Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2017
Would you put yourself in danger to protect your country or attack another regardless which country is right or wrong, or if you like or not your leader?
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 15, 2018 4:58 PM

Sep 2018
I rather not have a military draft, but if it happens yeah. It is a scary thought though in which I hope another war does not happen especially due to the existance of the advancement of technology nowadays.
Oct 15, 2018 4:59 PM

Oct 2010
Lol no. I hate America so I wouldn't risk as much as a broken nail for this country.
Oct 15, 2018 5:00 PM

Jul 2012
Nah any country with good internet is enough for me. Considering my country relatively speaking has garbage internet services due to a national agreement to remove competition I have no allegiance for it.
Oct 15, 2018 5:00 PM

Mar 2016
Usagi said:
Lol no. I hate America so I wouldn't risk as much as a broken nail for this country.
Basically this. I plan to move to another country in the future.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 15, 2018 5:04 PM

Feb 2016
Id like to say no but in the moment i would probably feel otherwise and die for my country
Oct 15, 2018 5:04 PM

Feb 2014
in case of conflict the government forces you to fight , you can't chose not to fight otherwise they slam you in jail for a long time.
Oct 15, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2009
No. I don't feel particularly loyal to my country, and this is coming from former military. The concept of a "country" is too abstract for me to feel anything so strongly towards.

People, on the other hand, are a different story, including strangers. Being a highly empathetic person, I find it likely that I could die for another person, but it's difficult to say what would actually happen without having experienced it. Many of us believe we could die for another, but we can't be certain until the "opportunity" actually presents itself.
Oct 15, 2018 5:19 PM

Oct 2017
Usagi said:
What makes you hate your own country?
Oct 15, 2018 5:19 PM

Apr 2014
no. now that spacex program. that is a different issue
Oct 15, 2018 5:23 PM

Aug 2017
if my country was something cool then yeah but its not that its the super lame one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2018 5:28 PM

Oct 2017
rohan121 said:
I rather not have a military draft, but if it happens yeah. It is a scary thought though in which I hope another war does not happen especially due to the existance of the advancement of technology nowadays.
A WW3 could led to the human extinction,i'm all about peace and i wish the issues settle down but i would die for the commonwealth.
Oct 15, 2018 5:28 PM

Aug 2017
No, thank you. This decision is regardless the country I would be born in.
Oct 15, 2018 5:38 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
If what I'm fighting for is a cause I find to be morally correct, then maybe.
But just for the sake of war, no thanks.
I need a reason to fight. I'm a pacifist.
I'll fight if an innocent's life is in danger. But not "for pleasure".
Oct 15, 2018 5:52 PM

Mar 2008
Hahahaha no...the US is one of the most backwards developed countries out there. Another country taking it over that actually can wouldn't worry me much. I only care about people not so much the state aspect of countries.
traedOct 15, 2018 6:57 PM
Oct 15, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
If there was a legitimate reason, like being under attacked, then yeah. If the old fucks in congress just want to go to war just to go into their powertrip, then hell no. I'm sexually identifying as a female, so I don't have to get drafted.
Oct 15, 2018 6:07 PM

Jan 2015
I'd fight for my country but I'm not suicidal. I'm very much about self preserverance and if it means me or my country I chose me

ur opinion = shit
Oct 15, 2018 6:08 PM

Jan 2015
traed said:
Hahahaha no...the US is one of the most backwards developed countries out there. Another country taking it over that actually can wouldn't worry me much. I only care about people not so much countries.

Says the guy who proudly displays a communistic symbol.
Got plans to move to China any day soon?

ur opinion = shit
Oct 15, 2018 6:16 PM

Jun 2014
Despite all its flaws, I'm proud to be from the United States (well, 95% of the time). I would risk my life to protect its land and people.

           but you can become stronger...

...でもつよくなれるよ                     

Oct 15, 2018 6:19 PM

Oct 2018
No way, I wanna watch more anime baka

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 15, 2018 6:29 PM

Mar 2008
ezlord said:
traed said:
Hahahaha no...the US is one of the most backwards developed countries out there. Another country taking it over that actually can wouldn't worry me much. I only care about people not so much countries.

The fact you couldn't even pick up it's not the hammer and sickle of China and couldn't even understand the satire involved which is clear from a meme video being linked says a lot about your ignorance of political ideologies and government policy as a whole.
Oct 15, 2018 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
No. In fact, I'd let this country getting invaded/destroyed.

Oct 15, 2018 6:32 PM

Feb 2015
Oct 15, 2018 6:33 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Dying for people/leader who would never do the same for you has always been a wise decision. Just saying in case you don't have a redneck parent to shove this in your throat on a daily basis.
Oct 15, 2018 6:33 PM
Aug 2016
Um no thanks, I'm good. Thank u very much
Oct 15, 2018 6:36 PM

Dec 2015
No, I don't particularly care. I would strive to protect my family and friends if need be, and reach out to help those in need. But not through violent means.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oct 15, 2018 6:49 PM

Oct 2018
Definitely not.

My country has mandatory conscription for all able-bodied males above the age of 19. I'm currently finishing my service in the army as I speak, and I can honestly say that the years of nationalistic pride and patriotism our government has tried to instil in us has pretty much been unsuccessful.

I'm sure most of my peers can say the same; no one really wants to serve in the military - we're just here because we have to be, waiting for each day to pass by until we can finally return to our civilian lives.
Oct 15, 2018 6:57 PM

Jan 2017
depends on the cause.
fighting just to fight is pointless.
if i die for oil, then not worth it.
if i know it’s for a noble cause, for example, against invaders, then yes.
in the case of who is right or wrong on either side, that’s up to me to decide to fight.
fighting under one’s pure, unfiltered ideals is highly unlikely, due to the all encompassing nature of being in the military. some service members may have done things that go against their personal morals.
foreign conflict is a messy thing.
p0ckyyOct 15, 2018 8:02 PM
Oct 15, 2018 6:59 PM

May 2014
Nah I'd help those that would invade the UK so it doesn't turn into UKistan but it's probably too late
Oct 15, 2018 6:59 PM

Jan 2015
traed said:
ezlord said:

The fact you couldn't even pick up it's not the hammer and sickle of China and couldn't even understand the satire involved which is clear from a meme video being linked says a lot about your ignorance of political ideologies and government policy as a whole.

My bad. U pressed the trigger button in my head

ur opinion = shit
Oct 15, 2018 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm, probs not. However I do love Australians and could be tempted to sacrifice myself for them

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 15, 2018 7:13 PM

Apr 2016
Once trump stops being president I'll think about it.
Oct 15, 2018 7:19 PM

Mar 2008
ezlord said:
traed said:

Basically my logic is the US has a powerful enough and large enough military I don't need involved. I wouldn't want to do anything against my own morals and I can't do that under US command because i wouldn't be given the truth or right to reject command.. If the US was ever taken over it either would be an improvement or the large US population would change or overthrow this new government and it should in theory be better than what it was previously. Whether a war or a civil war leads to more loss of life is hard to say but the overall result I think could do more good for both nations and being that so many countries with ability to take over US are democracies a civil war might not even be necessary in event of takeover of a country that makes things suck more.
Oct 15, 2018 7:34 PM

Jan 2015
traed said:
ezlord said:

Basically my logic is the US has a powerful enough and large enough military I don't need involved. I wouldn't want to do anything against my own morals and I can't do that under US command because i wouldn't be given the truth or right to reject command.. If the US was ever taken over it either would be an improvement or the large US population would change or overthrow this new government and it should in theory be better than what it was previously. Whether a war or a civil war leads to more loss of life is hard to say but the overall result I think could do more good for both nations and being that so many countries with ability to take over US are democracies a civil war might not even be necessary in event of takeover of a country that makes things suck more.

With all due respect, I am not sure which country u think is suitable to overthrow our country, personally I wouldn't like the idea of China or Russia taking over for us and forget the Middle East. Their ideals clash with the founding American ideals of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness theory.
I think Northern European countries taking over won't be a bad idea, however their ideals won't work in out large heterogenous populations. Current western nations such as Germany and Uk are bound to be trampled by Islamic ideals in the next couple decades, it's only a matter of time, plus with leaders like Merkel and my French boi in France, leading Americans would cause more issues with their hella left wing p.c agenda.
Forget South America or the third world countries such as india and such, they don't stand a chance and even if they did, their current regimes already prove how loserish their governments are. Incapable leadership is the start of a doomed nation. America was blessed with great leaders, with of course awklodgement given to their flaws.
I understand what u mean by not wanting to be commanded by the US military etc.
But I think ur being highly optimistic if you think we would be better off with another nation taking over as I don't see any current standing nation more capabke than ourselves than handling our own issues. That's why I'm unsure why u think that another nation (if capable) is better off taking over us to solve our issues when I fail to see any current countries good enough to improvise our issues as it is.

I don't really care about loss of human life, as sacrifices are necessary for an eventual greater good. But they always say u gotta solve ur own issues first and not let others solve it for u, or the same mistakes repeat.
We are still a child nation compared to other nations, yet we have come this far. It may take decades or centuries for us to come out of our social and political issues, but that is the case with all counties. Not to mention many countries are LEAGUES behind when it comes to social and political issues. ex. Gay rights, racism towards blacks and women's rights.

ur opinion = shit
Oct 15, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2010
Fate_Saber88 said:
Usagi said:

Trump, republicans, and various other people who live in it.
Oct 15, 2018 7:49 PM

Oct 2013
MajesticOtaKing said:
People, on the other hand, are a different story, including strangers. Being a highly empathetic person, I find it likely that I could die for another person, but it's difficult to say what would actually happen without having experienced it. Many of us believe we could die for another, but we can't be certain until the "opportunity" actually presents itself.

Pretty much this. A lot of the posts here are pretty negative towards each person’s country, but I think realistically I’d look at the individuals instead of being broad. So yes, I’d most likely “fight” if it came down to it.
Oct 15, 2018 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I don't eat enough crayons to do that.

Unless they force me to.
Oct 15, 2018 7:59 PM

May 2013
i view the country and the government as a body or process working alongside people. although they are "officially" seen as a governing body, i don't feel like i owe the country/government anything. i also feel like it is unnecessary to have a military.

if you mean to say that some crazy invasion is happening and the only request is that one person needs to be sacrificed in order to leave everyone else alone, and i happen to be the one chosen as a sacrifice, then that's a different story.
Oct 15, 2018 8:15 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
Fate_Saber88 said:

It's always amusing when people pretend our political system actually has a meaningful impact in their life besides their twitter feed. You wouldn't defend your country because you never had to fathom the thought of doing such a thing because security and personal freedoms is how this country was built. Hate America all you want, but don't forget that blood has been spilt so you can freely express whatever garbage you want.
Oct 15, 2018 8:24 PM

Oct 2010
immaphilosopha said:
Usagi said:

It's always amusing when people pretend our political system actually has a meaningful impact in their life besides their twitter feed. You wouldn't defend your country because you never had to fathom the thought of doing such a thing because security and personal freedoms is how this country was built. Hate America all you want, but don't forget that blood has been spilt so you can freely express whatever garbage you want.

Um health insurance? Obamacare? Birth control coverage?
To name a few.
Oct 15, 2018 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
immaphilosopha said:

To name a few.

I guess I'll just pretend that's not all literally the same thing and just tell you birth control is cheap as fuck but I wish as well more shit was free.
Oct 15, 2018 8:47 PM

Oct 2010
immaphilosopha said:
Usagi said:

To name a few.

I guess I'll just pretend that's not all literally the same thing and just tell you birth control is cheap as fuck but I wish as well more shit was free.

It's all related yet different when you get into specifics.
My birth control costs $720 per year. As a college student with barely any income, that's pretty damn expensive. It's also a medical necessity. I was placed on birth control by my doctors because I'm unable to get a normal period on my own, which puts me at a cancer risk as my uterine lining builds up inside of me. If I can't have my birth control covered because a bunch of foolish old men think it makes me an immoral baby killer, then nobody should have any of the medicine they actually need covered (which obviously should not happen).
Oct 15, 2018 9:01 PM

Jul 2017
that would be silly I would never die for anything
maybe I am not patriotic enough
Oct 15, 2018 9:09 PM

Oct 2018
I will never kill anybody,
But I could sarcifice my inochi if it could protect some people from danger.
It's the best way to go.

Holding on is believing that there's only a past. Letting go is knowing that there's a future.
Oct 15, 2018 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
immaphilosopha said:

My birth control costs $720 per year. As a college student with barely any income, that's pretty damn expensive. It's also a medical necessity. I was placed on birth control by my doctors because I'm unable to get a normal period on my own, which puts me at a cancer risk as my uterine lining builds up inside of me. If I can't have my birth control covered because a bunch of foolish old men think it makes me an immoral baby killer, then nobody should have any of the medicine they actually need covered (which obviously should not happen).

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.

Still, if you want to hate our country over your medical expenses, that's perfectly fine. I'm dealing with my own medical expenses because I never bothered to get health insurance but that doesn't make me hate my country, it makes me want to plan my life better. If Republicans make you hate America, that's a shame, because America is more than just our political system. I find our values and freedoms worth something and just because you dislike our president, that doesn't mean that worth disappears. When I read statements like yours, I just can't imagine where else in the world can you live the life you live besides here. Of course, I can be wrong, but I just wish people can be more respectful to our home. At least I can see that my original post doesn't apply to you, so I apologize to you for that.
Oct 15, 2018 9:34 PM

May 2016
uhm...
no, i don't think i would            

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Oct 15, 2018 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
ezlord said:
traed said:

Basically my logic is the US has a powerful enough and large enough military I don't need involved. I wouldn't want to do anything against my own morals and I can't do that under US command because i wouldn't be given the truth or right to repremmand.. If the US was ever taken over it either would be an improvement or the large US population would change or overthrow this new government and it should in theory be better than what it was previously. Whether a war or a civil war leads to more loss of life is hard to say but the overall result I think could do more good for both nations and being that so many countries with ability to take over US are democracies a civil war might not even be necessary in event of takeover of a country that makes things suck more.

With all due respect, I am not sure which country u think is suitable to overthrow our country, personally I wouldn't like the idea of China or Russia taking over for us and forget the Middle East. Their ideals clash with the founding American ideals of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness theory.
I think Northern European countries taking over won't be a bad idea, however their ideals won't work in out large heterogenous populations. Current western nations such as Germany and Uk are bound to be trampled by Islamic ideals in the next couple decades, it's only a matter of time, plus with leaders like Merkel and my French boi in France, leading Americans would cause more issues with their hella left wing p.c agenda.
Forget South America or the third world countries such as india and such, they don't stand a chance and even if they did, their current regimes already prove how loserish their governments are. Incapable leadership is the start of a doomed nation. America was blessed with great leaders, with of course awklodgement given to their flaws.
I understand what u mean by not wanting to be commanded by the US military etc.
But I think ur being highly optimistic if you think we would be better off with another nation taking over as I don't see any current standing nation more capabke than ourselves than handling our own issues. That's why I'm unsure why u think that another nation (if capable) is better off taking over us to solve our issues when I fail to see any current countries good enough to improvise our issues as it is.

I don't really care about loss of human life, as sacrifices are necessary for an eventual greater good. But they always say u gotta solve ur own issues first and not let others solve it for u, or the same mistakes repeat.
We are still a child nation compared to other nations, yet we have come this far. It may take decades or centuries for us to come out of our social and political issues, but that is the case with all counties. Not to mention many countries are LEAGUES behind when it comes to social and political issues. ex. Gay rights, racism towards blacks and women's rights.

It's a vague hypothetical with no specific counyry in mind. Russia is only country with strong enough a military but the US population outnumbers Russia's the Russian government will just wind up being changed as result if it could make the US part of Russia either democratically or by a coup. China is only one that really would be an issue because their population is so much larger so that would lead to civil war but i think in thus case a civil war is less a problem than two global superpowers at war. There aren't any mid east counties that want to take over the US they mostly just want the US to stay out of their counties afairs nor do they have power to succeed. If they did take over which is very unlikely it would be quickly overthrown in civil war or coup then either the US becomes better than before or maybe the mid east country too. UK that's just a fear not grounded in reality. The UK isn't Islamist it's just Reactionary Torys lol Basically the general point is the better qualities of each country stand and bad ones will fade which will happen after the initial changes whether good or bad turn.
Oct 15, 2018 9:37 PM

Nov 2011
No, I will not be used as pawns for greedy politician who couldn't care else about me.

Oct 15, 2018 9:39 PM

Oct 2010
immaphilosopha said:
Usagi said:

Still, if you want to hate our country over your medical expenses, that's perfectly fine. I'm dealing with my own medical expenses because I never bothered to get health insurance but that doesn't make me hate my country, it makes me want to plan my life better. If Republicans make you hate America, that's a shame, because America is more than just our political system. I find our values and freedoms worth something and just because you dislike our president, that doesn't mean that worth disappears. When I read statements like yours, I just can't imagine where else in the world can you live the life you live besides here. Of course, I can be wrong, but I just wish people can be more respectful to our home. At least I can see that my original post doesn't apply to you, so I apologize to you for that.

Medical expenses are only a very small part of the reason, it's just the most personal.

Freedom to what? Own a gun? Can't say I'm interested in that. America doesn't offer very much freedom at all, even more so if you're black. I could think of numerous other countries I would rather live in. I'll be respectful to our home when it isn't the land of greed and ignorance.
Oct 15, 2018 9:58 PM

Jul 2012
Usagi said:
immaphilosopha said:

Medical expenses are only a very small part of the reason, it's just the most personal.

Freedom to what? Own a gun? Can't say I'm interested in that. America doesn't offer very much freedom at all, even more so if you're black. I could think of numerous other countries I would rather live in. I'll be respectful to our home when it isn't the land of greed and ignorance.

Your freedom to think, act and speak without outside coercion, your freedom to pursue any economic or social status, your freedom of a private self and your ability to be a diverse and equal individual. You don't have to own a gun to see your freedoms in action, but you're probably aren't interested in any of that either.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

24 by -Jahra »»
10 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
10 minutes ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
23 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
36 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.