Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, Hikari and her white cape while trying to act like a vampire is hilarious.

Cute to see the girls play in the pool together. The brief moment between Sakie wand Tetsuo was also amusing. The info dump about Dullahans is interesting. I like how this show always explores demi-humans in some way related to culture or ideas from the real world.

Pretty fun show overall. I liked the majority of the characters and the show did a decent job at selling its comedy.
Mar 25, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2010
A nice peaceful episode too end this anime with.
Tho i have to say Saki's bikini was very sexy it looked nice an her and created some funny moments.
The rest of the girls seemed to have fun as well.
Hikari's eyes shinning in the dark just like a nocturnal animal was nice too see as well and i learned something new from it.
I knew the eyes of nocturnal animals shin in the dark are at least reflect light but i didn't know the reason behind it.
Mar 25, 2017 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
Takahashi sensei what are you doing in a pool full of girls ??
there was a lack of quality in this one but nothing disturbing
anyway, that was a good ride, each episode was extremely peaceful and funny, + perfect? character development
10/10 top1 or top2 this season imo
Mar 25, 2017 10:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man it sucks to see this series end

In regards to the finale, I'm glad that we finally got an episode like this because I needed to see Satou in a bikini or something lol

But apart from that, this was a really cute episode and I really enjoyed all of the subtle things like how Takahashi asked Machi's dad for permission to allow him to take her underwater, and then the genuine look of surprise and joyfulness from Machi when she went under

I also liked how they took the opportunity to add more to the lore behind vampires and dullahans too xD....And speaking of Takahashi, MY GOD THIS GUY IS RIPPED AF O_O

Overall though, this finale was great and I especially loved the final scene because it was a culmination of everything that has developed over the course of the season and I really hope that we get a second season one day, because I'm gonna need my Satou x Takahashi ship to set sail

I was going to give this an 8/10, but after last week's episode and just this season in general, somehow this series has managed to develop and characterize each and every character sufficiently and in a fun way all the while throwing in necessary bits of info, comedy and a bit of cute and fanservice moments in between and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the emotions that this series brought both literally and figuratively IRL and in the show

And so for that, I'm going to happily give this a 9/10
TokoyaMar 25, 2017 11:02 AM
Mar 25, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2009
Pool episode is perfect way to end anime on positive note

Mar 25, 2017 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
haah last episode...I was so disheartened...I want more
Mar 25, 2017 10:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Now that was a fantastic finale. All the growth from the earlier episodes showcased here.

Yuki's reaction to the Iron Man (FINALLY IT GETS A MENTION) was so worth it xDDDD

The most beautiful moment was Machi going underwater, i loved that. Also subtle things like calling the parents before this, really good attention to detail. The splash animation was awesome and all of them having fun.

Satou HNNNNGH

I will miss this show, definitely in my top 3 of the season non-sequel wise (next to 3-gatsu no Lion and Kuzu no Honkai). All the analytics about demi were really informative and i surely was enthralled in that. Heartwarming and i really hope, it gets a second season somewhere along the line.
8/10
Mar 25, 2017 10:49 AM

Mar 2016
I AM GOING TO MISS THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH

need a second season

8/10
Mar 25, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
loved this anime . hopefully there will be a 2nd season . btw i never thought that satou would use his kindness and him trying to not show her how affected he was by her against him . that was so funny .
9/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 25, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2015
Dman that "Iron man" joke. And then comes Yukki try her best not to laugh. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
bastek66 said:

How a biology teacher who spent most of his time sitting behind desk can build all of those muscles is beyond me
Mar 25, 2017 10:57 AM

Aug 2016
Really enjoyed this anime, will miss it!

my final score ended on 8.20/10 so a 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 25, 2017 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
Well, to this episode's credit, there was nowhere near as much fanservice as I expected, and it made for a reasonably satisfying conclusion, wrapping things up in fairly innocuous fashion. Saying that, the discussion about the specificity of Dullahan legends was pretty interesting, and it was quite a funny image seeing Takahashi completely ripped like that.

Overall, a compotent series that was definitely enjoyable and interesting, but ultimately probably didn't do enough to be enormously memorable. Still, it was definitely fun to watch.

7/10
Mar 25, 2017 11:03 AM

Jun 2015
This was a fun episode. Satou looks so sexy in her bikini. Macchi underwater was a beautiful moment. The rest of the girls had a fun time. The discussion about Dullahan legends was interesting. Good show overall. Learned some things about demis and how they live. 7/10
Mar 25, 2017 11:04 AM
Dec 2016
"I want more interviews with these girls.."
7/10 for the most heartwarming+cuteness from demis in this season..
Quite a good filler for ending the show like this.. still better than those 2 that ended before...
Mar 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Nov 2012
I'll give it an 8/10 because of Satou's swimsuit... EROIIIIIIIIIIII
Mar 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Hilarious way to end the show with her tardiness.
That aside, pretty average show. 4/10.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 25, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Tetsuo brought us the biggest moment of fanservice in this show lol.

Time to follow the manga in hopes of more developement.
Mar 25, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
What a fantastic final episode im gonna miss these characters so much!
7.82 is still much too low of a rating, it at least needs to be over an 8!
10/10 for me!
Mar 25, 2017 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
this series went by so quick I wish it was longer sad to see it end hopefully they announce another season soon or an OVA. pretty interesting that they decided to end it with a pool episode not that I'm complaining after all look at sensei.
Mar 25, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2013
4/5- Great finale that's fitting for this type of series.

9/10- I just enjoyed this show far too much. This and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid were to two series that I had little to no expectations. I was glad to give this series a chance. It was fun.

Also...Sakie in a bikini was great and all...but holy shit Sensei you made me question my sexuality.

Mar 25, 2017 11:48 AM

May 2012
Fun anime with some heartwarming and endearing moments.

That Tetsuou joke was great

Sakie-sensei with the sexiness once again, but wish we coulda seen full body instead of only top-half lol

And jesus christ, Takahashi-sensei is RIPPED. I mean, I could tell but his arms alone, but then the shirt comes off and BAM

I hope there'll be a second season in the future

Mar 25, 2017 11:52 AM
Jun 2016
So....another fine anime ends.
My Saturdays have gotten boring...

Still, fun show, and more talk about Hikari and Kyouko's qualities.
And I like the bit about Kyouko being underwater...and the fact that everyone was willing to help her with that. Nice touch!

And Sakie...so funny, so sexy.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Mar 25, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2016
Best way how to end a series ? pool episode !
Mar 25, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2009
Machi, underwater looks a lot better with some goggles on. And another order of magnitude better when it's a natural sea, not a sterile pool.

It's impressive how Hikari knows all about goggles and sunblock, but deliberately doesn't use them so that her friends will not know about her weakness.

I wonder, did everybody understand the pun when light ("hikari") was represented by Hikari's face?

Protoz said:
bastek66 said:

How a biology teacher who spent most of his time sitting behind desk can build all of those muscles is beyond me

Cue a flashback to a young Tetsuo inventing some mad mixture that will make him muscled without working out.
Also, he seems to be the guy who carries all the heavy stuff in the school.

Or maybe he does work out. One does not get muscles like that without working out. Unless it's anime magic that makes everybody good-looking at work.
Mar 25, 2017 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
OMG Sakie-sensei O.O

This show was so heartwarming and funny, I loved it!
Mar 25, 2017 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
Great ending to a great show
10/10

Also that moment...

Serves you right xd
Mar 25, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2007
Sakie-sensei sexy as hell.
Tetsuo-sensei sexy as hell.
A good ending for a perfect serie ...
We thought that would be fanservice but not ... :-)
I will miss them !
Mar 25, 2017 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
It was an good show. Could have done without Ep 11 though.

My most enjoyed parts were definitely when the girls would bring up topics in relation to stories and legends about what they are and related it towards themselves and modern day. Like the Machi and Takahashi talking about dullahans not crossing rivers.
Mar 25, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2009
By the way, are all Dullahan paintings derived from real famous paintings?
I only recognized «Vityaz at the Crossroads» at 14:47.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:19-v_2h_Vasnetsov.jpg
Mar 25, 2017 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
I'm sad to see this end. 8/10 for me. The finale was very nice. For some reason I liked the CG splash effects.

Otherwise, Satou's swimsuit!
Mar 25, 2017 12:43 PM

Jul 2016
Hoho what a great ending, it's a well made anime. I need more something like this, all emotion overflowing, laugh, sad, etc. Great, I love this 9/10
Mar 25, 2017 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
Loved every moment of this show, except maybe episode 9. I was admittedly kind of skeptical about starting it because of its bland premise. In the end, however, I enjoyed it more than anything this season. All the characters were adorable, but what surprised me the most was Takahashi being such a likable protagonist. Also Hikari is waifu for laifu, no doubt about it. Season 2 please A-1 Pictures.

8/10
Mar 25, 2017 12:50 PM

Jun 2012
Series get 10/10 for me, we have very fun and likeable characters, great animation, and lots of character development, problem of many SOL shows, especially with main character love interest added in, is that very often characters are exactly same as they were in episode 1.

I really hope we will get Season 2 in few years :)
kamil88Mar 26, 2017 2:23 AM
Mar 25, 2017 1:08 PM
Sep 2016
Such an enjoyable series throughout this entire first season. Best part of the episode was Satake falling out of the tree after seeing Sakie in her swim suit haha. Definitely hoping for a season 2!

10/10 for me!
Mar 25, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
When this first aired I didn't have any expectations but even after the first episode I was hooked. This show started strong and it ends strong. I wish there was more of the other characters besides Hikari in this last episode but it was still a good episode. Please give me the date between Satou-sensei and Takahashi as an OVA or better yet just give me a second season, pleeeeassssee.

8/10
Mar 25, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2013
This didn't feel like a good enough finale, but it was ap pretty fun episode. Hikari with her white cape lol. Takahashi was trying his best to get away before Sakie gets ready to get into the pool but he ended up having to see that sexy body. Sakie showing her bikini was like saying "death to Takahashi" lol. That sexiness.

Liked how Takahashi said that he wouldn't respond in kind if any of his students confessed to him. They're kids and his students, nothing more than that. And that's how a teacher should be. Lol when Sakie was telling him that she's neither a kid nor his student and Takahashi's like "ok".

Overall I liked this show. It did a good enough job overall. The focus on the Demi-chans, the comparisons with what the stories say and what the reality of things are, the attempts to answer some questions which come to mind regarding their natures, they did them quite nicely. However, despite all that, I'd call this wasted potential. While they did some nice stuff, they were capable of far more with such a premise. They took the safe way out of many issues so as to not get too serious or something. Yuki's problem was best depicted here and I loved it. They wasted Machi's romance, Sakie's past, stuff related to Hikari. They could have done so much more here but didn't.

In any case, I still liked what they did here, though I wished they had realized their full potential.
Mar 25, 2017 1:27 PM

Dec 2014
A very pleasant finale to a very nice show.

Satou sensei in her bikini was something we needed to see. :3

The scene with Machi going underwater was beautiful and calling Machi's dad before that was a very nice touch.
Also Takahashi-sensei is ripped, what the hell? I seriously did not see that coming. XD

Overall, a really nice show, great characters all round and excellent attention to detail. It's all these small details that you notice that truly let you realize how much development there's been over the course of the show and how things have changed. I can't say I liked every single moment but the show was definitely enjoyable as a whole. Going into this show in the beginning of the season, I didn't really know what to expect but I can surely say it turned out very well. :)

7/10, Strangely enough, I just don't know why I don't feel like giving this show a higher rating even though I definitely enjoyed it. If I ever figure out why, I'll probably come back and edit this post. I think it might be that I wasn't all that emotionally invested as most of the others here. Not really sure.
Mar 25, 2017 1:34 PM

Jun 2016
Solid anime, 8/10. Hopefully a S2 comes.
Mar 25, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
Hikari wants to go to the pool and takahashi sensei obliges 8/10
Some dullahan theory on why they are depicted as knights on horses, spot on :O

Sakie still not getting anywhere, guess sensei is dense too.
Mar 25, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
Cannot believe this already ended. I will sure miss the adventures of the demis. One of the best animes to come this Winter for me.

P.S. I'm GAR for Takahashi-sensei.
Mar 25, 2017 2:43 PM

May 2009
flannan said:
By the way, are all Dullahan paintings derived from real famous paintings?
I only recognized «Vityaz at the Crossroads» at 14:47.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:19-v_2h_Vasnetsov.jpg

Sakie's is based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightmare
Nexu said:
Solid anime, 8/10. Hopefully a S2 comes.

There is no material for new season.
Mar 25, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
9/10 (i'll wait the end of the year to give or take a point depending on other animes) I want a second season or more manga.
Mar 25, 2017 4:03 PM

Dec 2016
Definitely one of the best anime's this season.

I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Love the reaction of the girl when they saw sensei's ripped body.

I do hope we get a 2nd season.
Mar 25, 2017 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
I'm gonna miss these characters so much. A few weeks ago i would not have thought this show might nudge Kobayashi-san's dragon maid off the top spot for this season, but i'm not sure anymore. I absolutely adored this anime and i certainly wouldn't mind a second season.

Hmm... do i really need to sleep tonight? I think i might watch the whole thing from beginning to end again right now.
Mar 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
Saki's "munnumunnumunnumh,.." was great.

The shared humour between Saki and Yuki never gets old either.

I wonder whether the colour scheme of Tetsuo's dream perfectly matched the below accidentally, or on purpose:

I sure hope Tetsuo stating that he needs "many more interviews with these demi's" to be a hint at a second season.

Best of all was that I noticed Satake's lense flare a few shots before he was shown looking at the girls from the tree.

8/10 I'd liked to have given a 9, but I just can't justify that compared to some older titles on my list. In fairness though, next to any recent releases, it IS a 9 or higher.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 25, 2017 4:55 PM

Jul 2016
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

I'd rather play Katawa Shoujo than (re)watch this series - at least the girls in Katawa Shoujo are ACTUAL chars (who're not defined solely by their disabilities), and the MC gets called out on his white-knight attitude when needed. But I guess otakus prefer to have their protective moe-like feelings appeased these days... what a disappointment.

1/10
Mar 25, 2017 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
Mar 25, 2017 5:22 PM
Oct 2012
Zarator said:
This has to be the worst airing anime I've ever watched - even Urara Meirochou felt marginally more interesting. There was basically no action, no comedy (of the fun/non-repetitive type, at least), no drama, no development, basically just cute girls doing cute stuff. There hasn't been any single issue which didn't stem from the demis' unhuman nature (as if they didn't have anything interesting going on in their life besides being demis!), and Takahashi-sensei's white-knight attitude is never ultimately addressed (it was sorta touched upon in ep. 11 but then easily forgiven).

So, you hate a slice of life series for being "slice of life". And you hate a show for sticking to the theme it's title suggests......

Don't think the problem is with the show....
Mar 25, 2017 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
What? Its over already!? Awww...Time flies so fast and I was engross on how much the characters are having fun that I forgot that its the last episode. What a way to end the series with Pool and Swimsuit fanservice.

Such a fun and lighthearted series

A Solid 8/10.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.