Forum Settings
Forums

Sep 25, 2020 4:03 PM

The endless search is an okay work around if you open an anime page or add/edit in a new tab. The problem is opening that titles page and going back loses position. Also using the add/edit button goes to a separate window instead of an overlay like it normally behaves, and again, having to go back loses position. It's rather annoying to navigate.

Sep 26, 2020 9:27 AM

@Vorgier
Please give me the link that you are talking about, so I can try to fix it.

By "going back loses position". Do you mean that the "■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■Page 2 ⬇️■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■" 3/4 and so on disappears?
Modified by hacker09, Sep 26, 2020 4:45 PM

Sep 27, 2020 10:17 PM

Messed around and noticed that if you're on the first page of results and click edit/add, the button works normally. The editing window overlays over the result page and saving it closes it and returns.

Once you've scrolled to page two (where the script takes effect) and beyond is when the button opens a new page. It's still the same outgoing to link to opening MALs edit pop up window but it's forwarding it to a new page. Ex: https://myanimelist.net/ownlist/anime/add?selected_series_id=31687&hideLayout=1

As for the losing position yes. Regardless of what page you're on, 3, 10, 25, it always goes back to the start of page 2.
Modified by Vorgier, Sep 27, 2020 10:20 PM

Sep 28, 2020 8:04 AM

@Vorgier

Thanks for your reply.

I checked what you said "going back loses position", I tried switching between tabs and scroll to the page top to check what you said, but I didn't lose the position doing these things.
But you are correct, with the actual version of the script if you click on the add anime button, the page will load something like this https://myanimelist.net/ownlist/anime/add?selected_series_id=31687&hideLayout=1 ,if you go back to the anime search page, the page will just show the first page and will "unload" the pages that the script loaded.
Yeah that should be fixed somehow, I will try to fix it. Thanks for the bug report.

I agree with you, the script opening the link edit/add website in "full screen" on pages like this one for example https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=hen&cat=anime is annoying, but at least the script works and is fixing the actual MALBug/MALFunction. Without the script you wouldn't even be able to see the next page, unless you manually change the url, which takes much more time than if you used the script. Plus, the script loads the next page faster than if you manually click on the "next page" button or change the url.

Thank you so much for your feedback again.

I will try to make the script better for you and others if I can.
Sorry for the big text

*Update
I've just updated the script, please install the latest version and try it.
Check the changelog here
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/409957-endless-mal-search-pages/versions
Modified by hacker09, Sep 28, 2020 1:48 PM

Sep 28, 2020 9:09 PM

hacker09 said:
@Vorgier

Thanks for your reply.

I checked what you said "going back loses position", I tried switching between tabs and scroll to the page top to check what you said, but I didn't lose the position doing these things.
But you are correct, with the actual version of the script if you click on the add anime button, the page will load something like this https://myanimelist.net/ownlist/anime/add?selected_series_id=31687&hideLayout=1 ,if you go back to the anime search page, the page will just show the first page and will "unload" the pages that the script loaded.
Yeah that should be fixed somehow, I will try to fix it. Thanks for the bug report.

I agree with you, the script opening the link edit/add website in "full screen" on pages like this one for example https://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=hen&cat=anime is annoying, but at least the script works and is fixing the actual MALBug/MALFunction. Without the script you wouldn't even be able to see the next page, unless you manually change the url, which takes much more time than if you used the script. Plus, the script loads the next page faster than if you manually click on the "next page" button or change the url.

Thank you so much for your feedback again.

I will try to make the script better for you and others if I can.
Sorry for the big text

*Update
I've just updated the script, please install the latest version and try it.
Check the changelog here
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/409957-endless-mal-search-pages/versions

I should have been more clear. When I say go back I mean using the back button on the browse. So if I was on page 5 and something caught my eye, clicked on the series to go to its info page, then when you go back to the results page page to continue scrolling, it's now back at the start of page 2. The way to get around this is to open the series page in a new tab.

Appreciate the work though. Kind of disappointing that it's still not fixed yet someone can make a script to get partway there.

Sep 29, 2020 6:48 AM

@Vorgier

I already understood that you are talking about "the back button on the browser", but thanks for the explanation.
I thought that you specifically wanted to open only the add/edit in a way that wouldn't lose the loaded pages.

I was also thinking about what you said, I'm thinking on changing the default MAL behavior when someone clicks on the anime/manga title.
I can also force them to be opened by default on a new tab, so you wouldn't lose the already loaded pages.
I will do that for you.

Just to confirm again what you want

When you click on any of the things that I highlighted in green you want them to be opened in a new tab right?
Modified by hacker09, Oct 26, 2020 1:07 PM

Oct 28, 2020 7:09 PM

@Vorgier

Please confirm what you want with the image I previously added here, so I can make the modifications.

Also Instead of making the add button open on a new tab, I can try to simulate the default MAL action, (MAL "Opens the add button on the middle of the screen")

Do you prefer the "add" button to open on a new tab, or do you want me to do what I did on this image https://i.paste.pics/28d1db13b6a3590b5fac66d2244af298.png ?
Modified by hacker09, Dec 7, 2020 8:14 AM

Nov 21, 2020 7:46 AM

@hacker09 I'm guessing you can use all of these simultaneously, right?

Nov 21, 2020 8:11 AM

@hacker09 I've only tried for a while but they seem to be all working phenomenally. Thanks, these are great.

Dec 13, 2020 12:45 PM

Kanedgy_ said:
@hacker09 I've only tried for a while but they seem to be all working phenomenally. Thanks, these are great.

You are welcome, thanks for the feedback.

@Vorgier
It's been a while ago that I updated the script behavior when using/clicking on the add/edit button, you can choose what the script will do, the script can go to a separate window, or you can have the script open an overlay like it normally behaves
By default the script open an overlay like it normally behaves

Dec 25, 2020 8:16 AM

@hacker09 you're DA MAN really, thanks for all these user-installable scripts!

You're as close to being the unofficial MAL main dev. Will try those that are useful to me, but really, keep on doing these, there's always something new everyday.

Jan 20, 3:43 PM

KANLen09 said:
@hacker09 you're DA MAN really, thanks for all these user-installable scripts!

You're as close to being the unofficial MAL main dev. Will try those that are useful to me, but really, keep on doing these, there's always something new everyday.

Sorry for the late reply...

haha thanks.

You are welcome, I will surely keep making and updating them.

Jan 20, 9:59 PM

@hacker09 thank you so much for all your scripts! Do you take script requests lol? There was an old script I really liked that used to work on here that doesn't anymore. It was a script that basically created a dropdown tag cloud list for tags you created in your custom anime list. So you could filter out tags in just one place without having to scroll down your list to try and find what tag to filter, making it much easier to filter out tags from your list.

I found the old code and was wondering if or how to get it working again. Or if it can even work again...If you don't mind taking a look at it that is.

Modified by Seven, Jan 20, 10:44 PM