Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love the relationship between Hyakkimaru and Dororo in this show, including this episode.

So much for that shark demon though. Cool to see Hyakkimaru in action as usual. This guy's fighting skills is still sharp despite being outnumbered.
May 13, 2019 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
So they found the treasure, but they don't know what to do with it yet. I hope it will have some relevance at the end. Also rip Itachi, he wasn't a bad guy, he just tried his best to survive in that shitty age.
May 13, 2019 8:25 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was a major step up compared to previous ones.
May 13, 2019 8:41 AM
Mar 2019
I swear to god my heart beat increased when I saw HYAKKI AND DORORO TOUCHING FOREHEADS ALSO THAT HUG AND DORORO GIVING SUPPORT TO HYAKKI BROUGHT TEARS IN MY EYES😣😣😭😭 he really got the thing dororo is an important figure in his life and that he needs her "I came here for u"😢 in the end dororo closed her eyes......finally our girl is relaxed for now
OmaiwashinduruMay 13, 2019 8:47 AM
May 13, 2019 8:41 AM
Sep 2015
oh no sharkboy die, we only see his mother possibly died of famine, which is quite common at that era, so not much sympathy besides his cool character design.
Now the shark maru died and human maru fighting each other, I'm wondering if shark maru outcome will predict human maru's fate. But I still strongly believe that both will become loving brothers and survived till the end.
May 13, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2017
the hyakki and dororo nuzzle absolutely DESTROYED ME. i love their dynamic so much guys it's not even funny :').

rip shark boy. what a guy honestly, finding family in sharks.
May 13, 2019 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
This episode has to be one of my favorites! Dororo's and Hyakkimaru's nuzzle was so cute! The fight scenes between Hyakkimaru and his brother were fantastic! Lastly, I really liked the OST used at the end. Overall I felt this episode was written really well :)
May 13, 2019 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
This episode had a reasonable build up after a few episodes with them being split off and Tahoumaru also showing up. And yet it was barely exciting and kept the trend of looking cheap. Welp
May 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2016
Plenty of action this week. Tahomaru never gives up. And damn, that scene where Hyakki and Dororo reunites was so heartwarming <3.

I really liked this scenery

RIP Itachi, he might have done terrible things to Dororo, but you can't really blame him for trying to survive on an era as harsh as the Sengoku. Dororo has the biggest of hearts for forgiving him and sending him off to heavens not to fight his dad when he reaches there.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2015
The bond between Hyakkimaru and Dororo is too cute. So many casualties in this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2019 9:38 AM

Aug 2012
Very good episode. Too bad Tahomaru survived but I guess you cannot have it all.
@Swagernator probably will be used to start a revolution
About many casualties I am sorry but the samurai deserved it. And the whole Tahomaru bs. I mean yeah your family and your servants may be doing well but most people do not. Stop thinking you represent the people asshole!
May 13, 2019 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
Why is their world so cruel... I felt so bad for Hyakkimaru, his own family is trying to kill him, he was confused as hell when fighting his brother. Rest in peace, Itachi. Good episode.
May 13, 2019 9:46 AM
Jul 2016
Rip Shiranui ,Rip Itachi,Fuck You Daigo.
May 13, 2019 9:58 AM
Mar 2017
Well this was blissful and heartbreaking at the same time. To see the brothers fight like that, with so much hate... T_T Feels aside, Tahomaru's timing was really unfortunate - to bring an army for just 1 man and have it all offed by some crazy creep and explosives, wow this must sting. (I'm really worried for Hyogo...)
For now both seem to only harden in their beliefs, i wonder if that will change or i can just go and drown in tears already T_T
This Hyakki and Dororo reunion, though, was pure bliss. Heaven exists.
...Wow, what a rollercoaster. I guess after this we'll have a couple of more relaxing monster-of-a-day episodes to return a hand or two and get ready for a final family showdown.
May 13, 2019 10:15 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit that fight between Hyakki and those 3 was pretty damn good. Hyakki and Dororo's reunion was sweet as well
May 13, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2018
Hyakkimaru surviving a very adverse situation reminded me of Edmond antes not dying in the duel with Albert in the count of Monte Cristo.
It is the divine providence that wants him to survive and to punish his family for the covenant. The punishment will be severe.
The treasure of Dororo's father reminded me of the treasure of the Father would be in the count of monte cristo. Hyakkimaru will use the treasure to detract his family.
May 13, 2019 10:42 AM
Mar 2019
phxntomhiveghoul said:
the hyakki and dororo nuzzle absolutely DESTROYED ME. i love their dynamic so much guys it's not even funny :').

rip shark boy. what a guy honestly, finding family in sharks.
that's what I wanna hear!! I've watched the nuzzle,hug again and again and I'm still going through a state of destructiveness caused by the cuteness of the hug😂😂
May 13, 2019 10:48 AM
Mar 2019
Hyakkimaru trying to feel affection is really heartwarming and the way he asked dororo to grab his hands explains A LOT!!
He's really getting the thing!!!
Their relationship is not something as ordinary as the relations in every other anime
To me it's the most UNIQUE PURE and the most BEAUTIFUL bond I've ever seen in an anime for a LONG LONG time 😊😊😊😊😔😔
May 13, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2016
Well, aside from his cool design, shark boy wasn't that interesting in the end. His reasoning was quite bland in my opinion.

Good episode overall. The animation during Hyakkimaru vs. Tahoumaru fight was quite nice and the camera angles helped making it look even more intense so props to the directing in that aspect.
May 13, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
That forehead nuzzle though.. I legit thought hyakkimaru was gonna kiss dororo for a sec there LoL it made me pause the video and go wtf but then when i played it back thank god it was just a cute nuzzle awww

Hyakkimaru's blade is broken and the broken piece is lost... Are we gonna fight demons with just the blade on the left thats left?
xueyutanhuaMay 13, 2019 11:10 AM
May 13, 2019 11:18 AM
Jun 2011
kuroyami-kun said:
That forehead nuzzle though.. I legit thought hyakkimaru was gonna kiss dororo for a sec there LoL it made me pause the video and go wtf but then when i played it back thank god it was just a cute nuzzle awww

Isn't that what the bearded dude did to Hyakkimaru last episode?
May 13, 2019 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Real good ep. Having said that, Am I the only one in thinking that Tahomaru is a bit OP? A pampered little prince like him, even with all the training he's had, has no business being able to match swords with a demon killer like Hyakkimaru?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 13, 2019 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
Dororo have a special place in my heart, amazing episode.
May 13, 2019 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
damn tahomaru couldn't do a one on one with hyakkimaru and dude still lost... das tuff
May 13, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2018
FINALLY SOME GOOD FUCKING FOOD

May 13, 2019 12:03 PM

Jun 2011
Well, thats's quite a lot of money.
If Dororo and Hyakkimaru use that money. They could be the lord of the land themself.

Speaking of Shiranui (shark boy) His story is very rush, making him so bland as a character. Such a waste. He has potential to be a great villian. At least in the manga it made me feel something for him, however in ths anime remake, I feel nothing.

The fight between two brothers was great though. Also the reunion scene between Hyakkimaru and Dororo, the forhead rub and Dororo hugged Hyakkimaru, that was too cute!!!!!
Overall great episode.
May 13, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2016
Glad that we're back on track with this episode. I was already missing the thrill and emotions from earlier episodes.

Dororo's reunion with Hyakkimaru was just too cute and even tho Itachi did some scummy things, I still felt sorry for him at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2019 12:30 PM
Feb 2019
I can't help but feel really sorry for Tahomaru, his dad is manipulating and his mom doesn't give him enough attention, which is not a big deal but when she makes the stupid choice of stabbing herself in front of him you can only imagine his confusion and him being manipulated to kill his brother for his land. Really hope they become real brothers in the end. Dororo and Hyakkimaru share a strong sibling relationship which I love. Over all great episode
May 13, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2016
Great fight the animation was pretty solid as well, Shark boy got KIA.

My theory actually turned out to be true Hyakkimaru got his right/left leg back.
May 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
Tahou was just like a basic villain this time. I was expecting something a bit more complex.

After Hyakki lost a prosthetic leg and didn't get it replaced, it wasn't hard to predict that he'd be getting the real leg back. Is he also gonna get an arm back now? Hope not. I want the arm to be replaced by another prosthetic.

I loved the reunion with Dororo. It was so sweet.

Didn't like how the single armed guy died without making any changes. He should have killed someone from Itachi's crew and created problems for the protagonist some more.

I loved this episode, but the story felt slightly weaker than the previous ones.
May 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2017
Awwwww, that moment where Hyakkimaru found Dororo... my heart... it's too adorable! I love their relationship so much ❤

It's breaking my heart to see Tohomaru become his father... i don't want him and Hyakkimaru to be fight. I know that his people will suffer, but Tohomaru needs to realise that sacrificing Hyakkimaru isn't the way to save them. He needs to be a good ruler by finding a legit way of protecting them not selling his own brother to demons!
May 13, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
lawina said:
kuroyami-kun said:

Isn't that what the bearded dude did to Hyakkimaru last episode?

Yeah I remembered that scene after the little heartwarming Hyakkimaru-Dororo moment. But at that time when dororo blushed and moved back a little I was sorta taken aback haha I'm deeply ashamed to have had that thought even if for a moment. Sumimasen.
May 13, 2019 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
kuroyami-kun said:

That startled me quite a bit
May 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Sep 2011
I thought the shark youkai would end Itachi and his band, but Dororo was tied right in front of it so there was no other way than dealing with it at the start. It felt a bit anticlimactic at first, but it worked since the shark boy still played a role in the end. And it was also good because Hyakkimaru good his leg back, which felt a bit weird because the shark had just became a youkai and somehow held a part of his body. I mean, they were pretty big, but it felt like they were normal sharks before this transformation. And I liked the shark's boy take on Hyakkimaru's quest for his body too. He thought there was no point in having a "human body", and this, together with his flashback, gave some depth to the character. Oh, and Hyakkimaru's reunion with Dororo was really cute!

Well, Hyakkimaru's confront with Tahomaru and his retainers was aggravating. First, they wouldn't stand a chance against Hyakkimaru if they fought one on one, but the three of them together were a threat and it felt unfair and one-sided like their reasoning for killing him just like that. Twisting what's happening with their land in a really convenient way to make it his fault alone when he bears no responsibility to it. But the shark boy blowed the mountain and Hyogo got injured, making Tahomaru retreat for now. Well, at least Hyakkimaru realized that Tahomaru changed and is now his enemy. This is sad, but it's something. And Itachi died, but still got a glimpse of "his" money, and received compassion from Dororo, which he really didn't deserve, but Dororo is too kind.
May 13, 2019 1:56 PM
Jan 2019
Well.. i can at least understand now why the three last episodes had shitty animation.. at least we saw a satisfying fight this week
May 13, 2019 2:03 PM
Jun 2016
I wonder if the gold will be the solution to the family problem? They lose the power the demons gave them, but recieve the money to let their country prosper still.
May 13, 2019 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
This episode was truly amazing. I love the relationship between Dororo and Hyakkimaru and the fight scenes were really, really good!
When Dororo and Hyakkimaru touched foreheads *-*

I am a bit sorry for the guy with the sharks thou.
May 13, 2019 3:17 PM
Apr 2016
Awwwww Itachi... not again!...
wolfwing said:
I wonder if the gold will be the solution to the family problem? They lose the power the demons gave them, but recieve the money to let their country prosper still.

I also thought about it. Through defeating the demons and instead giving people the hoard for a "better life" they could balance out the impact from severing the pact. But at this point I believe any interesting take on this story is beyond this series. It just kinda goes on.
Re:formed
May 13, 2019 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
Such a fucking amazing episode. The fight against Tahomaru was epic, I see he doesn't have a problem taking on Hyakkimaru with people helping him since this isn't some kind of "honourable one-on-one duel", he wants him dead any way he can. And Shark Boy turned up at the best point. That scene with Itachi too, with his last moments.
May 13, 2019 3:28 PM
Mar 2015
Jumping the shark
May 13, 2019 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
Best episode so far.
May 13, 2019 5:00 PM
Jan 2019
SUPER EPISODE! It is one of the best episodes of this anime. It was full of action.
1. Hyakkimaru and Dororo are together again.
2. The transformation of the shark to a demon was creepy.
3. Hyakkimaru recovered the missing leg.
4. The arrival of Tahomaru and his army to kill Hyakkimaru ignited the episode. I hate the selfishness of these people.
There were great scenes of fighting in the confrontation.
5. Itachi played an important role in finding the treasure of Dororo's father. In the end, it did not help him because he died. His ambition brought him to an end.
6.Dororo left me amazed with his decision about the treasure. Despite being a girl, she is mature ... and kind.
7. Hyakkimaru's show of affection towards Dororo touched my heart. They really look like brothers. They have each other. If something happened to Dororo, I can not imagine what Hyakkimaru would do. It is the only family that has.
"I came for you".
May 13, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2012

That scene was so sick, Tahomaru was a real badass here. I really enjoyed this ep!
May 13, 2019 5:30 PM
Sep 2017
This episode was SO freaking good! It had pretty much everything you could want. Tons of action, from Hyakkimaru fighting the shark demon to the arrows flying everywhere, people getting blown to bits, buried under an avalanche, and the awesome fight between Hyakki, Tahomaru and his retainers. (How I wish the brothers’ relationship hadn’t gone this way.)
Then you have the kindness of Dororo shown when Itachi dies, Hyakki getting his leg back, and last but FAR from least - that beautiful reunion between Hyakki and Dororo! I had a lump in my throat watching that - it was so touching and sweet!!! She truly is his real family. Screw Daigo!
May 13, 2019 5:35 PM

Aug 2010
Farabeuf said:
Real good ep. Having said that, Am I the only one in thinking that Tahomaru is a bit OP? A pampered little prince like him, even with all the training he's had, has no business being able to match swords with a demon killer like Hyakkimaru?

Tahomaru is going 3 vs 1 against Hyakkimaru in this episode, also we can notice that Tahomaru is becoming more ruthless, where Hyakkimaru is less ruthless fighting against his brother.

Even then Hyakkimaru could finish him off if he pushed Tahomaru to the arrow, not beside it.
May 13, 2019 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
Though Shiranui was derranged due to his way of living, he did make sense when he questioned what good is to be human if you can't protect the ones you dear so much. Everyone takes from everyone, humans take it the most. Hyakkimaru should really come up with a resolution as to why he needs his body back and what for.
RIP Shiranui.
awrup said:

Even then Hyakkimaru could finish him off if he pushed Tahomaru to the arrow, not beside it.

Well he still can't see 3D yet.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 13, 2019 6:08 PM

Oct 2015
Funny how the shark guy became irrelevant in this episode, even when he decided bomb himself and them.

Wonder what will Dororo do with the stash later on? Poor Itachi, I kinda felt for him since he wanted it so badly and even died looking at it. Poor bastard, he wasn't bad though in my book.

I see Tahomaru still wants his brother's head, I guess to him blood ain't thicker than the village!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 13, 2019 8:10 PM
Feb 2019
hyakkimaru did not want to kill tahomaru and his two friends, if he wanted the three were dead. But he may feel hatred and wish to kill his family and those who are obstacles. With the money, hyakkimaru has more options to want revenge against Daigo.After the bad choices of Tahomaru, dago is in a precarious position. Better let hyakkimaru recover his body than he wants revenge and the consequences are worse.
The best choice is not to promote hyakkimaru's wrath for him to choose to revenge, for him to live his life peacefully.
May 13, 2019 8:43 PM

Sep 2010
Amazing episode. The animation seemed even better than usual.
May 13, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2011
That shark demon were much weaker than first thought, of course it would been much more dangerous in the water.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

447 by Thirdu »»
Sep 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by ZNT_12_9_1_22 »»
Aug 30, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2019

93 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2019

145 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

182 by jilebi_james23 »»
Aug 5, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.