Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Leskinen encounters Okabe again but luckly, Moeka came to help him.

Also got to see a bit of Kagari taking on Suzuha again. Okabe and his group takes one last stand for Mayuri as expected on the rooftop (I wish he wore his lab coat instead though) The good news in all this is that Russia isn't in the way this time. Mayuri also had some memorable moments as she seems thankful for what everyone has done for her.

Pretty much a climatic finale to battle for the timeline/Steins;Gate.
Sep 26, 2018 9:22 AM

Feb 2018
I think in this episode Okabe was meet with Kurisu :)
Okabe was so cool in scene where he safe "Shiina Mayuri" and "Suzuha"
SyureriaNov 9, 2018 4:29 PM
Sep 26, 2018 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
^The average person who has S;G0 scored as a 10.

Can't wait for the subbed version to come out, finally this piece of shit ends
Sep 26, 2018 9:34 AM

Sep 2018
Hacking to The Gate and Gate of Steiner in final episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2015
In my opinion, the anime adaptation is way superior than the VN.

They include a lot of scenes, Hacking to the gate, that ending. It was beautiful.
Sep 26, 2018 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
Even tho this might not be OG level of epicness, 0 was just as fun as the original.

Don't skip the post credit scene, symbolic af

Thank you SG0 for an enjoyable 2018.

MxxxstationSep 28, 2018 11:50 AM
Sep 26, 2018 10:57 AM

Jun 2013
A great finale to the story of despair leading to the new earned hope for the past...

Okabe nailed it, his knowledge became a real asset to letting Mayuri get in the time machine. It was executed perfectly. I didn't expect for Mayuri to have such an impact on 0's storyline and the goal of saving Kurisu, without her, Kurisu wouldn't be saved.
Okabe came to save them though, walking like a boss...

They also used Gate of Steiner and Hacking to the Gate... They know how to treat fans.

0 Wasn't perfect, definitely. I got a bit bored during the middle of the series, and I personally think they should've rushed the slice of life comedy episodes and make the thrilling plot developing episodes slower so they can have more impact. The last few episodes were amazing and gave the feeling of Steins Gate's thriller I adore so much but if only they would be slower, having a moment after moment is ruining the impact each moment has.
Other than that I wish the production was smoother, they were obviously having schedule problems when they delayed an episode and seeing things like that actually affect the animation always makes me sad, luckily these last few episodes looked mostly good.

Even with all its flaws, I still loved the series a lot.
MrMushinSep 26, 2018 2:44 PM
Sep 26, 2018 10:57 AM
Jul 2016
Klad said:

You are really cool
Sep 26, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2018
There we go, such a ride and good thing to be alive to see this animated...
I'm REALLY happy they animated the post-credits thing... That smirk, so awesome! And let's not forget about the songs ofcourse...!

10/10. Sure, sometimes the animation was not what you would expect but hopefully they've fixed that in the BDs which will totally go on my shelf. Next stop? The Steins;Gate 0 OVA and Steins;Gate Elite!!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Sep 26, 2018 11:13 AM
a car

Jun 2017
HOLY CRAP THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. ALL IN ONE EPISODE.

They showed how they saved the time machine, the 2025 stuff, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, they SHOWED what happened after he went to fetch them! The fan theory is officially official!

Also HACKING TO THE GATE for the win, and that oh-so-feels inducing Sasaki version of Gate of Steiner...

If only the first 19 episodes were as good as these last four, then maybe this would've absolutely surpassed the VN. But no, I'm stubborn. I like good art. I like Judy. I like Mahou. I like the story arcs they had to cut out. So in the end, I'll just say this show is "equal to" the VN "in its own unique way".

And for those of you who think the post-credits were BS...

The last mystery, however is...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE OVA GOING TO BE?!
Sep 26, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2013
yoshi007master said:
Klad said:

You are really cool
I know man, didn't need you to tell me
Sep 26, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2016
Ok, I'm gonna be quick:

Appreciate the things this adaptation did with expanding the source material and fixing some issues. Other than that, the obvious production quality problems hurt a lot, although I do not take them as very relevant to my enjoyment, I can't deny that a lot of scenes simply couldn't bring out the emotions they should have.

My opinion on the source material itself gradually changed too, I think it has too many faults, even if the studio tried to improve the story, some things simply don't work well in the context of the general plot and there were some glaring conveniences and common tropes used throughout. The unification of the routes did both good and bad things, I'd personally handled this adaptation a lot differently, but I can appreciate the attempt they did, even if some things were very sidelined, some things felt too much filler-ish and unnecessary in the grand scheme and some things just lacked in focus and execution. But I can't blame all of that on White Fox.

I wonder what would my reaction have been if I didn't read the source material beforehand, I can still say I'm generally satisfied though, even if personally, contrary to most of watchers, I think these last episodes were a lot weaker than what I'd have wished to see, for their importance many of these strong scenes were altered in a weaker way, the long build up had more surprising things for me and I believed the setup from the earlier episodes was handled for something better paced.

This final episode felt obviously rushed, I would have really liked to see 2 episodes on this material, but I'm glad at least they didn't postpone the true ending to the OVA.
El Psy Kongroo.
AquamirrorSep 26, 2018 11:27 AM
Sep 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
OVA will be aftermath movie dejavu pretty much confirm by this episode.
Sep 26, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
A good but very rushed finale for me.

Overall, whilst this show had some terrific and emotional moments, it just felt like it tried to copy the original a lot and that in the end, made this show kind of lose a lot of impact for me. And with all its issues, I was really disappointed in this show overall.

Steins;Gate was a masterpiece that blew up with plot points very well written and used, and twists and a narrative moving really well, all that Steins;Gate 0 didn't for me.

It was not terrible and I may be harsh with my rating 5, but for a guy that deeply loved the original so much, my heart can't go more than a 5 for this, just for the amount of flaws and bullshit this show had.
Mar 2017
Not a masterpiece compared to the original but was enjoyable had its strong and weak moments as well...as much as I love Steins;Gate the final episode of 0 was a bit underwhelming for me...also would it not cause a time paradox if teen Suzuha went back to the 2026 timeline?.A solid 7.5/10 for me

Nov 2008
When this anime started, I considered giving it a 9, maybe even a 10. But seeing how rushed the latter half has been, I can't give it more than a 7. I want to like it more, I just can't. The pacing has been so awkward, especially in the final two episodes, that I end up wondering why I waited so many years for this.
I don't know why they decided to rush things at the end when they could have easily skipped some other stuff, like that useless song episode. I'm not a VN reader, but I think it is way better than this adaptation.
That being said, I enjoyed the first half quite a lot and the ending had its merits. I loved the post-credit scene and the recording of future Okabe's message was very well done with Hacking to the Gate playing in the background.
Sep 26, 2018 11:32 AM

Sep 2017
This made my day boy.Thanks Steins;Gate 0 for the six beautiful months.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Sep 26, 2018 11:33 AM

May 2018
I wonder if Mommy is trying to future the change too.
Sep 26, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
kinda disappointed but pretty ok i guess
Sep 26, 2018 11:38 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode in my opinion.

That after credits scene was simply... beautiful!
Sep 26, 2018 11:39 AM

Feb 2013
So they still haven't saved Kurisu, that was a letdown.
The last scene was cool though.
Sep 26, 2018 11:43 AM
Apr 2017
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

They showed how they saved the time machine, the 2025 stuff, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, they SHOWED what happened after he went to fetch them! The fan theory is officially official!

Also HACKING TO THE GATE for the win, and that oh-so-feels inducing Sasaki version of Gate of Steiner...

If only the first 19 episodes were as good as these last four, then maybe this would've absolutely surpassed the VN. But no, I'm stubborn. I like good art. I like Judy. I like Mahou. I like the story arcs they had to cut out. So in the end, I'll just say this show is "equal to" the VN "in its own unique way".

And for those of you who think the post-credits were BS...

The last mystery, however is...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE OVA GOING TO BE?!

Most importantly, I liked the scene of Reyes death in promised rinascimento. In anime she just got a 1.5 seconds time of few bullets and GTFO. Other than that, the interaction of Moeka is also awfully low, wasted Fubuki character. But this ending scene was epic, with continuous flow of badass scenes.
Sep 26, 2018 11:43 AM
May 2018
best ending ever .
Sep 26, 2018 11:47 AM

Feb 2016
Ulquiorra said:
So they still haven't saved Kurisu, that was a letdown.
The last scene was cool though.

but she gets saved in the original anime xd
Sep 26, 2018 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
It was veery nice, especially how they connected it to the original storyline. It kind of felt unfullfilling though. He fought so hard to change the future, yet he only could change it for his alternate self.
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
Sep 26, 2018 11:50 AM
Aug 2018
I didn't understand the very very end, i think i'm getting all mixed up with all that happens in this amazing show. Where ( or i should say when) does okabe go after he picked up suzuha and mayuri in 18000 BC?
Sep 26, 2018 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
This finale definitely felt rushed, but it was still a nice ending. I really liked how they played Hacking to the Gate, what a nice callback to the original S;G series.

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel disappointed by this series. I was so hyped when it first started, but it felt like it meandered too much. It got off to a pretty good start, but it felt so slow, pointless, and quite frankly, filler-like many many times in the middle. Some episodes felt like they could have been omitted completely tbh. It picked up a lot of steam toward the end, but like I said earlier, it felt rushed. I feel like these last few episodes could have immensely upped their quality and emotional impact if some of the stuff in the middle was skipped or rushed through so more time could be spent here, where it mattered the most.

It's unfortunate that I feel this way, because the original series is, and will most likely remain, one of my all-time favorite anime ever. I had high hopes for this, and was hoping to give it the same score, or close to the same score, as the original. Despite how much better it got in the final 5 or 6 episodes, when looking at the overall problems that I highlighted above (along with unimpressive production value), I can't bring myself to give this more than a 6/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2018 11:52 AM

Sep 2018
bukuna said:
Not a masterpiece compared to the original but was enjoyable had its strong and weak moments as well...as much as I love Steins;Gate the final episode of 0 was a bit underwhelming for me...also would it not cause a time paradox if teen Suzuha went back to the 2026 timeline?.A solid 7.5/10 for me

Lmao he will be overwritten by Okabe 2010. Did you even watch first season?
Sep 26, 2018 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
Great ending, really. But it felt rushed as hell. 2 episodes more would make it a lot better in terms of "flow".
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 26, 2018 11:54 AM

Jan 2018
Sherman503 said:
I didn't understand the very very end, i think i'm getting all mixed up with all that happens in this amazing show. Where ( or i should say when) does okabe go after he picked up suzuha and mayuri in 18000 BC?

In the VN Mayuri and Suzuha get stuck somewhere in the timeline and the game itself kinda set it up to seem like there might be even more. So I'm assuming this scene was thrown in to show that more won't be necessary, which I'm quite glad since it wouldn't have been. tl;dr Okabe just go saves those two so no more shenanigans happen
What a beautiful Duwang
Sep 26, 2018 11:57 AM

Jan 2018
I loved the ending to Steins;Gate 0
This episode got me in tears!

This was an amazing series and it was sad when Steins Gate 0 ended but really enjoyed the series!

Sep 26, 2018 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
what did Mayuhi mean by saying "feelings spaning 26 years and one more are entrusted to you" ?

also what did they mean by saying the "2nd one goes to suzuna in 2011"? why does she need to get a video as well?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 26, 2018 12:03 PM

Oct 2010
It's been like watching someone play Nuzlocke, the voluntary extra challenge being to finish the game without killing Leskinen, because if you do "you'll be as bad as him." "He's knocked out, but he'll wake up any minute," oh boy, the tension! If he's still able to call in the helicopter, but it doesn't destroy the time machine, you beat the challenge!

Yeah, yeah, killing him wouldn't actually affect any outcomes because writer designed a wonderful new world where the heroes' fighters need only kill faceless enemies to prevent global war, that's fine.

Good music though :)
Sep 26, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2016
Sherman503 said:

He stays there in the past, effectively dies in 2025 so he won't overwrite the Okabe from the original anime.
Sep 26, 2018 12:05 PM

Jan 2008
definitely too much stuff in this one episode. would not mind if it was 24 episodes.
Sep 26, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2017
That moment when Hacking to the Gate started playing... chills.
Okabe in the end was badass. Great series, looking forward to the OVA on November 28th.
Sep 26, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
I like the ending. Amadeus is gone. Mayuri and Suzuha traveled in time. That Mayuri talked with her past self to encourage Okabe. In the future, Okabe sends the video to his past self and, later, traveled in time to rescue Mayuri and Suzuha.

Steins;Gate 0 doesn't have the quality of the original but I like the new characters. The antagonists are more predictable and have some issues in the pacing but the studio handled in their own way. After all I've seen from this season, Steins;Gate 0 is one of the few shows that I can say that is decent. 7/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 26, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
i like that the gritty video message from the original's ending was just the group doing some special lighting effect lol. Okabe deceiving the world in more ways than one.

i think what hurt the show a little is that those of us that knows the premise and watched the original knew how its gonna end. its a matter of how they get there...speaking of, did the VN explained how Okabe came up with the plan to "deceive the world" to save Kurisu?
Sep 26, 2018 12:17 PM

Feb 2016
dannymilk said:
i like that the gritty video message from the original's ending was just the group doing some special lighting effect lol. Okabe deceiving the world in more ways than one.

i think what hurt the show a little is that those of us that knows the premise and watched the original knew how its gonna end. its a matter of how they get there...speaking of, did the VN explained how Okabe came up with the plan to "deceive the world" to save Kurisu?

They kinda showed it already though, even during the last episode Okabe remembered Nakabachi who talked about the Upa, he had the "deceive the world" from Daru, even Leskinen mentioned it when he talked about the time machine blowing up, the Kagari's song also kinda plays a similar role.
Sep 26, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
oh my fucking god....
so, not only did they actually ended in this episode, they even gave the motivation of the original series' mayuri a motivation to let the original hououin kyouma live, but when i watched the original anime always thought that the older okarin was the most depressed bastard alive just to let the MC of the original anime succeed by staying himself in the fucked up world...
but now i know that he was still hyoma in the future with a goal all this time, to meet mayuri again
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 26, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
I knew this is gonna suck already 2 years ago when it was announced there's no Kurisu in this but wow, this was worse than expected.
Sep 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2015
dannymilk said:

Episode 8: Okabe learns about perspective.
Episode 12: Okabe fooled himself while he was searching the origin of the song.
Episode 20: Okabe deceive the world when got captured.
SpidersaintSep 26, 2018 12:27 PM
Sep 26, 2018 12:20 PM
Aug 2013
dannymilk said:

He got it from leskinen didnt he? Since that was leskinens plan from the beginning stealing the time machine the exact moment it would be destroyed, he told him that during their first encounter at the time machine.
Sep 26, 2018 12:22 PM
Aug 2018
Aquamirror said:
Sherman503 said:

He stays there in the past, effectively dies in 2025 so he won't overwrite the Okabe from the original anime.

And suzuha and mayuri ?
Sep 26, 2018 12:24 PM

Sep 2017
Klad said:

Your opinion really makes you stand out from that average, very unique and special!
Sep 26, 2018 12:24 PM

Feb 2015
Great series to a show I never thought needed a sequel or alternative timeline. Even thought it didn't quite reach the heights of the original it was still a great show 9/10
Sep 26, 2018 12:27 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Overhyped. Didn't feel anything for the characters even when they died. Die, Rurako you piece of shit. Each and every character is a piece of shit unlike original S;G.

Still going to give it a generous 5/10 because it is still S;G.

Darling in the FranXX and S;G0 are contenders for the worst anime of the year.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 26, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
Sherman503 said:
Aquamirror said:

And suzuha and mayuri ?

He was supposed to give them a battery, but it was never directly specified who returns back. I guess at least Mayuri should return so she can adopt Kagari. Not sure about Suzuha, as there would be 2 of them, maybe she dies shortly after by whatever reason.
Sep 26, 2018 12:30 PM

Sep 2018
Mezo-RPWPA said:
what did Mayuhi mean by saying "feelings spaning 26 years and one more are entrusted to you" ?

also what did they mean by saying the "2nd one goes to suzuna in 2011"? why does she need to get a video as well?

Duh Operation Arc-Light -_-
Sep 26, 2018 12:35 PM

Sep 2018
Steins;Gate 0 will be overwritten by Ep 23-24 Steins;Gate so do not care so much about 18000 BC Suzuha and Mayuri in this episode :)
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.