Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Geez, Natsuo just had to let out that scream...

Hina's decision to transfer school is something I definitely expected her to do and it's ridiculous. So yeah, for the sake of drama, this show's final episode didn't really make anything better than what it had set up this whole time. Such a shame.

This anime really ended up being very disappointing. On the other hand, at least Rui got some more screen time in the finale. I like her much better than Hina.
Mar 29, 2019 10:20 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that the torture is over....

This show is shit. The OP is better than the anime. 3/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2018
After the relationship was discovered Hina decided to move, on the other hand Natsuo seemed very sad about what had happened. In the last scene Natsuo mistakenly thinks that what he hugs is Rui who is disguised as Hina.
Mar 29, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2017
okay, they ended on a bittersweet note with an open ending. Hina leaving the school, Natsuo winning the award, yet yearning for Hina and Rui comforting him

ngl, this adaptation was pretty shit. i mean, the manga is pretty fucking long and they had no way of adapting even half of it, but goddamn they crammed this shit so tightly. all the side-characters were just cut-off and the pace was just fucking garbage

oh well, as they say - read the mango. 4/10 overall
Mar 29, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2016
Meh. What I only love on this anime was the OP lmao. I read the manga of this until the latest chapter fyi ┐( ̄ヘ ̄;)┌ still natsuo x rui but manga became shit tbh.

FINALLY OVER, no need for season 2 XD
Mar 29, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2019
uninstallthegame said:
. all the side-characters were just cut-off and the pace was just fucking garbage

I'm glad...the part about the girl vandalizing the Literature Club's book wasn't needed. The part about Al and Rui on the school trip was just something in there to piss people off...and Al is just a horrible character all around.
Mar 29, 2019 11:43 AM

Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:

the anime adaptation really was shit if im honest but the manga is whats great about this series
Mar 29, 2019 11:45 AM

Nov 2016
The ending wasn't too bad and Natsuo best boy this season.

It was so-so overall. I wanted to like this series, but I still have mixed feelings.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2017
So this shit is over. Only nice part was cafe owner's story.
Fuckboy got award as well.

It was 4/10 for me

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 29, 2019 11:54 AM

Jul 2015
This is one of those shows where having read the manga made me hope the anime would go with an original story... but they didn't lmao
Mar 29, 2019 11:59 AM
Jan 2014
What a train wreck. They cut out so much to the point where a second season is impossible.
Mar 29, 2019 12:02 PM

May 2014
Show was spicy, and pretty entertaining. The reactions it got out of my friend and I watching it were hilarious

7/10
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Mar 29, 2019 12:05 PM

Apr 2017
Started strong, but this series is an overall disappointment. The OP is 100% the best part of this show. The manga is one of my favorites and they just blazed through the Hina stuff and left out any other content that added to the overall story. I highly recommend the manga to anyone who hasn't read it.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Mar 29, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2018
Unfortunately, these kind of endings are only fiction. In reality you keep sinking in despair and misery, even when you're heading towards your dream carreer. Been there, done that. The only thing I will remember from this anime will be because of the BANGER of an opening song. Rui still best girl, somehow.

Maybe I'll should read the manga one day. Just for the full spicy story we apparently didn't get . ;-C
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 29, 2019 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
It finally over.

Overall, an average show. The only thing I loved about this show was the OP and ED. 5/10

Mar 29, 2019 12:39 PM

Feb 2018
Ugh boy yikes even their parents found about them, him writing a novel and winning an award after that shit feels like a bs plotline. I'm beginning to see why manga readers call this a shitshow.

I will read the manga just to see how shitty it gets
Mar 29, 2019 12:52 PM

Jan 2018
Finally it's over. I heard that the manga is better but, damn. The OP was the highlight of this show.

Mar 29, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2016
What a big pile of nothing, you could watch episode 1 and episode 12 and you would still understand everything lmao.

3/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 29, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2015
I'll give it one bonus point for Rui and her straightforwardness. Otherwise what was the point, lol.
2/10

Also, they should have made full-story about this guy, imagine all the drama unfold.

With all the yakuza background and sad gay romance still probably would be much more believable and interesting than all the nonsense we got instead.
Mar 29, 2019 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, glad that ended. Anyone who's interested in the story should check out the manga, it has its own issues but at least Sasuga Kei, the author knows how to pace a story. The anime was a very bad and boring adaptation. The first episode looked promising and I actually liked the character designs in the anime but it got painful later on.
Mar 29, 2019 1:32 PM

Mar 2012
Relations can be difficult, especially when they happen where they should not be, but well man is only a human being and will not overcome feelings.
Anime was bearable but probably its best side was OP.

Score: 6/10
Mar 29, 2019 1:33 PM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned
Please refrain from posting if you haven't watched the anime or the episode.

Also, as a reminder:
Single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode") do not contribute nor promote discussion and will be removed without notice.
Mar 29, 2019 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
There goes my weekly dosis of melodrama... As questionable the quality of the plot of the series may had been, I would lie if I say it wasn't addictive. Gonna miss this show a lot. At least it ended more or less well.
Mar 29, 2019 1:40 PM

Sep 2018
edgy shit show that was enjoyable

4.5/10 Animation was not bad,Op and Ed where quite good,Story and Characters where questionable but it was enjoyable

Note: i actually read the Manga and....oh boy it actually is something i guess...its not as shitty as the a bit rushed anime but it actually develops its Characters in one way or another so i gues i would recommend it to everyone who would like to consume a trash but addictive Melodrama with maybe a bit of insect
-Mullerio-Mar 29, 2019 1:56 PM
Mar 29, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
So...Gigguk was basically right about this. The anime was really subpar but the manga at least makes it somewhat interesting.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 29, 2019 1:59 PM

Apr 2017
Yorakirro said:
Started strong, but this series is an overall disappointment. The OP is 100% the best part of this show.

Fully agreed, a very sad disappointment. I don't know the manga but even I could tell the skipping content and rushing really made a promising and intriguing story just bleh. :/
Mar 29, 2019 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
"Art is born of sadness and suffering." The perfect quote for this episode, and someone who can turn his sorrow into art has the potential of a true artist.

I loved the heck out of this episode, it completely delivered! Props to Sasuga Kei for particularly putting in this much attention to Natsuo's evolution more so than any other romance anime/manga I saw(well, GE's one was decent as well considering it was her work too, but not to this level), where they're usually fairly cookie-cutter MCs. Having your MC be an aspiring artist, especially a novelist author, probably helps quite a bit in achieving that.

Managing to end up on such a hopeful note after what I was expecting with last week's ending was also a nice touch. The one that got the short end of it all is Hina, who played a rather sacrificial role in all this, leaving her beloved school for another(hopefully it's a decent place too) and moving further away from her loved ones...feelsbadman..

Time to dig into that manga, but for now imma savour this hopeful ending just for a bit:)
ManlyTearMar 29, 2019 2:23 PM
Mar 29, 2019 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
7/10. Felt good for the most of the time. Only at the end it was a bit rushed. (From the moment Hina left until he won that award ... should have taken at least 2-3 episodes for that.)

A ton better than Kuzu no Honkai (which really bad at emotional scenes) - the main problem here was that the wrong girl got the love of the guy. Felt bad to see Rui suffer. But then again from the guy's perspective it was nice to see his development and in the future (I don't know about the manga) it might develop in other directions. (I hope he and Hina will stay friends and maybe some love with Rui.)
Mar 29, 2019 2:21 PM

Mar 2017
As a manga reader, i thought the ending of this season wasn't adapted very well. It felt like they just completely rushed Hina and Natsuo's relationship which made it so hollow in the end. I hope there will be another season but they need to slow the pacing a bit!
Mar 29, 2019 2:34 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I didn't find it too bad and I quite enjoyed it but there were quite a few obvious flaws and things that angered me. I'll probably go read the manga after this.
Mar 29, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
kater_tot said:
As a manga reader, i thought the ending of this season wasn't adapted very well. It felt like they just completely rushed Hina and Natsuo's relationship which made it so hollow in the end. I hope there will be another season but they need to slow the pacing a bit!

It got the point of Natsuo's evolution across though, which for a 12 ep anime, is pretty good. After filling in each weekly ep with skipped chapters, one has to realize there's just no way the details,even fairly important ones(like certain other events during their trip for instance), will be adapted. The anime focused more on Yui earlier and on Hina later, but at the end of the day it the anime was mostly "Natsuo's story" more than "Natsuo,Hina & Rui's story", which to be fair, this last ep could've failed at, but it actually pulled it off.
Mar 29, 2019 3:05 PM
Aug 2018
Alright show, heard that it didn't do justice to the manga and that the manga is way better. Don't really care about how well it fairs compared to the manga, as a stand-alone show (without the manga as an external influence) is was fine. Natsuo made me want to gouge my eyes out though; probably one of the most frustrating MC's of all time.
Mar 29, 2019 3:06 PM
Feb 2019
eb2 said:
Nurguburu said:

the anime adaptation really was shit if im honest but the manga is whats great about this series

What you said, the manga is really good, the anime skipped so many important things that it just feel so rush and forced.
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 29, 2019 3:25 PM
May 2015
TEAM RUI SISTERFUCKERS YEAH
Mar 29, 2019 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
This show has been very interesting and for the most part, good. The last two episode's pacing has been far too quick, but it was able to get its message across decently well. Hina did play a sacrificial role here, but it was for the best for her and Natsuo.

As for Rui, it looks like she really wants to win over Natsuo's heart and go out with him. Their parents were able to stay strong and be supportive for Hina and Natsuo after they found out the truth, but could they handle it the second time if they catch out Natsuo and Rui? Who knows...

Either way, I enjoyed this series and I definitely will check out the manga. I'll thank Gigguk for that another time! =P

7/10, mainly thanks to the excellent OP song and good visual quality.
Mar 29, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2015
This adaptation is garbage. Just straight up ass cheeks. I've never seen such a rushed story before. They completely sucked all of the life out of the manga. All of the tension. All of the emotion. All of the character development. Just gone. There's literally no reason to care about anything or anyone as an anime-only viewer. They gave you no fucking reason to! God this is frustrating. Honestly one of the worst anime I've ever seen. 3/10

I suggest to everyone, even those that hated this show, PLEASE READ THE MANGA. The anime doesn't capture the essence of the manga in the slightest. There's a night and day difference between the two.

Mar 29, 2019 3:44 PM
Feb 2019
This episode was quite good. Definently wasn't expecting Rui to be dressed as hina then kiss, that felt random.But will definently read the manga now the anime is finished. Apparently manga is alot better. Although this will be my first manga that im going to try finish so hopefully it doesn't take to long.
Mar 29, 2019 3:56 PM
Mar 2019
Why hina why did you break natsuo heart again
Mar 29, 2019 3:59 PM
Aug 2018
Anime adaptation of the manga was bad ngl, especially the last 2 episodes which skipped and rushed a lot of important stuff in the manga. Manga also had more emotion and feelings to the events that happend too. Overall manga is actually really good, 10/10 ign, definitely a must read
Mar 29, 2019 4:07 PM
Aug 2018
Naewanz said:
This episode was quite good. Definently wasn't expecting Rui to be dressed as hina then kiss, that felt random.But will definently read the manga now the anime is finished. Apparently manga is alot better. Although this will be my first manga that im going to try finish so hopefully it doesn't take to long.
It was also my first manga that i actually read and i got hooked on to it a lott. although its a bit long, you wont even realize how much chapters youve finished already
Mar 29, 2019 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
Wait... that was it?

The ending caught me off guard, not because there's anything surprising but because there is no send off. It wasn't even a transition, just a regular scene and then boom the credit rolls.

Anyhow, what have we learned from this ending? That it's ok to fuck your sister, but not ok to fuck your sister who's also your teacher? I thought Hina was prepared to face the worst when she started the relationship, but nope, two people find out and she's already given up. Lady, haven't you talked about marrying Natsuo literally last episode? Couldn't you just wait a few years for him to graduate?
Mar 29, 2019 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
Ending is somewhat disappointing... now time to read the manga I suppose! (whenever I have time for it)
Mar 29, 2019 4:32 PM

Mar 2016
This was guilty pleasure show to me so i liked it, but last episode was pretty meh. Also wtf Natsuo won a lot of money
Mar 29, 2019 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
Weird Hina didn't get fired and just got transferred lol. If she's no longer Natsuo's teacher, then there is no problem with them dating anymore (except they are step-siblings, but other people don't know so).

Well, this anime had tons of problems, but it was entertaining, which is the most important point.

6.5/10

PS: As always, it is entertaining to see the elite manga readers being overly harsh and focus on the negatives.

Mar 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Nov 2011
That scream was 100 LOL

In case anyone needs any extra incentive to read the manga. That moment at the end with Rui and Natsuo...SHE BUTT ASS NAKED IN THE MANGA!!!

JUS SAYIN

6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2019 5:00 PM

Apr 2018
Why are so many people hating this? I fucking loved it and will definetly check out the manga.
Mar 29, 2019 5:06 PM

Nov 2017
Interesting final episode. Hina decided to go mature for once and made a wise decision. Natsuo finaly wrote a novel from his heart and feelings and won. His reaction when he found out he was 1st place is priceless and I would’ve reacted the same way. I also knew it was Rui with Hina hair because no way Hina would just suddenly be there. Now it seems Rui has some trouble with disliking Natsuo and is once again ready for another hot night...

A very interesting and enjoyable anime with lots of drama and emotions. The art and music were great! Overall 7/10

plz @ me
Mar 29, 2019 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
it was really bad but somehow I didn't end up hating it. it was a 3/10 for me but now I think it's a 6/10 somehow.
Mar 29, 2019 5:10 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I don't even know what to think about this anime. It's entertaining yet so triggering and stupid. Well at least his relationship with Hina came back to bite him as it was always going to so I'm glad they didn't worm their way out of that hole. Kind of an annoying cliffhanger to just stop the anime at though, but I guess that's how you pick up potential manga readers
Mar 29, 2019 5:12 PM

Mar 2017
ManlyTear said:
kater_tot said:

It got the point of Natsuo's evolution across though, which for a 12 ep anime, is pretty good. After filling in each weekly ep with skipped chapters, one has to realize there's just no way the details,even fairly important ones(like certain other events during their trip for instance), will be adapted. The anime focused more on Yui earlier and on Hina later, but at the end of the day it the anime was mostly "Natsuo's story" more than "Natsuo,Hina & Rui's story", which to be fair, this last ep could've failed at, but it actually pulled it off.

I totally get what u mean but i feel like they should have focused more on Hina for this season because her and Natsuo's relationship is more important than his and Rui's at first. Also, i think the last episode was really good. It perfectly portrayed Natsuo's broken heart and building himself back up again.

Overall, i actually think it was a good anime!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Yesterday, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Yesterday, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 9:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.