Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 2, 2022 2:08 AM

Feb 2021
I've seen a few MAL extensions that are pretty sick in my time here but I'm curious if there are some that I'm missing. Are these all or are there more?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll keep adding all the links I get in the forum!👍👍

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

⬇️ MAL Extensions that directly link to MyAnimeList as a whole ⬇️

1. Mal Sync | Integrates MyAnimeList/AniList/Kitsu/Simkl into various sites, with auto episode tracking.
  2. Night Eye | It basically makes the site turn into dark mode. It's super cool if you like to stay up late and don't want to be blinded by the white light that MAL forces you to see.
  3. MAL Map | Basically maps out all the anime in a web-like graph allowing you to see everything It's connected to in form of recommendations. Does that even make sense? Eh whatever just click it and figure it out yourself.
  4. Anime Stats | Doesn't link with you're profile, but it does link with MAL to give you detailed fluctuations in ratings for popular anime and such. Pretty cool.
  5. Mal_Unapproved | I'm going to be honest with you, idk what the hell this is for. It has something to do with MAl is all I know.
  6. Related Anime | Allows you to enter an anime and get everything related to it, including It's source material, sequels, specials, ect.
  7. Ani Play List | Allows you to enter any anime-related song and then gives you the spotify link to it.
  8. Anime Music | Let's you enter any anime-related song and gives the MAL link to the anime It's from.
  9. Anime Themes.Moe | Let's you explore music from a specific anime, artist, year ect. It also allows for playlists as well and a way to play a completely randomized anime song which is pretty cool.
  10. Seiyuu.Moe | Let's you compare anime through voice actors and vise versa (though you can just do the 2nd one on MAl by searching for the VA's name.).
  11. Season Anime.Web | Let's you see all the best-rated anime for a season/year. (Once again yes, MAL does have this but It just looks better and has bigger pictures for the titled anime)
  12. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/currently watching.
  13. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/currently watching.
  14. Mal Streaming | Installs a script that adds anime streaming links to the next available episode to your Currently Watching page on MAL.
  15. Mal Dubs| Installs a script that labels English dubbed titles on MyAnimeList.net and adds dub only filtering to search, seasonal and top anime pages.
  16. BB Code Toolbar| Adds a shiny toolbar on top of all text areas in MyAnimeList that support BBCode. (Forums, Messages, Profile comments

⬇️ MAL Extensions that directly link to your account. ⬇️

1. Mal Heatmap | Tracks the anime you watch every day and compiles a graph.
  2. Themes.Moe | It lists all the anime you have on your list then gives link for every opening from the series all in one spot.
  3. Anime.jhiday | Pretty weird name, not sure what it means. To the point though, It's pretty similar to malbadges honestly but it does have a few extra features like listing a few "challenges" such as what was your 100th, 200th ect. anime.
  4. Anime.Plus | Links with your profile to give tons of graphs on a plethora of different topics.
  5. Mal Badges | Awards badges for milestones that you achieve by watching a certain amount of different types of anime.
  6. Anime Tier List | Marks all your anime watched in one big tier list from SS to F depending on your scores.
  7. Mal Signature | Auto generates a mal forum signature with a few statistics like how many episodes you've seen and how many days spent on anime ect.
  8. My Anime Timeline | Graphs your watched anime across the years on a timeline template.
  9. Anime Music | Let's you enter any anime-related song and gives the MAL link to the anime It's from.
  10. Anime Shorts | Lists...anime shorts? This one is a bit odd, I'm not sure if it has all anime shorts or just a few but it does link where you can watch them so that's pretty cool.
  11. Spin.Moe | Can't decide what to watch? This let's you spin from your ptw, popular, new anime, trending ect. and picks an anime for you.
  12. Seiyuu Nostalgia | Allows you to put an anime your watching now then after picking a character from it, it lists everything you've seen with that same voice actor. (mal also has that yes, but this web design is much more clear)
  13. Mal tier list | Fill and upload their spreadsheet then it will make a BB Code link for a tier list on MAL.
  14. Anime Rec Sys | It gives recommendations aparently...not sure how it works, seems sus. By that I mean it just threw a few random anime at me when I entered my anime list.
  15. Series Highlighter MAL | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/curently watching.
  16. Series Highlighter MAL #2 | Installs a script that highlights anime for your corresponding to dropped/completed/ptw/curently watching.
  17. Mal Streaming | Installs a script that adds anime streaming links to the next available episode to your Currently Watching page on MAL.
  18. Mal Dubs | Installs a script that which labels English dubbed titles on MyAnimeList.net and adds dub only filtering to search, seasonal and top anime pages.
  19. BB Code Toolbar | Installs a script that adds a shiny toolbar on top of all text areas in MyAnimeList that support BBCode. (Forums, Messages, Profile comments.
  20. Re-Watched Anime List Generater | Installs a script that generates a list with the Animes/Mangas titles that were re-Watched/re-read

Massive shout out to @IridescentJaune, what a fucking legend who had more that half of these links.

So far my favorite extension is a total redesign of MAL by @HritikMaster, if you haven't already go check it out, It's insane.

Concealed_LightApr 20, 2022 10:52 AM
Feb 2, 2022 2:30 AM

Feb 2020
Other than what u said
Mal heatmap
TamperMonkey scripts
Anime stats
Auto update extension like taiga or syc
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 2, 2022 2:32 AM

Jan 2021
There’s also MAL Heatmap, which is very cool since it logs literally everything you watch/read on that day, as long as you’ve started to use that extension

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Feb 2, 2022 2:36 AM

Feb 2021
Adampk said:
Other than what u said
Mal heatmap
TamperMonkey scripts
Anime stats

Hmmm I found Mal Heatmap. Can't find the "anime stats" one and what do you do with TamperMonkey Scripts?
Feb 2, 2022 2:37 AM

Sep 2020
Damn this forum post might be helpful, for now i only know about mal graphs ie anime plus
Feb 2, 2022 2:37 AM

Aug 2020
Concealed_Light said:
Adampk said:
Other than what u said
Mal heatmap
TamperMonkey scripts
Anime stats

Hmmm I found Mal Heatmap. Can't find the "anime stats" one and what do you do with TamperMonkey Scripts?
loads of things, I have one for showing more then 50 shows at a time on the highest ranking section of mal, or an extension for showing affinity to others.

link to the list of em: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1849731

Another one is malsync

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Feb 2, 2022 2:41 AM

Feb 2020
Concealed_Light said:
Adampk said:
Other than what u said
Mal heatmap
TamperMonkey scripts
Anime stats

https://anime-stats.net/

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1849731
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1897511
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 2, 2022 2:44 AM

Feb 2020
I only have Anime.Plus. I don't really need anything else.
Feb 2, 2022 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
These are really cool. I've used anime.plus before, but never the other ones. The tier list is superb.
Feb 2, 2022 9:31 PM

Feb 2021
Gundam_Sage said:
These are really cool. I've used anime.plus before, but never the other ones. The tier list is superb.

I know right? I just found that one yesterday, It's pretty sick.
Feb 2, 2022 9:42 PM

Jun 2008
Shame I spent time actually making one of my own when a computer program could've done it for me all this time.
Feb 2, 2022 10:00 PM

Jan 2020
https://themes.moe/ is pretty cool.

A place where you can watch all the openings/endings for everything on your list

Feb 2, 2022 10:50 PM

Feb 2021
ManWild said:
https://themes.moe/ is pretty cool.

A place where you can watch all the openings/endings for everything on your list

Yoooooo, that's actually so awesome. Thanks man!
Feb 3, 2022 1:04 AM

Jun 2007
For some reason Anime Tier List only shows titles I'm currently watching, not titles I've finished. Doesn't seem that useful.

There are two different "map" extensions out there that create constellation-like visuals based on MAL recommendations. Based on the site as a whole, not individual profiles.

https://igfod13.github.io/MALmap/#

https://www.malmap.net/#

I prefer the first of these, as it connects basically all anime (or at least all with at least 3 different recommended titles in the database) and feels more detailed. You can also filter the colored dots by "groups." And just because I've wanted to go through and list them for awhile, this is how I'd characterize the themes of those groups:

Feb 3, 2022 4:34 AM

Apr 2019
https://anime.jhiday.net/hof/user/inim#statistics links MAL challenges with your list.

Feb 3, 2022 6:14 AM

Feb 2021
Zalis said:
For some reason Anime Tier List only shows titles I'm currently watching, not titles I've finished. Doesn't seem that useful.

Wait really? https://animetierlist.herokuapp.com/mal/Concealed_Light this link only show's finished anime for me.
Feb 3, 2022 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
I would be unable to use MAL without some of the tampermonkey user scripts that fix the modern design changes I hate and make it look and handle like before.

Aside from that I really only use anime-graph for stats and looking up my history and all that fun stuff.

I know about the thing with the badges, but since the toplist there is filled with fake accounts last time I checked and noone seems to care to fix that, there is no point in caring or looking it up regularly. The bot accounts will always fill the top 50 and that's just no fun even if I like the underlying idea of the badges.

I'm pretty sure the Tiermaker thing would just crash if I tried to import my list so I'm not gonna even try.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 3, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2021
Never knew about these extensions and stuff. Thanks for making this thread.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 3, 2022 6:36 AM

Feb 2021
Alcoholicide said:
I would be unable to use MAL without some of the tampermonkey user scripts that fix the modern design changes I hate and make it look and handle like before.

Aside from that I really only use anime-graph for stats and looking up my history and all that fun stuff.

I know about the thing with the badges, but since the toplist there is filled with fake accounts last time I checked and noone seems to care to fix that, there is no point in caring or looking it up regularly. The bot accounts will always fill the top 50 and that's just no fun even if I like the underlying idea of the badges.

I'm pretty sure the Tiermaker thing would just crash if I tried to import my list so I'm not gonna even try.

Hahaha, you're right. It did crash. You're to powerful. And yeah I get you with the badges one though I just used it for a bit to see just random facts about my list, such as how many of each genre I've seen and such. Pretty interesting just to pass time for a bit.

TsutanaiFuun said:

I gotchu fam, thanks for blessing me with your signature.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Zach-chanMar 27, 2022 3:16 PM
Feb 3, 2022 6:45 AM

Jul 2021
Concealed_Light said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

thanks for blessing me with your signature.
Haha xD..

I'm glad you liked it.....

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 3, 2022 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
Concealed_Light said:
Alcoholicide said:

Hahaha, you're right. It did crash. You're to powerful. And yeah I get you with the badges one though I just used it for a bit to see just random facts about my list, such as how many of each genre I've seen and such. Pretty interesting just to pass time for a bit.

I see, although I just use anime.graph for that. The favorites and history tabs there basically cover almost all the statistics I could want, including separating shows by genre (and even including the average scores for each genre, weighted and unweighted).
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 3, 2022 8:36 AM

Jul 2019
It seems to me just extra data to keep track off. It’s cool if you’re really nerdy about it tho.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Feb 3, 2022 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
Concealed_Light said:
Zalis said:

Wait really? https://animetierlist.herokuapp.com/mal/Concealed_Light this link only show's finished anime for me.

The same happens to me

https://animetierlist.herokuapp.com/mal/Talgikiwi

I was super hype for this one but it's just not it...
Mar 25, 2022 1:08 PM

Feb 2021
Reviving this thread since I just updated it.
Mar 25, 2022 1:29 PM

Apr 2018
I'mma just set this Ward reply here so I can come back later and check some of these out at my leisure; they seem pretty cool.

I appreciate you making this useful thread, OP.
Mar 25, 2022 1:39 PM

Jul 2021
I've only heard and used mal-sync before. This thread will be really useful and is really informative. Thanks ^-^
Mar 25, 2022 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Thank you. Thank you so much. I didn't know I needed this until I saw it.
Mar 27, 2022 9:24 AM

Feb 2021
No problem @MedeaIsBae, @SadKA03, @Stygian_Prisoner, glad you found it helpful! I might try and open the thread up every so often because it seems someone new always appreciated it. I'm also curious if there are even more than this, surely not right? I mean this is wayyy more than I anticipated in the beginning and some of these are pretty awesome.

Not sure if that is allowed though. The re-opening of your own thread I mean. 🤔
Mar 27, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
eli_shmeli said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1879949

This link will take you to a forum where you can get MAL Redesign , which is an extension on chrome and Firefox that makes the whole website look different

Yooo, I'm mind blown. this is amazing! Thanks for sharing this!
Mar 27, 2022 11:40 AM
Oct 2017
@Concealed_Light

Soo glad to see community's positive response to Myanimelist Redesign. The extension even helped me land a job recently, which is why I haven't been able to release any new updates. But I do have plans to work on some big features like user customized theme and popup view for messages and forum replies. Hopefully i will be able to work on the next version soon. 

Thank You for your appreciation. 
Mar 27, 2022 3:14 PM
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jul 2020
Thread moved to Casual Discussion board.

anime list -~~- manga list
Mar 29, 2022 3:36 PM

Jul 2016
You legend these are great~

I changed mal to dark mode a while ago hoping these will give a full makeover hehe.
Mar 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Aug 2009
Here's one that saves me hundreds of brain cells:

Unlimited MAL Ignore List.

Mar 30, 2022 1:04 AM

Feb 2021
Colonel_Angus said:

Huh, do people actually use the ignore list? I feel like it would take just as much effort to see the name and glance over it. Idk, maybe I haven't used the forum long enough.
Mar 30, 2022 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
Concealed_Light said:
Colonel_Angus said:

Huh, do people actually use the ignore list? I feel like it would take just as much effort to see the name and glance over it. Idk, maybe I haven't used the forum long enough.

I used to be a sweet summer child towards blocking people as well, like,"Only pussies block people" or some shit like that. But after seeing Crow_Black going full Kanye on multiple occasions, incels, and imdoneone, I just fucking can't with certain people any more. The "bruh moments" have legit turned into "What the fuck is wrong with you?" moments, on a daily basis, and this is from someone who fucked around with 4chan-like communities back in the day.

So, unlike the vanilla ignore feature which just turns their posts into a drop-downs, this script completely hides their posts and their threads. And I gotta say, I've been in a much better mood with this site ever since using the script last year.

Mar 30, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2021
Colonel_Angus said:
Concealed_Light said:

I used to be a sweet summer child towards blocking people as well, like,"Only pussies block people" or some shit like that. But after seeing Crow_Black going full Kanye on multiple occasions, incels, and imdoneone, I just fucking can't with certain people any more. The "bruh moments" have legit turned into "What the fuck is wrong with you?" moments, on a daily basis, and this is from someone who fucked around with 4chan-like communities back in the day.

So, unlike the vanilla ignore feature which just turns their posts into a drop-downs, this script completely hides their posts and their threads. And I gotta say, I've been in a much better mood with this site ever since using the script last year.

Ok yeah that's actually pretty understandable, I'll add it to the forum list.
Apr 20, 2022 10:53 AM

Feb 2021
Just updated the list, make sure to check them out!
Jul 9, 2022 11:10 AM

Jun 2021
Apr 15, 6:07 PM
Mar 2016
Very good post.

Thank you very much.
Apr 15, 6:10 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to pipemanuel
Very good post.

Thank you very much.
@pipemanuel Of course! Glad people are still finding some use in it!

More topics from this board

» Hottest non Hollywood actor on YouTube?

scarydragon - 4 hours ago

3 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

50 by DesuMaiden »»
3 hours ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

28 by elgatosaika »»
3 hours ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 26

10 by MalchikRepaid »»
3 hours ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - 3 hours ago

6 by elgatosaika »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.