Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, we got the continuation of the big match.

Toma and Misa pretty much had to use everything in their sleeves to up against those aces. I'm impressed by Toma and Misa being able to keep up with the momentum. What an episode, probably the most intense one yet in terms of gameplay.

Nov 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Nov 2017
That was quite an exciting showdown. I was starting to think we might actually win this thing, but Arashi pulled through. I admire his determination.

The insert song felt pretty nice and fitting.
The second half went a bit SoL, but felt nice.
Nov 21, 2019 10:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
After the effort they really deserved a barbecue.
Maki's story with cockroaches is both sad and so funny xD
Nov 21, 2019 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
That was an intense game. It's a shame Maki and Toma lost. It was a close one.

The second was quite nice with the barbeque. Love their victory dance.

Nov 21, 2019 11:09 AM
Mar 2015
Taking advantage of the other team was great. The bruises on the back were horrible Somone should pay for that. The cockroach story was funny.
Nov 21, 2019 11:32 AM

Apr 2009
Hey, this was pretty good. I wish the show didn't look so weird in the second half, there were so many uncanny moments.

We got a major hint of Mitsue's issues, but we are 7 episodes in, at this point that ship is sailed. I do not look forward the writer dumping her backstory all over the plot out of nowhere in the next episode or so.

Nov 21, 2019 11:38 AM
Oct 2018
What was up with istuki's back? have i forgotten something or has this yet to be mentioned?
Nov 21, 2019 11:44 AM

Apr 2009
babblejet said:
What was up with istuki's back? have i forgotten something or has this yet to be mentioned?

Did you accidentally skip... a whole episode lol?

Nov 21, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 2018
Nevermind I just forgot the whole thing with his parents
Nov 21, 2019 12:12 PM

Apr 2009
I can't believe this series is going to be only 12 episodes and that we're more than half way through it already, I'm enjoying it so much! I enjoyed watching this episode, and also how the characters are getting closer.

Also, I'm not sure why, but I'm finding Mitsue's character annoying.
Nov 21, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2011
This episode was amazing and there were some really great animation during the final game. I like the rival Ouji and nice seeing him getting friendly at the barbecue with the team.
Nov 21, 2019 12:59 PM
May 2017
I wonder whose parent complained
Nov 21, 2019 1:00 PM

May 2018
Awh. This episode was nice. It was funny sometimes. Just 5 episodes left... I need more!

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Nov 21, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2019
I love that they sprinkle little bits of fujoshi bait in every episode. #thelittlethingsmatter

Nov 21, 2019 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode, one of my favourites so far. So nice to have the rival Ouji join them for the BBQ and bond. It was nice finally having some fun times with the team.

Yeah, it's weird a parent complained. It could possibly be Touma's? IDK.

RainSprite said:
Also, I'm not sure why, but I'm finding Mitsue's character annoying.
Same. She shouldn't be there. I wish we can just get a soft girl who cheers them on instead of an unappealing tsundere.

Stark700 said:
Toma and Misa pretty much had to use everything in their sleeves to up against those aces. I'm impressed by Toma and Misa being able to keep up with the momentum. What an episode, probably the most intense one yet in terms of gameplay.
Who's Misa? LOL
Nov 21, 2019 1:56 PM
May 2019
A gourgeous, tense and exciting episode. Everything seemed on point.
I wonder who complained, why (I don't find it outdated) but it's really understandable, it's just kids. I hope we get a badass coach or even Toma's brother.
Nov 21, 2019 2:17 PM
Dec 2015
Jin_uzuki said:
babblejet said:

Wait wait... I thought touma was the one with burns on his back?? what was the deal with itsuki??
Nov 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2017
Man I really love the whole once rivals now friends things sports anime do (when it's done right at least), very nice. Feel bad for Toma though, can understand that feeling

Mitsue is kinda so so right now. I like the little things like how she kept denying cheering for the 2 and then ending up fully cheering for them, but god there's a limit to how much tsundere one can be

babblejet said:

he got 420 rkd by his mom I think or something (I think she spilled boiling water all over his back)

youcansmileagain said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Wait wait... I thought touma was the one with burns on his back?? what was the deal with itsuki??

I think you're mistaking it cause they both got mommy issues. Toma is the one where the mother hates him for some unexplained reason and loves his brother
Nov 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
Oji is actually a pretty chill guy. Enjoyed those moments where he get along with everyone.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2019 2:38 PM

May 2018
Okay that was a great match with Toma and Maki pair, I enjoyed it. Glad to know Oji from the enemy team more, and it is good to see him hanging out with the team. Still wondering how Toma will be changed from sad person to a happy person. The cockroach one was funny.

Nov 21, 2019 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
Ahh, here I thought we got good and heartwarming episode without any drama, but they always manage to sneak some in with after credits scenes.

Also I still watch the ending every single time, I just love the dancing.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
Toma should be cautious. Otherwise the "rich boy" will buy Maki soon. :'D
Nov 21, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2019
What's with all the Mitsue hate..

She's the only recurring character that gives counterbalance when the boys get extra perky (which is like all the time lately).

Nov 21, 2019 3:24 PM
Dec 2015
Short_Circut said:

youcansmileagain said:

I think you're mistaking it cause they both got mommy issues. Toma is the one where the mother hates him for some unexplained reason and loves his brother

ohh ok tysm, i think i got confused cuz i was watching someone's reaction and they kept saying it was touma who got the water poured on him or smth
Nov 21, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Ouji was a jerk at first, so much that I felt for Sunaga. But Maki, and Touma drove them against the wall with that exciting match, which felt like it would go on forever for a moment. And this made him rely more on Sunaga as a partner, if only by the end of it. I loved that Mitsue told them to not be excited while being excited herself too. xD Oh, and Itsuki feels comfortable enough to change in front of Maki now, showing his burn scars. That was nice too, especially how Maki didn't make a big deal out of it like the others almost did.

And the barbecue was great! Maki really is a good boy despite what he has to go through. The others were, understandably, on their guards when Ouji showed up, but Maki accepted him there from the start, and it was wholesome. I mean, I felt for Touma, unable to mingle in, but at least Yuuta was there for him. He didn't know what to say, but he remained by his side, and it was nice. Now, I wonder who complained about the barbecue, I mean, about the "practice on Sunday." Maybe a parent from one of the boys whose family we don't know yet.
Nov 21, 2019 3:37 PM
Apr 2018
I super love this episode! Very well executed. And who would've thought that the red-head kid was a nice guy after all?
Nov 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Nov 2019
yvanedisco said:
And who would've thought that the red-head kid was a nice guy after all?

I sorta knew the moment he strutted towards the boys in his pink shoes..

Nov 21, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2017
This episode match is fire. The animation is so top notch, and the dynamic surpass last episode by quite abit. I don't expect to get this pump with score this close in a drama series like this, and I feel like I'm really watching Hyakku in the first half of episode.
Also super surprise we got another soothing slice of life for the WHOLE episode with nothing going wrong yet, and they finally become really close friends.

But with all due respect, we all know what's coming. We got double the sweet from last 2, now we're going back to double the suffer to compensate.

I'm a little worry about the episode count though since they dedicated 2 episodes purely for match and sol (not a bad thing but we only got 12 episodes mind you), and now we only have 5 episodes left to address all the plot/ characters' struggle in the remaining few episodes. (With this little screen time left, I doubt we'd get any backstory or family background from Tsubasa and Taiyo, which is kinda sad. I'm actually quite rooting for them)
Ventus_SNov 21, 2019 5:31 PM
Nov 21, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2018
this_shit_again said:
I love that they sprinkle little bits of fujoshi bait in every episode. #thelittlethingsmatter

Yeah that's a TOTAL MOOD! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2019 4:48 PM
Jan 2017
Stars Align passes the halfway mark with yet another fantastic episode! Maki and Touma do everything they can to win the match, but unfortunately it's not enough. Even so, it was a fun match, and that's all that matters. It's a good display of character development when Maki realizes he's genuinely enjoying soft tennis for its own sake, rather than just treating it as a means to an end. It's also fun to see the boys befriend Arashi from a rival school. When he's not competing, Arashi is actually a friendly guy and the show did a good job at displaying the bonds of friendship between the boys. Stars Align is one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Oct 2017
HeroVladimir93 said:
Stars Align passes the halfway mark with yet another fantastic episode! Maki and Touma do everything they can to win the match, but unfortunately it's not enough. Even so, it was a fun match, and that's all that matters. It's a good display of character development when Maki realizes he's genuinely enjoying soft tennis for its own sake, rather than just treating it as a means to an end. It's also fun to see the boys befriend Arashi from a rival school. When he's not competing, Arashi is actually a friendly guy and the show did a good job at displaying the bonds of friendship between the boys. Stars Align is one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Alot of shit will go wrong next :P
Let's board the feel train.
Nov 21, 2019 4:55 PM

Oct 2017
di_ana906 said:
this_shit_again said:

Yeah I think when Toma and Maki talked about strategy, their faces are getting WAYYY TOOO CLOSE , and I love it :P

Nov 21, 2019 4:57 PM

Oct 2018
Ventus_S said:
di_ana906 said:

Yeah I think when Toma and Maki talked about strategy, their faces are getting WAYYY TOOO CLOSE , and I love it :P

As a fujoshi it can't be helped but just loving and secretly fangirling over these kind of scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
Yet another episode that's an absolute joy to watch.

MITSUE'S PRACTICAL OPENING SENTENCE about how working hard rarely pays off in this world. The match drags on, but in there Ouji actually learns of his mistakes and is able to grow, and then both sides actually appreciate what an actual battle it's become. The way Itsuki doesn't mind changing around the others anymore, the way nobody says anything about his injury because they know he doesn't like talking about it. Their teacher actually being such a nice guy and caring about their wellbeing. Tsubasa's silly tilted cap because he's the tough cool guy, and Yuuta's salmon pink pants, Makimaki, Mitsue showing up out of nowhere and then having her own personal issues surface. Then Ouji's appearance, who doesn't only find his way into the group very easily (fellow idiots indeed xD), but turns out to be a total dork, at least when it comes to food. Even Kamuy is an all-around joy, despite how minor she is. Then Toma's issue with being around other people, which he can overcome very easily in his official captain status though, when he's called in for the dance. (Seriously, the barbecue didn't even last a whole 10 minutes and it was packed with good stuff.) The post-ED scene in the office, which once again looks very busy with all the little clutter and details.

I really hope we get a second season.

this_shit_again said:

As a fudanshi, I also have to agree with this. I especially love how actually subtle it is, not everything shoved in our face, just very tiny and/or indirect details - it's there, but it feels organic, integral parts of whatever's going on. I think it's a lot more elegant, just how it should be done.
yellowheartrenNov 21, 2019 5:28 PM
Nov 21, 2019 6:01 PM

Oct 2015
Maki and Shinjo were really lit there, I'm proud of them considering it was their first time in a pair up match. But mostly I was impressed by Maki, whom by the way was his first time playing in an official match. Mind you, the guy has no sporting background except that funny cockroach story, and that makes him more talented and incredible than anyone there.

Hope this can be extended, so we can have more matches. I'm so eagerly waiting for the tournament right now.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
When it came to the critical scene of the last net play, both tennis net and soft tennis ball lost elasticity and became extra-hard. Isn't there any art check to prevent such a mistake in the production team? They may be short of time or money or something.
Nov 21, 2019 6:17 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Loved the remained of the Maki Touma vs Oji game. Insert song was good.

Oji is actually a pretty nice guy and I loved the second half where he got on with the rest of the team at the BBQ.
It was nice that they gave Touma's character a little more spotlight with how he's unable to have fun with everyone else.
Nov 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
The match was actually intense! Also: I'm glad it didn't take up the whole episode.

Mitsue is becoming Yuuta's source of entertainment. lol.

I like how Yuuta pays attention to his surroundings, and is good at noticing lonely people.

Touma's messed up nature is being foreshadowed again.

I hope Maki's story about the cockroach is true. It would make me kind of uncomfortable if his athletic abilities came from being abused.

Oh god, Itsuki's back is in a terrible condition! But I like that he has now embraced it as a part of himself.

I had already liked Ouji Arashi last episode because he didn't act like the villain while they had their match, and instead he found humour during it. Now, I like him even more.

The post-credits scene makes me worry!
FuMomo-kunNov 21, 2019 6:25 PM
Nov 21, 2019 6:32 PM

May 2016
this_shit_again said:

She's the only recurring character that gives counterbalance when the boys get extra perky (which is like all the time lately).

Two reasons.

One, it's her attitude that sets most people off. Mitsue just seems to be there because she's got nothing better to do and she strikes me as one of those people who just lives for the moment. Like she was expecting Maki and Touma to lose badly so she could sit there and laugh about it but came away disappointed. Maybe her backstory might give us some closure on her character but it's a bit too late for that now that we're in the second half of this series.

The second reason is that in terms of plot she's practically served no purpose to the story. She's just there because the writer put her there. It's the second half of the series and we've been given no reason to care about her. Again, maybe her backstory might change but at this point I'm not sure if it's going to do much for her character.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 21, 2019 6:50 PM
Apr 2019
This show is turning out to be one of my top 3 shows of the season. The camera work/ angles gave the game an exciting and intense feel to the match. One of the only shows where I will sit thru the end credits, love the music and dance sequences.
Nov 21, 2019 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
I actually like mitsue's shitty attitude, but it is true that she doesn't have any plot relevance (so far), she's just... there.
removed-userNov 21, 2019 7:19 PM
Nov 21, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
That was super wholesome, but fuck off with that after credits bit.
Nov 21, 2019 8:19 PM

Sep 2019
This show is so good and nobody’s talking about it
Nov 21, 2019 8:36 PM

Nov 2015
I'm pretty much only watching this show for Mitsue. I find it hilarious that she's just a 24/7 stalker, even freeloading on their bbq. She deserves a spinoff anime just about her...although I guess Watamote season 2 should happen first.
Nov 21, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Man, that was one hell of a tense match. I'm quite proud of both Maki and Toma.

Great episode this week. The animation during the first half was above decent and the insert song used (the OP theme, I think) was quite fitting as well.

As for the second half, it was nice to see that Arashi wasn't portrayed as your stereotypical "bad for the sake of being bad" kind of character. He's actually quite friendly. Really liked watching him and his antics with the rest during the BBQ.

Overall, I really liked seeing the team having some nice bonding time during these last two episodes but now, let's see what the story has for us since the atmosphere has been quite lighthearted lately.

P.S.: Lol, what's with this sudden Maki x Toma ship fever? Yuuta is the only character confirmed to be gay and has "canon" feelings for Toma yet people still ship the main duo together xD

But now seriously, why ignoring my precious son like this? :/
Nov 21, 2019 9:40 PM

Mar 2016
A good end for the match, at some point I didn't knew who to support, both teams gave all they had. I kinda expected that Arashi kid to be someone you want to get his ass kicked but nope, I mean in a game he can be annoying but other than that he looks like a good guy, really want to see him soon. One thing I didn't expect was the sensei being another 'broken' member of the club. That last scene... I don't know who the complainer may be, but my finger it's pointing at a disgraceful bastard.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 22, 2019 12:27 AM

Feb 2018
I'm happy watching those guys having funs. But realized that more sad episodes are coming.

Nov 22, 2019 1:59 AM

Nov 2019
SouthRzVa said:
P.S.: Lol, what's with this sudden Maki x Toma ship fever? Yuuta is the only character confirmed to be gay and has "canon" feelings for Toma yet people still ship the main duo together xD

Like, you don't see it.. for real?

It was obvious since the first episode. Hell, it was obvious since the first PV.

Nov 22, 2019 4:33 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, that match was exciting
They deserved to enjoy a barbecue to celebrate
Why did parents complain this is the best sports club ever
Nov 22, 2019 4:45 AM
Nov 2019
DirectorK said:
this_shit_again said:

Two reasons.

One, it's her attitude that sets most people off. Mitsue just seems to be there because she's got nothing better to do and she strikes me as one of those people who just lives for the moment. Like she was expecting Maki and Touma to lose badly so she could sit there and laugh about it but came away disappointed. Maybe her backstory might give us some closure on her character but it's a bit too late for that now that we're in the second half of this series.

The second reason is that in terms of plot she's practically served no purpose to the story. She's just there because the writer put her there. It's the second half of the series and we've been given no reason to care about her. Again, maybe her backstory might change but at this point I'm not sure if it's going to do much for her character.

I'm pretty sure she fancies Maki and that's why she sticks around the club (much like the manager who has a crush on Shinjou). She only said she hoped to see the team lose because that's how she is - a tsundere. Also right after she said it, she made a subdued celebratory gesture, so she definitely was happy to see 'her' boys hold their own.

On another note, I kinda wish they changed their little dance. (Though I admire their courage to pull it off in public. :))
Their off-court friendliness with their rival (and one that had seemed like an utter jerk!) reminds me of Haikyuu. I'm digging this show.^^
littlecrisisNov 22, 2019 5:24 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

238 by thatguyevan »»
Apr 11, 9:46 PM

» "Special Fan Movie" Has Been Released

zamandzoe - May 20, 2020

22 by quietkun27 »»
Feb 23, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Hoshiai no Sora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

130 by Limi »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:31 AM

» Continuation...

Kurdo - Apr 19, 2021

19 by DmonHiro »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:48 PM

» Some scenes missing in Crunchyroll?

KYSmequick - Oct 15, 2023

3 by heelyfrog »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.