Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 14, 2019 9:40 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's just getting funnier and funnier, this dumpsterfire is crazy entertaining.
At least Suiryu got thiccer, compared to his first appearance.
xShinigami3125May 14, 2019 11:28 AM
May 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's just getting funnier and funnier, this dumpsterfire is crazy entertaining.
At least Suiryu got thicker, compared to his first appearance.

Lol.

Anyways, it's about time Fubuki's sister Tatsumaki returned this season to kick some Monster Princess Ass. Wasn't really into the fighting for the episode but seeing Tatsumaki again is kinda refreshing.

Seems they adapted at least into chapter 65+ this episode.
Stark700May 14, 2019 10:03 AM
May 14, 2019 10:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Was it just me or was the character color palette a bit improved this time? Characters don't look like they've got a much of a suntan now, lol. Genos still comes off as cool af despite the animation quality. Must be the music XD

RIP, he shouldn't have touched Saitama's wig. That's pretty much asking for a K.O. right there. You know, that Genos fight looked pretty decent and it would've looked even better if Genos had his shirt on so we didn't have to look at that godawful metal gradient. Also Fubuki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Koyasu Takehito voices a nobody in the after ED scene XD

At this point, I'm just questioning some of the director's choices. Why does this episode have more good animation cuts than Garou vs. Metal Bat? In every way, this episode was better than the last. Even the direction was okay and the storyboarding was decent. Other than EP 3, this episode doesn't use much panning shots.
May 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2018
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Was it just me or was the character color palette a bit improved this time? Characters don't look like they've got a much of a suntan now, lol. Genos still comes off as cool af despite the animation quality. Must be the music XD

RIP, he shouldn't have touched Saitama's wig. That's pretty much asking for a K.O. right there. You know, that Genos fight looked pretty decent and it would've looked even better if Genos had his shirt on so we didn't have to look at that godawful metal gradient. Also Fubuki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Koyasu Takehito voices a nobody in the after ED scene XD

At this point, I'm just questioning some of the director's choices. Why does this episode have more good animation cuts than Garou vs. Metal Bat? In every way, this episode was better than the last. Even the direction was okay and the storyboarding was decent. Other than EP 3, this episode doesn't use much panning shots.

Probably because this time, the one guy who can animate on the entire team, was helping again xd
May 14, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2018
Why are you doing this to OPM, JC Staff? It deserves better.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 14, 2019 10:41 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, why did cockroach dude V Genos looked decent while Metal bat V Garou got murdered?
That chik Fubuki was fighting was beautifully thicc as hell.
Fubuki V thicc sadistic monster girl was boring, it was all stills with camera effects.
That being said the only decent cut that I noticed was cockroach man V Genos, others were meh.
May 14, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
This cant just be me, but this episode had the worst quality so far in my opinion
May 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode.

Nice to see Tatsumaki again.

May 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Jan 2009
Suiryu's survival of the fittest (the strong shall live and the weak shall die) mentality is here

HisokaxMeruem said:
This cant just be me, but this episode had the worst quality so far in my opinion

actually there are lots of sakuga fights in this episode though, its just that the still shots/frames are not corrected by the animation directors much and those still shots are usually more noticeable

May 14, 2019 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
A little bit sad because no Garo this week.
May 14, 2019 11:31 AM

May 2013
Gyoro Gyoro supposed to be a female, but she has a male voice. WTF?!
May 14, 2019 11:31 AM

Feb 2018
Nice episode, great to tatsumaki again poor genos keeps getting rekt against very strong opponents.
May 14, 2019 11:32 AM
Feb 2019
What's up with geno's neck in this episode?
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
May 14, 2019 11:35 AM
Oct 2017
MattUzumaki said:

Agree. Gyoro Gyoro is female but not in this spinoff. I don't count this anime as canon anymore.
May 14, 2019 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, only the cockroach vs Genos fight was entertaining. And Gyoro Gyoro is a she. Why did they hire Takehito Koyasu to voice her? At this point, I'm pretty sure those guys didn't even bother to read the manga they are supposed to adapt.
May 14, 2019 11:40 AM

Aug 2017
Much better quality than the last one so I'm pretty happy but still sad.
May 14, 2019 11:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Didn't even notice that was supposed to be Gyoro Gyoro at the end because I dismissed it as otherwise because of the male voice. That's, uh, strange, but if it's still considered to be female in the anime, then that male voice voice just makes it funnier.
May 14, 2019 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Man the voice acting felt really off to me. Tatsumaki just sounds lousy and I'm not really convinced about the choice for Gyoro Gyoro and Lord Orochi. It should be a lot more menacing, dammit!

Genos vs. Gokiburi was an enjoyable fight, and Suiryu's two fights were adapted nicely. I was waiting for that scene where they showed Saitama in the toilet and Suiryu talked about the strong will survive thingy. That was funny.
May 14, 2019 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
I feel like the animation improved a bit, but the detail and art got worse. I'm not sure what I'd rather have though, to be honest. Also, Genos looked a little less awful than usual (or maybe I'm just more used to it.) Thankfully, we got the best animation we've seen all season - the flashback to season one hahaha.

I'm hoping the animation improves a bit for the last few episodes. If it ends where I think it'll end, and they mess that scene up, I'll be pissed.
May 14, 2019 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
I haven't seen a single gut go flying around this season.
May 14, 2019 12:17 PM

Sep 2018
MattUzumaki said:
May 14, 2019 12:18 PM
May 2010
It's so bad... Really worse then before. When I saw Genos in it I thought some child draw him.
May 14, 2019 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
On one hand, we got some sweet Genos clips.
On the other hand, Tatsumaki's "funny" scene was weird as hell.

JC Staff can't do the "ONE-style drawings" joke well, can they...
May 14, 2019 12:28 PM
Apr 2016
At first the animation was good, above average, the more episodes came out, the more it degraded...this is so disappointing, this episode was horrid. Why is the motion-like effect so overused whenever there's a fact-movement moment? It's so ugly when used so frequently. Well, nearly nothing happened this episode.
May 14, 2019 12:53 PM
Apr 2019
i think this episode was good it's improved than episode 5, but RIP sound fx , RIP genos epic fight :((( at least color pallets has increased
as usual, too many cut if we compare to manga.

i thought " 3 / 5 " was enough
May 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Apr 2015
aaaaaa I already want to see the final tournament fight
May 14, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 2019
sunako1006 said:
It's so bad... Really worse then before. When I saw Genos in it I thought some child draw him.
axel360 said:
Why are you doing this to OPM, JC Staff? It deserves better.

i feel it, disappointing right?
masterpieces only season 1
May 14, 2019 1:01 PM
Sep 2017
At least some action in this episode but still the tournament is the most boring thing in this season so far , the characters are dissapointing and their moves are boring . Also isnt Garou the main villain in this season why doesnt he show up once in this episode ?
May 14, 2019 1:10 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Seeing Tatsumaki and Fubuki together again was pretty nice. I'm finding the whole tournament bit pretty boring to be honest,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2019 1:20 PM
Mar 2019
Farabeuf said:
Seeing Tatsumaki and Fubuki together again was pretty nice. I'm finding the whole tournament bit pretty boring to be honest,

Same, I think its cause jc is just focusing on the dialogue and not the actual action, which is the point of a tournament arc in anime, to give a good mixture of both
May 14, 2019 1:25 PM
Jan 2016
Boring. That's pretty much all I have to say about this episode, it was simply boring.
May 14, 2019 1:26 PM
Mar 2019
RayReynolds said:
I'll leave it here, the truth is that the address ended up bored me and the story is so not interesting to keep an eye on it, the truth is not the anime as bad as it pretended to be, because of Jc staff, but does end up being something worse, jc staff what he returned in an anime totally forgettable as if his existence did not matter in the least, at least if it were so bad would give to talk about this as it was SAO or shield hero.

Can..you rephrase that? English probably isnt your first language but I had a hard time understanding
May 14, 2019 1:28 PM
Nov 2016
For those who only watch the anime and don't know japanese, at 18:21 the bodies against the building spell ashidematoi, which is a japanese expression referring to someone who is a burden or hindrance and holds you back.
May 14, 2019 1:38 PM
Apr 2019
Ugly drawings , ugly colors , ugly animation
May 14, 2019 1:39 PM
Dec 2017
MattUzumaki said:
she has a male voice when controlling her puppet. Thats why the monsters in the webcomic didn’t know she was female until she revealed herself
May 14, 2019 1:40 PM
May 14, 2019 1:43 PM
Dec 2017
genos vas cockroach man was good. Decent amount of sakuga. Everything else was pretty bad like usual and why did they add fire to saitama’s punch? And sourface looked like his whole head was vibrating lmao
May 14, 2019 1:55 PM
Dec 2014
Wow... this is really bad.

Worst episode of this season. Getting so bored I might not be seeing this finish.
May 14, 2019 1:56 PM
Jun 2016
If the Genos vs Cockroach animation level was same in the previous episode Metal bat vs Garou, It would have been better. Nice episode to be honest! Can't wait for next week episode.
May 14, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
I had to laugh when they showed Saitama on the toilet near the end of the episode, as he misses another fight that he should be watching. XD

But honestly, the fights in the tournament feel rushed and lacking, apart from the ones that have Suiryu in. He's all smiles, but he doesn't hesitate to call Max and Snek weak heroes and easily whoops them in one hit. I think it's obvious that he'll be fighting Saitama at this rate so I hope that happens soon.

On a more critical note, the only fight that had some good animation was Genos' fight against the cocky cockroach. It was short, but it looked pretty good. The other monsters fights were lacking again, although Fubuki's triggered moment looked good, too.

And, of course, we also see the return of Tatsumaki who makes quick work of the brainwashed men before flying off. Her time was short, but it was pretty amusing nonetheless.

Overall, while I liked this episode more than the previous one, it can still be better on an animation and visual quality point of view. That message has been mentioned to death for most of the previous episodes and I think it'll be the case again next week until we get to a big fight soon enough.
May 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2016
I guess the long haired guy is One Kick Man. He is so similar to—yet the complete opposite of—Saitama.

Poor Genos, he missed his sensei's match. Hope he gets to witness the fight that the anime is building up towards.
May 14, 2019 2:29 PM
Apr 2016
Again, amazing episode, the focus shifts a little with how strained the hero society (which is full of hero-wanna-bees and worthless bureaucrats) gets when faced against a planned, coordinated assault by monsters... and that's about as relevant as I can say about the topic. But once again the series does outstanding work with side characters, giving them almost unparalleled depth as actual people, not just inserts that serve their purpose in the narrative once.

BlindSniper said:

Worst episode of this season. Getting so bored I might not be seeing this finish.

Hey, it's a me, your friendly educated and developed forum user, with a piece of advice! To avoid sounding like a loudmouth next time you could actually add some essence to your message, like actual points that you strongly seem to believe make this episode the worst one. Otherwise no one is going to listen to you, which renders the whole point of commentary void. No one, except me. Because I have an infinite amount of pity and compassion.
nanidatosama97 said:
RayReynolds said:
I'll leave it here, the truth is that the address ended up bored me and the story is so not interesting to keep an eye on it, the truth is not the anime as bad as it pretended to be, because of Jc staff, but does end up being something worse, jc staff what he returned in an anime totally forgettable as if his existence did not matter in the least, at least if it were so bad would give to talk about this as it was SAO or shield hero.

Can..you rephrase that? English probably isnt your first language but I had a hard time understanding

I... I don't think anyone needs that. Better just... yeah.
Farabeuf said:

But what about the Snek hero, who was faced with an existential crisis since the whole series began, and is now seeking to improve himself to be able to protect people against ever-evolving monsters. Is there a reason you found that call-back with a genuine inner monologue "boring"? Were you not entertained?
Daniel_NaumovMay 14, 2019 2:38 PM
Re:formed
May 14, 2019 2:32 PM
Feb 2009
the highlight of this episode for me is when Saitama is fixing his robes
May 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Mar 2018
I haven't seen the episode yet. Is the art and animation good this episode?
Evangelion is shit
May 14, 2019 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
It was an enjoyable episode for me. Liked seeing Suiryu kicking some ass, even tho I think it's just a matter of time before he gets wrecked and Tatsumaki is as cute as always :P Moreover, I'm hyped for what's to come, primarily to see Orochi in action.

Oh and Saitama taking a dump was pretty lol worthy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2019 2:40 PM
May 2016
How did they manage to cut short Fubuki's big fucking moment and skimped out on so much stuff this time round? This pacing is a mess, the editing is god-awful, and the one saving grace was this fucking madman being worked to death to practically carry this season. https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/77850 God damn fuck J.C. staff and their ridiculous scheduling, it's so clear just how bad of a job they've done with this production so far.
Apr 2016
PsychoEkin said:
I haven't seen the episode yet. Is the art and animation good this episode?

If that is the only reason you are going through this series, you might want to reconsider it. After all, why waste time on something that you don't even try to fathom, and just look through moving pictures? There is a lot of extremely well animated violence out there either way, with no mental capabilities required to consume.
Re:formed

Oct 2010
I'm confused. They were calling Tatsumaki "imouto" for a few lines and the suddenly she was "ane". It wasn't a subtitle issue, they said those words. Was the succubus just mistaken and thought Tatsumaki was younger cuz she's pettanko?
May 14, 2019 2:43 PM
Jan 2019
This episode had it all: Great fights, funny scenes, some drama and important revelations.
I had a laugh and surprised the whole episode 😂.
1.Suiryu seems to me an arrogant boy. I can not wait for him to fight with Saitama, if he does.
I felt some pity for Snake, underestimate it. I admire the vocation that has to protect those who can not protect themselves.
2. I can not believe that Genos's super-developed secret weapon is instant glue. LOL. Some monsters of this anime have an absurd appearance, but very funny as the Cockroach 😂.
It's a shame that Genos lost. We will see how strong is the monster that beat him because he is heading to the tournament. It will be interesing.
3. I repeated the Saitama combat scene about 5 times. I kept laughing with that fist to heaven. The reaction of Sour Face is everything. LOL 😂.
Saitama loses the combats while he is in the bathroom. That ate? xD.
4.It is funny that the Sadistic Queen will think that Tatsumaki was the younger sister and Fubuki the older one when it is the opposite, but I do not blame her, many think it 😂.
What the hell with the deformed animation of Tatsumaki? LOL.
5. I hope to see Puri-Puri Prisoner in action xD.
6. I think I can not stand the thrill of seeing, possibly, in the next episode, Garou's fight against Whatdog Man. Finally, I'll see how strong the Dog Man is and why he deserves to be among the 10 best heroes of the lessons.
7. Three Class S Heroes have been defeated by monsters, 4 if we count Tank Top Master. The situation gets difficult.
We already know who will be the final boss, the "King of Monsters", Orochi.
Wait ... Did that monster say they had not deployed their strongest monsters? Well, they have Saitama. No problem xD

Now the cool thing comes. Until next week.
May 14, 2019 2:45 PM
May 2016
BlindSniper said:

For you and others who're bored of this season I really, REALLY recommend you read the manga. It's a night and day comparison, the manga is not only extremely detailed with some of the most gorgeous art I've ever seen in a manga but everything is paced far better, the action is genuinely far more impactful and better-conveyed in the manga and is at some points actually better "animated" too. It's seriously worth the read, I don't want this trainwreck of an adaptation to scare off people considering this season is when the manga starts to get really good.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

391 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 9, 10:36 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

369 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 4, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

582 by FedeMetal »»
Jun 3, 8:55 PM

» Saitama an alien??

rikuhod - Jan 10, 2017

28 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 6:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.