Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2015 12:22 PM

May 2011
Lollo36 said:
Cirris said:
I mean seriously any anti-shipper has to agree that you can't fault the ReinaxKumiko shippers for believing in the SS Yuri after that scene.

I was totally
during that one scene.

But you have to put that scene into the proper context, aka it's just bait by a shitty and cowardly studio and I've been convinced that the confession Kumiko mentions is, metaphorically speaking, Reina's audition = confession to the teacher.
It makes no sense in the context of this episode, which pointed to a gay confession in every way possible, but it's still the truth.

You can't get 2 Yurikumas in a row.

Too late. I'm a total sucker. I mean I'm well aware that it's bait. But it's still fun to dream. I've got an active enough imagination where i could take any scene and make it my own :D
Jun 16, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Their is really people thinking seriously that "confession of love" sentence was anything yuri apparently.. she talked about Kousaka doing her best playing as her "confession" to Taki sensei, I thought it was quite obvious.
Jun 16, 2015 12:28 PM

Nov 2013
Cirris said:
Too late. I'm a total sucker. I mean I'm well aware that it's bait. But it's still fun to dream. I've got an active enough imagination where i could take any scene and make it my own :D

This time, it takes an active imagination in order NOT to see the explicit gay vibe. It's not the fans' fault, it's Kyoani's. But we have to be realistic and expect the worst.

Ziassan said:
Their is really people thinking that "confession of love" sentence was anything yuri apparently.. she talked about Kousaka doing her best playing as her "confession" to Taki sensei, I thought it was quite obvious. KyoAni didn't cross any "line" about that in this ep.

Indeed. We've been trolled.
Jun 16, 2015 12:29 PM

May 2014
Come on this episode .... smells like yuri-ish! Its smell so much that I can't tell anymore if KyoAni's trolling or if they'll actually go with this ship!
Nice episode though, the audition part made me shed some tears.

Cirris said:
Lollo36 said:

But you have to put that scene into the proper context, aka it's just bait by a shitty and cowardly studio and I've been convinced that the confession Kumiko mentions is, metaphorically speaking, Reina's audition = confession to the teacher.
It makes no sense in the context of this episode, which pointed to a gay confession in every way possible, but it's still the truth.

You can't get 2 Yurikumas in a row.

It's totally me .... I didn't even thought of that metaphor (Reina's audition = confession to the teacher).
The Yuri was so present that I could just ship hard Kumiko x Reina.
Seriously KyoAni you're playing too much with my poor heart ><
Jun 16, 2015 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
Great build up and character interactions throughout this episode. This show is just so good in controlling its tone and pacing. Kousaka totally rekt Kaori in the audition but everyone was too afraid to admit it, very frustrating yet realistic. As expected, Kaori accepts her loss because of how good of a person she is.

I was half-expecting a kiss between Kousaka and Kumiko. Seriously, just do it already damn it.

One of my favorite episodes yet.
Jun 16, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
no... i refuse to believe these comments that say kousaka x kumiko won't happen. ya, kousaka did say that she likes the band director... but what about that red string of fate that ties kousaka x kumiko in the ending song?

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 16, 2015 12:43 PM
Jun 2015
Wow, another dramatic episode. I would really like an episode about Asuka and about Natsuki and Yuko but I guess it would not happen anymore. Poor Shuuichi (gehh) music can't really lie. Im glad we knew why Yuko did what she did, Its really sad those things that happened to Kaori before and now that it's her last year she wouldn't have a chance to play solo but she still accepted it :3

What now? they both confess their love for each other....If that is still a bait, it would hurt so badly for Kumirei shippers T^T I wish KyoAni knows that! It's too late to back down..maybe..
Jun 16, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2015
KyoAni should stop trolling us with yuri confessions
Jun 16, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
LOL WTF is most of the group deff. IT was obvious KOusaka was much better and yet they didnt stand for her. And that crying scene from the ribbon girl was not heartfelt at all since it was plainly obvious who was better. Respect for kaori though who had enough humility to know kousaka was better but FUCKIN SERIOUSLY, THIS CLUB IS FILLED WITH JELOUS PEOPLE WHO WONT ACCEPT SOMEONE YOUNGER BEING BETTER THAN THEM
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 16, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
In this episode, the cunt Yuuko got more hate from me.
Such a selfish request for her sempai to win...what a cunt.
The result is to be expect that Reina will get the solo part.
Cry all you want cunt Yuuko, you and your sempai are the most hated in this series.
Watching this episode make me so mad...just want to punch that damn Yuuko in the throat.
Now, lets gets away from all the hating stuff...those yuri moment haha
Jun 16, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
Stark700 said:

I think both competitors did well. Go Reina :3 Interesting to see Kaori decline the offer to play solo though.

I'm loving the yuri tease throughout the series

Also, that ribbon girl is annoying as fuck

Jun 16, 2015 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
Ribbon girl is so damn annoying...

That Yuri part though.... :D
Jun 16, 2015 1:09 PM

May 2015
dat yuri <3
rest is terrible
Jun 16, 2015 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
Maerow said:
Ribbon's tears are delicious.

Indeed, they are. Good thing Kousaka ended up with the solo part in the end :)

HOLY CRAP!!!! YURI BAIT!!!!! :D
Jun 16, 2015 1:16 PM

Feb 2014
Damn it KyoAni...such strong yuri bait between Kumiko & Kousaka, making me think for one second that they were going to kiss. If this pairing doesn't become canon, then we've been trolled hard. >_<

The audition part was beautifully done, with a clear difference between Kousaka & Kaori's solo performances. In the end, Kousaka was the right person to go through, although that was too much for Yuko to take and breaks down in tears, which won't do much to win any sympathy from other posters, including myself, to be honest. =/

With the solo face-off done, let's hope the main performance goes off without any problems! =D
Jun 16, 2015 1:24 PM

Sep 2009
She accused Taki-sensei for being biased but who's biased now? What a hypocrite.
Jun 16, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2007
AA+ queerbaiting as always Kyoani *golf clap*

i am so annoyed with Yuko i felt like throwing up when she started bawling aloud because that's how much it disgusted me:/ I hope we won't see her for the two last episodes...
Jun 16, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2014
GG izi Kousaka
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2013
I really hope they kiss
eventually
Jun 16, 2015 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
Yuri bait to the max and salty girl is crying. This was a good episode haha- I'm a terrible person...
Jun 16, 2015 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
We're slow getting hints of Kumiko slowly being aware of Shuichi.

1. At the start, she is obviously concern of Shuichi's performance.
2. When Hazuki mentioned "trumpet group", Kumiko paused for second there, pretty sure she was expecting to see him with them.
3. By the river, oh, those eyes of Kumiko. She'll strive better like Shuichi. Inspired?

Usagi-chan, that is not nice, if she have full confidence with her senpai's skill, she don't have to do that. She made it look like she accepted the fact that Reina is better and will likely pass the audition. That'll be insulting for Kaori.

Oh, so this is the famous yuri? *claps at Kyoani
Everything Kumiko said is expected coming from a friend. I will be sad if my friend will lost in something especially if I know how hard he/she practiced to get that part. Thank you for exaggerating it... LOL Oh, Kumiko even "returned back" the joke Reina did at the hill.

Now the audition, I pretty sure the audition was not only to let every one decide who should play the part but also to have the opposing party assess the skills of the other. At this scene, Kaori, accepted the fact that Reina is better than her. Popularity and seniority or even passion is the deciding factor, it was the skill.

Now, Reina, it's one step away from being special in sensei's eyes!!!!
#CHEXIT
Jun 16, 2015 1:54 PM

Dec 2011
Finally we're done with that ribbon girl. KyoAni is truly trolling the ships!

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Jun 16, 2015 2:05 PM

Nov 2007
Imeon said:

2. When Hazuki mentioned "trumpet group", Kumiko paused for second there, pretty sure she was expecting to see him with them.

nice try but Shuichi plays trombone...and also if Kumiko was thinking about Shuichi,why would they talk about Reina and about inviting Reina and why Kumiko actually went to invite her to eat with them?

someone is delulu but it ain't the majority of people here,lol

sadly,the icky unremarkable het will be the canon because it's Kyoani.
Jun 16, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
ooo333 said:
Imeon said:
We're slow getting hints of Kumiko slowly being aware of Shuichi.

1. At the start, she is obviously concern of Shuichi's performance.
3. By the river, oh, those eyes of Kumiko. She'll strive better like Shuichi. Inspired?

I can feel they are. Those moments aren't there for nothing.

Black_wind said:
Imeon said:

nice try but Shuichi plays trombone...and also if Kumiko was thinking about Shuichi,why would they talk about Reina and about inviting Reina and why Kumiko actually went to invite her to eat with them?

someone is delulu but it ain't the majority of people here,

sadly,the icky unremarkable het will be the canon because it's Kyoani.

Ok, I'm wrong there. But with 171 vs 170, you're totally not the majority. Being too loud ain't making you the majority.
RPSB9Jun 16, 2015 2:10 PM
#CHEXIT
Jun 16, 2015 2:10 PM

May 2013
Ziassan said:
Their is really people thinking seriously that "confession of love" sentence was anything yuri apparently.. she talked about Kousaka doing her best playing as her "confession" to Taki sensei, I thought it was quite obvious.

Shoot. Thank you, i didn't noticed that because the scene overpowered the dialogue, for me.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Shuichi getting scolded in the beginning was satisfying. Dude was probably thinking about Kumiko all day/night and didn't concentrate enough on his musical parts.

I like how Asuka always stays neutral and steers away from potential drama. Such a shame she hasn't been getting enough screentime, Still best girl though, no matter what others might say.

Yuko asking Reina to give up on playing the solo parts and getting rejected was hilarious! Dem salty tears when her beloved Kaori-senpai admitted defeat were also delicious. Get REKT, bitch!

ReiMiko ship is sailing at full speed! Too bad, it's all just high quality Yuribait. Why you do this, KyoAni? >.<

Good episode. A bit surprised how many people held back from voting, which made Taki-sensei ask Kaori for the decision.

Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The thing is that if they do Kumiko x Shuichi

then it's been handled very badly. They invested so much into their yuri baiting that Kumiko x Shuichi comes off as more and more unrealistic and forced. At least, make Kumiko blush when she's thinking about Shuichi, KyoAni doesn't even try with those two.
Jun 16, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2015
^ ..if they rush things up... personally I don't like that either. Let's pray for more seasons..

....so we can unleash the 7th fleet
RPSB9Jun 16, 2015 2:19 PM
#CHEXIT
Jun 16, 2015 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
Ziassan said:

Uuuuh? Wasn't that another payback like the one in ep.6 "That seems like something you'd say", I'm sure it's like that, and not about the Taki thing.

Why can't you all admit that their relantionship is awesome? It's useless, no one can ruin this moment.

But, I'm the only one who likes Yuuko?
Jun 16, 2015 2:18 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Imeon said:
.^ ..if they rush things up... personally I don't like that either. Let's pray for more seasons..

If good sales, i can see them easily make a 2nd season.
Jun 16, 2015 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
Imeon said:

She was hoping to see Reina, not Shuuichi, even Hazuki and Midori got that and asked her if she wanted to eat lunch with Reina.
Jun 16, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode, I need to hear their auditions side by side. Confusing love confession, not sure if it could be real.
Jun 16, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Smudy said:
Imeon said:
.^ ..if they rush things up... personally I don't like that either. Let's pray for more seasons..

If good sales, i can see them easily make a 2nd season.

... yeah, if it not, novel is the ending.

RediceRyan said:
Confusing love confession, not sure if it could be real.

It's not. It's Kumiko quoting Reina's line back on the hill, you can see Reina smiling back.
RPSB9Jun 16, 2015 2:42 PM
#CHEXIT
Jun 16, 2015 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
Doubledog said:
Ziassan said:

Uuuuh? Wasn't that another payback like the one in ep.6 "That seems like something you'd say", I'm sure it's like that, and not about the Taki thing.

Actually, that was pretty obvious, why didn't I think about it? She's just making fun of Reina's confession in episode 8. This other interpretation points towards the friendly kind of love, though.
Jun 16, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2009
Doubledog said:

Why can't you all admit that their relantionship is awesome? It's useless, no one can ruin this moment.
But, I'm the only one who likes Yuuko?

I think it was both toward about the subject (the audition) and a reference to another episode as others pointed out. Even if it was not, it's not a "love" as romantic couple thing, more a "girl bromance".

And I agree, I really like their relationship but I never thought it was anything really romantic, just a strong link & emotional bond. That kind of scene just strengthens it.

About Yuuko it feels like it's too easy to hate her, she's annoying but more like a child is annoying, she really cares for Kaori and does quite stupid things for that.
Also she took a bit the blame for everyone as she was not the only one thinking Taki could be biased.
ZiassanJun 16, 2015 2:35 PM
Jun 16, 2015 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
^ this guy knows what he's talking about.
Jun 16, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2012
Very nice episode. It was nice that we could really hear the difference between Reina playing and Kaori.
I despise woke people.
Jun 16, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2014

yuriphonium strikes again.

seriously though, i loved this episode. the dynamic between kumiko and reina is really pleasant to watch, and they definitely have a lot of chemistry. i also love how their relationship can be interpreted in any way, whether it be platonic or romantic, although now that this episode has aired, i'm leaning towards platonic. it was obvious that kumiko was just making fun of what reina said in eppy 8, and i doubt that she was legit. still, i can see why people ship them. they're really cute together ^.^

Maerow said:

yeeeeee
flochelleJun 16, 2015 2:55 PM
Jun 16, 2015 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
Ziassan said:

And I agree, I really like their relationship but I never thought it was anything really romantic, just a strong link & emotional bond. That kind of scene just strengthens it.

About Yuuko it feels like it's too easy to hate her, she's annoying but more like a child is annoying, she really cares for Kaori and does quite stupid things for that.
Also she took a bit the blame for everyone as she was not the only one thinking Taki could be biased.

I didn't take the confession seriously, nor I did in ep 8, but the strong link & emotional bond you're talking about is enough for me to ship them. For what i consider yuri, that's enough.

Yuuko sure is troublesome, but I can't help finding her sweet, I like her childish behavior.

-I'm sorry for all the mistakes but I'm having a very hard time writing in english this time...-
Jun 16, 2015 3:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
[YURI INTENSIFIES]

Maerow said:

you're goddamn right.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 16, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2009
Ok, why are people still saying that this is yuri baiting when this has been going on since episode 8 really??? It can no longer be baiting, they definitely crossed a line and I mean, metaphorical confession or not that scene was gay as hell and just screamed "Kumiko x Reina". There is no Shuuichi. I mean seriously, she saw Shuuichi and walked past him. I take that to mean that she had an opportunity to go after him and didn't want to. She was more interested in Reina's position than Shuuichi's poor practicing skills. The SS Kumiko x Reina is happening, people. If they bring Shuuichi back in the last moment than this anime will be total shit.

I'm sad for Kaori, but then again I'm not. She pushed that Ribbon girl to get her all the way to the audition by putting a target on her back to relent at the last second and realize that she is a good person overall??? Meh. Those tears were delicious and I crave that mineral !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 16, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2010
DarcyD said:
Ok, why are people still saying that this is yuri baiting when this has been going on since episode 8 really??? It can no longer be baiting, they definitely crossed a line and I mean, metaphorical confession or not that scene was gay as hell and just screamed "Kumiko x Reina". T

mangakamJun 16, 2015 3:21 PM
Jun 16, 2015 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
In regards to Kumiko's "I need to get better", I think she refers to the fact that she was always neutral and indifferent at the start of the series, and she regrets being indecisive towards Shuichi, since it led to him being hurt. She demonstrates how much better she got at being honest with her feelings in the scene with Reina (and in several other minor scenes in the last 2-3 episodes).

The Kumiko x Shuichi ship is weak right now, they need to pull off a miracle in those last 2 episodes to make me care.

mangakam said:
DarcyD said:
Ok, why are people still saying that this is yuri baiting when this has been going on since episode 8 really??? It can no longer be baiting, they definitely crossed a line and I mean, metaphorical confession or not that scene was gay as hell and just screamed "Kumiko x Reina". T

this interpretation is so weak, Reina didn't even mention Taki in this episode, it was all about herself and the conflict with Kaori/Yuuko. I don't think this audition constitutes much of a confession, anyways.
I've been convinced that Kumiko is making fun of Reina's confession towards her in episode 8.
Lollo36Jun 16, 2015 3:20 PM
Jun 16, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2009
Ririka said:
kurikinton said:

is kyoani trolling us?

I don't think they would see this pairing through until the end.
So this is just another bait maybe, but they just crossed the line. (=w=)"

Anyone not delusional will notice that Kumiko was referencing Reina's speech from episode 8.
Jun 16, 2015 3:47 PM

May 2014
I'm so glad that ribbon bitch cried.

ALSO REINA X KUMIKO OTP!!!
Jun 16, 2015 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
The ship is alive people, the ship is alive. All aboard, get your tickets for the Reina X Kumiko ship, the OTP ship to paradise.
Jun 16, 2015 3:52 PM

Feb 2014
ReinaxKumiko is real boys, we can all go home now.
Jun 16, 2015 3:54 PM

Feb 2012
Drama happening with ribbon bitch crying. Meanwhile, Asuka be like

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2015 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
kickmesign said:
Drama happening with ribbon bitch crying. Meanwhile, Asuka be like

I need a GIF of that with the lines she spoke in that scene... (Something like "I don't care. I really don't care.")
Jun 16, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2013
Its been a while since an anime got me overwhelmed with emotions. I love how the animation is so smooth and detailed you can read characters' emotions perfectly. I get really involved in the atmosphere.

Kumiko was most likely just saying that because of what Reina said in ep 8.

Curse you KyoAni. I don't care if its just bait, im taking it.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2015

135 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Jun 1, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2015

194 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 26, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

243 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 26, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

396 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
May 24, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2015

206 by BritishBlitz87 »»
May 18, 6:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.