots you can download from. You'd have to do some research into that, though.
Toa_of_GallifreyApr 14, 2017 5:36 PM
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Apr 14, 2017 10:00 PM

May 2010
Nooo, BakaBT was the best place to find old and obscure series in a decent quality, and I can't even log in there now, don't die on us T^T
Apr 14, 2017 10:03 PM

Feb 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
Nooo, BakaBT was the best place to find old and obscure series in a decent quality, and I can't even log in there now, don't die on us T^T

Dude, you just hit-and-run the shit out of it anyway... xD

Maybe that's why...
Apr 14, 2017 10:16 PM

May 2010
_Ako_ said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Maybe that's why...

I'm not sure what you mean by that
o_o
Apr 14, 2017 10:18 PM

Feb 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
_Ako_ said:

Maybe that's why...

I'm not sure what you mean by that
o_o

Ohhh.. nevermind then, as long as we know that BBT is ded at this moment... xD
Apr 14, 2017 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
It's a never-ending battle that will only end after copyright reforms that will finally stop copyright holders' greed. (and they are unlikely to happen without bloodshed)
Pirates surely have no lack of creativity and innovation, so I don't fear the battle getting lost any time soon.

Until such time when the internet can be fully overseen, and controlled, it's unlikely that piracy will vanish. At all. It'll flourish, perhaps, even. You know what they say, cut one head off, and two grow back.
Apr 15, 2017 10:28 PM
Apr 15, 2017 10:47 PM

Mar 2012
luckily I prioritized older anime just because of this reason
guess I'll download my entire PTW just in case
Apr 15, 2017 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
OppaiSugoi said:
xbobx said:
Anyone here with AB invites altruistic enough to share one?
I won't get your ass banned, swear to whatever god you believe in.

Bakabt fuckers pruned my account and I need to finish Ranma and Tsubasa Chronicle.
As expected nyaa doesn't seed anything older than 5yo and ru isn't helping.
Hope they drop dead.

Is AB even alive still? I think they haven't even opened their application link in years...

Yeah, that's where I get all my anime from. Unfortunately I have no invites to help you guys out.
Apr 15, 2017 11:02 PM

Feb 2010
whats BAKABT? some sort of board? (sorry don't meen to offended but iv never heard of it before.)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 16, 2017 2:05 AM

Apr 2012
hazerddex said:
whats BAKABT? some sort of board? (sorry don't meen to offended but iv never heard of it before.)

Popular anime torrent site

Apr 16, 2017 3:21 AM
Jun 2010
I actually had a good ratio at bakabt. Unfortunately I had real life obligations come up(moving across the country etc),and they had pruned my account after a couple of months. I just used the "google bakabt+show" method after that. It's going to suck not to be able to easily find old shows.
Apr 16, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
Is it offline for anyone else? I tried just now and it's not working...
Apr 17, 2017 1:30 AM

Jan 2011
OppaiSugoi said:
Is it offline for anyone else? I tried just now and it's not working...
https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/852612332324880384
Apr 17, 2017 12:07 PM

Mar 2012
Well, that sucks. RIP BakaBT.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 17, 2017 1:49 PM
Dec 2008
BakaBT updated their twitter.

Needless to say all the fear mongering that's been posted here is of course 100% incorrect.

Like always seems to be they either had a server fry out on them or the server needed to be moved and had been disconnected in the mean time. Because of the Easter holiday all work was postponed, they expect to be back up and running in the next few days... With Luck.

https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/854061578622205953
https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/854062162314231808
Apr 17, 2017 3:38 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
jjcobra said:
BakaBT updated their twitter.

Needless to say all the fear mongering that's been posted here is of course 100% incorrect.

Like always seems to be they either had a server fry out on them or the server needed to be moved and had been disconnected in the mean time. Because of the Easter holiday all work was postponed, they expect to be back up and running in the next few days... With Luck.

https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/854061578622205953
https://twitter.com/BakaBT/status/854062162314231808

I don't see anything incorrect, the posts say BBT has become private and that's the truth. There was an official announcement in their site.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.