Forum Settings
Forums

what’s the youngest you could imagine being married?

New
Sep 14, 2019 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
imagine being married at 18-22 wtf
like how do people even do that shit.
not judging or anything, but man..
you gotta have a lot of courage or be a solid human being to commit so young

the youngest i could see myself getting married is 35 LOL
that is, if i do even marry.
marriage seems like a huge meme. ew, i don’t want to be stuck with someone till the day i die
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 14, 2019 2:09 PM

Oct 2014
idk my parents married at 19 each so it doesn't seem that weird to me
but I'm older now and haven't even been in a relationship let alone getting married
Sep 14, 2019 2:11 PM

Oct 2012
I got married when I was 19... I don't regret it. It was love. However, it was not my great love. I got divorced after a bit.
But hey, an experience is an experience.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Sep 14, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
A world in which people, including me, are married before they are even born by their parents is quite within my capability to imagine.
Sep 14, 2019 2:15 PM

May 2016
Im 20 now so somewhere around 22 to 23 probably
Sep 14, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Marriage is something I will avoid, thank you very much.
Sep 14, 2019 2:23 PM
Feb 2017
Since almost everyone are complete fools they think marriage is easy and divorce is an easy way out. So honestly most people take the first sign of love as a one way path to marriage. With that in mind most people try getting married at younger ages. I think at least 25+ is a good time to get married because by that time you’ve st least finished college and have tasted what life actually is.
Sep 14, 2019 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
I got married when I was 21... divorced when I was 27. Great way to waste your life and money! this whole marriage hype/thing is overrated.
Sep 14, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2016
I can't imagine being married, full stop. No matter how you look at it, it is derived from a religious tradition and I'm an atheist. Not to mention that my spouse would be legally entitled to take half or at least a significant portion of my stuff if we decided to part, for no other justifiable reason aside from 'just because'. Yeah, no thanks. Also, unless I'm mistaken, marriage (at least as it is described in the Christian mythology observed here in the west) is designed to encourage procreation. Which is a bit of a problem considering the fact that I utterly despise children.

logopolis said:
A world in which people, including me, are married before they are even born by their parents is quite within my capability to imagine.

We live in such a world... Well, many Muslims and Hindus do at least.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Sep 14, 2019 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
I got married at 22, had two kids by the age of 27...I wouldn't recommend it.
Sep 14, 2019 4:04 PM

May 2014
Never been into the idea of marriage, so never.

If i got a boyfriend and he proposed to me, i admit i might be tempted to say yes, but i'd be fine with being engaged forever XD Though i doubt even that will happen, but hey, it's romantic to imagine. I'd just be happy enough being with someone, so getting married on top of that seems so unnecessary to me.
Sep 14, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2017
I don't plan to get married, the whole idea of marriage is uninteresting for me

Well, at least until I find someone I really love, and obvious that won't be a marriage at a church
Sep 14, 2019 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
are you talking about
c o m m i t m e n t because no siree
Sep 14, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
I'm 21 right now. I could get married at this age if I met a girl I really liked. If you're concerned about what age you are then you haven't met the right person. There's no reason to wait if you've met the right person. My parents met when my dad was 18 and my mom was 17. They got married two years later, my mom was 19 and my dad was 20, they have the strongest and healthiest marriage imaginable. When they announced getting married, everyone told them they were getting married too soon but my parents don't regret marrying young at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 5:49 PM

Feb 2008
Men should ideally get married between 25-30, and 21-25 for women. Emphasis on "ideally" and not 'required'. The younger you are, the more energy you have to raise your kids and play with them. The older you are, the more difficulty in conceiving and higher risks of autism and other mental issues. Biology is telling us to settle down in our 20's.

As a man, I'm effectively engaged and will get married around my 27th birthday.
Sep 14, 2019 5:55 PM

Mar 2019
Veronin said:
Men should ideally get married between 25-30, and 21-25 for women. Emphasis on "ideally" and not 'required'. The younger you are, the more energy you have to raise your kids and play with them. The older you are, the more difficulty in conceiving and higher risks of autism and other mental issues. Biology is telling us to settle down in our 20's.

As a man, I'm effectively engaged and will get married around my 27th birthday.

Society would benefit from encouraging people to get married at younger ages. Young, unmarried men commit crimes at a significantly higher rate than married men do. Marriage and family is the foundation upon which great societies are built but so many people today want to destroy that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2016
I don't see myself marrying at all unless they legalize polygamy and make catgirls real...

Sep 14, 2019 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
Maybe at 30 , I'm 16 now and I never had a gf so I can't imagine it being anytime sooner

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Sep 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2015
Like... 25? I don't know why, just seems like a fair number xD
Anything under that feels too early o_o;

Though I'm not even 100% sure on whether I want to get married~
Sep 14, 2019 10:18 PM

Apr 2019
30. Anything younger is a big no no
sdasdas

Sep 14, 2019 10:49 PM

Aug 2011
I can't imagine myself being married at all. I can understand why it would interest other people, but I just don't think it's the right thing for me. I like being alone way too much to share my life with someone else full time, and I also don't like the idea of giving that much of myself to someone else. That's just not something I want, ever. When I was younger, people would often tell me that I would change my mind once I got older, or once I met the right person, but I'm in my mid 30s now, and it's never come close to happening.
Sep 14, 2019 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
too late for that due to disability and other various diseases, my only wish is to at least reach age 50 im close to 40 now
Sep 15, 2019 1:59 AM
Aug 2016
If I will ever get married I would like to do so at the age of 27 or maybe even 28. That would be awesome. To be over 35 when I will get married is a no-no. I wouldn't like other kids to tell my kids ''Hey, your grandpa came to pick you up from school'', I would like kids to say ''Hey, your daddy came to pick you up, wow, you have such a young dad'', that would be nice hahaha.
Sep 15, 2019 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
Due to my parents' married life and their consequent divorce, I don't want to get married or give birth to any children. It kinda messed me up a lot when it comes to relationships.
Sep 15, 2019 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
Mid-late 20's, but only if I'm 100% sure that it's the right person.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Sep 15, 2019 3:01 AM

Sep 2018
Leave it until your 30s. Have fun in your 20s. As soon as you get married the Misses will want a sprog and that's going to make you feel like you are 40 when you have to put up with a shit smelling rugrat that never stops crying.

I am never going to get married, I could have done 3 times but even then, only 1 was a serious consideration and there so no way I could have stayed with her.
Sep 15, 2019 3:53 AM

Jul 2019
Not until I am 26-27 at least, that's for sure. Around 28 is perfect imo.

Reach for the
Stars☆

Sep 15, 2019 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
Not before I turn 30 at least. I was always the guy my friends made fun of, because I only hop from long term relationship to long term relationship since I was 14, so they say I'm not enjoying young adult life and I'll be the first one to marry. I used to think so to, but since my last relationship, an abusive one, I kind of got a bit traumatized and I'm currently afraid of getting into another long term relationship. So, I think it's something I need to work out before I can even consider marrying someone.
KosmonautSep 15, 2019 4:10 AM
Sep 15, 2019 4:34 AM

Jan 2016
Theoretically, I'd be ready to get married right now.

Practically, I don't see myself ever getting married.
Sep 15, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2009
Marriage is for cucks. Pump & Dump is the way young ones 👌
Sep 15, 2019 5:05 AM

Feb 2017
Never been in relationship before lol, probably 28 or so but I don't know I'm not really good with girls
Sep 15, 2019 5:16 AM

Dec 2016
30ish maybe, when my life's more stable, not that i'd want to get married in the first place.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 15, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2016
heg said:
too late for that due to disability and other various diseases, my only wish is to at least reach age 50 im close to 40 now

How do deseases prevent you from getting married? Idk if there is any clause in the law that says people with certain deseases cannot get married.

Sep 15, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
RandomFriday said:
heg said:

How do deseases prevent you from getting married? Idk if there is any clause in the law that says people with certain deseases cannot get married.

i remember a law here for marriage annulment about psychological incapacity so im sure my suppose wife would consider that lol
degSep 15, 2019 7:13 AM
Sep 15, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2010
I got married soon after turning 23, nothing has really changed between us in these past 3 years apart from my last name.
Sep 15, 2019 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
about me I think the youngest it's like 25-26 , but I already have a friend who is married and he did it when he did it I think 1-2 years ago so when he was 18-19 years and not because of courage or something but after a 3 years of relationship something went unplanned ( his girlfriend was pregnant) and this was the main reason why he decided to marry her at that young age.
Sep 15, 2019 9:27 AM

Dec 2018
Prolly around like 26 or sth, but ugh 26 is way too hapless. 30 would be perfect.
. . .
Sep 15, 2019 9:40 AM
Jun 2014
RandomFriday said:
heg said:

How do dseases prevent you from getting married? Idk if there is any clause in the law that says people with certain deseases cannot get married.

Probably less about laws and more of an emotional thing. In the worst case, you're marrying someone knowing your life is on a time limit much shorter than other people. The question might be "Do I want to involve another person in this?"

That said, you never know how other people feel until you ask them, and everyone deserves happiness. Get married if that's your thing.

edit: Also, I don't see myself getting married. I'm not in a place where I could make another person happy right now. Might change. Might not.
Joshua_QTSep 15, 2019 9:44 AM
Sep 15, 2019 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
I couldn't imagine being married at all.

Sep 15, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
Perhaps in a couple of years. That would be in my late 20s.
Sep 15, 2019 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
Not gonna happen, I love money more. Cohabitation could be possible, but that's also so and so.
Sep 15, 2019 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
konkelo said:
Not gonna happen, I love money more. Cohabitation could be possible, but that's also so and so.

I wouldn't even be able to do cohabitation.

I like my space and alone time. There's something called LAT(Living Apart Together), where you're exclusive to someone, but you and your partner don't live together, and you both still have your space and alone time. If I could ever be in a relationship with anyone, it would be a LAT relationship.

Sep 15, 2019 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
Seiya said:
konkelo said:

I wouldn't even be able to do cohabitation.

I like my space and alone time. There's something called LAT(Living Apart Together), where you're exclusive to someone, but you and your partner don't live together, and you both still have your space and alone time. If I could ever be in a relationship with anyone, it would be a LAT relationship.

With LAT I feel I'd be the person to fail that relationship. I really suck at keeping contact and planning together time instead of lazing around together and going outside when you feel like, it just feels better. Though I too love my alone time, but maybe that can be explained to my partner that I need moments just being alone in a room or outdoors.
Sep 15, 2019 11:15 AM

Mar 2019
QPR said:
Leave it until your 30s. Have fun in your 20s. As soon as you get married the Misses will want a sprog and that's going to make you feel like you are 40 when you have to put up with a shit smelling rugrat that never stops crying.

I am never going to get married, I could have done 3 times but even then, only 1 was a serious consideration and there so no way I could have stayed with her.

And who's to say that you can't "have fun" when you're married? On average, married individuals have better sex lives than singles do.

If women put off marriage until they are in their 30s, then they will have to accept that they will only have one or two children. Let's assume a woman gets married, exactly at the age of 30 and they immediately start trying to have a baby. It will probably take about a year for her to get pregnant which means by the time she has her baby, she will be 32. Every year past 30, women lose fertility pretty fast and it becomes especially fast after the age of 35.

If women want to have two or more kids, then it is highly recommend that they get married in their mid-late 20s.
Sep 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
I don't plan on getting married, so...
Sep 15, 2019 11:21 PM

Sep 2018
Ryuk9428 said:

And who's to say that you can't "have fun" when you're married? On average, married individuals have better sex lives than singles do.

If women put off marriage until they are in their 30s, then they will have to accept that they will only have one or two children. Let's assume a woman gets married, exactly at the age of 30 and they immediately start trying to have a baby. It will probably take about a year for her to get pregnant which means by the time she has her baby, she will be 32. Every year past 30, women lose fertility pretty fast and it becomes especially fast after the age of 35.

If women want to have two or more kids, then it is highly recommend that they get married in their mid-late 20s.

It's a good thing to have less kids, we need to cut the population or humanity will only have a few hundred years left.

You just need to look at the divorce rate which is about 50% to see people have less fun, women often change too after marriage.
Sep 15, 2019 11:36 PM

Mar 2019
QPR said:
Ryuk9428 said:

It's a good thing to have less kids, we need to cut the population or humanity will only have a few hundred years left.

You just need to look at the divorce rate which is about 50% to see people have less fun, women often change too after marriage.

The high divorce rate is because a lot of people are greedy and can't appreciate what they have.
Sep 16, 2019 12:11 AM

Oct 2018
I had a toxic relationship for a long time and just became single again. I don't want to have a relationship in the near future anymore. I want to feel freedom. So marriage? Probably never.
Sep 16, 2019 12:44 AM

Feb 2015
I still have lots of things I need to do with my life right now, so I can't see myself being married. I'm not ready to commit to that, at least yet.

Never really been in a relationship before, though there have been two instances so far where I got almost close to that.
Sep 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
I can imagine being married before I was even born...not that I'm saying I want that to be the case just that I can imagine it ..

I'd rather just have a deep meaningful relationship without worrying about too many formal labels.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Checking the date

AcbSnakeDemon - 1 hour ago

1 by cody »»
57 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

762 by Crawlie »»
2 hours ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 10 hours ago

8 by MiniSweetDessert »»
2 hours ago

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 9 hours ago

14 by Kwanthemaster »»
2 hours ago

» is 200k the limit?

YukiTheAlmighty - May 11

21 by Lucifrost »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.