Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2018 10:03 PM

Oct 2010
immaphilosopha said:
Usagi said:

Medical expenses are only a very small part of the reason, it's just the most personal.

Freedom to what? Own a gun? Can't say I'm interested in that. America doesn't offer very much freedom at all, even more so if you're black. I could think of numerous other countries I would rather live in. I'll be respectful to our home when it isn't the land of greed and ignorance.

Your freedom to think, act and speak without outside coercion, your freedom to pursue any economic or social status, your freedom of a private self and your ability to be a diverse and equal individual. You don't have to own a gun to see your freedoms in action, but you're probably aren't interested in any of that either.

None of those things are unique to America alone, and some of them aren't even true in practice (such as equality for all).
Oct 15, 2018 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
No, because there would be a risk that I would die in the process. And that's just something I'm not willing to do.
Oct 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Aug 2014
A country is an abstract concept. Why on Earth would I die for something that technically isn't even real?!
Oct 15, 2018 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
immaphilosopha said:

Your freedom to think, act and speak without outside coercion, your freedom to pursue any economic or social status, your freedom of a private self and your ability to be a diverse and equal individual. You don't have to own a gun to see your freedoms in action, but you're probably aren't interested in any of that either.

None of those things are unique to America alone, and some of them aren't even true in practice (such as equality for all).

But all of them together is unique. Equality is definitely true. Just because racism exist doesn't mean said victims aren't equal members of our society.
Oct 15, 2018 10:22 PM

Oct 2015
not really... i wouldn't die for this shit country...
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Oct 15, 2018 10:44 PM

Oct 2017
ezlord said:
traed said:

Basically my logic is the US has a powerful enough and large enough military I don't need involved. I wouldn't want to do anything against my own morals and I can't do that under US command because i wouldn't be given the truth or right to reject command.. If the US was ever taken over it either would be an improvement or the large US population would change or overthrow this new government and it should in theory be better than what it was previously. Whether a war or a civil war leads to more loss of life is hard to say but the overall result I think could do more good for both nations and being that so many countries with ability to take over US are democracies a civil war might not even be necessary in event of takeover of a country that makes things suck more.

With all due respect, I am not sure which country u think is suitable to overthrow our country, personally I wouldn't like the idea of China or Russia taking over for us and forget the Middle East. Their ideals clash with the founding American ideals of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness theory.
I think Northern European countries taking over won't be a bad idea, however their ideals won't work in out large heterogenous populations. Current western nations such as Germany and Uk are bound to be trampled by Islamic ideals in the next couple decades, it's only a matter of time, plus with leaders like Merkel and my French boi in France, leading Americans would cause more issues with their hella left wing p.c agenda.
Forget South America or the third world countries such as india and such, they don't stand a chance and even if they did, their current regimes already prove how loserish their governments are. Incapable leadership is the start of a doomed nation. America was blessed with great leaders, with of course awklodgement given to their flaws.
I understand what u mean by not wanting to be commanded by the US military etc.
But I think ur being highly optimistic if you think we would be better off with another nation taking over as I don't see any current standing nation more capabke than ourselves than handling our own issues. That's why I'm unsure why u think that another nation (if capable) is better off taking over us to solve our issues when I fail to see any current countries good enough to improvise our issues as it is.

I don't really care about loss of human life, as sacrifices are necessary for an eventual greater good. But they always say u gotta solve ur own issues first and not let others solve it for u, or the same mistakes repeat.
We are still a child nation compared to other nations, yet we have come this far. It may take decades or centuries for us to come out of our social and political issues, but that is the case with all counties. Not to mention many countries are LEAGUES behind when it comes to social and political issues. ex. Gay rights, racism towards blacks and women's rights.
I see the U.S as the best country in terms of opportunity but i would consider Australia,Canada and New Zealand in terms of equality and good government and they're less chaotic than the U.K.and U.S
You're completely right the U.S is better than Russia or China taking over,i can't imagine a scenario without the U.S being the leading nation worth of protection.
Fate_Saber88Oct 15, 2018 10:50 PM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Oct 15, 2018 11:07 PM

Feb 2014
No. I wouldnt die for people i dont know i think, and even less just for the name of my country.
Oct 15, 2018 11:31 PM

Sep 2018
Depends the conditions and for what reason!
Oct 16, 2018 1:17 AM

Apr 2010
Didn't take too long to decide.

My answer is a no, I wouldn't.
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
Oct 16, 2018 1:20 AM

Oct 2018
I hope it won't have to come to that but yes - if needed. I will do what is necessary to protect the ones I care about.
Oct 16, 2018 1:25 AM

Mar 2016
my country, the racist, homophobe, xenophobe, minority hating assholes which are still stuck in the communist phase from fucking 20 years ago who disrespect the communities me and my family are a part of?
ah, yeah, i'd love to die for them
Oct 16, 2018 2:55 AM

Aug 2018
Not sure honestly I wouldn't go alone that's for sure xd
Oct 16, 2018 3:48 AM

May 2014
fuck no, I'd rather join some American militia bit funny that leftists and nationalists/libertarians both hate the US military lol, I'm not fighting wars for Israel, if I were forced then I'd hope Russia and China win.
Oct 16, 2018 3:54 AM
Jul 2018
hell no don't even get me started on how much i dislike my country
Oct 16, 2018 3:54 AM

Apr 2016
Hatred said:
hell no don't even get me started on how much i dislike my country

What ? But SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No ? okay, nevermind then.
Oct 16, 2018 4:49 AM

Feb 2015
No point, since my country already died years ago. R.I.P. Sweden.
Oct 16, 2018 5:35 AM

Mar 2018
No, I'd just leave. I already don't want to be here so that would be a good excuse to get the hell out.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.
Oct 16, 2018 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
No way in hell. I don't owe anything to a shitty nation which disrespects its own citizens and ain't going to please any kind of greedy politician. I'm already angry that I'm forced to attend mandatory conscription for a year when during that time I could work on my career instead.
MonkeyDHunterOct 16, 2018 9:17 AM
Oct 16, 2018 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Nope. I wouldn't die for any ideology.

It's dumb. I wouldn't die for anything but friends.
Oct 16, 2018 6:11 AM

Feb 2017
Yes, I would. No matter what the political climate, the president, or any other factor, I still believe the United States is worth protecting. I care about the people who live in my country, and I want them to prosper.

Oct 16, 2018 7:42 AM
Jul 2018
Patriotism is a mental disorder lol
Oct 16, 2018 8:51 AM

Jan 2015
Fate_Saber88 said:
ezlord said:

With all due respect, I am not sure which country u think is suitable to overthrow our country, personally I wouldn't like the idea of China or Russia taking over for us and forget the Middle East. Their ideals clash with the founding American ideals of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness theory.
I think Northern European countries taking over won't be a bad idea, however their ideals won't work in out large heterogenous populations. Current western nations such as Germany and Uk are bound to be trampled by Islamic ideals in the next couple decades, it's only a matter of time, plus with leaders like Merkel and my French boi in France, leading Americans would cause more issues with their hella left wing p.c agenda.
Forget South America or the third world countries such as india and such, they don't stand a chance and even if they did, their current regimes already prove how loserish their governments are. Incapable leadership is the start of a doomed nation. America was blessed with great leaders, with of course awklodgement given to their flaws.
I understand what u mean by not wanting to be commanded by the US military etc.
But I think ur being highly optimistic if you think we would be better off with another nation taking over as I don't see any current standing nation more capabke than ourselves than handling our own issues. That's why I'm unsure why u think that another nation (if capable) is better off taking over us to solve our issues when I fail to see any current countries good enough to improvise our issues as it is.

I don't really care about loss of human life, as sacrifices are necessary for an eventual greater good. But they always say u gotta solve ur own issues first and not let others solve it for u, or the same mistakes repeat.
We are still a child nation compared to other nations, yet we have come this far. It may take decades or centuries for us to come out of our social and political issues, but that is the case with all counties. Not to mention many countries are LEAGUES behind when it comes to social and political issues. ex. Gay rights, racism towards blacks and women's rights.
I see the U.S as the best country in terms of opportunity but i would consider Australia,Canada and New Zealand in terms of equality and good government and they're less chaotic than the U.K.and U.S
You're completely right the U.S is better than Russia or China taking over,i can't imagine a scenario without the U.S being the leading nation worth of protection.

I agree with you on the NZ Canada and Australia
However, they are currently facing problems that will boil over in the next few decades that are social related of course. They are also no where in size or population compared to US
But well dat scenario won't happen so I agree with u

ur opinion = shit
Oct 16, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2017
Usagi said:
Lol no. I hate America so I wouldn't risk as much as a broken nail for this country.
^Yeah, same. I.e., that's a "no" for me, dawg
Oct 16, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
Considering I don't even live in my home country anymore, yeah no, I would not die for my country. It's not that it's a bad country, dying for it just wouldn't be worth it.

Yamato
[I like anything, so long as it's interesting.
“Shallow and wide, please” is my motto.]
Oct 16, 2018 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
I'd die for pettier reasons so yeah I'm pretty prepared to do so if it ever comes to that.
Oct 16, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2009
I served 3 years in the US army as an infantry solider so yes I would die for my country.
Oct 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Nope. Nationalism is dumb. Countries are just lines drawn on maps and there's no reason to feel as though you owe them something.
Take care of yourself

Oct 16, 2018 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
No, absolute loyalty is retarded.
If warmongering U.S politicians want to go to war so bad they can go get shot themselves.

I can see you

Oct 16, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2017
Even though I want to say yes, I don't know if I would be brave enough. But patriotism is very important here and I'm really glad about that.
Oct 16, 2018 3:10 PM

Jan 2018
No because I'm not a samurai. Hmm talk is easy so I'll avoid adding further.
Oct 16, 2018 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
hell fucking no, that's something i'll never understand
Oct 16, 2018 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
ha... nice joke
it would be such a waste tbh

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Oct 16, 2018 7:16 PM
Dec 2010
I will protect the nation but I rather live for the country than die for the country. No one want to be a pawn.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Oct 16, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2009
I plan on joining the military within 2 years. I'd prefer not dying, obviously, but it's a possibility.
Oct 16, 2018 8:05 PM

Aug 2015
Not really to be honest, would be a waste.

Oct 16, 2018 8:43 PM

Jun 2016
If it came to a point where my life and family life were in grave danger and I could somehow contribute to saving them by fighting...I'd like to think I would.

World War II was probably the last war worth fighting though.

JackDuluozOct 16, 2018 8:47 PM
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Oct 16, 2018 8:51 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
They gonna pay me a substantial wage?

No?

No.
Oct 16, 2018 9:15 PM

Jan 2015
I will say no, naturally. but if it the hypothetical story of oppressors or modern invasion that try to disrupt one lousy morning in somebody house , romantically one should take arm to protect their own. But i can see myself chikened out and just lick some ass whenever it does good to me. Double crossing sound fun
karambiaOct 16, 2018 9:20 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Oct 16, 2018 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
I'd prefer to see One Piece to the end, but if it comes to it, I would. My country is great and is worth protecting.
lol
Oct 16, 2018 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
Peru isnt worth dying for, this shithole country can dissapear for all i care... then again the rest of south american countries arent much better
Oct 17, 2018 1:18 AM

Oct 2010
If a war breaks out I'll flee the country. Nothing can convince me to fight for any country. I understant that if someone attacks you, you have to defend but I have my reasons, my country didn't do anything for me so why help it?
Oct 17, 2018 1:22 AM

Feb 2018
i would die for my country for sure

love my country and if it came down to and i had to kill some people to protect its freedom

i would
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 1:26 AM

Oct 2010
Magrael said:
my country, the racist, homophobe, xenophobe, minority hating assholes which are still stuck in the communist phase from fucking 20 years ago who disrespect the communities me and my family are a part of?
ah, yeah, i'd love to die for them

I didn't even check your profile and I realised you're from romania :)) you are 100% right. Are you perhaps an ethnic Hungarian? it's just a question, if I was being rude I'm sorry, I'll delete the post.
Oct 17, 2018 1:32 AM

Mar 2016
Catalano said:
I didn't even check your profile and I realised you're from romania :)) you are 100% right. Are you perhaps an ethnic Hungarian? it's just a question, if I was being rude I'm sorry, I'll delete the post.

nope, i'm 100% romanian and honestly, i'm not even close to being proud of it. are you?
Oct 17, 2018 1:39 AM

Jun 2010
For the country - certainly no, for the people - I may reconsider.
Oct 17, 2018 1:40 AM

Oct 2010
@Magrael I have some German roots but my grampa had to hide it in case of a backlash. I can't do anything about my origins, I try to be a law abiding citizen and that's it. Not worth dying for.
Oct 17, 2018 2:15 AM

Jun 2016
Absofuckinglutely not.

If I lived in a place I could have any pride of being from, it may be a different story.
Oct 17, 2018 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
Nah, my country doesn't deserve anything of that sort. In fact, we had a war ~25 years ago and many people, including some of my family mambers, died. If you ask people who fought back then about their thoughts, most will say they regret ever fighting and that it was not worth the lives that were lost.
Oct 17, 2018 4:38 AM

Aug 2016
This hellhole of a country is anything but worth dying for.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 17, 2018 5:21 AM

Aug 2018
Fate_Saber88 said:
A WW3 could led to the human extinction,i'm all about peace and i wish the issues settle down but i would die for the commonwealth.

That's cute.

Human extinction will happen anyway without a World War III. It's not like we're causing a mass extinction with our reckless behavoir anyway. You know deforestation, melting ice caps & rising sealevels, desertification, acidification of the oceans, plastic pollution, CO2 pollution, overpopulation, poaching of species, ... :-)

Source: I do happen to know quite a bit about mass extinctions. Rocks don't lie. :-)

As for your OP's question: No, thanks. Belgium is already crumbling by corrupt politicians.
Timz0rOct 17, 2018 5:28 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.