Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2021

I've had one of these lists up before but after a while, I think I've gotten most of the sites and extensions that connect to MAL. Hope you enjoy!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll keep adding all the links I get in the forum!👍👍

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

⬇️ MAL Extensions/Sites that directly link to MyAnimeList as a whole ⬇️

⬇️ MAL Extensions/Sites that directly link to your MAL account. ⬇️

⬇️ Scripts that you can download to affect MAL. ⬇️
(You must have a code reader such as TamperMonkey)

Massive shout out to the co-creater @IridescentJaune, who had over half the links and keeps it updated.

So far my favorite extension is a total redesign of MAL by HritikMaster, if you haven't already go check it out, It's great.

A Note From the Creators: I just wanted to mention, this list took a ton of work from me and IridescentJaune, our goal is to get this as a sticky forum so if you know a mod or are a mod consider helping us out so this doesn't eventually get buried. Thank you!
Concealed_LightDec 27, 2023 12:30 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2022 2:32 AM

Feb 2013
10/10
this is something that should be passed town to every mal user
too bad it's pretty hard to market :(

also. Mal_Unapproved is for unapproved entries
i.e. whenever anyone submits a new anime through this form -> https://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=anime_series&do=add
a new entry is automatically created, which can then be approved or declined by the anime moderators or db admins
you can see the log from their side here: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=140439&show=400

and well.. this is maybe obvious:
once an entry gets approved, everyone can add it to their list
but if it gets declined, it's permanently deleted

and since there is no easy way to search for unapproved entries (relation manager is the only way to do it on this site), this site is very useful
May 13, 2022 4:13 AM

Feb 2017
This is very helpful. Thanks for compiling it all!
May 13, 2022 4:32 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
very helpful, thanks for sharing bro!!
May 13, 2022 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
Aye bro thank you‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Migi... Handle the defence.
May 13, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2019
Pretty good good stuff man. Thank you for your efforts.
May 13, 2022 4:53 AM

Feb 2020
Well, this was pretty interesting. Thanks, buddy!
May 13, 2022 4:55 AM
Aug 2021
It’s very helpful as well It’s very helpful as well
May 13, 2022 4:58 AM

Aug 2020
Thanks for making this, I'll be exploring a bunch of them right now.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

May 13, 2022 5:01 PM

Feb 2021
Thanks guys!
@romagia
@Tsarko
@kizumi91
@Notoshin
@NextUniverse
@Serafos
@EiyuuuOu
@Eziprez

I'm so glad someone got something out of it! It took a while to make but I couldn't help but share these since some of them are so cool. But hey, let me know which ones you think you're going to use. I'm interested to see the favorites of this list :)
May 13, 2022 5:17 PM
Jun 2021
Concealed_Light said:
I've had one of these lists up before but after a while, I think I've finally gotten all the sites and extensions that connect to MAL. Hope you enjoy 😁
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll keep adding all the links I get in the forum!👍👍

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

⬇️ MAL Extensions that directly link to MyAnimeList as a whole ⬇️

1. Mal Sync | Integrates MyAnimeList/AniList/Kitsu/Simkl into various sites, with auto episode tracking.
  2. Night Eye | It basically makes the site turn into dark mode. It's super cool if you like to stay up late and don't want to be blinded by the white light that MAL forces you to see.
  3. MAL Map | Basically maps out all the anime in a web-like graph allowing you to see everything It's connected to in form of recommendations. Does that even make sense? Eh whatever just click it and figure it out yourself.
  4. Anime Stats | Doesn't link with you're profile, but it does link with MAL to give you detailed fluctuations in ratings for popular anime and such. Pretty cool.
  5. Mal_Unapproved | I'm going to be honest with you, idk what the hell this is for. It has something to do with MAl is all I know.
  6. Related Anime | Allows you to enter an anime and get everything related to it, including It's source material, sequels, specials, ect.
  7. Ani Play List | Allows you to enter any anime-related song and then gives you the spotify link to it.
  8. Anime Music | Let's you enter any anime-related song and gives the MAL link to the anime It's from.
  9. Anime Themes.Moe | Let's you explore music from a specific anime, artist, year ect. It also allows for playlists as well and a way to play a completely randomized anime song which is pretty cool.
  10. Seiyuu.Moe | Let's you compare anime through voice actors and vise versa (though you can just do the 2nd one on MAl by searching for the VA's name.).
  11. Season Anime.Web | Let's you see all the best-rated anime for a season/year. (Once again yes, MAL does have this but It just looks better and has bigger pictures for the titled anime)
  12. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/currently watching.
  13. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/currently watching.
  14. Mal Streaming | Installs a script that adds anime streaming links to the next available episode to your Currently Watching page on MAL.
  15. Mal Dubs| Installs a script that labels English dubbed titles on MyAnimeList.net and adds dub only filtering to search, seasonal and top anime pages.
  16. BB Code Toolbar| Adds a shiny toolbar on top of all text areas in MyAnimeList that support BBCode. (Forums, Messages, Profile comments

⬇️ MAL Extensions that directly link to your account. ⬇️

1. Mal Heatmap | Tracks the anime you watch every day and compiles a graph.
  2. Themes.Moe | It lists all the anime you have on your list then gives link for every opening from the series all in one spot.
  3. Anime.jhiday | Pretty weird name, not sure what it means. To the point though, It's pretty similar to malbadges honestly but it does have a few extra features like listing a few "challenges" such as what was your 100th, 200th ect. anime.
  4. Anime.Plus | Links with your profile to give tons of graphs on a plethora of different topics.
  5. Mal Badges | Awards badges for milestones that you achieve by watching a certain amount of different types of anime.
  6. Anime Tier List | Marks all your anime watched in one big tier list from SS to F depending on your scores.
  7. Mal Signature | Auto generates a mal forum signature with a few statistics like how many episodes you've seen and how many days spent on anime ect.
  8. My Anime Timeline | Graphs your watched anime across the years on a timeline template.
  9. Anime Music | Let's you enter any anime-related song and gives the MAL link to the anime It's from.
  10. Anime Shorts | Lists...anime shorts? This one is a bit odd, I'm not sure if it has all anime shorts or just a few but it does link where you can watch them so that's pretty cool.
  11. Spin.Moe | Can't decide what to watch? This let's you spin from your ptw, popular, new anime, trending ect. and picks an anime for you.
  12. Seiyuu Nostalgia | Allows you to put an anime your watching now then after picking a character from it, it lists everything you've seen with that same voice actor. (mal also has that yes, but this web design is much more clear)
  13. Mal tier list | Fill and upload their spreadsheet then it will make a BB Code link for a tier list on MAL.
  14. Anime Rec Sys | It gives recommendations aparently...not sure how it works, seems sus. By that I mean it just threw a few random anime at me when I entered my anime list.
  15. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/curently watching.
  16. Series Highlighter MAL #2 | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/curently watching.
  17. Mal Streaming | Installs a script that adds anime streaming links to the next available episode to your Currently Watching page on MAL.
  18. Mal Dubs | Installs a script that which labels English dubbed titles on MyAnimeList.net and adds dub only filtering to search, seasonal and top anime pages.
  19. BB Code Toolbar | Installs a script that adds a shiny toolbar on top of all text areas in MyAnimeList that support BBCode. (Forums, Messages, Profile comments.
  20. Re-Watched Anime List Generater | Installs a script that generates a list with the Animes/Mangas titles that were re-Watched/re-read

Massive shout out to IridescentJaune, what a fucking legend who had more that half of these links.

So far my favorite extension is a total redesign of MAL by HritikMaster, if you haven't already go check it out, It's insane.

Interesting. Maybe you should recommend some of these to the admins so they can integrate them into the site proper. Some of them like Night Mode and Related Anime would be lifesavers.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 13, 2022 5:30 PM

Feb 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
Interesting. Maybe you should recommend some of these to the admins so they can integrate them into the site proper. Some of them like Night Mode and Related Anime would be lifesavers.

The total redesign of MAL by HritikMaster has a night mode so honestly, everyone should just use that 😅
Sadly enough the UI of MAL isn't the greatest so this is the best we have..
May 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Nov 2020
tachiyomi has a feature for tracking/updating manga that you're currently reading, worth a mention
i use arch btw

May 13, 2022 5:57 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, finally an actually useful thread!
May 13, 2022 5:58 PM

Feb 2021
asiank0ala said:
tachiyomi has a feature for tracking/updating manga that you're currently reading, worth a mention

Thanks for the addition! I'll add it right now :)
May 13, 2022 5:58 PM

Aug 2020
Ohh that's cool, thanks for compiling all of these, I only knew about two or three of those :)
May 13, 2022 6:05 PM

Apr 2018
Also should add animemusicquiz.com to the list.
May 13, 2022 6:56 PM

Feb 2021
Parataxicalis said:

Ooooo, this looks pretty sick. I'm not sure why it asks for your mal username but sure I'll add it 👍👍
Concealed_LightMay 13, 2022 7:01 PM
May 14, 2022 12:07 AM

Jan 2018
i think I saw a popup saying there's a mal application for mobile. any of you saying it's better than these mal extensions?
May 14, 2022 5:55 PM

Apr 2018
Concealed_Light said:
Parataxicalis said:

Ooooo, this looks pretty sick. I'm not sure why it asks for your mal username but sure I'll add it 👍👍

It asks for it because it gives you the option to generate quizzes based only on songs that were taken from your anime list (as opposed to random selections where you could in theory get random stuff you have no chance of guessing).
May 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Feb 2021
Parataxicalis said:
Concealed_Light said:

It asks for it because it gives you the option to generate quizzes based only on songs that were taken from your anime list (as opposed to random selections where you could in theory get random stuff you have no chance of guessing).

Ahhh, I see. Yeah that's really cool.
May 14, 2022 9:33 PM
Jul 2018
This is a great resource thread. Thanks!
May 14, 2022 9:57 PM

Apr 2021
There’s an app that wasn’t listed. Taiga

It’s a great app for those of us who download anime- I would explain all the useful features but you could just check out the club yourself.

When you finish watching a show or shows you can have Taiga automatically update your list to mirror the episodes you just completed
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
May 14, 2022 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
no Taiga.moe mention?

Probably the most useful app out there with MAL
May 14, 2022 11:00 PM

Apr 2022
Wow! This must have taken considerable effort to research and put together. Thanks to everybody involved for sharing. 😊👍

NekoburgerMay 14, 2022 11:03 PM
May 14, 2022 11:18 PM

Dec 2019
Hey these are pretty cool! I was originally gonna use the third one in the second list (Anime jhiday) but...

Uhh... modify my stuff? No thanks!
May 15, 2022 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
@NotTaiga7
@dadnaya

Thanks for the addition guys, just added it 👍👍
May 15, 2022 8:03 AM

Jan 2022
This seems hella useful. Might have been alot of effort to make tho

𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙒𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙥
𝘿𝙤𝙤𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙎𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙥❟ 𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙙𝙚 𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙥 𝙙𝙚
𝙒𝙤𝙤𝙥 𝘿𝙤𝙤𝙥

[center]
Jun 7, 2022 2:59 PM
Nov 2018
https://hosting.kawaiidesu.me/MyAnimeTimeline/?username=Concealed_Light&list_type=anime&display_type=box

This one is not loading for me at the moment. Does it work for anyone else?
Jun 7, 2022 6:36 PM

Feb 2021

Hmmm, yeah it's not working for me either. Maybe I screwed up the BBCode. What number link is this. I'll try and check it.
Jun 7, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
This was really cool, thanks a bunch!
Jun 7, 2022 7:13 PM

Jul 2016
Those are nice, but I prefer the old fashioned "make a giant text document with convenient links."

Some of the stuff in the document I will put in blog posts this month.
Jun 8, 2022 6:35 AM
Nov 2018
Concealed_Light said:

Hmmm, yeah it's not working for me either. Maybe I screwed up the BBCode. What number link is this. I'll try and check it.

It's the anime timeline one which is 8.
Jun 9, 2022 7:49 AM

Feb 2021
vishunleashed said:
Concealed_Light said:

It's the anime timeline one which is 8.

Yeah, I'm honestly not sure what's wrong with it. I remember using this one and it worked fine. Maybe the site is down right now? I'll keep trying and let you know if it starts working again.
Jun 10, 2022 1:09 AM

Jul 2021
This is really convenient, thanks a lot!
Jun 10, 2022 12:38 PM

Feb 2021
Barrycade said:
This is really convenient, thanks a lot!

Sure thing my guy, glad you appreciate the effort 😁
Jul 9, 2022 10:49 PM

Feb 2021
List update coming in from the legend himself @IridescentJaune once again.

Number 23 of the "MAL Extensions that directly link to your account"

If you want any additional info on it here is the source thread made by @ameo___ so if it works good make sure to send some love his way 👍
Jul 9, 2022 11:36 PM

Jun 2020
This looks interesting and gonna be useful as well, just how much effort you put into this haha, thank you so much!
Jul 10, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2021
Here's another one: https://randomanimepicker.web.app
Google Play: Random Anime / Manga Picker for MyAnimeList
MAL thread: Random Anime Picker

I noticed you made 2 identical threads:
What are all the MAL extensions?
Everything that connects to MyAnimeList.

How about consolidate everything in a club?
Jul 10, 2022 12:11 PM

Feb 2021
IridescentJaune said:
Here's another one: https://randomanimepicker.web.app
Google Play: Random Anime / Manga Picker for MyAnimeList
MAL thread: Random Anime Picker

I noticed you made 2 identical threads:
What are all the MAL extensions?
Everything that connects to MyAnimeList.

How about consolidate everything in a club?

Hmmm, I don't think I'm going to add this one. When you try to link your account to choose a random anime on your list it doesn't load in....unless it's just me. We have Spin.Moe (number 11) which does the same thing so I'll just keep that one.

As far as the two lists, we'll one got moved to general and let's be honest, not many people go there so I figured I'd repost it and change the title so it's not a question. I found this list really cool so I wanted the most amount of people to check it out.

Hmmm, I've never made a club. How does it work?
Jul 10, 2022 12:20 PM

Oct 2020
this is really useful! Thanks for making this :))!
Jul 12, 2022 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
Does anyone know of a site that can compare two anime? Like you would put two anime in and it would show you what the both had in common such as voice actors, directors, studios ect.

@IridescentJaune Have you ever heard of one like this?
Jul 12, 2022 10:31 AM

Aug 2020
Thank you so much for this. A lot of cool features.
Jul 12, 2022 10:35 AM

Feb 2021

It's up and working again my guy 👍👌
Jul 12, 2022 10:46 AM

Jun 2021
Concealed_Light said:
Does anyone know of a site that can compare two anime? Like you would put two anime in and it would show you what the both had in common such as voice actors, directors, studios ect.

@IridescentJaune Have you ever heard of one like this?

I have yet to encounter a site like that.

Maybe you can find something similar to that in these threads:
My Tampermonkey Scripts - Useful scripts by hacker09
Tampermonkey Scripts for MAL and this club - Prepare some popcorn before reading the thread.

I haven't tried any of those scripts but you might find something useful. Or you could ask hacker09 if he has any scripts similar to what you're looking for.
Jul 12, 2022 10:48 AM

Mar 2021
thanks

(30 character count now what can i do about that)

Jul 22, 2022 4:37 PM

Jun 2021
Does anyone happen to know an extension, script, app or site that can export or convert MAL to Notion or Obsidian (or xml to markdown)? I've been recreating my list slowly in Notion because I can add links, images, videos, blog entries, etc. there more freely. Yes, I can just use the 'More' feature or MAL's blog like what I've already been doing but I figured that I'd want to utilize Notion for those instead (since it's a lot easier to transfer files made with markdown than files made with BBCode from one app to another and less risk of having the system consider me as spamming here hence less prone to bans). It'll be a lot faster and less tedious if there is something like that.
Jul 23, 2022 10:06 AM
Dec 2017
now thats one hell of a list thanks a bunch for sharing.

Jul 24, 2022 5:09 PM

Jun 2021
Here's another one for those who are looking for more recommendations:
https://anibrain.ai
Jul 24, 2022 5:13 PM
Feb 2019
Don't have the time right now, so leaving a reply so I can find it tomorrow. This looks interesting, so I have to see what would be practical and not.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

45 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

15 by MogKnight »»
9 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

24 by Lawgun »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

6 by LightWorker »»
22 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

19 by DigiCat »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.