Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 3:15 PM

Jan 2022
Red, Yellow and Orange: Evil
Green, Blue: Good
Don't ask how I obtained this information.
Also what is your opinion.
May 14, 3:21 PM

Sep 2016
Going by classic demon depictions it seems that red, orange and black are demonic colors.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 14, 3:41 PM

Oct 2015
It's an interesting conversation why certain colors feel more "evil" or "foreboding" (red, black) than others which feel more good and calming (green, blue, white).

Some might use cultural explanations, but I personally like evolutionary ones. There is a kind of straightforward case to be made that red is associated in the mind with blood, fire, hell, black with darkness, death whereas green would moreso make you think of nature, meadows, plants, and blue with the clear sky or the river bank.

That's why NATO flag rocks and China flag suxx :)

Auron_May 14, 3:45 PM
May 14, 3:55 PM

Feb 2024
I'd say yellow and red, perhaps leaning more towards yellow than red, conveying a sense of despair rather than rage or seduction. I've always been impressed by how they painted every scene involving Makima in Chainsaw Man, especially the one set in her room, brimming with the hues of a dying sun.

Black is a separate story: ancient masters incorporated black and gray shades into demon paintings to differentiate them from divine ones. Initially, demon paintings shared the same color palette as angelic ones, but someone found that problematic to some extent.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 14, 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
Does it matter? I dont think any color has any correlationship with good or evil...
May 14, 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Only thing demonic is that misplaced "u" in colors.
May 14, 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to removed-user
Only thing demonic is that misplaced "u" in colors.
@YungStairwell how is that demonic btw???
May 14, 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@YungStairwell how is that demonic btw???
@DesuMaiden Notice what happens when you type out "colours" on your computer. It's hit with the notorious red squiggly line. As op already said, red=evil/demonic.
May 14, 7:17 PM
Dec 2022
YungStairwell said:
@DesuMaiden Notice what happens when you type out "colours" on your computer. It's hit with the notorious red squiggly line. As op already said, red=evil/demonic.

Ah, British style spelling.... it can lead to depression and mad thoughts.
May 14, 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to MalchikRepaid
YungStairwell said:

Ah, British style spelling.... it can lead to depression and mad thoughts.
@MalchikRepaid Seriously, they can't get anything right. Have you seen their "food?"
May 14, 7:48 PM

Oct 2023
Orange and red are good colors.

What of purple?
May 14, 8:36 PM

Feb 2020
Yellow and red happens to be my favorite colors.

May 14, 8:36 PM

Jun 2020
why is red always portrayed as evil? it is the best color

May 14, 8:41 PM
Dec 2022
Dumb said:

Post-WWII Eurocentric thoughts. Not that realistic to consider in the age of the internet.
May 14, 10:16 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Colors mean different things for different cultures, for example, red symbolizing prosperity in China. My opinion is that colors are cool.
May 15, 2:53 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Dumb
@Dumb Perhaps because of bloodshed.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 15, 2:56 AM

Feb 2018
hot pink color is a bit scary i guess. why is it hot?
May 15, 5:10 AM
Aug 2018
Purple seems evil to me, but I don't know why.
May 17, 10:06 AM

Apr 2024
𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒔 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒕.
May 17, 1:42 PM

Dec 2015
Hmmmm I don't consider any color for being "demonic", especially that Red being evil was just created by Ancient Egyptians which is still used up to this day to associate the Devil/Evil with color Red.

Dumb said:

Egyptians connected Red with God Set which is an evil God in their deities. He was always portrayed of Red color because of how dangerous the red sands of deserts were for them so they started connecting the Red color with evil forces, which is also when the stereotypes and hatred towards redhair people started, as they were believed to be the cult of Set.

[Christianity and other cults/religions took it from Egyptians]
ZettaikenMay 17, 1:45 PM
May 17, 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
I dont think there are any good or evil colors tbh...
May 18, 1:52 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
I dont think there are any good or evil colors tbh...
@DesuMaiden What about numbers, huh? What do you say about numbers, hmm?? I'm really interested to know your opinions about numbers as well, 11 times in this thread, at least.
May 18, 2:37 AM
Dec 2022
I joined a Discord server for vexillology (study of flags) and flag designs. There is a running joke in terms of how crappy American state flags are and it's very rarely called "the curse of the blue color" since many state flags have blue as the main background color.

Blue is not demonic, but it's more like a cringy color of the 21st century. Unless if it's indigo. Indigo is always awesome as a color.
May 18, 3:28 AM

Jul 2012
Thanks man, now everyone's gonna look at my avatar and think I'm a demon :P

my opinion though, colours are no more or less evil than a baseball bat or a knife, it depends how someone uses it. I mean there's the Red Cross, not evil. and if Red is evil then that means people at church have a sip of evil every Sunday at communion.

On the other hand there's things like "Feeling blue" related to sadness, that ain't good.

Break the egregore :)

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 18, 11:04 AM

Feb 2016
Red, yellow, and orange are considered hot colors.
Blue, purple and green are cold.
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

» Is there any nudity in the Vinland Saga manga?

KcmcPro - 41 minutes ago

3 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

839 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

69 by Ahegyao »»
6 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - 2 hours ago

7 by Cielord »»
6 minutes ago

» Is MAL dead? ( 1 2 3 )

-Mayhem- - Nov 30, 2022

120 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.